Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (859554 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (608) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by wholejay: 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
advanceDNA:

Lol....if u see any hard copy delivery make i bend grin

Why
My permanent address is Delta but i inputted Abj (my family house) as delivery address bcus i ws at abj as at that time.
The only prob i had ws nipost delvery from lag to abj, it took 11days before it ws delivered to the said address after royal mail sent it to lag just within 2days.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by slimanyd: 6:26am On Apr 04, 2023
oak202:
Good evening house,i'm filling main applicant application form. There is a portion where they ask where i will be staying? Should i put the address on the CoS or the one on the Letterhead of the maintenance letter given to us by the company?

Put ur working address there.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by oak202: 6:44am On Apr 04, 2023
slimanyd:

Put ur working address there.
Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hermeknorr(f): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2023
Good morning everyone, please I have a ask. What's the difference between a 3yrs COS and a 5yrs COS. Which one is more better for settlement purpose
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by oucherichard: 10:22am On Apr 04, 2023
Hermeknorr:
Good morning everyone, please I have a ask. What's the difference between a 3yrs COS and a 5yrs COS. Which one is more better for settlement purpose
5years.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 10:33am On Apr 04, 2023
Hermeknorr:

5yrs is sweet but if u see 3yrs collect too bcus all of them u will still.renew at some point

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 10:46am On Apr 04, 2023
Good morning everyone
Please I have a question ,

I got cos from a Temporary Worker in July, applied for visa at TLS VI in September 2022, I also did my biometric same day.

I was called for an interview in November 2022.
My problem now is that I'm yet to receive my visa since September till now .
UK embassy keeps saying that the application is awaiting decision .
And the COS will expire this April.

Has anyone experienced this before
What would likely happen to my application now
Please I need an urgent response
Thank you

quote author=Mykelpato post=122240233]
There are some agencies that are licensed sponsors who recruits people but most especially for Domiciliary care,those type of agents may not be doing active recruitment like that anymore. However ,real legit agents are like middlemen who work hand in hand with care homes they charge you money fast track your application and the care homes will schedule and interview and hire you asap. Those type are still working , they’re just middlemen that work closely with the care home managers and maybe HRs, so basically the care homes are recruiting you directly.[/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Ceejay2: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2023
Eky29:

Good morning everyone

I got cos from a Temporary Worker in July, applied for visa at TLS VI in September 2022, I also did my biometric same day.

Thank you

There are some agencies that are licensed sponsors who recruits people but most especially for Domiciliary care,those type of agents may not be doing active recruitment like that anymore. However ,real legit agents are like middlemen who work hand in hand with care homes they charge you money fast track your application and the care homes will schedule and interview and hire you asap. Those type are still working , they’re just middlemen that work closely with the care home managers and maybe HRs, so basically the care homes are recruiting you directly.

When did you collect the cos and applied for the Visa. Cos is valid for 4 months, seems you applied January ending or there about. Have you sent paid email once If not so send them paid email to them.

If you have been following this thread early last month you will understand.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 11:45am On Apr 04, 2023
[quote author=Ceejay2 post=122285332]

When did you collect the cos and applied for the Visa. Cos is valid for 4 months, seems you applied January ending or there about. Have you sent paid email once If not so send them paid email to them.

Thought COS was 3 months ? This application is scary though

Since 2022 we are in April 2023 o....nd u are main applicant not Sependant

I think u should escalate it
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 11:49am On Apr 04, 2023
[quote author=Eky29 post=122284989]
Good morning everyone

Thank you

Who did interview with you?

How come ur application is that long wit the embassy

Even if u got it from an agency ?

You should escalate it and understand what's happening

Or reach out to your employer
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
Eky29:

Good morning everyone

Thank you

There are some agencies that are licensed sponsors who recruits people but most especially for Domiciliary care,those type of agents may not be doing active recruitment like that anymore. However ,real legit agents are like middlemen who work hand in hand with care homes they charge you money fast track your application and the care homes will schedule and interview and hire you asap. Those type are still working , they’re just middlemen that work closely with the care home managers and maybe HRs, so basically the care homes are recruiting you directly.
I actually don't know how you got this temporary job in the UK or Channel Island , what role were you given . There is exemption to this type of visa nationals , that might be the problem . Give more details maybe you could get your answers .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ceejay2:

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 12:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
Yes I applied and did biometric in September 2o22. The contract is 6 months which was supposed to start from August and end in April 2023.

We are already in April and the visa is yet to be out. I don’t understand uk embassy. We actually called last week and they said the application is still awaiting decision. I’m confused right now.

[quote author=Osa4 post=122286247][/quote]

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2023
Not sure I understand what you meant by who did interview with me. I actually had an interview at TLS VI if that’s what you meant.[quote author=Osa4 post=122286332][/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2023
Is an entertainment industry(music )

Bostin:

I actually don't know how you got this temporary job in the UK or Channel Island , what role were you given . There is exemption to this type of visa nationals , that might be the problem . Give more details maybe you could get your answers .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2023
From what I understood, are you trying to say that Nigerians can’t get a Temporary work visa to Uk?

Bostin:

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
Hermeknorr:

Weda 3 yrs or 5 yrs...u are at the mercy of ur employer.....if an employer loses licence, hope u know the employee has to leave uk if they dont get another sponsor quickly... so its not like ur 5yrs visa is transferable to another employer

So the goal is to get something more permanent and sustainable as quik as possible....many pple that entered through a sponsor for 5 years no longer works for that employer anymore.....
...cos all these fire brigade sponsors can decide to not renew their sponsor licence after they have raked in enough £....

.can u even pack oyinbo shít for 5 years even if u are sponsored for 5 years...??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
[quote author=Eky29 post=122284989]

COS expiration only means u must submit the application before it expires...once u submit , u are in the clear....even if ur application takes long and the COS expires before decision is made.....e no matter

What u should be waiting for is outcome of ur application.....send more paid mail to worry them....them go answer you

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2023
Eky29:
From what I understood, are you trying to say that Nigerians can’t get a Temporary work visa to Uk?

Yes do your research and it's only in Agriculture Temporary/Seasonal work visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2023
Now I get it.
Thank you Advance DNA

One more thing, I was supposed to start work in October 2o22 to finish in April 2o23. That 6months which is the duration of the Temporary Worker visa

We are already in April and the visa is yet to be out, do you think this can affect my visa approval?

quote author=advanceDNA post=122287642]
[/quote]
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 1:01pm On Apr 04, 2023
Eky29:
Is an entertainment industry(music )

This should be under Creative worker visa ( Temporary) , it's has no exemption of Nationals . Maybe something else caused the delay .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
You are wrong, do your research well. My friend is already in uk since March the same Entertainment.

Bostin:
Yes do your research and it's only in Agriculture Temporary/Seasonal work visa
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by muyiwa0592: 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2023
My wife COS came with A month free accommodation and a month free bus transportation to work..With this please we still need prove of funds
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
Eky29:
Now I get it.
Thank you Advance DNA

One more thing, I was supposed to start work in October 2o22 to finish in April 2o23. That 6months which is the duration of the Temporary Worker visa

We are already in April and the visa is yet to be out, do you think this can affect my visa approval?

quote author=advanceDNA post=122287642]

If it is written that way on ur employment contract....ukvi might deny you..but not before contacting the employer....
..usually because its a job and not a univeriaty course other's may have started.....an employer can easily adjust the period of your job if they really want you........what they do is contact the employer to respond if he wants to change the duration of ur engagement or the job is no longer available since the time of resuming has significantly passed....... basically ur employer will determine if u are still going to enter uk or not.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2023
muyiwa0592:
My wife COS came with A month free accommodation and a month free bus transportation to work..With this please we still need prove of funds

If ur employer has confirmed he ticked yes to support ur wife and ur family for POF on ur COS.......that means u wont need POF again....

Please ....make sure u confirm correctly...we have seen where only the main application is coveted with POF....while some all the family did not need to submit pof...
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Bostin(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2023
Eky29:
You are wrong, do your research well. My friend is already in uk since March the same Entertainment.

Entertainment is fine I thought it was Agriculture .
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
Bostin:

U like vawulence...why are u thinking what the ddnt say... grin
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2023
Okay
Bostin:
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osa4: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2023
[quote author=advanceDNA post=122288972]

If ur employer has confirmed he ticked yes to support ur wife and ur family for POF on ur COS.......that means u wont need POF again....

Please ....make sure u confirm correctly...we have seen where only the main application is coveted with POF....while some all the family did not need to submit pof...

[/quot

If maintenance is marked Y on COS it covers family nd applocant unless.its marked N

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ohhh ok
Thank you.

advanceDNA:

If it is written that way on ur employment contract....ukvi might deny you..but not before contacting the employer....
..usually because its a job and not a univeriaty course other's may have started.....an employer can easily adjust the period of your job if they really want you........what they do is contact the employer to respond if he wants to change the duration of ur engagement or the job is no longer available since the time of resuming has significantly passed....... basically ur employer will determine if u are still going to enter uk or not.....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by advanceDNA: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2023
[quote author=Osa4 post=122289891][/quote]

It depwnda on the employer....it coats money to sponaor..my brothers COS ddnt cover his wife and kid....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Eky29: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2023
Please sir, I sent you a mail, kindly respond.
Thank you.

quote author=advanceDNA post=122288534]

..usually because its a job and not a univeriaty course other's may have started.....an employer can easily adjust the period of your job if they really want you........what they do is contact the employer to respond if he wants to change the duration of ur engagement or the job is no longer available since the time of resuming has significantly passed....... basically ur employer will determine if u are still going to enter uk or not.....[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (608) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.