Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,017 members, 7,835,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? (14978 Views)

Olamide Ft Phyno – Somebody Free Mp3 Download / See Mum And Daughter Mistaken For Sisters Despite Their 21-year Age Gap. / Hunter Kills Colleague, Mistaken As Monkey In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by dex4sure: 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yea, several times
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by wumi2017(f): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yes o,, countless times grin grin
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by SmartyPants(m): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yes, mine is a little funny.

I once moved into this place where my next-door neighbour was a guy called Collins.

We never hung out much other than once playing football together.

But from that day on, I have had over 10 people in random places mistake me for Collins.

Note: these people have never seen us together nor were they even from the vicinity of the place we both lived.

I would be in a bank and someone would greet me excitedly, thinking I was him. Or walking down some street and someone starts asking me how is the family (his family).

This never happened before I met him, but after I did, it has happened too many times and by all sorts of random people.

Funny thing is i'm way more handsome than Collins! angry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Ceufinish: 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
God will make no mistakes in giving rewards and giving judgement. That is the reason you must make use of this crusade to have divine solution

7 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Imustreturn(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Severally oh. Make I no enter wahala biko
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Tallest45(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
I got mistaken for a guy in the same neighbourhood for taking someone's phone at night because of height and complexion.. Lol
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by chatinent: 11:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
donbachi:
Was walking on the road at agudama street d/line ph...all i heard was "athink i done catch u today". b4 i knew wat was happening,i done reach ground.i started shouting..." wetin i do u na".

After a close look at me.the guy began pleading with me.dat it was a mistaken identity issue.

Shebi I tell you make you dey wear eye glass...no bi everybody like Segun Arinze.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by iykejackchree: 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
hahn:

Too many to count but let me share the most memorable ones.

When I was much younger I went to drink beer with a friend at Mega Plaza and as we walked in I noticed one lady staring at me then she started shouting "John! John!" so I looked at her and asked, "do I look like someone whose name is John" and she goes, "oh sorry, you look like my son who is in boarding school".

Another time I and some friends went to drink jedi jedi and smoke cigarettes in Ketu. While we were drinking on dude was staring at me then he asked me, "are you so-and-so?" and I just said no. Then he whispers to my guy in Yoruba and asks him, "is that not so-so-so?" and the idiot said "yes but he doesn't want people to know". The guy was so happy! Turns out I'm the son to his oga and he sees me every day at the factory. Next thing he orders for a bottle of red wine for me. grin

Me and my wife went to charge my laptop at one bar close to our house then. As we got into the bar one guy calls out to me like, "hey bro" and even though I don't know him I greet him back and he noticing I don't know him says, "are you not the one that comes to wash his benz at so-so-so car wash?". Seeing things were getting awkward I was like "oh, how your side?". Then he says, "join us". Oya na!

Free beer everywhere grin We later became friends sha

The most annoying one is when one dude was calling me "master" thinking I'm an Indian. I had to warn the guy seriously not to do that shit angry
See lamba��

11 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
Fake stories everywhere...

10 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by uyams(m): 11:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mine was an elderly woman I used to attend to, she said I look exactly like her last son and the son is outside Nigeria studying, oboi just like that, mama developed love for me and kept on showering me with gifts, any time she is coming around, even if am not on sit,she would wait for me and hand me over something she brought for me.

She is already asking me when I will get married, hahaha.. What a lovely woman

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by CChine(m): 11:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
People mistake me for Kenny Blaq and lil Kesh. During my NYSC, Most Corp members do call me KennyBlaq

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
grin grin I’ve been mistaken for the person sleeping with my Neighbor's girlfriend before turns out it wasn’t me after all . It was like 6 different people

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Tundex911: 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
More than 3 times tho it's all said, meji meji na him God create the life...

Am glad I'm still on earth �

8 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nonexisting1: 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Someone told me about that but I waved it like it was nothing. After about three more people told me about it, I decided to go check it out in facebook. Lo and behold, this guy was more like another me. Saying that he looked exactly like me is an understatement. The weekend after that, I went to the village and asked my father if he ever dated an Anambra woman before and he swore that he never did. He and my mother were shocked to their bones when I opened my facebook app and showed them the boy's pictures. My mother has now started having this theory in her head that I might have had a twin brother and that nurses stole and sold him to someone in Anambra state. This is the weirdest thing to have happened to me this year.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Rhado: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
I’ve been mistaken severally but the embarrassing one was when I took someone for another person.
Back then in secondary school I had a friend called iwuchukwu (God’s commandment) so it happened that one day I was going for lectures (I was done with secondary school) on entering a bus to campus3, I saw someone who looked exactly like iwuchukwu, na so I playfully land am play play blow for chick come dey enta for back go sidon. Na so bros turn ask me “Guy na wetin dis early morning” na so I calm down look the guy well, e come be say no be iwuchukwu but his eldest bro and I no know him. I quickly apologized come tell am say he looked like my friend iwuchukwu back in secondary school, the guy now smiled and said iwuchukwu was there last born. He asked me my name so he will tell iwuchukwu he met me. Omo the shame nor be here because other passengers don dey look me like “who be dis troublemaker wey enta bus dis morning”

27 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by KNOWMORE56: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yes. One day I went to visit my friend and the sister told him that she over heard me and their neighbours discussing their family matters the previous night... o boy, I no go that area on the said night o

I denied tire she continued to say she knows wetin she dey talk...

The said neighbours said I no come their area yesterday, she no gree

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Enceladus(m): 11:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
I had this Igbo lookalike coursemate. People will always ask me that am I The Yoruba guy or the Igbo one? Mother nature has many tricks in her bag.

14 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
Many people always mistake me For Chris Tucker
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Arewalegend: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
hahn:

Too many to count but let me share the most memorable ones.

When I was much younger I went to drink beer with a friend at Mega Plaza and as we walked in I noticed one lady staring at me then she started shouting "John! John!" so I looked at her and asked, "do I look like someone whose name is John" and she goes, "oh sorry, you look like my son who is in boarding school".

Another time I and some friends went to drink jedi jedi and smoke cigarettes in Ketu. While we were drinking on dude was staring at me then he asked me, "are you so-and-so?" and I just said no. Then he whispers to my guy in Yoruba and asks him, "is that not so-so-so?" and the idiot said "yes but he doesn't want people to know". The guy was so happy! Turns out I'm the son to his oga and he sees me every day at the factory. Next thing he orders for a bottle of red wine for me. grin

Me and my wife went to charge my laptop at one bar close to our house then. As we got into the bar one guy calls out to me like, "hey bro" and even though I don't know him I greet him back and he noticing I don't know him says, "are you not the one that comes to wash his benz at so-so-so car wash?". Seeing things were getting awkward I was like "oh, how your side?". Then he says, "join us". Oya na!

Free beer everywhere grin We later became friends sha

The most annoying one is when one dude was calling me "master" thinking I'm an Indian. I had to warn the guy seriously not to do that shit angry
this bros can lie ..Lai Muhammad disciple

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Ibkay32(m): 11:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
iyimide:
Someone at the Airport Mistook me for Mike Bamiloyes first son.. it was in istanbul and i was wondering who knew me so well to decide to hug me so tightly and say "how is dad" and Mum.. me wey my papa na farmer for naija.. he even gave me money na him i come ask am, sir do you know me? And he answered.. " who doesn't" .. na so i off... later he come talk say am i not mike bamiloyes son.. laugh wan kill me...

Yimmu
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by KNOWMORE56: 11:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nonexisting1:
Someone told me about that but I waved it like it was nothing. After about three more people told me about it, I decided to go check it out in facebook. Lo and behold, this guy was more like another me. Saying that he looked exactly like me is an understatement. The weekend after that, I went to the village and asked my father if he ever dated an Anambra woman before and he swore that he never did. He and my mother were shocked to their bones when I opened my facebook app and showed them the boy's pictures. My mother has now started having this theory in her head that I might have had a twin brother and that nurses stole and sold him to someone in Anambra state. This is the weirdest thing to have happened to me this year.

This could also be the situation surrounding the story that people saw the guy who died in their village at market....

9 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Lamanii22(f): 11:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yes! My sister... Always.. I and my sis has got this striking resemblance.... A lil boy asked me one day if I was ini Edo... I was like no, he said I must be her sister then.... I was like we aren't related, he then said I'll be his own ini Edo.... Such a cute lil boyy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
I came to visit my friend in Oshogbo, Osun State.
He took to a popular Garden called Freedom Park, Na so one lady wey dem sell bags and Jersey point me to her mama sey I resemble the man wey dey collect daily contribution of money known as (Akawo/Ajo) wey carry their money run.

Naso dem dey shout for yoruba sey (o un ni, means Na him)

If no be my friend wey bail them out sey no be me unto sey he knows those women I for enter gbege dat day

16 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yes, several times. Funny thing is that I look like a lot of people. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by nagalee(m): 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
Never been mistaken for someone else before cha...But I don see who dem mistake for someone else...

That was back then in school,2015 precisely....There was this igbo guy in my hostel who just got admission into ND1(uche by name)....So one night,armed robbers came to rob us around 8p.m.....one of the armed robber pointed his gun at uche and was talking to his fellow armed robber like--"oboy,this guy resemble that guy wey dey fvck my sister,abi make I blow am shot?"

Na once my guy pee for body when he hear "shot" grin
lol. This is so funny. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by McStoic(m): 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
I don laugh tire grin
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Lamanii22(f): 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
Never been mistaken for someone else before cha...But I don see who dem mistake for someone else...

That was back then in school,2015 precisely....There was this igbo guy in my hostel who just got admission into ND1(uche by name)....So one night,armed robbers came to rob us around 8p.m.....one of the armed robber pointed his gun at uche and was talking to his fellow armed robber like--"oboy,this guy resemble that guy wey dey fvck my sister,abi make I blow am shot?"

grin grin grin grin... Shey he is still alive sha.... Oro buruku pelu Erin (scary situation with laughter)

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by bikefab(m): 11:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
I've never been mistaken for someone else but I've mistaken several people for others. In retrospect, I laugh about it all.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Homeboiy: 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Na so I de waka dey pass

One woman come stop me dey speak esan language

As I tell her say I no de hear esan. She say na lie

I say I be igbo man

She shout say I resemble one guy wey de work for them

My own na normal thing

I no de surprise again

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Ibkay32(m): 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ssoil:
People mistake me for genevive’s sister smiley

Your pic
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy

Please finish the gist. Wetin come happen?
So guys don't like the thought of their sisters being banged but dem fit bang other ladies, nawao.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Video of Rat showering like a human goes viral." [Copied] / Pastor Prince Winner Involved In Accident On Kaduna Road (Photos) / Describe Lagos In A Few Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.