Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? (14984 Views)

Olamide Ft Phyno – Somebody Free Mp3 Download / See Mum And Daughter Mistaken For Sisters Despite Their 21-year Age Gap. / Hunter Kills Colleague, Mistaken As Monkey In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Chochovini: 6:13am On Sep 13, 2021
Lamanii22:
Yes! My sister... Always.. I and my sis has got this striking resemblance.... A lil boy asked me one day if I was ini Edo... I was like no, he said I must be her sister then.... I was like we aren't related, he then said I'll be his own ini Edo.... Such a cute lil boyy
. From my findings, U don‘t look anything Ini here except the smoothness of face. Though, I come in peace!

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Chochovini: 6:29am On Sep 13, 2021
spirul77:
Can't forget, Oct 12 2014, I was passing through omoku in rivers state and two guys smoking cigarettes at the front of their house were astounded when they saw me because they thought I was buhari, they started praying for me, praising me, singing my name to high heavens, they said I'm the Messiah and was thanking me for contesting election so that I can rescue them from the street and likewise Nigeria, they caused a scene, called their parents and before I knew it, yams, groundnut, hollandaise wrappers, den Don gather everything for me thinking I was buhari, and as a sharp guy I just follow up and accepted I was buhari, o boy before my hand fall I just told them I have a meeting I needed to quickly attend and they allowed me to leave so I could meet up with the meeting, o boy na so I gather my yams, plantain, garri, fish, all the gift and they helped me call a cab and that was how I left that day feeling like a king and on top of the world, I still can't forget that experience. I just imagine if that incidence had taken place in this 2021 cry I for Don die from gather beating like dat cry cry cry
. Guy, no pix no point.
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by BigDawsNet: 6:29am On Sep 13, 2021
Many times

So lastly they ask are you related to the dude
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Oghetwe: 6:42am On Sep 13, 2021
So I went to a supermarket in Abakaliki (Roban stores), there I saw 3 guys looking at me, eye ball to eye ball. We could stare at each other and me self no gree comot eye.
After paying, was walking out, still saw this guys looking at me but instead of three, they were two.. Unknown to me, one of them was waiting for me outside.
He stopped me, called me one name, say "no be you be *****, me sensing trouble cos the other guys dn come out, (in my head, this ones na cult boys) naso I show them ID card oh.
Fast forward 2 years, my friend invited me to a bar, getting there, one guy just shook my hands, hugged me say "I no remember am" I said No, he said he was among those guys that stopped me at that supermarket, even showed me the guy's picture.. Omo this guy resemble me... Wetin the guy do? He said he was the class rep of his department, baba collect plenty sorting money come japa that he's waiting to see the guy one day to treat him F..... See as I for carry person wahala

9 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by johnpablo541(m): 6:53am On Sep 13, 2021
One babe accused me of getting married and still hiding it from her.

Boom, she sent me the wedding pics. The dude in the pic looks just like me. I didn't know where to start explaining from. I was confused my self. Till i saw other pics, and i began to see little differences.

I be dey think say, Abi i marry i no come remember

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by folake4u(f): 6:53am On Sep 13, 2021
Yes, a lot of times. cheesy

When I was in 100level, people mistook me for another girl in my class, we really resembled each other, and people were always mistaken her for me, and she likewise.
Lol we became friends through that experience, we even deliberately confused people more when we sewed the same outfit. It was so cool grin grin grin.
The day she followed me to market and my workplace, see chants of "I didn't know you were a twin oh" grin. And when we tell them we're just friends, they keep asking me, abi your papa play away match? Lol.

Another mistaken identity was a friend sending me a picture on WhatsApp and asking when did I come to Delta State, and how am I dating one of his male friends. Lol the girl in the picture resemble me dieeeeeeeeee (even finer sef). I saved that picture on my phone. I go find that lady one day.

One time, I was going home and this woman beckoned me that I really resembled her last child.

So many experiences abeg cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Whitecoal711: 7:01am On Sep 13, 2021
Abeg,una opportuned, make una dey meet them do dna
Might be hospital mistake or mistake from somewhere,never can tell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Goldbw122(m): 7:08am On Sep 13, 2021
It happens everyday, but happen One yesterday, He was like "are u in this area before" I said no, I asked " Do you know me with boldness he said No, but I know that he have saw my twin somewhere I don't have a twin but he have saw someone that resembles me. So we just discuss a little bit and I went off the car.
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 13, 2021
Abegi! My own don tire me sef. Virtually every city I went for an assignment, I must be accosted by someone. From North to West, South-South and East. My current location now sef eh...which day I went to market and these old men where gigling, I have to asked them what it is. It turns out I was mistaken as one of the sons of a prominent man in their village.

It is not funny for me because I do wonder if I finally got mistaken as a bad guy nko. Oh! I forgot, one day boys wanted to obtained my phone one night at a shop, the moment the saw my face dey took off saying "senior man sorry we know no say na you".

Some times I imagine if my face was mould many times by Oluwa. If I enter politics to find doppelganger won't be a herculean task.

Me wey one babe dey argue till tomorrow say I get twins..say my other twinne na dey one wey be military guy while me na.....worst sef na one of my guys babe o. The guy sef no try, he even told the girl say true true I be twin but I dey hide am.

My own is confusing shai, one is people insisting that I am a twin and others mistaking me for another person.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by poweredcom(m): 7:28am On Sep 13, 2021
Someone walked to me and asked me if I was lex Steele
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by engrfaruq(m): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2021
It happens to me frequently
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Realmi: 7:31am On Sep 13, 2021
Nicklaus619:
This one happened when I was 17
I was jogging with my big bro in the morning and one lady doubled crossed us with her SUV and she screamed and almost crying, Phil is there anything u asked I have not given you, why have u decided to ruin my life

It was later we got to know that I looked exactly like her son whom he had sent to Canada to continue his tertiary studies on the account that he was expelled from school here in Nigeria for burning down a filling station with his cult guys. grin
The woman later collected my number and we finally got to meet with his so called son after 2 years after, oboi it was like looking in the mirror when we finally met, we are still best of friends up til today, most times we do suspect we where twins separated at birth grin

Another one was just two weeks ago, I just dropped from an Uber with my babe at Jabi lake mall Abuja here to go see a movie.
This other babe was looking at me jaw dropped, the next thing she did amazed me, she just grabbed me from behind and shouted, micky, this is your business trip u said you were going abi? Who's this bitch with u anyway, she was referring to my girlfriend shocked. At the end of the day we cleared the air after like 10 minutes of showing prof that I ain't his boyfriend he thought I was, he called his boyfriend on video call and baba answered, the spoke and she later apologised, I was embarrassed though, because people where already taking pictures to post on the internet to paint there own false stories, thank God she later knelt down to apologized, my babe was finally smiling and happy at this point

We ended up taking pictures and exchanged contact, we already arranged a double date with them next weekend grin
u better no let his rival cult guys use u solve his matter thinking he is the one....
Watch your back bro

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Realmi: 7:34am On Sep 13, 2021
Nicklaus619:
This one happened when I was 17
I was jogging with my big bro in the morning and one lady doubled crossed us with her SUV and she screamed and almost crying, Phil is there anything u asked I have not given you, why have u decided to ruin my life

It was later we got to know that I looked exactly like her son whom he had sent to Canada to continue his tertiary studies on the account that he was expelled from school here in Nigeria for burning down a filling station with his cult guys. grin
The woman later collected my number and we finally got to meet with his so called son after 2 years after, oboi it was like looking in the mirror when we finally met, we are still best of friends up til today, most times we do suspect we where twins separated at birth grin

Another one was just two weeks ago, I just dropped from an Uber with my babe at Jabi lake mall Abuja here to go see a movie.
This other babe was looking at me jaw dropped, the next thing she did amazed me, she just grabbed me from behind and shouted, micky, this is your business trip u said you were going abi? Who's this bitch with u anyway, she was referring to my girlfriend shocked. At the end of the day we cleared the air after like 10 minutes of showing prof that I ain't his boyfriend he thought I was, he called his boyfriend on video call and baba answered, the spoke and she later apologised, I was embarrassed though, because people where already taking pictures to post on the internet to paint there own false stories, thank God she later knelt down to apologized, my babe was finally smiling and happy at this point

We ended up taking pictures and exchanged contact, we already arranged a double date with them next weekend grin
this ur his/her thing undecided

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Realmi: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2021
Oyerinde16:
Once, I entered a bank, and the teller guy was smiling and looking at me...

when I maintain straight face...

He called one name "can't remember" then said, can't you greet, why am I doing as if I don't know him...

I was like baba I sabi you before...

The guy stood up from counter tapped my head and was like when did that kind of play start...

Ahh oga which play I don't know you...

He called the name again and was like are you mad, how will you say you don't know me...

Haa see me see trouble, sir I don't know you...

Omo, that day was not funny o, he said I'm his friends younger brother and we all grew up in Kaduna, we started introduction, where we grew bla bla bla, we later took pixs together, he said he was going to show the person...
a bank teller had time for all this dramas during working hours....make una de calm down oo

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Lordbinsmar: 7:59am On Sep 13, 2021
spirul77:
Can't forget, Oct 12 2014, I was passing through omoku in rivers state and two guys smoking cigarettes at the front of their house were astounded when they saw me because they thought I was buhari, they started praying for me, praising me, singing my name to high heavens, they said I'm the Messiah and was thanking me for contesting election so that I can rescue them from the street and likewise Nigeria, they caused a scene, called their parents and before I knew it, yams, groundnut, hollandaise wrappers, den Don gather everything for me thinking I was buhari, and as a sharp guy I just follow up and accepted I was buhari, o boy before my hand fall I just told them I have a meeting I needed to quickly attend and they allowed me to leave so I could meet up with the meeting, o boy na so I gather my yams, plantain, garri, fish, all the gift and they helped me call a cab and that was how I left that day feeling like a king and on top of the world, I still can't forget that experience. I just imagine if that incidence had taken place in this 2021 cry I for Don die from gather beating like dat cry cry cry

Naa this one funny pass oo grin grin grin

Why you self go resemble buhari dullardiiinho.

Go wash your head for river ooo grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Georgejeez: 8:03am On Sep 13, 2021
post=105758651:
Cc:

AND,

Cc:
Yes, almost all of us @[/b] have been mistaken for [b]Our Darling Mommy and Our Darling Daddy Numerous times.

It's good to look like good and honest people in life sha.

God bless our Beautiful Darling Mommy and our Darling Darling Handsome Daddy.

If u no like ya mama and papa, na ya wahala for life be dat oooo tongue tongue tongue

MORE.......
Cc:
Na God save you say no be Naija , Police for first light your leg with bullet like the way dem do Anini before the realisation go set in .
God saved you indeed

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by MichaelDares(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2021
Mine
a guy was watching q comedy skit and in the church one day he approach me was like.....Mr ..... I like that comedy you guys did on utube....it was great
me........I played along so that the guy moral and happy gesture no go drop.......I just told him ....yea that's how we do it....then when I was hustling really bad

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by hahn(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2021
iykejackchree:

See lamba��

Arewalegend:
this bros can lie ..Lai Muhammad disciple

Two of una no wise cheesy grin
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Shattuck(m): 8:22am On Sep 13, 2021
I entered bus one day a passenger was about to come down saw me in the vehicle and just kept smiling at me and saying " pastor" he came down and paid my 2,500 transport fare, up till this moment I don't know why he mistook me for a pastor.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by seunny4lif(m): 8:36am On Sep 13, 2021
grin
You don fall mugu grin
Udodiri01:
This happend to me in in Port Harcourt..... I went to buy few things in one supermarket. As I was picking what I need, one elderly woman called me Henry and hugged me. I was perplexed... Yet I told her I wasn't Henry and she said she already knew.. She told me I was the carbon copy of his late son Henry who died in Ghana. I felt pity and emotional for her.. She said that I should do her a little favor, she said if she calls me Henry, I should please answer yes mom... Me being emotional and trying to alleviate her grief, I agreed. There and then, she called me Henry and I answered.... When she was going again she called me Henry! And I answered yes mom.... And she said she was going and I told her... TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF MOM... when I wanted to pay for the few things I bought, I just brought out 1k expecting my change from the cashier... The cashier told me my bill was 11k+..I was like for these few things and she told me including my mom's bill..... After a lot of shouting and I created a scene, I still ended up paying the money.... Ever since then, I no ever won hear say you resem... I no dey allow people finish that sentence
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nicklaus619(m): 8:45am On Sep 13, 2021
Realmi:
u better no let his rival cult guys use u solve his matter thinking he is the one....
Watch your back bro

Aswear bro, no kidding but we both in different state now, he only visits during his leave from the office, he base in Lagos, while i base in Abuja
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Missionaire: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2021
FahBuLous:
Na so ijeoma de shout "Paschal, Paschal, where have you been, I have been looking for you to apologise for how I treated you the other day in my house, please I am sorry"
I told her I don't know her o, I didn't know I made a mistake by telling her I don't know her..
She begin knee down for road de beg me o, I de tell am say na wrong identity, she say na lie, say If I no forgive am she no go leave me...
This girls was begging me like her life depended on it and people started passing, some were like "guy forgive am na, see as woman de beg u" ..
I told her to stand up that I have forgiven her but I wasn't who she thought I was...
Omo, this girl open her phone and showed me pictures of the guy, mehn, That guy na my twin...
We became good friends from that day and I now have a twin brother from another mother...

Lol.... My name is Pascal. I remember how a woman told me in P.H 2011, that I looked like the guy that impregnated her teenage daughter and abandoned her.
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by neighbourhud: 8:50am On Sep 13, 2021
donbachi:
Was walking on the road at agudama street d/line ph...all i heard was "athink i done catch u today". b4 i knew wat was happening,i done reach ground.i started shouting..." wetin i do u na".

After a close look at me.the guy began pleading with me.dat it was a mistaken identity issue.

I fainted cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by neighbourhud: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2021
Udodiri01:
This happend to me in in Port Harcourt..... I went to buy few things in one supermarket. As I was picking what I need, one elderly woman called me Henry and hugged me. I was perplexed... Yet I told her I wasn't Henry and she said she already knew.. She told me I was the carbon copy of his late son Henry who died in Ghana. I felt pity and emotional for her.. She said that I should do her a little favor, she said if she calls me Henry, I should please answer yes mom... Me being emotional and trying to alleviate her grief, I agreed. There and then, she called me Henry and I answered.... When she was going again she called me Henry! And I answered yes mom.... And she said she was going and I told her... TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF MOM... when I wanted to pay for the few things I bought, I just brought out 1k expecting my change from the cashier... The cashier told me my bill was 11k+..I was like for these few things and she told me including my mom's bill..... After a lot of shouting and I created a scene, I still ended up paying the money.... Ever since then, I no ever won hear say you resem... I no dey allow people finish that sentence

Eiyah...sorry Henry cheesy cheesy
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by clarkmos15(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2021
Sure, I've been mistaken as Christopher
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Hullabaloon: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2021
Nonexisting1:
Someone told me about that but I waved it like it was nothing. After about three more people told me about it, I decided to go check it out in facebook. Lo and behold, this guy was more like another me. Saying that he looked exactly like me is an understatement. The weekend after that, I went to the village and asked my father if he ever dated an Anambra woman before and he swore that he never did. He and my mother were shocked to their bones when I opened my facebook app and showed them the boy's pictures. My mother has now started having this theory in her head that I might have had a twin brother and that nurses stole and sold him to someone in Anambra state. This is the weirdest thing to have happened to me this year.

Show us pictures let's see na
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Thazard(m): 9:07am On Sep 13, 2021
Offpoint1:
Yeah,

It was one faithful afternoon when I walked by 4 madmen, immediately they saw me they all turned around and shout in one accord "DADDYYY!!!"

I picked race, thinking I was fast not knowing mad people have super human strength. I was running as fast I can, but these guys were "bolting" on me... That was how I literally became father of madness. I pull off my shoes, my cap and clothes just to lighting up my weight to increased my speed.

My brethren, that was how we all ran from Ojota to Ibadan o.

God punish crazy jeans makersgrin
werey grin
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Hullabaloon: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2021
tempest01:
In the days of BBM my lady friend messaged me and asked me what are you doing in Abuja? I asked how? You see me?

She then sent me a picture. The guy in the picture looked exactly like me but with different clothes. I started asking who that was and if she could link me up with the person. It was as if I met my double ganger. Though we didn't actually hook up.

Doppelganger wink

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by HabaHaba: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2021
madukaanaya:
people always mistake for a particular doctor that resemble me.many even respect me and atimes i play along.one wanted to show me his penis once grin

Bro, i don laff taya! Maddoo
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by tempest01(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2021
Hullabaloon:

Doppelganger wink
thanks
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Vulcanheph(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2021
It has happened to me so many times....

On so many occasions, a strange person would just stop me on the road and start speaking a strange language.... I would have to tell the person that I don't understand that language, on nairaland ne occasion the woman was looking at me suspiciously after I had explained that I wasn't the one ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Prince Winner Involved In Accident On Kaduna Road (Photos) / Describe Lagos In A Few Words / Foods I Should Give My Small Tortoise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.