Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,298 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? (14989 Views)

Olamide Ft Phyno – Somebody Free Mp3 Download / See Mum And Daughter Mistaken For Sisters Despite Their 21-year Age Gap. / Hunter Kills Colleague, Mistaken As Monkey In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by FahBuLous: 11:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
Na so ijeoma de shout "Paschal, Paschal, where have you been, I have been looking for you to apologise for how I treated you the other day in my house, please I am sorry"
I told her I don't know her o, I didn't know I made a mistake by telling her I don't know her..
She begin knee down for road de beg me o, I de tell am say na wrong identity, she say na lie, say If I no forgive am she no go leave me...
This girls was begging me like her life depended on it and people started passing, some were like "guy forgive am na, see as woman de beg u" ..
I told her to stand up that I have forgiven her but I wasn't who she thought I was...
Omo, this girl open her phone and showed me pictures of the guy, mehn, That guy na my twin...
We became good friends from that day and I now have a twin brother from another mother...

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by spirul77: 11:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
Can't forget, Oct 12 2014, I was passing through omoku in rivers state and two guys smoking cigarettes at the front of their house were astounded when they saw me because they thought I was buhari, they started praying for me, praising me, singing my name to high heavens, they said I'm the Messiah and was thanking me for contesting election so that I can rescue them from the street and likewise Nigeria, they caused a scene, called their parents and before I knew it, yams, groundnut, hollandaise wrappers, den Don gather everything for me thinking I was buhari, and as a sharp guy I just follow up and accepted I was buhari, o boy before my hand fall I just told them I have a meeting I needed to quickly attend and they allowed me to leave so I could meet up with the meeting, o boy na so I gather my yams, plantain, garri, fish, all the gift and they helped me call a cab and that was how I left that day feeling like a king and on top of the world, I still can't forget that experience. I just imagine if that incidence had taken place in this 2021 cry I for Don die from gather beating like dat cry cry cry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nonexisting1: 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

This could also be the situation surrounding the story that people saw the guy who died in their village at market....
So what are you insinuating?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Drone95(m): 11:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
I'm here to grin grin
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
I've been told severally by different people that I look exactly like someone they know, they sometimes even call me by the names of those people but I'm like 'no', no be me be that. I've been yearning to just meet my doppelganger for long since everywhere I go I'm mistaken for someone people know but I'm yet to even come across one.
Make dem no sha go mistake me for person wey don find trouble abi dem wan nab.
Kamarogun akoba o. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by tempest01(m): 11:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
In the days of BBM my lady friend messaged me and asked me "what are you doing in Abuja? " I asked how? You see me?

She then sent me a picture. The guy in the picture looked exactly like me but with different clothes. I started asking who that was and if she could link me up with the person. It was as if I met my double ganger. Though we didn't actually hook up.
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by bigpicture001: 11:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
An elderly woman has onced stopped me ND started beating me that what I did to chioma chukwuma is too bad... Alas! She taught I was van bicker!

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by madukaanaya(m): 12:01am On Sep 13, 2021
people always mistake for a particular doctor that resemble me.many even respect me and atimes i play along.one wanted to show me his penis once grin

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by justy15: 12:10am On Sep 13, 2021
Several times people have mistaken me for Tuface idibia. Sometimes when I visit offices and hear people argue about my being 2baba brother, I laugh. But the most terrible experience was during 2015 election when political thugs sent after my elder brother mistakenly attacked me; cut me with axe and left me in my pool of blood thinking am dead. Thank God I made it miraculously.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by 00FFT00(m): 12:35am On Sep 13, 2021
I was once mistaken for Mike Tyson by a bunch of star struck Turkish guys. I had a hard time convincing them I'm not Iron Mike. I happily ate lunch on their bill thereafter though.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Edoziesmart(m): 12:37am On Sep 13, 2021
bigpicture001:
An elderly woman has onced stopped me ND started beating me that what I did to chioma chukwuma is too bad... Alas! She taught I was van bicker!
Who is this kid again that don't know how to lie undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Fidelismaria: 12:46am On Sep 13, 2021
angry
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Yaks02(m): 12:50am On Sep 13, 2021
what's yours?[/quote]

Till today this sh*t de happen to me, I have plenty Sha but here are d few.

1. I was born and brought up in Jos and I started venturing into entertainment business since when I was 18, I frequently go for shows and through that I became friends with a lot of popular faces and my OAP friends do give me hype on radio from Time to time. A lot of people do tell me I resemble Ice Prince and would want to know if I'm his brother and I'll always say no and that's the truth (I have never met him in person) so one girl met me and was telling how long it took her to finally meet me cos I'm Ice Prince brother, I told her several times I'm not but she said I'm just lying cos I don't want people to know my identity. I later said she was right and we f*cked

2. Recently, I went to church (Province 20) in Lekki and as I walk in one security guy just shouted Ice Prince. People were just amazingly looking at me. In fact I left the church before the closing time oh because the way some girls were starring at me I just know they will later come for selfies

3. I was in ss3 nd I sneak out of the hostelv and on way way to the market, I was surrounded by touts who claimed I fought their superior in the jungle and ran away, their superior was giving them order to deal with me but I kept on saying I wasn't the one and one of them just asked them to go. I was wondering how I can beat up such a hefty man and I was just 17 then.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by macrodata(m): 1:12am On Sep 13, 2021
Lamanii22:
Yes! My sister... Always.. I and my sis has got this striking resemblance.... A lil boy asked me one day if I was ini Edo... I was like no, he said I must be her sister then.... I was like we aren't related, he then said I'll be his own ini Edo.... Such a cute lil boyy
I once knew girl in Karu, Abuja who looked like Ini Edo. Her name is Courage.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by gulfer: 1:14am On Sep 13, 2021
People thought I was Buhari and almost lynched me sad angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by macrodata(m): 1:25am On Sep 13, 2021
I look exactly like Herbert Macaulay without the funny mustache. Eyes, nose, mouth even shape of head & body stature. I sometimes feel like I'm his reincarnation.

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Perfectbeing(m): 2:16am On Sep 13, 2021
Well I remember back in 2016, I gave my elder brother my ATM card to withdraw from me using GT Bank fast track. They couldn't tell the difference. We're not twins.
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Udodiri01: 2:25am On Sep 13, 2021
This happend to me in in Port Harcourt..... I went to buy few things in one supermarket. As I was picking what I need, one elderly woman called me Henry and hugged me. I was perplexed... Yet I told her I wasn't Henry and she said she already knew.. She told me I was the carbon copy of his late son Henry who died in Ghana. I felt pity and emotional for her.. She said that I should do her a little favor, she said if she calls me Henry, I should please answer yes mom... Me being emotional and trying to alleviate her grief, I agreed. There and then, she called me Henry and I answered.... When she was going again she called me Henry! And I answered yes mom.... And she said she was going and I told her... TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF MOM... when I wanted to pay for the few things I bought, I just brought out 1k expecting my change from the cashier... The cashier told me my bill was 11k+..I was like for these few things and she told me including my mom's bill..... After a lot of shouting and I created a scene, I still ended up paying the money.... Ever since then, I no ever won hear say you resem... I no dey allow people finish that sentence

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Perfectbeing(m): 2:26am On Sep 13, 2021
justy15:
Several times people have mistaken me for Tuface idibia. Sometimes when I visit offices and hear people argue about my being 2baba brother, I laugh. But the most terrible experience was during 2015 election when political thugs sent after my elder brother mistakenly attacked me; cut me with axe and left me in my pool of blood thinking am dead. Thank God I made it miraculously.
When I was in secondary school, a new girl in a junior class walked up to me and asked if I was Tuface brother.
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by kenn4rill(m): 2:35am On Sep 13, 2021
Me I done too resemble people and na God just dey save me.

The first I encountered was some years back when where I registered for my SSCE and I was an external candidate, I come see these two beautiful girls always looking at me until one day after exams them come myme say I dey see them dey form abi, I come ask them say if them know me before but they became more angry, I had to really explain to them that I'm not the person they think I am, I even showed them my ID card for them to believe me. I later chaw them Sha, before the exams finish.

Another one was in Port Harcourt we're I went to play ball with some of my friends for one field for inside UST, na so some cult boys almost kill me say them dey look for my brother so as them done catch me Dem go go me back watin my brother do their guy. Come see cry, me way no get brother sef, all my friends leave me japa. Na God safe me that day when one of them come manage identify say no be me.

Another one was my current girl friend. She use to tell me that I look like her elder sisters daughter , and this her sister is married with 3 kids.The first time I came to her house, her mom was just looking at me like she has seen a ghost. She ask me if I've met her elder daughter before, I told her I've not even seen her before, she had to call the daughter to come with the child and the kid was about 3 years then. Omoh when I saw this child it was like a carbon copy of me. I even took the child home one day and my mom was shouting that I have finally impregnanted a girl and have been keeping it from her. Till date I still dey carry that pikin go out they form say na my own.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Ibrahim3307(m): 2:35am On Sep 13, 2021
Mine happens almost everytime

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by okomile(f): 2:55am On Sep 13, 2021
That I look like Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
At parties
At shopping malls etc

I always laugh it off and tell them that I am not her.

I remembered an incident years ago. I went to Otto market, From the women selling palm oil to even maggi, they kept speaking IBO to me. I said I am Yoruba. Okada man also did same and said I am ashamed of my tribe. I had to show him my Identity card to verify that I am yoruba grin

Life goes on grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by chocboi78(m): 3:47am On Sep 13, 2021
I have and have also mistaken others..
In secondary school (boarding) I had a class mate, we were both left handed and looked much like , was even part of the same choir buh he is Idoma and I’m Igbo . He was very intelligent and also the choir master of YCS. Every Monday during prep,junior student will rush to me thanking me for the assignment I helped them with and how they scored high..
Also wen ever I was passing beside the female hostel, his choir and/or church members would be greeting me “choir master good afternoon .

I always smiled and responded coz I was tired of explaining to different people

6 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by jy2kbeyond(m): 5:09am On Sep 13, 2021
Nobody fit look like me even if I had a twin.

Man is unique.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Chochovini: 5:13am On Sep 13, 2021
hahn:

Did you give him the money back?
. Hahahahah see nigerians, is that the only part you remembered to ask?
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Chochovini: 5:35am On Sep 13, 2021
Offpoint1:
Yeah,

It was one faithful afternoon when I walked by 4 madmen, immediately they saw me they all turned around and shout in one accord "DADDYYY!!!"

I picked race, thinking I was fast not knowing mad people have super human strength. I was running as fast I can, but these guys were "bolting" on me... That was how I literally became father of madness. I pull off my shoes, my cap and clothes just to lighting up my weight to increased my speed.

My brethren, that was how we all ran from Ojota to Ibadan o.

God punish crazy jeans makersgrin
. Hahahahahahaha guy, thanks for making me really LMAO this early. Meanwhile, God won‘t punish anybody. They are just doing their business and never forced you or anyone to come patronize them. Lols.
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Judolisco(m): 5:35am On Sep 13, 2021
Nicklaus619:
This one happened when I was 17
I was jogging with my big bro in the morning and one lady doubled crossed us with her SUV and she screamed and almost crying, Phil is there anything u asked I have not given you, why have u decided to ruin my life

It was later we got to know that I looked exactly like her son whom he had sent to Canada to continue his tertiary studies on the account that he was expelled from school here in Nigeria for burning down a filling station with his cult guys. grin
The woman later collected my number and we finally got to meet with his so called son after 2 years after, oboi it was like looking in the mirror when we finally met, we are still best of friends up til today, most times we do suspect we where twins separated at birth grin

Another one was just two weeks ago, I just dropped from an Uber with my babe at Jabi lake mall Abuja here to go see a movie.
This other babe was looking at me jaw dropped, the next thing she did amazed me, she just grabbed me from behind and shouted, micky, this is your business trip u said you were going abi? Who's this bitch with u anyway, she was referring to my girlfriend shocked. At the end of the day we cleared the air after like 10 minutes of showing prof that I ain't his boyfriend he thought I was, he called his boyfriend on video call and baba answered, the spoke and she later apologised, I was embarrassed though, because people where already taking pictures to post on the internet to paint there own false stories, thank God she later knelt down to apologized, my babe was finally smiling and happy at this point

We ended up taking pictures and exchanged contact, we already arranged a double date with them next weekend grin
ah ah make una dey chill now omo plenty people go drink sobo today for nairaland
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Chochovini: 5:45am On Sep 13, 2021
Ssoil:
People mistake me for genevive’s sister smiley
. So let‘s see your real pix not that female statue raising both hands looking up to Heaven. I want to check something....
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Konection(m): 5:57am On Sep 13, 2021
Omo no be small thing ooo

My experience is much but let me talk about this

I came home only to meet key on the lock, called my neighbor, she said she's at the market.

Went there with my friend (at one popular market in Ibadan) immediately one woman (selling fish) saw me get down from bike, she called out to her fellow market women saying ' look at the guy we attended his birthday celebration yesterday' ( in Yoruba). Believe me I tried to talk myself out from this no way, my friend tried no way. They all came to me dancing. Omo, I was shocked shocked

It was the woman I went to meet there that finally helped me out and then I couldn't speak Yoruba fluently.
Last last, they were paid for dancing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Prince Winner Involved In Accident On Kaduna Road (Photos) / Describe Lagos In A Few Words / Foods I Should Give My Small Tortoise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.