Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,071 members, 7,835,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? (14981 Views)

Olamide Ft Phyno – Somebody Free Mp3 Download / See Mum And Daughter Mistaken For Sisters Despite Their 21-year Age Gap. / Hunter Kills Colleague, Mistaken As Monkey In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Hemanwel(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2021
[b]OP, thanks for this thread!

I have had a lot of experiences as regards this topic; so much that I can't even remember them all.

My first off-campus hostel in Uniben, I just noticed one guy was calling me from afar, asking me to come. Because the guy was a known "men", I obliged him and went to him. On seeing me at close range, he was like, "oh sorry, I think say na...(he called one name which I can't remember).
In fact, I had similar experiences with that kind of people.

When I moved to another hostel, a girl saw me and was like, she had been noticing me and that I had a striking resemblance with her former boyfriend. I was like "shuo". This was no joke oh!

The first time I stepped my feet in Warri, someone saw me and mistook me for another person.

One young man and I alighted from the BRT bus at Ojota a certain afternoon, and it turned out we were heading in the same direction. After few seconds, he looked back and saw me and was like, "guy, how far nah? Na you be this?". On sighting me clearly, he now said, "oh sorry! You resemble person wey I know for Aba". I said, 'obviously not me, cos I have never been to Aba'.

...and many more like that which I can't even remember. People will meet me for the first time and the next thing they will say is that they know my face somewhere which they can't remember. In fact, at a time, it became an issue of concern for me. [/b]
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by FahBuLous: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2021
Missionaire:

Lol.... My name is Pascal. I remember how a woman told me in P.H 2011, that I looked like the guy that impregnated her teenage daughter and abandoned her.
Wahala ooo, how u take defend urself ??
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by sorepco(m): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2021
Men it is crazy at times.
Mine was when i moved into the neighborhood where my junior bro use to stay. While walking on the street people will be hailing me. I will be wondering where i sabi such young individuals....(mind you we are both about 6 foot 5 though i senior di guy with 10 years).

Since i was not really hailing back dem de vex say dis one travel come de form local champ. Na when dome started calling me with his name that i realised wetin de happen!

Na when my bro come visit me we de waka for for road dem come di meet us vome de tell me sorry oh! That they taught my bro was now just arrogant. It was funny those few months though.
LagBlogger:

Cool stories
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Mcdreamy15: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2021
Udodiri01:
This happend to me in in Port Harcourt..... I went to buy few things in one supermarket. As I was picking what I need, one elderly woman called me Henry and hugged me. I was perplexed... Yet I told her I wasn't Henry and she said she already knew.. She told me I was the carbon copy of his late son Henry who died in Ghana. I felt pity and emotional for her.. She said that I should do her a little favor, she said if she calls me Henry, I should please answer yes mom... Me being emotional and trying to alleviate her grief, I agreed. There and then, she called me Henry and I answered.... When she was going again she called me Henry! And I answered yes mom.... And she said she was going and I told her... TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF MOM... when I wanted to pay for the few things I bought, I just brought out 1k expecting my change from the cashier... The cashier told me my bill was 11k+..I was like for these few things and she told me including my mom's bill..... After a lot of shouting and I created a scene, I still ended up paying the money.... Ever since then, I no ever won hear say you resem... I no dey allow people finish that sentence
cheesy WTF! This one mad ooo

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Realmi: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2021
Nicklaus619:

Aswear bro, no kidding but we both in different state now, he only visits during his leave from the office, he base in Lagos, while i base in Abuja
just be careful.. cult guys gat no chills
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by sorepco(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2021
That woman played u oh! Wayo wayo elder...
Udodiri01:
This happend to me in in Port Harcourt..... I went to buy few things in one supermarket. As I was picking what I need, one elderly woman called me Henry and hugged me. I was perplexed... Yet I told her I wasn't Henry and she said she already knew.. She told me I was the carbon copy of his late son Henry who died in Ghana. I felt pity and emotional for her.. She said that I should do her a little favor, she said if she calls me Henry, I should please answer yes mom... Me being emotional and trying to alleviate her grief, I agreed. There and then, she called me Henry and I answered.... When she was going again she called me Henry! And I answered yes mom.... And she said she was going and I told her... TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF MOM... when I wanted to pay for the few things I bought, I just brought out 1k expecting my change from the cashier... The cashier told me my bill was 11k+..I was like for these few things and she told me including my mom's bill..... After a lot of shouting and I created a scene, I still ended up paying the money.... Ever since then, I no ever won hear say you resem... I no dey allow people finish that sentence
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Georgejeez: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2021
Just the way the Aso rock cabals used Jubril el sudani ,Buhari's lookalike to scam Nigerians .

As for me , I'm still praying that one day I will not resemble someone who escaped from prison because anywhere I go , someone somehow must take a second look and say something like " I have seen this face before ,when did you return from Kogi? " Me when never enter south west before .
Nowadays if someone accost me and give me that look ,I immediately tell the person " Oga I know wetin you de think ,forget am ,no be me be the person when you think say I be,I de resemble many people ,no vex".
To avoid stories that touch the placenta
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nicklaus619(m): 10:33am On Sep 13, 2021
Realmi:
just be careful.. cult guys gat no chills

Sure thing bro
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Missionaire: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2021
FahBuLous:
Wahala ooo, how u take defend urself ??
Na with abeg ooo... I even dey swear say I never see woman pant before and I just enter PH that year for the first time.
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Afokesco(m): 10:50am On Sep 13, 2021
It was Xmas day..me and my guy went for swimming....so some gals started screaming Victor ad..they came close to me calling me Victor ad..I told them that I'm his relative..I Sabi lie Sha... So they told me that we should take pic together in the pool..So i refused.. telling them that you all would show your friends that your took pictures with victor ad bro...
So many people have mistaken me for victor ad
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Misternas89(m): 11:15am On Sep 13, 2021
johnpablo541:
One babe accused me of getting married and still hiding it from her.

Boom, she sent me the wedding pics. The dude in the pic looks just like me. I didn't know where to start explaining from. I was confused my self. Till i saw other pics names where different, and i began to see little differences.

I be dey think say, Abi i marry i no come remember
Guy abeg no kill me with laugh this morning at the bolded �

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Pootle: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2021
donbachi:
Was walking on the road at agudama street d/line ph...all i heard was "athink i done catch u today". b4 i knew wat was happening,i done reach ground.i started shouting..." wetin i do u na".

After a close look at me.the guy began pleading with me.dat it was a mistaken identity issue.

grin i melt bro
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by FashionCookie(f): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Udodiri01:

Hahahahaha...wait. The woman play you local abi wetin? I don laugh tire 4 here. Hahahahahahahahaha...

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by ifeanyi10059(m): 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
It didn't happen to me per se, happened to a friend of mine, His is his car was mistaken for someone else's, At Ebonyi , he drives Toyota Corolla 2005 model Ash color, theres one bad boy in the hood, political thug, a cultist that drives exactly the same car, and almost the same plate number just the figure in the plate number that differs ,
Most times when he parks at any popular bar to chill, friends of the thug do mistake his car to be that of their thug friend

My friend had to repaint that car ASAP when he almost got lynched by angry mob due to crime committed by that thug,

The mistaken identity shit has sent so many innocent people to early prison and early grave
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Peniz4u: 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
I remember in my 200l when one of our lecturers came into the class ,upon sighting me said that I look like one of the cult boys that attacked him during the weekend.it took the intervention of our course rep and other class members to make him believe that I'm not from the state and I was with them on the particular weekend he was talking about ���
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by cupidhero(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Lamanii22(f): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Chochovini:
. From my findings, U don‘t look anything Ini here except the smoothness of face. Though, I come in peace!

He was lil, don't forget that... And then I had not given birth.... I was still a teenager too... I must have had some changes now...
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by FahBuLous: 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
grin
Missionaire:

Na with abeg ooo... I even dey swear say I never see woman pant before and I just enter PH that year for the first time.
Make them no mistake us to be thief o..
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Missionaire: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
FahBuLous:
grin Make them no mistake us to be thief o..

Amen bro, Amen.
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by dsocioemmy(m): 11:07am On Sep 14, 2021
Wahala cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Prince Winner Involved In Accident On Kaduna Road (Photos) / Describe Lagos In A Few Words / Foods I Should Give My Small Tortoise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.