Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? (22157 Views)

Dealing With Death The Right Way / I Just Witnessed Someone Have A Close Shave With Death / Leke Adeboye Gets A Clean Shave In Honor Of His Brother, Dare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2021
Offpoint1:

It's not able to take you because it isn't your time, when your death time isn't astronomically align NOTHING on earth can kill you, not even a bullet through your brain.

But nature has away of giving us snippet into the future.
Okay.

I can see you don't believe it was God who saved my life right? You don't believe in God?
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Eriokanmi: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2021
Yes, on a couple of occasions. The bible says, many are the afflictions of the righteous, but God saves him from them all. My weirdest experience was in an aircraft. Prior to that time, God had revealed to me a desolate area inside bush. There I saw sticks placed by each burial ground which usually identify those buried, name by name. The sticks were many inside that desolate bush...white in colour. It was a place where mass burial took place. I said please God,.let this not be my portion. I prayed ceaselessly to God until I was satisfied.

Barely a week after, I was on the plane from Abuja to Lagos. I won't mention the airline so I don't stigmatise against it. Suddenly, the plane was going down as if it was going to crash, people shouted...an imam was shouting allahuakbar while we started shouting Jesus and some screamed God! There was a senior military officer right behind me panicking with his face down...probably he was praying. I said God,.let this not be my portion. You had revealed this and I had sought your face. I've been flying around the globe since 2004 and had never encountered such a scary moment in my life. All of a sudden, the plane maintained balance and ascended again. People shouted for praise. Until we landed in Lagos, one passenger was holding his fellow passenger in his shirt due to shock. I can't forget that in my life. God truly loves me

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Papadoh(m): 9:48am On Oct 03, 2021
Many times, nigga. Many times.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by tete7000(m): 9:48am On Oct 03, 2021
Yes, when an hilux driver driving one way on the expressway caught me on my lane with trucks on the outer lane, leaving me nowhere to escape to. I miraculously found a small space to manoeuvre and escaped death by whisker. A day I can never forget.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by FuckHomophobes: 9:49am On Oct 03, 2021
Yes

My first ever accident. In a micro second , our vehicle had a head on collision with another oncoming vehicle. I had no seat belt on and next was me flying across board and hit my face on the windscreen. All the airbag was bursted and likewise my forehead.

I came down and accessed the damaged. Mehn the car was wrecked

4 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by sonofElElyon: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2021
Have to share this. Just thinking about it brings to my eyes, tears of gratitude to God..

Was about to cross a BRT lane and was totally lost in thought.. didn't look to see if a bus was coming. I had decided to cross and was about to step into the BRT lane when for some inexplicable (then) reason I hesitated. Immediately a BRT on full speed zoomed past me! I'm talking split second. I would certainly have been killed if I had crossed. With the benefit of hindsight I can now say that it was most definitely God.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Greenback: 9:53am On Oct 03, 2021
God is good
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Starz825(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2021
13th September 2021...I had an accident!!
I was soaked with my own blood..
Infact my T-shirt, hood and trouser...was taken off my body via scissors.
I almost lost my life..
Thank God for cover

8 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Greenback: 9:55am On Oct 03, 2021
Starz825:
13th September 2021...
I almost lost my life..
Thank God for cover
Please share.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Starz825(m): 9:57am On Oct 03, 2021
Greenback:

Please share.
Na accident oo guy....
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Herbephe1(m): 9:57am On Oct 03, 2021
Hmm God's merciful!! ln Kaduna the thugs came to our hostel and came straight to my room, they're trying to force their way through the door...God showed His power through my door. it's around 7:55 pm so I didn't lock my door but just closed it.They were pushing the door which was in pair,the door would have opened if they'd pushed one and pulled the other.They left when they realized the security had been alarted..

Alhamdallah for keeping me alive...

12 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Offpoint1: 10:01am On Oct 03, 2021
chatinent:

Taking about time, where did they write that everyone has a time to die?

Na wa for una sha
Until you figure out the important of time to the universe, you'll never understand.
It has nothing to do with me believing in God or not.

Bible clearly stated in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Your birth, life and death were already concluded before your born... God can't undo it.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by pennywys(m): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Ever Had A Close Shave With Death?

I have on several occasions when death was just a hair's breath away, but i'm alive today only because Someone up there decided that my time to depart this world had not yet come, some of which I'm going to share here.

The first was one I wasn't even aware of myself when it happened because I was just an infant at the time. It was my mum who later told me about it.

She and my dad were about to zoom off to church with the car when they had a crackling sound underneath the car, and had to stopped the car immediately.

When they came down from the car, guess who they saw under the car? Yes it was yours truly, to their greatest shock. I was the one under the car that made the car to make that crackling sound, after they had just began to move, but please don't ask me what I was doing there, I didn't even know that I was there at any point. But thankfully when I was assessed by them, I was very fine and yet bouncing, no bruises, nothing, which was also shocking but a much welcomed one.

However they were still in complete shock because of what had happened as the thought of how differently things could have panned out couldn't leave their mind.

Just imagine what the news have been would be like regardless that it wasn't deliberate. That they had ran over their child on their way to the church and he died as a result. It was better imagined than lived but thank God, He who never sleeps nor slumbers was watching over me that day, so it panned out in a way they could still share the story with me much later, not without me.

God bless.
op save us the story
Let me tell you being born in Nigeria its a very very close shave with death
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by CaptainStephen(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2021
Many times
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by The5DME(m): 10:13am On Oct 03, 2021
No I haven't.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Ofunaofu: 10:14am On Oct 03, 2021
Well I have had some close encounter....
But one of them is still very much in my memory. It happened around August 2019, then I was based in Ikot ekpene, Akwa Ibom state. So on this particular day, I set out on a journey to Imo state going through Aba, for some of us who are familiar with Ikot ekpene-Aba road, It is very bad especially the abia state stretch of the road. So due the bad state of the road, the fastest means of transportation along that axis is through okada(bike).

So, I boarded a bike, we were two the bike man making us three. we set out, the bike man was really on top speed, we beckoned on him to reduced the speed but he wouldn't listen. Few seconds later, what happened next is what I could not explain but it was a terrible crash and we found our selves on the tared road at different direction, brusies all over my body i almost lost my front teeth and I still feel pains on those teeth up till today.

Well, I still continued the journey to Aba, but not in one piece and on a different bike.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 03, 2021
When I was an infant, I was crawling dangerously close to the edge of our veranda. I had comfortably slipped under the metal barrier and half my body was now dangling 3 storeys above ground. My mom who was in the kitchen suddenly felt my absence and rushed out just in time to calmly pull me in.
My mom told me that I had noticed that I was about to fall off something as my legs were now dangling mid-air. I was now struggling clumsily to pull myself back up, but with very little upper body strength, it wasn’t happening. A few more struggles and I would have fallen off.
That’s how my story would have ended before it even began.
God bless every mother out there.
Y’all are guardian angels.

14 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by aktolly54(m): 10:17am On Oct 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Ever Had A Close Shave With Death?

I have on several occasions when death was just a hair's breath away, but i'm alive today only because Someone up there decided that my time to depart this world had not yet come, some of which I'm going to share here.

The first was one I wasn't even aware of myself when it happened because I was just an infant at the time. It was my mum who later told me about it.

She and my dad were about to zoom off to church with the car when they had a crackling sound underneath the car, and had to stopped the car immediately.

When they came down from the car, guess who they saw under the car? Yes it was yours truly, to their greatest shock. I was the one under the car that made the car to make that crackling sound, after they had just began to move, but please don't ask me what I was doing there, I didn't even know that I was there at any point. But thankfully when I was assessed by them, I was very fine and yet bouncing, no bruises, nothing, which was also shocking but a much welcomed one.

However they were still in complete shock because of what had happened as the thought of how differently things could have panned out couldn't leave their mind.

Just imagine what the news have been would be like regardless that it wasn't deliberate. That they had ran over their child on their way to the church and he died as a result. It was better imagined than lived but thank God, He who never sleeps nor slumbers was watching over me that day, so it panned out in a way they could still share the story with me much later, not without me.

God bless.
so your parent no find you and dress you up for church too, na why they don't know you are under tyre (car) . it is well

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Brandonx(m): 10:23am On Oct 03, 2021
I had one some years ago. I went for Road Walk at about 5:am along Awolowo Road walking towards Falomo, I was playing a very loud music with my earphones although I was walking on the other side of the road so I could see on coming vehicles.

I just climbed the walkway paver and the next thing I saw was a vehicle on high speed past very close to me. If I had not climbed that minute it would have been a disaster. And the driver didn't even stop to say sorry.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by SSPX2(m): 10:23am On Oct 03, 2021
mine was when i was in primary three i felled into a well field with water thank God i was able to swim up and my friend and my younger brother pulled me out. I'm that day was a really bad

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by SSPX2(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2021
mine was when i was in primary three i felled into a well field with water thank God i was able to swim up and my friend and my younger brother pulled me out. that day was a really bad

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by LastProphet: 10:27am On Oct 03, 2021
Haryhomyidhey:
Wow, I had escaped death so many times and i know that it can only be God........ When i Remember the time i was in coma in 2016, i just give thanks to God for sparing my life. When i remember the time i almost got crushed by a tipper, i thank God.... I have escaped death more than 6 times if i should count..... I remember when i fall sick every year am about to celebrate my birthday.... I just that God this year was different...... If i start sharing such here, almost everyone that read it would cry...... I just appreciate God for my life..

Is not God he's got nothing to do with it only African morooons keep disturbing God even after he has shown countless times that he doesn't care who dies or lives. A man survived the world trade center collapse he still died a month later in a plane crash, a very good pastor working for God just got slaughtered by Islamic mob in Kano for preaching too much and he was buried yesterday. The honourable and upright Myles Munroe perished along with almost all his family in a plane crash on an evangelism trip, pastor Bimbo Odukayo was burnt alive in Sosoliso crash while working and promoting God. How many more examples do black people need to finally get it? How many? If you escaped today thank your stars or God but don't count on being lucky next time. This is what white people have realized and hence why they don't overdo religion anymore. There's no pattern young man there's only chaos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Franklerry: 10:31am On Oct 03, 2021
It was when I travelled to gabon through the sea in 2005...the story long
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:37am On Oct 03, 2021
Twice .... but the most closest is 2 years ago, I accidentally drank drainage opener, I vomit blood from all the opening in my body but God shown me if its not yet ur turn to go even if u fall from mountain kilimanjaro nothing will happening to you.... the white doctor that treats me for precautions measures couldn't believe I drank it and still live to tell the story

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by LordVarys1: 10:37am On Oct 03, 2021
sonmvayina:
We all experience death every day. Sleep is temporal death while death is permanent sleep..

Death is deception, it is an illusion as we are all eternal. We are not this body.
I love this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Ejiod(m): 10:37am On Oct 03, 2021
Hmmmmm
Mine 2013 Dec 26 when I got drowned.
Was in between death and life.
How I got saved was a mystery because I was just one breathe away from death

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by chival(f): 10:41am On Oct 03, 2021
When I was a teenager, I was returning from an errand in a coaster bus. Just before the Gbagada bridge, by Mobil, we noticed some NEPA wires fell. Vehicles were being stopped. The bus I was in was right in front. The driver stopped. We were in the service lane because we were supposed to ascend the bridge and turn into Gbagada. For reasons that can't be explained, the driver suddenly moved back into the main express lane. Other passengers complained at what they saw as an irrational move. I was in front by the driver. Less than a minute later, a trailer came barrelling down the road on the service lane at high speed. The trailer driver saw the wires too late. When he tried to brake, the trailer tumbled and I kid you not, I witnessed this in slow motion. The trailer rolled over and crushed two or three cars parked in front of the Mobil filling station. The force of the accident caused the trailer head to break away from the body. Moments before the accident, a woman had been sitting in the passenger side of one of the cars, a white benz. The door was open and her feet were on the floor. The trailer crushed her. The trailer lost control and started somersaulting from the exact spot where we had been parked just seconds earlier. I still wonder what made our bus driver move away from that spot. Maybe he had a premonition, maybe it was coincidence, but God saved me that day and I will always be grateful for that.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Akposkibo(m): 10:41am On Oct 03, 2021
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Thryphosa(m): 10:45am On Oct 03, 2021
I stay in the north and will be traveling farther north tomorrow with my family, been doing fasting and prayer since 2 days ago now. Just like someone said, living in Naija and especially living in the north is a step closer to death itself. God will continue to spare our lives. We shall not die but live to glorify God's name.

7 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by SmartyPants(m): 10:46am On Oct 03, 2021
Haryhomyidhey:
there was another day i was going out, i can't remember where i was going to that day. I was in my car and when i got to a particular point on the road, my car break failed totally, like i was afraid. I kept on turning the steering to the left and to the right. I made a mistake that day by removing my seat belt... The car was going to the left and to the right. I was sweating in A.C.. Suddenly the car stopped at the front of a big tree and i hit my head on the steering. I became unconsious but i managed to whine down the glass and put my two hands outside so that people would know there is an accident. I found myself in an hospital and sustained and head injury... It was a very long story and i thank God it was not more than that...

When your breaks fail, rapidly change to a lower gear. If you are in 3, go to 1 immediately.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor T.b Joshua Predicted Michael Jackson's Sudden Death / Pastor Who Buried Humans In His Church Foundation Finally Got Arrested[see Photo / Apostle Suleman: Don’t Give Money To Any Lady This Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.