Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? (22149 Views)

Dealing With Death The Right Way / I Just Witnessed Someone Have A Close Shave With Death / Leke Adeboye Gets A Clean Shave In Honor Of His Brother, Dare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Queenzzy: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
pongwa:
had a close shave with death just under 24 hours ago. My car hit a culvert at high speed, it flipped over and I came out with few bruises and muscle pains. Car damaged but thank God I am alive. I have a nasty headache right now as I'm typing at home so I'm contemplating whether I should enter hospital
Thank God for life. Pls go so you can be checked.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
queenitee:

Oh wow, thank you very much.
I believe in miracle because am alive today still like a misery to me
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by incredible2017: 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
mine was 16 years ago (2005) when I was discussing with a girl on a stairs that had no guide(protector) the girl resting her back on the wall while little me was at the empty side.The girl joking pushed me, omo naso I turn spider man flying unconsciously from the top till my two hand just held a zinc simultaneously, Sustained multiple injuries, but the most surprising thing was that till today I couldn't figure out how I unconsciously held those two zincs.

Second incident happened 7 years ago in 2014, when I was driving home from work on my long john bicycle, though earlier that day I gave someone my bicycle to ride, the idiot didnt inform me that he spoilt the front shoe break,after work that day, at night, was ready to go home, climbed my long john bicycle and was driving through nnpc road at ejigbo with speed, but before kai havertz would score the champions league final goal, the shoe break entered into the wheel of the front tire which made the back go up, throwing me at the centre of the road where those big tankers do pass for supply of petrochemical products, layed there for 1 minute(according to eye withness) before a good samaritan came to my rescue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
chival:
When I was a teenager, I was returning from an errand in a coaster bus. Just before the Gbagada bridge, by Mobil, we noticed some NEPA wires fell. Vehicles were being stopped. The bus I was in was right in front. The driver stopped. We were in the service lane because we were supposed to ascend the bridge and turn into Gbagada. For reasons that can't be explained, the driver suddenly moved back into the main express lane. Other passengers complained at what they saw as an irrational move. I was in front by the driver. Less than a minute later, a trailer came barrelling down the road on the service lane at high speed. The trailer driver saw the wires too late. When he tried to brake, the trailer tumbled and I kid you not, I witnessed this in slow motion. The trailer rolled over and crushed two or three cars parked in front of the Mobil filling station. The force of the accident caused the trailer head to break away from the body. Moments before the accident, a woman had been sitting in the passenger side of one of the cars, a white benz. The door was open and her feet were on the floor. The trailer crushed her. The trailer lost control and started somersaulting from the exact spot where we had been parked just seconds earlier. I still wonder what made our bus driver move away from that spot. Maybe he had a premonition, maybe it was coincidence, but God saved me that day and I will always be grateful for that.
Foolish trailer driver. If he had driven over the cables, nothing would've happened.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by sonmvayina(m): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
So if you're in a sinking ship in the middle of the sea, you won't accept to be rescued?

Why not.
I have two lovely angels as daughters I want to see them grow up...
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by chival(f): 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Foolish trailer driver. If he had driven over the cables, nothing would've happened.
Exactly. You know the funny thing? As soon as the accident happened, vehicles started driving over the cables to flee the scene.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
chival:

Exactly. You know the funny thing? As soon as the accident happened, vehicles started driving over the cables to flee the scene.
If he died, I wonder how his spirit would react seeing people driving over the cable.

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Pwhitelaw(m): 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2021
Dshocker:

There is nothing you can do,90% of bike riders in Lagos are abokis

I have alternative and that is taking a bus to my destination even if I have to get stuck in traffick. Life no get duplicate.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by GetMeRight: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
On numerous occasions.
From ghastly motor accident on East West Road in Bayelsa state to jumping into the River from a moving motorised boat (I panicked!) to a bite from the rabid dog.

jesusjnr2020:
Ever Had A Close Shave With Death?

Just imagine what the news have been would be like regardless that it wasn't deliberate. That they had ran over their child on their way to the church and he died as a result. It was better imagined than lived but thank God, He who never sleeps nor slumbers was watching over me that day, so it panned out in a way they could still share the story with me much later, not without me.

God bless.

This particular incident is more common than you could imagine!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by queenitee(f): 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
I believe in miracle because am alive today still like a misery to me
Yes, miracles do exist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by GetMeRight: 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
Haryhomyidhey:
Wow, I had escaped death so many times and i know that it can only be God........ When i Remember the time i was in coma in 2016, i just give thanks to God for sparing my life. When i remember the time i almost got crushed by a tipper, i thank God.... I have escaped death more than 6 times if i should count..... I remember when i fall sick every year am about to celebrate my birthday.... I just that God this year was different...... If i start sharing such here, almost everyone that read it would cry...... I just appreciate God for my life..

One of my friends wasn't so lucky some years back as he was hit by a tipper from the rear, he was walking by the side of the road. Left a little baby behind at the time with wife
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by DonroxyII: 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
sonmvayina:
We all experience death every day. Sleep is temporal death while death is permanent sleep..

Death is deception, it is an illusion as we are all eternal. We are not this body.
If Death is an Illusion, Life is also an Illusion.... Everything is just Mirror effect, Brain Conception......Why didn't you balance both side of the equation

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Phils: 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
May the Almighty God guide and protect us.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by sonmvayina(m): 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
DonroxyII:
If Death is an Illusion, Life is also an Illusion.... Everything is just Mirror effect, Brain Conception......Why didn't you balance both side of the equation

Thanks..

The topic was on death...

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by RichieMichie: 12:04am On Oct 04, 2021
FuckHomophobes:
Yes

My first ever accident. In a micro second , our vehicle had a head on collision with another oncoming vehicle. I had no seat belt on and next was me flying across board and hit my face on the windscreen. All the airbag was bursted and likewise my forehead.

I came down and accessed the damaged. Mehn the car was wrecked

Omoooo

Same happened to me,head collision with a driver,my bike against his car. Nigga crushed my bike with me flying up to the sky and landing on his windscreen.
They rushed me with his car, one that reek of weed. Mf was fucking high

The aftermath was a ptsd, especially when I am on the highway. It's less these days though.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by mashad(m): 12:17am On Oct 04, 2021
aniblue:
Years ago During my 200L in school, there was a very serious riot between the students and the host community, all manners of arsenals were out but God alone saved me from direct & stray bullets.

This shld be ago-iwoye
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by princewarri1985: 5:40am On Oct 04, 2021
SporaD8:
Mine was when I was younger, subsix I took hold of Nepa earthed rod Rod while it was raining! Right in my eye, I could see my life essence evaporating. It was like a strong evil force took hold of my hand and was giving me a vigorous shake all over. I was very weak in the knee yet couldn't move any part of my body just the shakes.
It could have been a double tragedy that fateful day cause by big brother try to draw my clothes but was thrown far away!
Brave brother didn't give up - withdraw a few meters away and ran to give me a flying tackle like those Ruby players will do! His efforts paid off as we both were released and collapsed on the ground!
Need I say he was below 12 himself then but his heroism was way more than a trained fire brigade would offered.
I'm a hard warri boy but this one got tears rolling down my eyes, give your big brother a hug for me, or if you are not with him now call him and tell him that you love him, he din't even care about dieing
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by JayEntaur(m): 7:12am On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Is it advisable to drive the car while the naked wire is on the car?

Well, it's better to err on the side of caution. But, technically, you should be safe inside the car, as far as there's no defect to cause a breach.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Abdogood(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
Na common thing nau under this government. Na God they save person.

We will be alright and the wicked will have no peace.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by PhilipReigns(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Ever Had A Close Shave With Death?

I have on several occasions when death was just a hair's breath away, but i'm alive today only because Someone up there decided that my time to depart this world had not yet come, some of which I'm going to share here.

The first was one I wasn't even aware of myself when it happened because I was just an infant at the time. It was my mum who later told me about it.

She and my dad were about to zoom off to church with the car when they had a crackling sound underneath the car, and had to stopped the car immediately.

When they came down from the car, guess who they saw under the car? Yes it was yours truly, to their greatest shock. I was the one under the car that made the car to make that crackling sound, after they had just began to move, but please don't ask me what I was doing there, I didn't even know that I was there at any point. But thankfully when I was assessed by them, I was very fine and yet bouncing, no bruises, nothing, which was also shocking but a much welcomed one.

However they were still in complete shock because of what had happened as the thought of how differently things could have panned out couldn't leave their mind.

Just imagine what the news have been would be like regardless that it wasn't deliberate. That they had ran over their child on their way to the church and he died as a result. It was better imagined than lived but thank God, He who never sleeps nor slumbers was watching over me that day, so it panned out in a way they could still share the story with me much later, not without me.

God bless.
Was bitten by a snake 2016, just after my grandfather's burial. My younger sister had been attached spiritually by one leg sickness they trow at night where her leg was more or less of that of an elephantiasis patient. I was called from school to buy a particular drug and bring for her, on d noon of the day I arrived my cousin and I went to d bush to plug pear,I stood right up top of a puff father barefooted that was sleeping gently after allyning from the top of the pear tree. My cousin had been under d same tree all along picking d pear while I was up, nothing happened to him...hmmm people get grace o!!! As soon as I came down, the snake was right there waiting for me. I nearly died from d incident, my leg was recommended for amputation in a teaching hospital barely a week after d bite (until we found an old dying man in far away village that finally rescued me, let's not talk about the money that followed just because of 100naira pear, na cheap things dey kill person for naija) as most traditional medicine men didn't have d herbal treatment for that particular snake since it hardly bite.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by SilasIBB: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2021
#TESTIMONY ��� #HALELYYAH

God is faithful!!!!

After ministering with fire and vigour. The Holy Spirits was very much alive.
I rounded off and went to dress up for a crucial meeting at Glory Dome.

So as I haste my preparations, I heard God telling me,

"Pray before you go."

I did a brief intensive prayer and then I was set to go. I board the bus. As we drove I went into an intensive prayer sensing something in my Spirit. Then, I went into a traunce and then, I sa those people I saw in 2019 during my intensive fast again and then they were projecting something. I intensify my � Fire �. After a while I paused to rest. I was out of the traunce. Then suddenly my breath abated. I couldn't breath well Again. My spirit was departing from my body gradually and it seem am gonna died. I was troubled. I sank down and then began to pray silently. No body pay me any attention. I was dieing then suddenly,

Dr. Paul EnencheDr. Paul Enencheenche appeared to me. I pictured it out consciously. I remember the prayers of Ihiabe Iko-ojo GodwinIhiabe Iko-ojo GodwinIhiabe Iko-ojo Godwin and I remember the proclamation of Sule Stephen I rebuked the Devil.

I BIND YOU!!!

THEN, suddenly, I was refreshed. The SPIRITUAL Spell of Doom was gone. Am now Good, sound and healthy.

TESTIMONY 2

Many has given their life to CHRIST through my ministration and there have been Numberous testimonies of the Blind see, lame work, sickness vanished, Divine connection and more just want to say THANK YOU JESUS ��� And to my Spiritual fathers

Peter DeMajesty

Pastor Meshach

Am grateful.

Jesus all the way.

Friends help me praise the LORD!!!

HE HAS SAVED ME TO SAVE!!!

����

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
sonmvayina:

Why not.
I have two lovely angels as daughters I want to see them grow up...
But death is just an illusion and deception na according to you, so you shouldn't be afraid to die na.

You should just reject the rescue effort and be happy to die, since it made no real difference, abi?
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by sonmvayina(m): 8:24am On Oct 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
But death is just an illusion and deception na according to you, so you shouldn't be afraid to die na.

You should just reject the rescue effort and be happy to die, since it made no real difference, abi?

"Today I place both life and death in front of you...choose life."

God said I should choose life...that is what I am doing..

God created both, and he advised me to choose life.
Just like he created both light and darkness and asked me to choose light, good and evil and asked me to choose good....
It is called the principles of duality. They are just the two sides of the same thing.

I believe in my creator.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
sonmvayina:

"Today I place both life and death in front of you...choose life."

God said I should choose life...that is what I am doing..

God created both, and he advised me to choose life.
Just like he created both light and darkness and asked me to choose light, good and evil and asked me to choose good....
It is called the principles of duality. They are just the two sides of the same thing.

I believe in my creator.
So you mean that God placed an "illusion" and "deception" He created before you?

So you mean you have now chosen life instead of death which Adam chose, by obeying the Word of God?
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by sonmvayina(m): 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
So you mean that God placed an "illusion" and "deception" He created before you?

So you mean you have now chosen life instead of death which Adam chose, by obeying the Word of God?

I can't make heads or tails of your post. Can you be more explicit ? Please..
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2021
sonmvayina:

I can't make heads or tails of your post. Can you be more explicit ? Please..
You quoted a saying in the Bible about life and death, and said God said you should choose life, and that's what you're doing.

The way to choose life which is clearly stated in the next verse, Genesis 20:30, is by obeying the Word of God, for it said, "God is your life".

Hence I asked, is that how you chose life? By obeying God's Word?
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by sonmvayina(m): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You quoted a saying in the Bible about life and death, and said God said you should choose life, and that's what you're doing.

The way to choose life which is clearly stated in the next verse, Genesis 20:30, is by obeying the Word of God, for it said, "God is your life".

Hence I asked, is that how you chose life? By obeying God's Word?

Yes definitely...
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
sonmvayina:

Yes definitely...
Hmm...

As you've spoken, so shall it be, and may God hold you accountable to your word in Jesus name!

Now say amen!
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by dsocioemmy(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

If he died, I wonder how his spirit would react seeing people driving over the cable.

As in eh. Just Imaging what will be going through his head
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by sonmvayina(m): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Hmm...

As you've spoken, so shall it be, and may God hold you accountable to your word in Jesus name!

Now say amen!

Nah if I do..I will be breaking God's commandments. He said " do not have any other God before me. So take out that idol you call Jesus from your prayers...

Go to God directly. Don't put a wall.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

Nah if I do..I will be breaking God's commandments. He said " do not have any other God before me. So take out that idol you call Jesus from your prayers...

Go to God directly. Don't put a wall.
So you mean the child (Jesus) that God through His prophet prophesied would be born unto us, and called "The mighty God", is an idol?

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

If you indeed think so, then you haven't chosen life but death, because you don't keep God's Word as you say.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by sonmvayina(m): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
So you mean the child (Jesus) that God through His prophet prophesied would be born unto us, and called "The mighty God", is an idol?

Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

If you indeed think so, then you haven't chosen life but death, because you don't keep God's Word as you say.

The child Isaiah is talking about has already been born when Isaiah was prophesying. The child was already 6 years old. Is English a problem to you? For unto us a child IS born"...Isaiah was referring to future king Hezekiah. He was already 6 years old at the time. He is not referring to a future event...
You Christian impose your interpretation on Jewish scriptures. That is not what it says...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths' Letter To Redemption Ministry, Bayelsa, Demanding N500k From Church / Download The Seventh Book Of Moses / Pastor T.b Joshua Predicted Michael Jackson's Sudden Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.