Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? (22151 Views)

Dealing With Death The Right Way / I Just Witnessed Someone Have A Close Shave With Death / Leke Adeboye Gets A Clean Shave In Honor Of His Brother, Dare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Prenonjebose: 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
Two occasions. Firstly, a commercial transport car I was in ran into a herd of cattle, on a rainy,very slippery night. It was an interstate federal highway. I think at least two of the cattle died on the spot, with their entrails splashing all over the vehicle. The car's windscreen was shattered.
The second occasion, several years ago, just as I crossed from one side of the road to the other, I saw a VW Vento car leap on the road divider where I was a few seconds earlier, knocking a guy off the divider and dragged underneath him a few metres away.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by MNDY(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The second I would share happened when I had grown up, while I was about to cross the road one day. Now I had looked to the left and thought it was clear, and then to the right, but just as I was about to cross, I had "voom", as a car pass me in high speed. I was in shock and wondering where the car came from, because it was that close. The car would have just carried me along to where i didn't plan to go, but thank God things didn't pan out that way. However what happened that day is something that's still vividly on my mind because up til now, I can't explain how that happened and where the car came from.

God bless.

Mine was even recently when I wanted to cross the very dangerous Lagos/Ibadan Expressway. My very fast charger's head fell down in the middle of the road that I was running to cross. I bent down to quickly get it, it was slipping off my hand like twice. Na so my head quickly warn me I quickly use leg push am. People were shouting: O fé ku fun Charger. Lolz. The thing funny me too.

A speedy car was already very close (all cars speed fast and furious on this road) and before you see chance cross sometimes, you go don wait up to 2minutes sef. Because of the accidents I have seen happen, I usually trek to go and use the pedestrian bridge for crossing, no matter how it unfavours me to get to where I'm going by making me trek additional distances.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Kokaine(m): 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
No one has ever escaped death. Every day we live past, it was written that way. The day its time, you may leave your comfortable home to go receive the visitor yourself.

Hadith of the Rosullullah(saw): kun fi duniya kaanaka gulam so aribu sabil.

Says: be in this world as though you are a stranger or a wayfarer.

If you see the morning, do not expect to see the evening. And if you see the evening, do not expect to see the morning.

Quran: say that death from which you flee will surely overtake you, then shall you be returned to the All knower of the unseen and the apparent and you shall be informed of your deeds

Our lives in this duniya is very short. It is nothing but deception. When a Muslim child is born, the call to prayer is made in his ears. And when a Muslim dies, people pray solar janaza for him. His entire life is what he lived between the adhan and the solar. Its a lesson we should benefit from.

May Allah allow our living and dying to be for His sake. Ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Makaveli217(m): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
First close death experience was when I was in primary 5, can't remember what year.
My grandpa was staying with us during that time and he wanted to go back and my dad was supposed to drive him home (Rivers State to IMO State). The enemy had planned to take my dad should he drive home that day, but God intervained by telling his company to call him back to work just days before he embark on the journey with my grandpa.
My uncle was on leave so he decided to come over and drive him home, he came along with his first and second son, and we started off with the journey. My uncle (elder brother to my dad) his first and second sons, me and my young brother (Both first and second sons), together with my grandpa, all of us inside our dads car. My uncle was a pro behind the wheels, and in no time we arrived IMO state, just 30 mins to our compound, a call came through his phone, he was on the phone, was also on gear 6 (A Toyota v6), hands off steering, an old woman riding on a bicycle just appeared from nowhere on the left side of the road the lane we were on, my uncle spotted her late, he was trying to put himself together and also avoid her, he was over 120km/ph or so, he couldn't apply brake, too late also, he just turned the steering clockwise with much force, and the car sumersulted more than 3× and landed in the gutter, people who witnessed the accident were surprised all of us came out alive without a scratch.

Second one was my suicidal attempt years ago due to depression, I mixed deadly substance and chemicals plus sniper and Drank, how I survived I don't know, doctors were surprised I survived and were thanking God on my behalf.

Third one was bike accident Last year around October in IMO state on an express road I came out alive but sustained injuries on my right leg, people were thanking God for me and the bike rider because people don't survive such accident on that particular busy spot.

Lessons I've learnt from all these accident that we came out alive from but also ended other people are:
1) We should always appreciate and enjoy life because nothing last forever.
2) You could have it all today and tomorrow it would be gone.
3) Live, Love, Learn, while you still can.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Emexicoman(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
Back in 2008 in Aba when when I worked in a factory, I was about to open the noozle of a machine I operating, I didn't know that the boiler wire was out and leaning on the metal body of the machine. I needed to use my to hands to grab the both ends of the noozle and turn it anti clock wise. People of God tjta was how I was electrically glued to the machine with both hands. Two hands on, and both feet planted on the floor. Na so I de see my life de varnish from my body. I just SCREAMED... JESUS EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH...!!!!

I didn't know how I flung myself away from the machine. I fell to the floor and my colleagues gathered me, picked me up like a piece of empty carton. I was just there lifeless and drained. They gave me malt and milk till the director came by himself when he heard what happened.
It wasn't my power that pulled me out of that machine cos I held it so firmly as required to open it.
It was only God.!

5 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
Offpoint1:

Until you figure out the important of time to the universe, you'll never understand.
It has nothing to do with me believing in God or not.

Bible clearly stated in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Your birth, life and death were already concluded before your born... God can't undo it.
But God did it for a king in the bible. He extended the numbers of years he lived for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by MrCGPA(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
I was involved is a Ghastly Motor accident that claimed 12 life in 2014. Only me and another person were saved. It to me 42 days before I knew myself. God really saved me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ofunaofu:
Well I have had some close encounter....
But one of them is still very much in my memory. It happened around August 2019, then I was based in Ikot ekpene, Akwa Ibom state. So on this particular day, I set out on a journey to Imo state going through Aba, for some of us who are familiar with Ikot ekpene-Aba road, It is very bad especially the abia state stretch of the road. So due the bad state of the road, the fastest means of transportation along that axis is through okada(bike).

So, I boarded a bike, we were two the bike man making us three. we set out, the bike man was really on top speed, we beckoned on him to reduced the speed but he wouldn't listen. Few seconds later, what happened next is what I could not explain but it was a terrible crash and we found our selves on the tared road at different direction, brusies all over my body i almost lost my front teeth and I still feel pains on those teeth up till today.

Well, I still continued the journey to Aba, but not in one piece and on a different bike.
I thank God for your life
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by MaKenz: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
Close shave with death hmm! Many reasons to thank GOD for HIS mercies and protection. I'll try to express my experiences as brief as possible pardon all grammatical errors.

I can remember vividly in pry 4 while working home after sch. I was working on a major road and by a force I couldn't explain I found myself on the walk way by a force i can't explain till date and at that instance, a car zoomed off my side in a very close shave.

The other experience was similar to the op's experience. The cab driver was drivering one-way in a dualised road to beat traffic congestion, bad spots and traffic warden and as I focused on the direction of traffic taking my time lo and behold, the cab ran on my foot with the speed I didn't feel the impact only for the driver to wave at me apologically.

My other experience was with ritualists; after negotiating the tfare to my destination, I boarded the taxi to my destination. Along the way, his accomplice posing as a persenger joined us. While on the trip he requested for his money and I paid him in #20 notes denomination while being conscious cos I sensed danger the moment I entered the taxi. As I watched, he brought out a mutilated #20 note from the car sun visor complaining I paid him with fake #20 note that I shld replace it. I told him I'm not going touch the note; the other persenger in the front seat threaten to arrest me if I don't replace it and I dare him. To avoid story that touch, I handed him the last #20 note with me. He collected and still insist i take back the multilated note which I refused. Halfway the journey, he ask me to alight from the car that I'm a bad market.

Another near death experience was driving with my family. Before we embarked on the journey to VI, I had a tyre replaced funnily, the "vulganizer" did a bad job. While on 3rd mainland bridge I was doing 120km/h I heard a sound I can't fathomed but it didn't affect the performance of the car. I drove in and out of VI smoothly. On getting home, I stopped the car to open the main gate and park the car. Behold, the only nut supporting the tyre fell off as well as the tyre. 2 lessons learnt always fasten the tyre with my wheel spanner after a replacement by a "vulga" and avoid excessive speeding.

The final near death case was wen I went to a cyber cafe to print out some documents. Unfortunately, a gang of armed robbers tracked the owner of the cafe from the bank to her business center. I was siting closed to the entrance door wen they worked in with a cmd everybody lie down. In a state of confusion think they were police and the same time obeying the cmd the next thing that vibrated in my head was a gunshot at the left side of my limb at close range of 100cm. The pain was excruciating, my fone was taken as well as others in the cafe. The mission was to dispossessed the owner of #150k she collected from the banking hall we were addendum to the operation. But how the bullet crisscrossed from the point of entry through the the hollow of my pelvic bone with a little impact and exited close to my anus remains the 11th wonder the doctors in LUTH can't explained but owe it to miracle. I spent just a week in LUTH with no serious complication that may require surgery procedure just flesh cut with antibiotics and dressing, I'm standing well well.

Many reasons I believe and trust in GOD. I'll remain grateful to HIM for watching over me, my households and affair. GLORY TO JESUS!

T

3 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
Franklerry:
It was when I travelled to gabon through the sea in 2005...the story long
Give us gist now grin
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Emexicoman(m): 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
I moved from Aba to Lagos and on one evening I closed late so could not get a bus from idumota to Abule ado. So we had to walk the Eko bridge(me and my staff) on our way we passed some guys which I thought was a normal thing. After a few minutes I noticed they were walking too, that I also thought it was normal. Then I bent down to tie my show lace (mumu me), as I bent one guy passed me, so when I got up I looked and realized my staff had gone a bit far so I decided to jug. The guys behind started juggling (I thought it was normal), then I juggled pass the guy who passed me when I was bent down. Approached my staff. It was then I heard a shout from behind, lo and behold the guys who now happened to be robbers grabbed the guy I ran past. He was just shouting and helpless.. I screamed at my staff.. UCHENDU RUN.....!

My people we ran the who length of the bridge from where the gbege happened.

Na God.!

5 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Offpoint1: 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
But God did it for a king in the bible. He extended the numbers of years he lived for.
On what ground?
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by wiseone28: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ofunaofu:
Well I have had some close encounter....
But one of them is still very much in my memory. It happened around August 2019, then I was based in Ikot ekpene, Akwa Ibom state. So on this particular day, I set out on a journey to Imo state going through Aba, for some of us who are familiar with Ikot ekpene-Aba road, It is very bad especially the abia state stretch of the road. So due the bad state of the road, the fastest means of transportation along that axis is through okada(bike).

So, I boarded a bike, we were two the bike man making us three. we set out, the bike man was really on top speed, we beckoned on him to reduced the speed but he wouldn't listen. Few seconds later, what happened next is what I could not explain but it was a terrible crash and we found our selves on the tared road at different direction, brusies all over my body i almost lost my front teeth and I still feel pains on those teeth up till today.

Well, I still continued the journey to Aba, but not in one piece and on a different bike.
Even me seeing those bike guys passing like F1 race gives me a goosebumps..

You try to board the bike i can't.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by aysuprano(m): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
I have an encounter with death almost every month because I’m a seizure patient

But the non seizure encounter I had was when I was in secondary school, we were having a program at the school hall and everyone wants to catch a glimpse so I was hanging on the window and it’s a 3 story building, my finger slipped and miraculously just my index finger held me from falling from a 3story building that day, I know it was a miracle cos I already lost control

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
I remember September 2017 in Mayfair roundabout Ife I was on my way to my lodge when 5 guys guys jumped me before I could say A I was on the floor being kicked by different boots I just covered my face and chest.....then one of them hit me with one funny bead after that I couldn't move or feel any of my joints again ....then 2 of them started arguing one said let's put G nut in his leg the other one said no let's drop him by some miracle one of them received a call that he is currently looking at their target about to enter korope on campus...he was speaking yoruba so I could understand everything....that was when they knew they had the wrong guy by that time dem don beat me my life don remain like 5 minutes embarassed after they bragged say na God save me Omo na so them free me o....
Funny thing I knew one of them from Angola hall he's a loud mofo. To cut long story short my men fall in the next day we track am go bunk and the 4 other idiots were there.... immediately my B sight am everywhere scatter some of them japa but we got one of them rise am for jalab and as they say ded men tell no tales I will always have my revenge cool
It wasn't funny the night before cause I almost died thank God I was on something I for turn statistics

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Kachi4christ(m): 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
That's birthday side is just same with me I always fall sick a day before my birthday
And is quite scarry
Haryhomyidhey:
Wow, I had escaped death so many times and i know that it can only be God........ When i Remember the time i was in coma in 2016, i just give thanks to God for sparing my life. When i remember the time i almost got crushed by a tipper, i thank God.... I have escaped death more than 6 times if i should count..... I remember when i fall sick every year am about to celebrate my birthday.... I just that God this year was different...... If i start sharing such here, almost everyone that read it would cry...... I just appreciate God for my life..
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2021
JayEntaur:

Cars are Faraday cages, so nothing would have happened to you, as far as you were inside the car when it dropped.
Is it advisable to drive the car while the naked wire is on the car?
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
We live with death already.

Death surrounds us in our various homes.
There are over 100 things of death in our apartments - we are close to it on daily basis.

Thank you, father.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by VictoriaIsland(f): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
I thank The Almighty God who has been on my side, I have done four major operations.

The last was one was at Methodist Hospital in Dallas to be precise in America.

I thank God because, a major mistake was done which was cutting part of my liver there I was bleeding inside.

I didn't know, but I knew I was not comfortable, had to return back to hospital.

It was a Kenya lady Nurse overthere who told me in confidence what happened.

I thank God, for preserving my life.

Praise Master Jesus!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by eedimo(m): 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
My sis and I at the the centre of the River that separate ebonyi from Cross River at the middle of the night on rainy day, with a faulty boat and headed nowhere.

Again it is well

4 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
Emexicoman:
I moved from Aba to Lagos and on one evening I closed late so could not get a bus from idumota to Abule ado. So we had to walk the Eko bridge(me and my staff) on our way we passed some guys which I thought was a normal thing. After a few minutes I noticed they were walking too, that I also thought it was normal. Then I bent down to tie my show lace (mumu me), as I bent one guy passed me, so when I got up I looked and realized my staff had gone a bit far so I decided to jug. The guys behind started juggling (I thought it was normal), then I juggled pass the guy who passed me when I was bent down. Approached my staff. It was then I heard a shout from behind, lo and behold the guys who now happened to be robbers grabbed the guy I ran past. He was just shouting and helpless.. I screamed at my staff.. UCHENDU RUN.....!

My people we ran the who length of the bridge from where the gbege happened.

Na God.!
Lol

Thank God for your life grin
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
SporaD8:
Mine was when I was younger, subsix I took hold of Nepa earthed rod Rod while it was raining! Right in my eye, I could see my life essence evaporating. It was like a strong evil force took hold of my hand and was giving me a vigorous shake all over. I was very weak in the knee yet couldn't move any part of my body just the shakes.
It could have been a double tragedy that fateful day cause by big brother try to draw my clothes but was thrown far away!
Brave brother didn't give up - withdraw a few meters away and ran to give me a flying tackle like those Ruby players will do! His efforts paid off as we both were released and collapsed on the ground!
Need I say he was below 12 himself then but his heroism was way more than a trained fire brigade would offered.

Wow! This story touched the depth of my heart. Your brother is a king.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Originalsly: 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2021
Early February 2020 ... COVID-19.... before it was declared a pandemic ... when they were claiming it was in China only. That first virus was deadly ... I suspected was not natural at the time and evidences are now emerging more and more about its history originating in a lab in North Carolina. No other flu ... or sickness I ever had was close... wayyy worse than all combined.... coughing... bronchitis which I had more than once brings on some serious coughing... this one was like 10 times worse with absolutely nothing to spit and little time to breathe when in a spell.... left me breathless and weak after each spell. Had Dengue ... serious fever and joint pains....this one was 10 times worse. I knew this was something else... can't walk far... like 10 steps....serious shortness of breath kicked in. Two hospitals close to me ... less than 10 minutes walk to their Emergency.... thought about going... but this gut feeling was saying don't. I went to a doctor instead... but he couldn't help since he didn't know it was COVID ... to date... after learning later that it was COVID ...I wonder if the doctor is still alive since I'm almost sure he contracted it from me. This is the only time in my life I felt like a sickness have me on the ropes battling for my life....a time when I was close to death. From experience... it's why I insist you don't have to be tested to know if you have COVID... if you have it you will know ... and you will not mistake it for any other disease... you will know it is different ... and deadly serious.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Proflere: 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
If you live in Lagos, death is around you every now and then. This place is just took dangerous to live in, only God has been keeping someone safe.
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by EgunMogaji2: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by queenitee(f): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
Twice .... but the most closest is 2 years ago, I accidentally drank drainage opener, I vomit blood from all the opening in my body but God shown me if its not yet ur turn to go even if u fall from mountain kilimanjaro nothing will happening to you.... the white doctor that treats me for precautions measures couldn't believe I drank it and still live to tell the story
What’s a drainage opener please?
Thank God for your life
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by trippleKAY(m): 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2021
Offpoint1:

it seems you were destined to die by car, and it's not yet your time hence the turn out of events.
imagine 3 car accidents fa! He should be very prayerful

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by trippleKAY(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2021
YoungDaNaval:
That was 2015 when my little cousin of 5months slip from my hand and fell into a well with water inside. I quickly join her into the well so I can die with her there. The way we were both saved is still a mystery to me till today. Happened in Kaduna
what Omo eh
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by trippleKAY(m): 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2021
YoungDaNaval:
No be mind something bros. If anything had happened to that day, I'm sure I'll be suffering from the mental trauma till today ....maybe with chain in one psychiatric hospital
i understand u bro! But eh, u made your decision instantly? Why don't you look for help?
Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by trippleKAY(m): 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2021
kay29000:
About 7 years ago, I was at Oshodi around 11pm, looking for ATM to use. I passed by some touts partying, so I stayed in the middle of the road, so that if I had to run, I would be able to do so successfully.

I passed by the touts, I still kept waliking in the middle of the road... All of a sudden, I heard a car engine rev up behind me. Apparently, the driver of the car was scared of the touts too, and sped up the car, coming at me at full speed. I ran left, he turned left, I ran right, he turned right (out of panic), next thing I knew was I was flying in the air. The car hit my side, and I spun around multiple times before landing on my shoulder.

It all happened within a couple of seconds. I think I was out for a few minutes, because when I got up the touts had surrounded me, and they were saying in Yoruba, "ko ti ku sha." He isn't dead.

My shoulder was dislocated and I had a few scratches, but nothing so serious. It was a crazy experience.
omo! Bros dey serve God oi

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? by Uncletony(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
I once fell down from a coconut tree inside our garden, broke ankle, was in coma for three days. As of then I was nine

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths' Letter To Redemption Ministry, Bayelsa, Demanding N500k From Church / Download The Seventh Book Of Moses / Pastor T.b Joshua Predicted Michael Jackson's Sudden Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.