Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post (33864 Views)

ATTENTION: Teachers, Nurses, Others Can Now Get Australian Visa In Just 3 Days / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:18am On Sep 14, 2021
shogsman:

You've not spoken your mind here, you just ranted like a typical ignoramus

SHUT UP THERE!!!

PAINED HUNGRY CHILD

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Bluffly: 8:18am On Sep 14, 2021
Unfortunately, we live in a directionless society
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Humanoid01(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2021
yvonncute:
When somethings happen it is not because of the reasons given, but because of what has already been programmed in the spirit.
My best guess is you're a follower of Apostle Joshua Selman.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by SmartPolician: 8:21am On Sep 14, 2021
Would all this NONSENSE had mattered if we had fixed our country? Our so-called leaders are our biggest problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Smif(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2021
I hv to agree wit u on dis, a leader shud b objective, not some subjective sentimental creep
His reply makes no sense, n dats someone who is supposed to ban ppl here wen de make bad posts or replies?
Tirr
JustforMen:
You are supposed to be a Moderator here but see what you are posting.
why did you have to bring Islam into your pointless post?
Don't Muslims go to non-Muslim countries?

People have a right to believe what they want believe and to also get the consequences of their beliefs.
No belief system is without its strength and weaknesses - and non is without its consequences!
Everybody must not believe the same thing because they want to go Canada, US or Dubai.
Those countries are not exactly heaven.

Do all non-Africans that come to African and Arab countries believe everything those countries believe?

I had to raise the standard for you because you are a leader here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Midas01: 8:22am On Sep 14, 2021
There's nothing bad in putting your opinions out there. Since they're denying our people visa on homophobic issues then Nigerian Govt need to start denying pro LGBT expats visas too.

Rubbish
OkuFaba:
We're all entitled to our own opinions, but not all opinions should be publicised on social media platforms,
Una wey dey post everything about una relationship and marriage online, na we go still gather dey look when it stop working.

I hope that righteousness2 guy is seeing this, cos his comments go make Angel Gabriel deny am heaven gate pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by wink2015(m): 8:23am On Sep 14, 2021
OYIBO and the western society no dey take HISTORY play.

The keep records or check the archives online.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Blitzerz: 8:23am On Sep 14, 2021
Don't worry sister.

She will get a better opportunity.

Let them take their homosexuality and eat it.
Australia is not heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Funkybabee(f): 8:24am On Sep 14, 2021
She has every right to say her opinion

It's not her own scholarship, her own is coming on her way, a door shut is for a bigger thing

It's not a special thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Iykenuwa(m): 8:25am On Sep 14, 2021
Morningblues:
[s]She has the right to be homophobic, same way the country also have the right to deny her entry. If you hate LGBT people what are you doing in a country that respect and protect them.

Homophobic Nigerians want to leave this country to Canada and other countries where LGBTQ people have rights? You don't like your countries & want to protect your culture again?

Let be mindful of the things we type here please. It might be used against us tomorrow.

Let her try Iran,Iraq and Afghanistan or Kenya, those are homophobic countries. They would accommodate her [/s]

If only you know how daft you sound! Is Australia or America all about homosexuality or perversion?

If I want to come to your house, does it mean it is because of the footmat on your doorstep, and no other reason?
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by blaise26abj(m): 8:25am On Sep 14, 2021
winterfell007:
Serves her right, religious dingbat!! . Nigeria must learn to be open minded and all embracing. You all better believe that there are homosexuals and atheists in this country. and they've got as much as right as you are.
Political correctness is what will destroy this world . People don’t see the contradictions . She has a right to voice her opinion based on her beliefs . Judging her on that right because her beliefs is contradictory. If an atheist says on social media that's there is no God and all people who worship God are delusional ,?will he/she be denied visas for theophobia?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Ikwerelastborn: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2021
Mynd44:
[s]Nigerians are funny. You hate LGBTQ+ community yet want to go to countries that support and promote them.

You hate Islam yet you want to travel to Dubai for vacation.

Why not go to countries that support your views and are not at risk of "God's wrath"[/s]?
What about Islamabad people running away from their shitholes to Christian countries of USA, Europe and Australia

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by RulerIAm(m): 8:26am On Sep 14, 2021
Abegi go
Mynd44:
Nigerians are funny. You hate LGBTQ+ community yet want to go to countries that support and promote them.

Why not go to countries that support your views and are not at risk of "God's wrath"?
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2021
[s]
Onyxnaija:

Are you homosexual? Often people who have such strong views about sexuality are, and feel like their outward display of hate toward people with same sex preference will move the spotlight away from them so they can practice their lifestyle ’safely’ in secrecy. So live and let live. If you claim to believe in God, then obey Him and allow Him be the judge. Christianity preaches love and tolerance, where in your post did you show love? He who has no sin, let him cast the first stone. Secondly, I’ve lived in Australia for over 10 years and will like for you to retract the statement calling Australians racist. The freedom that us Nigerian born people in Australia enjoy, we can never dream to have in Nigeria. So keep quiet and stop propagating lies. The same type of lies that have made a once peaceful Nigeria, a nightmare, where people from different tribes are intolerant of each other and resort to name calling at the drop of a hat. Shame on you, bigot.

[/s]

I understand where you're coming from.

A homosexual probably thinks everyone is also homosexual and it's a matter of time before all of us come out of the closet.

Whether you think I'm homosexual or not is your personal problem.

The basis of my conclusion is not based on religion or my sexual orientation which you seem to know all about.

Just jumping like kangaroo into conclusions.

Did I mention religion in my first post? Or did I tell you I'm Christian? I'm struggling here not to use any insulting words on you but you make it hard.

You think because of the fear of being labeled as one of you we'd stop condemning what's wrong?

Sexual or romantic attraction to someone of the same gender is a particular kind of psychological disorder.

Glorifying it won't change that medical fact.

Denying it means that you don't think of getting professional help. The earlier you acknowledge your problem, the faster you'll realize you need help.

Australia is a largely racist country. The fact that they tolerate you and give you crumbs doesn't change that fact either.

You think highly of them because the average African falls over himself to get a smile from a white person. So I understand your position on that.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Eriokanmi: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2021
Before you go for that interview, check your past events on social media, delete those found to be offensive to the western world. Even after getting the visa, check yourself. Visit Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc in case you're a social media person and delete the deletable before flying. I got to POE in DC some years back and my phone was grabbed by the CBP who checked my Facebook and WhatsApp chat messages. As I had nothing to hide, i just took a seat and allowed them have enough time to play with my phone lol. Eventually, all I heard was, sorry for the delay sir. We're just doing our job. Have a nice day sir. Naxo I commot airport, pick uber and zoom off.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by DWJOBScom(m): 8:27am On Sep 14, 2021
Morningblues:
She has the right to be homophobic, same way the country also have the right to deny her entry. If you hate LGBT people what are you doing in a country that respect and protect them.

Homophobic Nigerians want to leave this country to Canada and other countries where LGBTQ people have rights? You don't like your countries & want to protect your culture again?

Let be mindful of the things we type here please. It might be used against us tomorrow.

Let her try Iran,Iraq and Afghanistan or Kenya, those are homophobic countries. They would accommodate her

You are wise

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by bukatyne(f): 8:27am On Sep 14, 2021
Morningblues:
What do you think.

What do I think?

That the ungodly system of the world is working hard to ensure that everyone is at least sympathetic to their demonic beliefs.

I wonder if an homosexuals posted disadvantages of heterosexuality, it would be dubbed at heterophobia: a word which obviously doesn't exist while there are many gays who 'hate' straight people.

Also, I can hate homosexuality (the act) without hating the people who practice it. Just how we hate stealing, lying, murder etc. and everyother vice according to our moral compasses without hating the perpetrators.

I am sure that not every one in Australia (if story is true) supports homosexuality.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by altteemy: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2021
MajorOvakporaye, NLPoliceWoman. Guys pls remember the spirit of espirit de corps.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by bukatyne(f): 8:29am On Sep 14, 2021
blaise26abj:

Political correctness is what will destroy this world . People don’t see the contradictions . She has a right to voice her opinion based on her beliefs . Judging her on that right because her beliefs is contradictory. If an atheist says on social media that's there is no God and all people who worship God are delusional ,?will he/she be denied visas for theophobia?

cheesy

You are jumping the gun.

The first question should be:

Is 'hate' for God and religion a crime?
Is 'hate' or disapproval of heterosexuality a crime?

Etc.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by jaxxy(m): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2021
Morningblues:
She has the right to be homophobic, same way the country also have the right to deny her entry. If you hate LGBT people what are you doing in a country that respect and protect them.

Let her try Iran,Iraq and Afghanistan or Kenya, those are homophobic countries. They would accommodate her

Are there no homophobics in same Australia? They should free her ooo. Aslong as it wasn’t offensive or hateful I see no problem with having a different opinion or belief and saying so.

Australia is behaving like Taliban right now. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by bukatyne(f): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2021
Midas01:
There's nothing bad in putting your opinions out there. Since they're denying our people visa on homophobic issues then Nigerian Govt need to start denying pro LGBT expats visas too.

Rubbish

cheesy grin

Abi?
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by kevoh(m): 8:31am On Sep 14, 2021
It takes less than three minutes for a bot to run through your posts on Twitter. If you think posts you made years ago will have been forgotten, well, you must have been living under a rock!
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by DWJOBScom(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:
[s][/s]

I understand where you're coming from.

A homosexual probably thinks everyone is also homosexual and it's a matter of time before all of us come out of the closet.

Whether you think I'm homosexual or not is your personal problem.

The basis of my conclusion is not based on religion or my sexual orientation which you seem to know all about.

Just jumping like kangaroo into conclusions.

Did I mention religion in my first post? Or did I tell you I'm Christian? I'm struggling here not to use any insulting words on you but you make it hard.

You think because of the fear of being labeled as one of you we'd stop condemning what's wrong?

Sexual or romantic attraction to someone of the same gender is a particular kind of psychological disorder.

Glorifying it won't change that medical fact.

Denying it means that you don't think of getting professional help. The earlier you acknowledge your problem, the faster you'll realize you need help.

Australia is a largely racist country. The fact that they tolerate you and give you crumbs doesn't change that fact either.

You think highly of them because the average African falls over himself to get a smile from a white person. So I understand your position on that.

Another wise post
And I agree with the psychological disorder
It's comes with its own level of depression and health challenge.
People blame it on scorn cast by who see it as a disorder but it's disturbing even to the crew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by dfrost: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2021
daddytime:
Serves her right.

Since she's homophobic, what is she going to find in a country that respects and accommodates homos?

Hypocrites as usual.

My exact thought. You don't a meal but you want to be friends with the same chef that prepares the meal.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2021
Mynd44:
Nigerians are funny. You hate LGBTQ+ community yet want to go to countries that support and promote them.

Why not go to countries that support your views and are not at risk of "God's wrath"?
Yeah same way muslims that consider others infidels see those infidel's country as their safe haven when their country boils!
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2021
daddytime:
Serves her right.

Since she's homophobic, what is she going to find in a country that respects and accommodates homos?

Hypocrites as usual.

Keep quiet there.

How is she homophobic?

So people can't air their opinions again?

Must everyone support homosexuality simply because everyone wants to be politically correct?

She should write to them and ask them to shove their visa in their dirty dick-ravaged ass.

She'll get in somewhere else.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by MrJackBills(m): 8:38am On Sep 14, 2021
You hit it hard
Morningblues:

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 14, 2021
Mynd44:

This is ignorant though.

What makes you think any country's citizenry is 100% in support of LGBT?

Simply because there's a worldwide conspiracy and agenda to push that doesn't mean it's totally supported.

You think there aren't millions of Australians who hate homosexuals?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Lakenaira: 8:40am On Sep 14, 2021
And nobody is saying you shouldn't speak your mind but just know that if you want to go for a scholarship in the west your application would be turned down asap.
MajorOvakporaye:

Keep kwayet there!!!

You should shut up if you don't have anything reasonable to say! If you like ban me, na you sabi. I speak my mind no matter who you think you are

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2021
DWJOBScom:

Another wise post
And I agree with the psychological disorder
It's comes with its own level of depression and health challenge.
People blame it on scorn cast by who see it as a disorder but it's disturbing even to the crew

I have video documentaries of transgenders who totally regret what they did to themselves.

They are all over YouTube.

Yet, you see parents getting hormone blockers for their 5 year old kids.

God!

People are truly sick and they be glorifying their illnesses.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Decency2020(f): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

Keep kwayet there!!!

You should shut up if you don't have anything reasonable to say! If you like ban me, na you sabi. I speak my mind no matter who you think you are

God bless you for this courage. Nairaland membership is not an achievement, ban on it means nothing.

Let him kiss his ass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by kevoh(m): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2021
Bar1941:
They are crazy, they can't force their sick orientation on everyone. Even in their country their are people who are homophobic, are they going to chase them out of the country for that? The lady should try elsewhere, the place is not meant for her.
Try elsewhere? grin grin grin She's blacklisted already! It will be hard for her to get into other western countries with similar opinions! She can try Afghanistan though tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Caterpillar Accident Hits Agulu, Anambra State - Pictures / BRT Driver Faints While Driving In Oshodi, Lagos (photos) / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.