Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post (33891 Views)

ATTENTION: Teachers, Nurses, Others Can Now Get Australian Visa In Just 3 Days / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by cescky(m): 9:36am On Sep 14, 2021
daddytime:
Serves her right.

Since she's homophobic, what is she going to find in a country that respects and accommodates homos?

Hypocrites as usual.

Shut the Bleep up homo...

Rhe people in European nations do they all support homos?.. Local no sense Nigerians.

Newton85:
Nice one. One can only hope many of these homophobic Nigerian clowns will get more of this treatment. I wonder why these hypocritical cretins want to travel to places where homosexuality is legal. I mean, why do you homophobic cretins in Nigeria want to go to places you regard as so-called "Sodom and Gomorrah"? Kudos to Australia. More of this.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nathan2016: 9:37am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:

This is ignorant though.

What makes you think any country's citizenry is 100% in support of LGBT?

Simply because there's a worldwide conspiracy and agenda to push that doesn't mean it's totally supported.

You think there aren't millions of Australians who hate homosexuals?

Yo are right. There are many people who doesnt support the act in Australia but having opinion about it might put the person in trouble.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by BigDawsNet: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Exactly.

Thirty three years in the USA and I never met an Hausa man. Met lots of muslims from other countries but no one from northern Nigeria.

That's tru .. cheesy they are not common
But I know of a lady in Bronx, she's hausa woman ... My dad usually communicate/greeting with her in Hausa language when both of them metup at the subway

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by iammolise(m): 9:40am On Sep 14, 2021
There are two types of people on the cyber space; Those that are there looking for information and knowledge, and those that are there chasing people and clout.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2021
Nathan2016:

Yo are right. There are many people who doesnt support the act in Australia but having opinion about it might put the person in trouble.

And why shouldn't anyone entertain a contrary opinion anywhere in the world?

Are they running a Gestapo style government in Australia?
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by daddytime(m): 9:45am On Sep 14, 2021
cescky:

Rhe people in European nations do they all support homos?.. Local no sense Nigerians.

Dingbat

It's easy to see how you wake the people who brought you to the world to be a curse upon them up from the bed every morning.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by chibuzorlouis(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2021
sometime ago.a man,gave an advice saying...that we should check all our social-media post.and delete,all messege that might not go down well, with other people.becouse it might be tag,as a hate-speach.therefore using it.to deny you a visa at the embassy.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by DWJOBScom(m): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:

I have video documentaries of transgenders who totally regret what they did to themselves.

They are all over YouTube.

Yet, you see parents getting hormone blockers for their 5 year old kids.

God!

People are truly sick and they be glorifying their illnesses.

They never listen
The right thing has messed them up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by HarryDuce(m): 9:55am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:

First, is there anything in my post that suggested "Bible" or "Christianity"?

Or did you just jump � into the conclusion that only Christians are against homosexuality?

Second, my reference to "live and let live" isn't as a result of intolerance but the fact that LGBT people use that as a way to push their agenda in our faces.

The mind-your-business attitude of most people when it comes to sexuality is the reason the world is where it is today.

While I'm not advocating for mob action against LGBT people, they shouldn't be encouraged to change the natural order of things...for the sake of humanity.

People say things like, "it doesn't matter who they have sex with as long as they are both consenting adults". Yet these same civilizations have laws that prohibit incest.

Isn't that hypocritical?

If a grown daughter decides to have sex with her father, using the same principle, why should the law care?

Same thing for mother and son and siblings.
At the bold, where is the world today?
And where do you picture when you say this? Nigeria or the west? When you answer this, Know that there is no live and let live in Nigeria as it is.

Now on incest, I know you don't care about it and you're using it as a talking point, but I'll engage. Incest is not illegal per say (although some form of it is). The age of those in the relationship is always a factor. Where it is illegal in a sense, is where it involves a ward and their parent because It starts out at pedophilia and grooming in most of the cases. Those are crimes by on their own right ordinarily.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by caandi: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2021
Lubbish! End time
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by ghettochild(m): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2021
This serves her well..
Nigerians and their morality.
Our criticism of everything is too much
It's even good they are doing this to us...checking our social media accounts.
Maybe we go learn to be tolerant of all these things we consider nonreligious or unNigerian.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nathan2016: 10:02am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:

And why shouldn't anyone entertain a contrary opinion anywhere in the world?

Are they running a Gestapo style government in Australia?

They value human right and most of all, the rights of minority group. If your opinion contradicts it, then they dont want you in their country. It is as simple as that. They have fought and still fighting for equal right for everyone that is a citizen of Australia.

Let the person be homophobic outside their country and if you are in their country or a citizen of Australia, you can be homophobic, just dont have a boss who is not and promotes the LGBT right.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Newton85: 10:03am On Sep 14, 2021
cescky:

Dear Nigerian homophobic hypocrite, why do you want to go to Australia, Canada or any other Western countries where homosexuality is legal, since you don't want it in your hellhole called Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by SunshineHQ(m): 10:04am On Sep 14, 2021
Nathan2016:

And as a Country, they dont want her to come and continue her views in their own country. Let her go to countries that promote heterosexuality na.
Simple. u carry so much hate for them and want to travel to a country that supports them? the hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by EgunMogaji2: 10:14am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:

You should also advise the Australian government to exile all their "homophobic" citizens with immediate effect.

Why should I tell a sovereign country what to do with her citizens?

Immigration is a privilege not a right.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by EgunMogaji2: 10:15am On Sep 14, 2021
winterfell007:

If you don't support it, don't bother migrating to countries that support it

It’s really that simple.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by EgunMogaji2: 10:18am On Sep 14, 2021
Newton85:
Dear Nigerian homophobic hypocrite, why do you want to go to Australia, Canada or any other Western countries where homosexuality is legal, since you don't want it in your hellhole called Nigeria?

Or clamor for products made by companies led by and who supports LGBT grin

They use iPhone to post against them while the CEO is openly gay. Wear the clothes designed and branded by mostly LGBT.

The longer I stay in Nigeria the more I believe that many are roaming that are clinically mentally dislodged.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by themanderon: 10:26am On Sep 14, 2021
God will always make a way for her. Those devil worshippers and homo lovers can keep their evil to themselves. Everyone should have a choice. You can choose to love homos but you should not be denied the right not to love them. This world is totally messed up. It's little wonder that they have started introducing little school children to that perverse demonic lifestyle.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by DeBoyNewton: 10:38am On Sep 14, 2021
That's why I'm not a fan of excessive posting on social media.
One post can ruin everything you've worked for.
I'm planning on disabling all my social media accounts and focus on WhatsApp and Nairaland. This social media life isn't for me.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by ModelLook(m): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2021
Some people have used their words to destroy their own destiny even here on Nairaland.

Be mindful of what you post.

Do u know that some of us will just be on our own and some American women will just locate us on Social Media talking relationship and ready to send us good money.

Na we go come dey form dey give them.

Your post can attract people (your helpers) to you.
Your post can drive people (your helpers) away from you.
These people go through our Profiles.

Let and Let Live.

Mind what you post.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Bar1941(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2021
kevoh:

Try elsewhere? grin grin grin She's blacklisted already! It will be hard for her to get into other western countries with similar opinions! She can try Afghanistan though tongue

Depending on what she wrote anyway, if she only expressed her personal opinion, religion orientation cum African traditional norms and values as the reasons behind her view I don't think they can persecute her further on the matter. Chimamanda expressed similar view sometimes ago though she stated she is not against them and heaven never fall as a result. Except the lady in Question overreacted then.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by RazorEdge: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2021
It's beginning to manifest gradually. If you don't accept the Mark, you cannot buy or sell. Very soon, anyone who hates LGBT would be discriminated against. I am not shocked.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by foreverproduct: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2021
Abeg stay in your country na. Must u travel?
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Newton85: 10:57am On Sep 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Or clamor for products made by companies led by and who supports LGBT grin

They use iPhone to post against them while the CEO is openly gay. Wear the clothes designed and branded by mostly LGBT.

The longer I stay in Nigeria the more I believe that many are roaming that are clinically mentally dislodged.
Exactly. Awon hypocritical werey!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2021
Nathan2016:

They value human right and most of all, the rights of minority group. If your opinion contradicts it, then they dont want you in their country. It is as simple as that. They have fought and still fighting for equal right for everyone that is a citizen of Australia.

Let the person be homophobic outside their country and if you are in their country or a citizen of Australia, you can be homophobic, just dont have a boss who is not and promotes the LGBT right.

You obviously don't know anything about the Australian government.

It is understandable as most black people think that the West is a paradise, free of vices and challenges.

Do you think if the lady denied a visa was an American or a British, they would deny her visa? (Americans and Brits probably don't need visas to enter Australia, I'm just giving an hypothetical situation here).

The human rights you mentioned doesn't extend to those who hold contrary views to the issues of homosexuality, does it?

Otherwise why shouldn't the lady be able to express her views without someone in the visa office getting ticked off, after all it wasn't as if she asked people to kill gays or called for their lynching.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Why should I tell a sovereign country what to do with her citizens?

Immigration is a privilege not a right.

Wrong.

Immigration is not a privilege.

It is a right actually.

People emigrate for various reasons ranging from survival to education.

It is your right to apply for visa anywhere in the world and it is the right of that country to deny you entrance into their country WITH SUFFICIENT REASONS.

The fact that you hold a contrary opinion on a subject matter isn't sufficient enough reason.

Do you suppose an American, Canadian or Brit who holds the same opinion as that lady would be denied entry into Australia too?

Puhleeezze...
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 14, 2021
[quote author=HarryDuce post=105800650]

At the bold, where is the world today?
And where do you picture when you say this? Nigeria or the west? When you answer this, Know that there is no live and let live in Nigeria as it is.

Most people who haven't traveled think that everything's right on the other side.

You don't even know that in some of these so-called developed countries, people are claiming to be whatever they want to be, not just even gender related. You could claim yo identify as a puppy or a kitten just to evade tax. Most of these European countries be doing the most.

Because tax for men is higher than for women, many guys are seriously considering identifying ad gender neuters. Or even females.

Now on incest, I know you don't care about it and you're using it as a talking point, but I'll engage. Incest is not illegal per say (although some form of it is). The age of those in the relationship is always a factor. Where it is illegal in a sense, is where it involves a ward and their parent because It starts out at pedophilia and grooming in most of the cases. Those are crimes by on their own right ordinarily.

Obviously you don't know what you're talking about, do you?...

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 14, 2021
DWJOBScom:

They never listen
The right thing has messed them up

Until it's too late for them.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by HarryDuce(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2021
[quote author=TripleOh7 post=105803149][/quote]This is treading into hogwash territory. You should click on the link in the screenshot and do some reading for yourself. Na you no know wetin you go screenshot.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2021
MiamiePizza:
I've heard stories like this lotta times and I swear I've borrowed myself sense from all this stories. I've heard stories about people being asked to log into their Facebook at embassies to check their activity.
This doctor's case is just what can happen when village people is following your matter on a 5G wireless network smiley scholarship and has been on this for 3yrs like wtf
I hope others learns from this... Let's try to respect others Religious beliefs, Tradition,

Sexuality, Job and TRIBE!!
Skull miners/Ewedu republic, Ipob/drug traffickers, Cow republic, Zoo, cownu, all this tribalistic terms should stop. The person you're fighting today might be your Godsent helper... Our own no go spoil o #peace

What if you don’t have an fb account?
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by UTILITYMAY(m): 11:24am On Sep 14, 2021
Crossroad1:
;Dcheck the moniker
grin grin grin
Now I see!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

155 Nigerians Stranded In Russia After World Cup Return Home(photos) / Japa: Nigerian Elite’s Disconnect From Reality – The Segun Agbaje Example / Driver Breaks LASTMA Official’s Leg (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.