Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post (33893 Views)

ATTENTION: Teachers, Nurses, Others Can Now Get Australian Visa In Just 3 Days / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2021
Lakenaira:
And nobody is saying you shouldn't speak your mind but just know that if you want to go for a scholarship in the west your application would be turned down asap.

And you think everyone in the "West" supports homosexuality?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by blaise26abj(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2021
bukatyne:

cheesy

You are jumping the gun.

The first question should be:

Is 'hate' for God and religion a crime?
Is 'hate' or disapproval of heterosexuality a crime?

Etc.
Hate for God ? No. Disapproval of religion ? No. Hate for a particular religion and it’s followers ? YES
Disapproval of heterosexuality cannot and should not be a crime . Hate should be . If I say I disapprove of someone’s life choices based on my beliefs/religion , does that constitute a crime ? If I say “kill them” , that is a crime . So why should I be judged on based on my disapproval ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

If this is true then I salute the Visa Officer. It was a fantastic decision that should even include a ten year ban.

Hopefully more countries follow these steps on more criminal posts. These are crimes of morel turpitude.

You should also advise the Australian government to exile all their "homophobic" citizens with immediate effect.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by MuchAdo: 8:48am On Sep 14, 2021
And so

Is Australia heaven

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by TWLifestyle: 8:49am On Sep 14, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Be mindful of what you post online, but I don't think she committed any grave offence though.
not to you since you are most likely homophobic yourself . As someone said above - she should have tried Iraq , Iran, Afghanistan - where she can mix with homophobic people like herself.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by MuchAdo: 8:49am On Sep 14, 2021
LGBT will NEVER be entertained in Nigeria... tongue
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by McStoic(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2021
Morningblues:
What do you think.

So painful. But God will reward her. She didn't do anything wrongly before God even though before men she is being judged harshly. Whatever will be will be...
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by lkillbrokehoes: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2021
TWLifestyle:
not to you since you are most likely homophobic yourself . As someone said above - she should have tried Iraq , Iran, Afghanistan - where she can mix with homophobic people like herself.
Who's this one
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Patroit1989(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2021
daddytime:
Serves her right.

Since she's homophobic, what is she going to find in a country that respects and accommodates homos?

Hypocrites as usual.

Some Nigerians are the most ignorant hypocrites on this planet. I met a guy in a certain country who I knew that he was a yahoo man not even boy because he is almost 40 years… so we went to get a hair cut and it was this gay guy that was doing the hair… man swore he will never enter that shop because of the gay guy… I asked him why, he said he will never allow himself to be touched by Ndi Ogwugwu oge (end time folks)…. I was surprised because this same guy has told me how he milked a white woman dry through romance scam… made her sell her house. This is the reason Nigeria as a country is where it is… our people choose there own sin….

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by OkuFaba(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2021
Lanretoye:
that person is constituting nuisance,im sure he isn't even as righteous as most of us here.
lol... I tire for that guy matter.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Reference(m): 8:58am On Sep 14, 2021
Na. As long as it is not hateful or resentful I will speak according to my conscience if it is broadcast worthy. My conscience is worth more than a scholarship or any such interests. I do not pretend and if they felt she could not be admitted what makes her think she would survive there anyway. She would either live there in torment but with a smile, having her conscience bufetted everyday or join them to make peace.

For a Christian the road is even clearer. We expect such persecutions because of our faith but the rewards for righteousness are worthmore than any scholàrship, employmeñts, positions, contracts, etc. We are not trying to survive. We have won.

And I do suspect that her worries are an indication she is a free thinker having just a morality gene but these end times there will be no demilitarized zone between light and darkness. What will be left is ungodliness face to face and threat to threat with righteousnes. So I advice folks here, you will be a victim to the degree you are spiritually unarmed, you lack the right backing and what purpose you fight for.

So in my clear opinion, homosexuality is a sin, period. Anyone offended by this statement is free to discriminate which the Aussie authorities are doing. It won't stop me from becoming whom I am meant to be.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:58am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:
Crap

First, don't believe all Twitter stories. Most of them are for clout chasing.

Second if it's true, then you should understand that Australia is a deeply racist country and any opportunity they have to deny you a visa, they will.

Third, homosexuality is evil. EVIL

There's nothing like "live and let live" here.

Don't mind shallow Nigerian. When did being homophobic become a crime? They just used it against her in their racist mentality which is well documented.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by HarryDuce(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2021
bukatyne:

What do I think?

That the ungodly system of the world is working hard to ensure that everyone is at least sympathetic to their demonic beliefs.

I wonder if an homosexuals posted disadvantages of heterosexuality, it would be dubbed at heterophobia: a word which obviously doesn't exist while there are many gays who 'hate' straight people.

Also, I can hate homosexuality (the act) without hating the people who practice it. Just how we hate stealing, lying, murder etc. and everyother vice according to our moral compasses without hating the perpetrators.

I am sure that not every one in Australia (if story is true) supports homosexuality.
Well, no one knows whether or not she'll assault a random gay person by virtue of her belief; whether verbally or physically. Lying, stealing, are crimes against a chattel or as the case may be. They're actions against a third party that puts them in apprehension or fear. There is no comparison. It's the reason why they often result to lynching of the perpetrators. Saying we don't hate the perpetrators is a lie and I'm sure you know that.

A random gay person you do not know smooching with another random gay person you do not know does not make you seek cover for your life or deprive you of any valuable.

I believe they should've picked their battles though as she should at this point that she's been denied a visa.

If the story is true, there are many other conservative countries that will accept her seeing as she didn't threaten violence. Countries like China and a few Eastern European nations come to mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by ppogba: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2021
You do not know if village people are following you until you travel out or attempt to travel out.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by naturefellow(m): 9:01am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:
Crap

100%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 14, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Don't mind shallow Nigerian. When did being homophobic become a crime? They just used it against her in their racist mentality which is well documented.

That's right.

Are the Australian authorities ready to swear that all Australians are in support of LGBTQ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Tonnyray: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2021
I'm homophobic. No apologies. Nothing will ever change that.
Nothing any faggotty country has to offer me that I lack right here anyway.
Twisted lot.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by erubati: 9:10am On Sep 14, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

Keep kwayet there!!!

You should shut up if you don't have anything reasonable to say! If you like ban me, na you sabi. I speak my mind no matter who you think you are
Say whatever u have to say,we just don't take it to heart cus it's coming from a scorned woman
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by LofiLogic: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2021
Morningblues:
She has the right to be homophobic, same way the country also have the right to deny her entry. If you hate LGBT people what are you doing in a country that respect and protect them.

Homophobic Nigerians want to leave this country to Canada and other countries where LGBTQ people have rights? You don't like your countries & want to protect your culture again?

Let be mindful of the things we type here please. It might be used against us tomorrow.

Let her try Iran,Iraq and Afghanistan or Kenya, those are homophobic countries. They would accommodate her

Na simple english dey hard una. She was not being homophobic in anyway. She was giving reasons why people should not engage in rainbow stuffs, she showed no sign of hate or prejudice to them. So what u guys are saying is if I give reasons why you should not smoke it means I automatically hate smokers bah. Let's stop this stpid reasoning abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by OmoEpe(m): 9:14am On Sep 14, 2021
Is Australia the kingdom of heaven?

God will relocate her to some where better. Why do you think she can't emerge the world best even in Nigeria
She needs to realise that God's plan for her at this time isn't Australia

God still has her back
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by HarryDuce(m): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2021
TripleOh7:
Crap

Second if it's true, then you should understand that Australia is a deeply racist country and any opportunity they have to deny you a visa, they will.

Third, homosexuality is evil. EVIL

There's nothing like "live and let live" here.
Isn't the bold contradictory?
I think She should've been let in as she didn't threaten violence or level insults. That's the definition of "live and let live". Except you're insinuating she should take action by assaulting every gay person she comes across? She does not need to hide the fact that she is conservative in her view of homosexuality.

You should also understand that many countries are becoming increasingly secular. The Bible is not a threshold of morality for governing their states (as should be the case). So what you deem unacceptable, will not be criminalised by them because no one is hurt by their activities especially not a third party. It very simple to understand really.

If the story is true of course.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by JudeAfoo(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2021
It's her opinion on the matter. The world is gradually silencing a side while promoting another side. When people who support same sex can talk openly and publicly then why silence those oppose such ideology? Why declare her as homophobic simply because of her view? Is everyone living in Canada in support of same sex marriage? Why are they admitting only those who are in support of same sex? There's a huge flaw in our world with this one sided wokeness

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Newton85: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2021
Nice one. One can only hope many of these homophobic Nigerian clowns will get more of this treatment. I wonder why these hypocritical cretins want to travel to places where homosexuality is legal. I mean, why do you homophobic cretins in Nigeria want to go to places you regard as so-called "Sodom and Gomorrah"? Kudos to Australia. More of this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nathan2016: 9:23am On Sep 14, 2021
Humanoid01:

What makes him a m o r o n?

Because he dont understand the opportunities the lady missed.

You cant compare Australia to Nigeria and if he was in her shoe, he probably wont be going to church for thanksgiving. And what is TF with gaining the world and keeping your soul BS?

This year alone, two of my friends have been kidnapped and ransom paid. Is this the world I should be going to church for thanksgiving. Economy keeps falling, currency keeps devaluing, insecurities, fanatics keeps growing, etc.

\

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by cmecproblem(m): 9:24am On Sep 14, 2021
That's a tough price to pay for social media LIKES.
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by seborrhic: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2021
Truthissupreme:
Hypocrite

You didn't add Muslims japaing to kufir Christian countries

What makes Dubai Islamic?

You mean a British colony that was built on western values as vacation spot for all

Atleast it's vacation people go to Dubai for, but Muslims go to Christian countries to completely relocate with their families evading Islamic insanity
That person u quoted has never had sense.
Wonder how such a dullard became a mod on nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by JohnDazzy: 9:27am On Sep 14, 2021
Old news
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2021
HarryDuce:
Isn't the bold contradictory?
I think She should've been let in as she didn't threaten violence or level insults. That's the definition of "live and let live". Except you're insinuating she should take action by assaulting every gay person she comes across? She does not need to hide the fact that she is conservative in her view of homosexuality.

You should also understand that many countries are becoming increasingly secular. The Bible is not a threshold of morality for governing their states (as should be the case). So what you deem unacceptable, will not be criminalised by them because no one is hurt by their activities especially not a third party. It very simple to understand really.

First, is there anything in my post that suggested "Bible" or "Christianity"?

Or did you just jump � into the conclusion that only Christians are against homosexuality?

Second, my reference to "live and let live" isn't as a result of intolerance but the fact that LGBT people use that as a way to push their agenda in our faces.

The mind-your-business attitude of most people when it comes to sexuality is the reason the world is where it is today.

While I'm not advocating for mob action against LGBT people, they shouldn't be encouraged to change the natural order of things...for the sake of humanity.

People say things like, "it doesn't matter who they have sex with as long as they are both consenting adults". Yet these same civilizations have laws that prohibit incest.

Isn't that hypocritical?

If a grown daughter decides to have sex with her father, using the same principle, why should the law care?

Same thing for mother and son and siblings.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Miosendyin: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2021
As most Muslims hate USA yet love China and Russia who doesn't give space for other religion. Muslims hate USA and yet many Muslims want to travel there and even force USA to impose sharia law.. Una dey try

Mynd44:
Nigerians are funny. You hate LGBTQ+ community yet want to go to countries that support and promote them.

You hate Islam yet you want to travel to Dubai for vacation.

Why not go to countries that support your views and are not at risk of "God's wrath"?
Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Nathan2016: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2021
Iykenuwa:

If only you know how daft you sound! Is Australia or America all about homosexuality or perversion?

If I want to come to your house, does it mean it is because of the footmat on your doorstep, and no other reason?

Those country have fought for minority right and still fighting it. They dont want anyone to come with that ideology to their country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post by Kazim88: 9:33am On Sep 14, 2021
Front page of this thread was captured by gays and lesbiand in less than 10 seconds.

Ironically the more things change the more they remain the same.

The fall of "Roman Empire" is slowly been re-enacted again and country like China and Russia is fast emerging world leaders.

The west is trying so hard to sell the narrative that made being a straight male or female is abnormal but homosexuality, transgendering and pedophilia is normal and liberating.

And Africans are quick to drop their conviction and embrace rubbish just to go and be a slave in a developed country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

155 Nigerians Stranded In Russia After World Cup Return Home(photos) / Japa: Nigerian Elite’s Disconnect From Reality – The Segun Agbaje Example / Driver Breaks LASTMA Official’s Leg (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.