Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? (35520 Views)

Bachelors, How Do You Manage Marriage Pressure? / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by merieam16(f): 7:12am On Sep 14, 2021
zexy2030:

I do none of these. The loneliness is not fun.

The way some people comment here ehn..humans are difficult sha.

Don't just miss your time. The effects may stare at you forever.
hmm..would like to know more
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by KiNg0G: 7:17am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:
When I was taking my kids to their grandpa few days ago to spend the remainder of their holidays I was so happy! Coupled with the fact that my wife was also traveling the following day, my joy knew no bounds. Finally the peace and freedom I craved was here!

This weekend my home didn’t feel happy! It was sad and lonely. I felt cold loneliness throughout. I tried everything I could to distract myself but I miss my family so bad!

I miss our little quarrels, our eventual understanding and acceptance of each other using truce keeping.

I miss their mum badly. This made me wonder? How do older bachelors cope in this very lonely world? Una dey try o... respect.
you are a weak man

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by RodgersAkpafu: 7:18am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Merely seeing friends/family that are married then Bachelors know what they are missing
I have a very close friend who is a 43 year old bachelor and he has turned my kids to his kids...

Dude calls me way ahead of time to discuss how he would celebrate my kid’s birthday (without asking for his help o)

We (Me and wife) tried hooking him up a lot of times but he was very choosy. The last girl we hooked him up with (That appeared to be perfect. 24 year old Young lawyer Who just finished law college) he said she had incision at her back and that was it...

He confided in me sometime ago that he envies me a lot, and that he knows something is missing in his life, which is having a family.

Reason he had been treating my family like his.

Truth is: Bachelor’s know they are lonely, and they miss having a family.
The bolded is not true
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by litaninja(m): 7:29am On Sep 14, 2021
Problem here is you are assuming for everyone. Not everyone needs or desires the companionship you're talking about. Some people want to be alone.

Nigerian married people constantly talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by debbydams(f): 7:38am On Sep 14, 2021
mirinder:
me am thinking of two. One boy and one girl.
toor
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by bukatyne(f): 7:44am On Sep 14, 2021
Fiscus105:
Red piller association, they hate women yet they can't do without women , they lamenting on issue pertaining to women on secondly basis .

They hate institution of marriage yet they want children. Kids that would be eventually raise by single parent and beome problematic to the society the way they themselves lost out.

cheesy grin
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by bukatyne(f): 7:50am On Sep 14, 2021
Humanoid01:

It's not a must to own something and lose it before you realize what you've lost. Sometimes we just feel some kind of emptiness inside of us and we know that we're missing something.

To some, that feeling doesn't linger, to others it lingers and goes deeper until they begin the search for the fulfillment of their cravings. We're just wired like that, no matter how we try to hide it.

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Modecaih: 7:50am On Sep 14, 2021
To be candid I want kids but don't want a wife,, don't like women not gay though..
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Raalsalghul: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2021
LastProphet:

Nothing is missing is because of the low IQ society we blacks live in, travel out once to a developed country and you will start to understand that you are not only here to give birth to offsprings as pastors that fail WAEC want to make everyone believe. Stop watching upper iweka movies made by half baked graduates

Your gba gbos dey make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by bukatyne(f): 8:06am On Sep 14, 2021
ahnie:
Old overused male bachelor's I'm here to greet you people.

Una Weldon o

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See you fuelling the fire.

Most single people (men & women) feel 'lonely' when their inner clock tells them it is 'time' to marry.

What curbs that loneliness for most is complete dedication to the service of God e.g. Reverend Fathers/Mother's etc etc.

Marrying the wrong person is another set of problems though; more complex than the loneliness of singleness.

Then it becomes jumping from frying pan to fire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Seyong10(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Merely seeing friends/family that are married then Bachelors know what they are missing.

I have a very close friend who is a 43 year old bachelor and he has turned my kids to his kids...

Dude calls me way ahead of time to discuss how he would celebrate my kid’s birthday (without asking for his help o)

We (Me and wife) tried hooking him up a lot of times but he was very choosy. The last girl we hooked him up with (That appeared to be perfect. 24 year old Young lawyer Who just finished law college) he said she had incision at her back and that was it...

He confided in me sometime ago that he envies me a lot, and that he knows something is missing in his life, which is having a family.

Mhmm.. DNA is important tho.lol
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Funkybabee(f): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2021
vickydevoka:

He is not mocking anybody. C. Ronaldo is a bachelor. He doesn't have a wife. So life is a function of Individual

The way you see things is different from mine Biko I have right to ask him a question and I don't give a modafuck about anyone been single

Like u said it's a personal decision but using a stylishly insultive to address some people because of decision is what am asking him for.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Maghan37: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2021
Me although not 43 Years old. I have just too many hobbies to feel lonely such as movies, good books, video games, etc. I bearly free time from work to worry about loneliness.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Truthsoldier(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2021
;DTruth be told...
This marriage thing is not for everybody o
The society would want to make you look like if you are not married you are having a medical,mental or even spiritual problem like we see in this part of the world,but that's not always the case,there are some reasons why some persons may decide not to marry;
1.Insecurity concerning the other gender
2.Wrong philosophy about the other gender
3.Previous heartbreak and past experiences
4.The issue of religious celibacy
5.Addiction to work,purpose and pursuit of vision which may take a toll on the person if such a person didn't put a relationship in the picture
6.Excessive pressure which produces a counter reaction

But anyways marriage is never biblically compulsory but optionated,it is never a must one would marry,if you can be happy staying alone and single then go ahead,but if you are going to find yourself misbehaving better go and marry.

My humble submission

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by RodgersAkpafu: 8:40am On Sep 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The friend you described is not every bachelor out there and every bachelor out there is not like your friend at all. undecided
Yup
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Sagefromtheeast: 9:16am On Sep 14, 2021
Aurelius1:
You forgot to add wanking to ease konji.

Naaaa... that's sacrilegious to the sanctity of bachelorhood grin
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by debbydams(f): 9:27am On Sep 14, 2021
zero824:

SPEECHLESS �
hum mm it is well
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by DEMZEE(m): 9:38am On Sep 14, 2021
Kingd6th:
Be real man ...

Women are needed for sex, reproduction, fun, leisure and recreation purposes
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Sunnydoo: 10:18am On Sep 14, 2021
duduade:

At what age...

Is it when im 41

It's never too late to do the right thing.
Return back to God genuinely in total repentance and let Him fix your life.
Similarly, ask Him the source of your problem in your fasting and prayer time and all shall be revealed to you.
Who can do it best as the Creator?

He will give u the best and the remaining years of your life shall be filled with joy and peace.

So, let your age move you back to God and not force u to human alternatives.

Your testimony shall lift souls if you follow the instructions. You can keep in touch if u want.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Emeka71(m): 10:46am On Sep 14, 2021
ahnie:
Old overused male bachelor's I'm here to greet you people.

Una Weldon o
You try.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by zexy2030(m): 10:56am On Sep 14, 2021
merieam16:
hmm..would like to know more
Work?Lost my job 2months ago, flex? Broke n indebted; womanize? My babe got married to another guy. It is well.that's the brief.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by foreverproduct: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2021
Family is everything
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by ahnie: 11:03am On Sep 14, 2021
Emeka71:
You try.
Jesus!!!
grin grin grin
Wetin I do nau....I just come greet them.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by gforce5: 11:03am On Sep 14, 2021
This lad is trying to guilt trip older bachelors into marriage lol. Don't fall for it. Only get married because you want to get married. Not because of loneliness or what society says. It's just crazy that all Nigerians talk about is marriage, kids and church/mosque. No social activities outside those things.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by merieam16(f): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2021
zexy2030:

Work?Lost my job 2months ago, flex? Broke n indebted; womanize? My babe got married to another guy. It is well.that's the brief.
owwh...so sorry about that, better days ahead.Be positive

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by adez2016(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Merely seeing friends/family that are married then Bachelors know what they are missing.

l can relate. it is well
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Arsenate(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2021
LastProphet:

. My younger friend is 45 never married and not missed one bit of fun, he's been rich for over 20 years and obviously traveled more than you or all those that support you. See if you go and ask Don Jazzy in private if he's lonely his true answer might confuse you. Pls there's farrrrrr more to life than that your tiny happy family, my dear some people are preparing for the one-way Mars trip as we are typing so you see is about your background, your exposure. I can bet you have very low ambition like most black people.
Just a genuinely awesome comment, boss, and I agree with everything except the emboldened. Some people do have low ambitions and that's perfectly fine, as far as I'm concerned. Not everyone is cut out for high ambitious pursuits, and some just think is best for their mental health if they lead a simple life.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Kobojunkie: 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
dfrost:
You just confirmed what the op wrote. No need for surrogacy. Don't hire nannies or caregivers.

What does the older bachelor (in op's voice) need a child for? cheesy

Op, you sef mind yourself. Is it your bachelorship? sad
So you are of the mind that bachelors are all selfish beings who isolate themselves from humanity in some way?

Nothing wrong with a bachelor adopting kids and raising them as his own. After all he/she is not heartless and has love to give to those who need it. undecided
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Klass99(f): 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Dybala11(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
Abiababe:
Where are the older bachelor's oooo shocked shocked
What of the older spinsters too? grin
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by LastProphet: 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2021
Arsenate:

Just a genuinely awesome comment, boss, and I agree with everything except the emboldened. Some people do have low ambitions and that's perfectly fine, as far as I'm concerned. Not everyone is cut out for high ambitious pursuits, and some just think is best for their mental health if they lead a simple life.

Hahahaha, but mind you those like the OP are the majority due to the failed educational system, it's just unfortunate

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Marriage Is Stressing Me / Man In Search Of Ghost Finds Girlfriend Sleeping With Son / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.