Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? (35509 Views)

Bachelors, How Do You Manage Marriage Pressure? / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by CanadaOrBust: 11:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
vicksbaba:

True happiness is the ability to find peace and satisfaction in ones own company. Once you start depending on other people's presence to become happy, then you're truly lonely. The test of happiness is a very simple question; "when I'm all alone, do I really feel happy?" If yes, then you're truly happy

Wow!!!

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by LastProphet: 12:07am On Sep 14, 2021
Crucialgem:
Yes they do other thing, yes they engage in societal activities but still yet, there is that vaccum that needs to be filled, and once a while it really grips them. I am younger bachelor though but there are times I just feel something is really missing

Nothing is missing is because of the low IQ society we blacks live in, travel out once to a developed country and you will start to understand that you are not only here to give birth to offsprings as pastors that fail WAEC want to make everyone believe. Stop watching upper iweka movies made by half baked graduates

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by MisterMan123456: 12:15am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Merely seeing friends/family that are married then Bachelors know what they are missing.

I have a very close friend who is a 43 year old bachelor and he has turned my kids to his kids...

Dude calls me way ahead of time to discuss how he would celebrate my kid’s birthday (without asking for his help o)

We (Me and wife) tried hooking him up a lot of times but he was very choosy. The last girl we hooked him up with (That appeared to be perfect. 24 year old Young lawyer Who just finished law college) he said she had incision at her back and that was it...

He confided in me sometime ago that he envies me a lot, and that he knows something is missing in his life, which is having a family.

Reason he had been treating my family like his.

Truth is: Bachelor’s know they are lonely, and they miss having a family.

My guy check well oh, DNA test loading for your side grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Kingd6th: 12:17am On Sep 14, 2021
Be real man ...
DEMZEE:
Wen u focus on ur self and ur goals, loneliness is invisible to you
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by enemyofprogress: 12:18am On Sep 14, 2021
Let me ear from vickyrotex, fatymore, funjosh, ajepako, notoriousbabe, myynd44, bola146, funkebabee, folake4u na dem be the full time singles on nairaland
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Johnsown1(m): 12:21am On Sep 14, 2021
lilvicky68:
Older bachelors won't feel anything..they are used to it..
You can't miss what you don't have..

You can't miss what you don't have

4 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Rhu4xce: 1:03am On Sep 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The friend you described is not every bachelor out there and every bachelor out there is not like your friend at all. undecided

thats actually true

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Pharaohny: 1:14am On Sep 14, 2021
Wether you like it or not we are not entering that bindage called marriage

Say no to marriage
Say no to marriage
Say no to marriage
Say no to marriage
Say no to marriage

4 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by greenie77: 1:59am On Sep 14, 2021
bilulu:

na so e just easy....

For those that see marriage as bondage, that's an alternative so that there will be no wife or baby mama drama.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Judybash93(m): 2:13am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

Merely seeing friends/family that are married then Bachelors know what they are missing.

I have a very close friend who is a 43 year old bachelor and he has turned my kids to his kids...

Dude calls me way ahead of time to discuss how he would celebrate my kid’s birthday (without asking for his help o)

We (Me and wife) tried hooking him up a lot of times but he was very choosy. The last girl we hooked him up with (That appeared to be perfect. 24 year old Young lawyer Who just finished law college) he said she had incision at her back and that was it...

He confided in me sometime ago that he envies me a lot, and that he knows something is missing in his life, which is having a family.

Hasty generalization. You only know one bachelor or maybe many but do you think that's enough to conclude that "bachelors are lonely"?

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Judybash93(m): 2:14am On Sep 14, 2021
debbydams:
he needs companion

Why?
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Ishilove: 2:41am On Sep 14, 2021
Must be really tough for them.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by streamsofjoy(f): 2:54am On Sep 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The friend you described is not every bachelor out there and every bachelor out there is not like your friend at all. undecided

See them SMH
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by bilulu(m): 3:13am On Sep 14, 2021
greenie77:

For those that see marriage as bondage, that's an alternative so that there will be no wife or baby mama drama.
yea it's an option but considering how Nigeria is, alot won't go into it... forget all the wokeness, alot still holding to tradition and stuffs.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by greenie77: 3:48am On Sep 14, 2021
bilulu:

yea it's an option but considering how Nigeria is, alot won't go into it... forget all the wokeness, alot still holding to tradition and stuffs.

Good to know.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by IkemChris(m): 4:15am On Sep 14, 2021
grin grin grin my brother we dey manage ooooo.... Me if I enter this my house na to just go carry my bed come parlor put am for ground, spread my leg yakata and sleep ooooo I no get energy to dey count ceiling again

3 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by kay29000(m): 4:46am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:
When I was taking my kids to their grandpa few days ago to spend the remainder of their holidays I was so happy! Coupled with the fact that my wife was also traveling the following day, my joy knew no bounds. Finally the peace and freedom I craved was here!

This weekend my home didn’t feel happy! It was sad and lonely. I felt cold loneliness throughout. I tried everything I could to distract myself but I miss my family so bad!

I miss our little quarrels, our eventual understanding and acceptance of each other using truce keeping.

I miss their mum badly. This made me wonder? How do older bachelors cope in this very lonely world? Una dey try o... respect.

You're used to your family, they have become part of your life... That's why you were feeling that way. I can't miss what I never had. Get it?

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by kay29000(m): 4:49am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

So you're using your friend (one person) to judge how bachelors think and feel?

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by kay29000(m): 4:52am On Sep 14, 2021
Jerryherd:
Honestly you can't miss what you don't have

When am in my parents house for vacation the kids , neice and nephew actually chase me out quickly... So much energy 24/7 , no filter, noise, never ever letting you stay in peace no matter what, you are just another toy to them and you must just be available

Lol
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by dfrost: 5:14am On Sep 14, 2021
greenie77:

Why marriage? When a man can get surrogates to have children for him, pay them off after birth, hire nannies to be care givers....so you see, he does not need to get married. wink

You just confirmed what the op wrote. No need for surrogacy. Don't hire nannies or caregivers.

What does the older bachelor (in op's voice) need a child for? cheesy

Op, you sef mind yourself. Is it your bachelorship? sad

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by zexy2030(m): 5:56am On Sep 14, 2021
merieam16:
like work, flex and womanize
I do none of these. The loneliness is not fun.

The way some people comment here ehn..humans are difficult sha.

Don't just miss your time. The effects may stare at you forever.

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by TemmyT002(m): 6:02am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:

I beg to differ sir!

There is no way they won't be lonely, especially the ones who are not virgins among them.
They are humans na, haba.
They will see what is happening around them. They will see their married friends posting pictures on social media and they will watch that attachment and commitment too.
Go to saying sites and see many of them desperate there

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by sylve11: 6:19am On Sep 14, 2021
lilvicky68:

Valid! cool
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Paramount01(m): 6:35am On Sep 14, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
Thank God I'm still a young bachelor cheesy

Well, I just have this feeling that the op is trying to compel older bachelors to go and marry......But my dear older bachelors, don't listen to op,he no know wetin he dey talk about lipsrsealed

what is your age bracket
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Rubbiish(m): 6:36am On Sep 14, 2021
AfroKnight:

Thank you my brother.
Kobojunkie is a lady!
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by derbykol(f): 6:44am On Sep 14, 2021
Paramount01:

what is your age bracket
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by ogawisdom(m): 6:45am On Sep 14, 2021
Oblongata:
When I was taking my kids to their grandpa few days ago to spend the remainder of their holidays I was so happy! Coupled with the fact that my wife was also traveling the following day, my joy knew no bounds. Finally the peace and freedom I craved was here!

This weekend my home didn’t feel happy! It was sad and lonely. I felt cold loneliness throughout. I tried everything I could to distract myself but I miss my family so bad!

I miss our little quarrels, our eventual understanding and acceptance of each other using truce keeping.

I miss their mum badly. This made me wonder? How do older bachelors cope in this very lonely world? Una dey try o... respect.

Lol
How does anyone feel loneliness in this social media era?

How do you feel loneliness if u are not broke with so many babes a phone call away n several other things to do.

Loneliness means being broke

Oga u are broke and lack ideas not lonely

4 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Tzar(m): 6:55am On Sep 14, 2021
I do, because I experienced true bliss while it lasted for a few years. But the truth is that 70% of couples (especially in Nigeria) don’t get that ‘bubblyhome’. At a point, they hate each others guts & don’t look forward to going home.
I watch a lot of my ‘married’ male & female’ friends & colleagues live a sad miserable life & that makes me not miss my time married. Most of these people are very successful & have successful partners. Some even start using their kids against one another. Both parties cheat at every opportunity.
For me, marriage may be suitable later in life, when my age & that of my kids willl require me to want long term companionship & I will then look for a partner who falls in the same category.
For now, the torture I experienced being married is still very real to me.

AutoChick4U:
You don't miss having that bubbly home? Someone to come home to?

2 Likes

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by Tzar(m): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2021
You are too blunt & carnal for my liking! � LOL!
But your logic is almost watertight!

ogawisdom:

Lol
How does anyone feel loneliness in this social media era?

How do you feel loneliness if u are not broke with so many babes a phone call away n several other things to do.

Loneliness means being broke

Oga u are broke and lack ideas not lonely

1 Like

Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by NOBLE179(m): 7:11am On Sep 14, 2021
we are in it together. I can't wait for my family to return.
Re: Older Bachelors How Do You Cope With Loneliness? by RodgersAkpafu: 7:11am On Sep 14, 2021
lilvicky68:
100%

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Different Types Of Nigerian Mothers (MEME COLLECTION) / My Marriage Is Stressing Me / Man In Search Of Ghost Finds Girlfriend Sleeping With Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.