Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? (44785 Views)

Careers Of Women That Turn You Off As A Man? / Women, What Do Men Do That Turn You Off? / "These Cucumbers Are Better Than 90% Of Men" - Lady Says, But Gets Blasted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2021
As long as you're not doing anything illegal such as stealing, picking/loading/yahoo/wiring of funds/yahoo, rituals etc then I'm good (some people make the aforementioned career choices).
Also, anything that'll make us see once in 20 years no go too go for me because it's not always so easy for one parent to raise kids.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Kajaard: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
Let's be truthful to ourselves, we all have that careers of men that immediately turn us off on finding out. Mine goes thus:
- Anything media is a big turn off, Bankers, The ' I work from home' groups, Teachers, Bitcoin traders and other Internet businesses, Car dealers.Please add yours, no insults.

Rozz, Zzor, Rozcol when will you have sense? An ordinary student without a job of her own looking down on hardworking career professionals. Pitiful.

3 Likes

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Omonoba1: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Most Nigerians have messed up mindsets and extreme ignorance, once you tell them that you work from home, what automatically comes to their mind is "yahoo yahoo".

It's a waste of time arguing with such type of people, it's better you ignore them in their pool of ignorance.

exactly. Nigerians just want to see you killing yourself going to work lol.

2 Likes

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by SmartyPants(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
pocohantas:
1) Car dealers: These ones would drive different cars they want to sell and won’t let you hear word of how they have OWNED a million cars. Majority are very fake.

2) Contractors: What exactly are you contracting? Everyday it is stories and mood swings. They haven’t signed his proposal, blablabla. When money comes, they will just spend it voom. Two weeks later, back to square one.

3) Any illegal job, including the ones that have been normalized (e.g) yahoo boys.

4) Politicians and pastors.

I will pick Baba Saliu the Kazeem or Chukwuma the okporoko seller before the aforementioned men. Not like it matters, but you asked. wink

This is particularly funny because I know a guy like this and it never ceases to amaze me how he swings from boom to bust.

1 Like

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by freesoul12: 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
I trade stocks and indices for living. Still earns from gigs as a freelancer.. My girl loves me dat way. U wont know d kind of liberty dat comes wit ü be in charge of your earnings.

1 Like

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Oyin2212(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
dingbang:
Lmao.. Jobless people dey get turned off by people making a living.
grin
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Oyin2212(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
Who want to turn OP on before? grin grin grin grin
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by musa7m(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
Doradorwa:
I'm actually doing some of those jobs that turn the Op off. I'm a crypto trader, I work from home because of my online jobs for some forums. I'm mining the internet for money to the fullest extents. Anyways whatever rocks our boat sha
yahoo yahoo spotted

3 Likes

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by zinaunreal(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
Do NIGERIAN bannies really care to know the career of men these days? All they care for is the money lipsrsealed. We dey see them for nairaland on a daily basis na undecided.

grin most are just stupid. So far funds are leaving your pocket on a regular they don't give a damn
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Omonoba1: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Imagine, the same Bitcoin trading that's your turn off, I've earn millions, thousands of dollars from it from Jan to this month
Don't mind the Op. I got into crypto from a thread that was created here early 2017 and that has been the best thing to have happened in my life. God bless Satoshi.

1 Like

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by philip0906(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Nchabuomo:

This is just shallow! How can someone's source of livelihood turn you off? Are you a fool or an idiot or rather both?

Someone doing a legitimate business, trying to make their life better is a turnoff because of the nature of the legitimate business.....

Naa your sense no complete. It's one thing to even think about it, it's another thing to put it in a public forum.

I work from home group ....Lool .. you are actually daft!

And I don't mean this as an insult, you have an internet enabled phone, use it to get some education. Goodluck!
What is this man? That post shouldn't trigger you. As men, we have the kind of women we are attracted to and those who's "career" is a red flag or a turn off for us. For some men, they'll never be seen with actresses, hotel receptionists or bar tenders because they consider it a turn-off and red flag. It's same way, women have the right to be turned off by certain careers for men.

The OP's post is addressed to the female folks, I wonder why the men here are triggered by it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Semaj77(m): 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
Let's be truthful to ourselves, we all have that careers of men that immediately turn us off on finding out. Mine goes thus:
- Anything media is a big turn off, Bankers, The ' I work from home' groups, Teachers, Bitcoin traders and other Internet businesses, Car dealers.Please add yours, no insults.

If you're getting turned off by any legal job then you're a big turn off to me

1 Like

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by zicoraads: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
Can you marry a female banker,video vixen or stripper?
What do you know about banking that you keep harping on it?
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by leketon: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
chatinent:

We may not like the work sb does, yes, it's normal..but understanding that your liking it or disliking it doesn't count should help us to stop expecting much from the lives of others.

Do you know how many hours I have to stay in the scorching sun to sell three rolls of sausages in the competitive road of Lagos traffic?

I have to come back sometimes with ₦400 and ₦50k worth of insults from drivers, and generational curses from cyclists who I often double-cross to sell my gala?

Do you see how rich I am to be worried about how others like me?

I pray! May God send helpers to you soon...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by FODA(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
for whatsoever ur hand findeth ,do it with ur whole heart,so far it pays bills,I m turn on already .
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by nelson1199(m): 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2021
And you went to school?
You just wasted your certificate, years and effort in school.
Kinda of woman that says las las na husband house I go end up.
Women are making great strides outside. And you’re here happy to be a full house wife. Smh
Iyaebe:
Anything wrong in been a housewife?its a whole work itself, I bet you don't have an idea.

1 Like

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Angelfrost(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
lol.Can you marry a banker as wife?

Why not?!!! A person's career should never define the person.

What if you meet the guy in your "choice career" and he ends up being a monster?!!

2 Likes

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by zicoraads: 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
Anyway, the post asked ladies about careers of men that turn them off. So, I'll keep my opinion to myself.

2 Likes

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by BItt: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Atleast being a pastor isn't one of them
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Imagine, the same Bitcoin trading that's your turn off, I've earn millions, thousands of dollars from it from Jan to this month
Brother show me small love make I use manage for TP to work.. As injustice get small work I dey use manage body.. Everyday TP 400 for ph
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by pocohantas(f): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
RexTramadol1:

What do you mean by baba Saliu the kazeem?

Kazeem na name na

Kazeem refers to your uneducated roadside mechanic. smiley

SmartyPants:

This is particularly funny because I know a guy like this and it never ceases to amaze me how he swings from boom to bust.

I have seen enough of them. I didn’t just type because I want to. They are like that MOST times. Guys shouldn’t even be triggered by this post. It is what it is. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by chatinent: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
larryjonze:

no lie, do you hawk around maryland roundabout ...i bought gala from one guy yesterday n he disappeared with my #100 pretending to go look for change. the thing really pain me i spent the whole night cursing him and i will go to church on sunday to continue from where i stopped. if its you just confess jejely

I don't steal. I sell honestly.
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Nchabuomo: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
philip0906:

What is this man? That post shouldn't trigger you. As men, we have the kind of women we are attracted to and those who's "career" is a red flag or a turn off for us. For some men, they'll never be seen with actresses, hotel receptionists or bar tenders because they consider it a turn-off and red flag. It's same way, women have the right to be turned off by certain careers for men.

The OP's post is addressed to the female folks, I wonder why the men here are triggered by it.

I'm not triggered. As man, if your turnoff is someone else's source of livelihood (legitimate) then you and that girl dey the same Whatsapp group and perhaps need some more education.

Livelihood o wetin person dey use chop and live dey turn you off...Lol Okay
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by Myself2(m): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
Iyaebe:

Who be this one ?
Are you a learner ?
Guys with all those careers toy mentioned above are the same ones girls and ladies are dying to have relationships with, even marriage.

Whaaaat ? Know ye not that one man's meat is another man's poison ?

You are there naming hot attractive, legitimate businesses. Even MC Oluomo whose profession could be described as touting and thuggery, with his three or so wives, I can bet you so many ladies are still eyeing him
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by KingRex1(m): 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by chatinent: 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Nairobi33:

God bless you mate. Are you really a hawker though or is it a figure of speech? Your written is good and way better compares to average Nigerian graduate.

I'm a University school dropout, and yes, I hawk gala.
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by chatinent: 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
leketon:

I pray! May God send helpers to you soon...

That's always on my morning prayers.

1 Like

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by leketon: 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Lol. It feels somehow sha. And really uncomfortable. I mean, people are just out there trying to live and do something, I will now ''sit down'' to be talking about whether me, I find what they are doing attractive or turning me on? Like. Ki lo kan aye? grin It leaves a judgmental taste in my mouth somewhat. I don't feel like I have that right.

Matter of fact, I think there's a 'shaming' undertone to it - it's just my opinion. Because I'd feel unsettled too if guys started talking about how women who hawk and sell agbos, okrika tops or wigs or are career women who travel around the world, models, actresses and lawyers turn them off. I'd even be the no.1 fighter in such a thread... I mean, what's their business with women's works? Women who do not give a fk about them? I don't know how the fine line between preferences and shaming can be towed, though. I guess it's the former the OP had in mind.

This sister is talking sense abeg....
Please I like to be your friend, your too matured and caltured.
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by jendoslim(m): 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
HenryDion:

The bolded proves that you're dumb.

I work 100% from home, and I make what you'll never make in 5 years in just one month.

Please learn, cause only then can you earn!

Baba, show me the way abeg
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by emsco(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mumu thread
Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by musa7m(m): 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
Iyaebe:
We are not talking about my occupation here.
I think you're still in your early 20s and you still dey chop mummy thank you....by the time you hit 25 to 30 year ...you start to see different

1 Like

Re: Careers Of Men That Turn You Off As A Lady? by philip0906(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
Nchabuomo:

I'm not triggered. As man, if your turnoff is someone else's source of livelihood (legitimate) then you and that girl dey the same Whatsapp group and perhaps need some more education.

Livelihood o wetin person dey use chop and live dey turn you off...Lol Okay
Oh please! Preferences are based off personal experiences, upbringings, value systems, world view & societal effects. E.g Some women would turn down sailors because they had experiences growing up and saw how the women were taking care of kids with the man away from home for weeks, if not months. This shapes their perceptions and they would never say "Yes" to sailors. Does that mean other women won't get married to sailors? Or that sailors are not legitimate?

It's same way for men too. I personally would never ask a girl who sells boxers, pants, shoes on whatsapp or Instagram under the guise of entrepreneurship out. Infact, the moment you can't tell me what exactly you do (blue/white collar job), I cut the conversation. This is my personal preference and does not in any way mean other men won't find such women attractive or give a hoot about their careers.

Bottomline is, we all (you included) reserve the right to make our preferences and women too, sure possess same rights to a yes/no based on the career of the suitor.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Some Lies Most Ladies Wants Us To Believe About Them / Bisi Alimi: "I Have Never Had Sex With A Woman At 42 But I Dated 3 Girls" / Men Please Stop Deceiving Yourselves, You Will Choose Beauty Over Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.