Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses (30099 Views)

Ruin By Online Loan App, Don't Know How To Break Free / Traders Lament Over Low Patronage In Onitsha Market (Photo, Video) / Have Fraudsters Invaded The BVN System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Fabulouslouie(m): 11:29am On Sep 16, 2021
What a thread!!!
I don laff belle scatter

Abeg where righteousness
Abeg where slawormir

Fraud is fraud

5 Likes

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by odaniel1(m): 11:33am On Sep 16, 2021
I'd want to blame it on the state of the economy. As someone stated in the early pages, the Naira is a weak currency.
These individuals are paid in foreign currency. Anyone that earns FX appears to be a Yahoo professional. Take, for example, my fur slipper-wearing neighbour in Oniru, who has bling-wearing bfs/gfs coming ard making loud raucous noises in the name of 'loosening up' or 'having fun.' I used to think of her as a G-girl, too, before we got to know each other and I realized she works remotely and earns in dollars. Baby girl is soft and in funds.
You're all correct on the negative consequences of fraud (the general/wrong assumption that everyone from this geographical divide is involved, the fact that they patronize businesses that contribute to inflation of prices with no regulatory control).
Again people, purchasing power @ work.

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Lokojatoofar: 11:34am On Sep 16, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
So pocohantas is even 43 embarassed
She is mature like fine wine cool
Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by kokoboy4life(m): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2021
30naira:

Aunty, no vex, but it's the gospel truth. I'm 28, have a decent job, earn around 250k a month. Getting a decent girl for a healthy relationship is hard, believe me I have tried. The ones you meet will expect you to compete with yahoo boys. Like I can comfortably take care of a woman, but I'm not going to buy a phone worth my 2 months salary, it makes zero sense to me.
At the end I'm labeled 'stingy'. The average Nigerian lady, expecially the Gen Z and millinials want to date fraudsters, that's the simple truth. They don't care how the money comes, as long as you can buy iPhone.

I rarely comment on here, but I need to do this for you. I will advise you to change the circle of female friends you mingle with, we have many Nigerian guys that do not earn up to your salary but they do have a steady relationship. Try to go for sensible lady that will aid your career progression not someone that will be draining your finances in the quest of you being a responsible guy. Shalom.

6 Likes

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Angelfrost(m): 11:36am On Sep 16, 2021
seanjy4konji:
Sure....Go and tell dem atiku and dino melaye,obasanjo,Tiubu,Dasuki,Stella oduah and co....dem full Vgc and ikoyi,,,,the end is justifying the means in their mansions and rolce royces while you type crap with your android phone up and down.

We have been calling them out, and will continue to do so... But, that is beside the point here.

My point is simple (In case you missed it): If you wish to be a criminal, go ahead and be one... Don't waste your time deceiving yourself trying to justify why criminality is right especially because your leaders are criminals.

There is no justification for crimes! None whatsoever!!!

7 Likes

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Angelfrost(m): 11:38am On Sep 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

To them.... Imported goods are better than the ones produced here

Yeah... Quality variations have been largely or widely reported, but this shouldn't be the case for excessive importation against exportation.

We can even compel the producers to improve on them.
Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Lokojatoofar: 11:39am On Sep 16, 2021
30naira:

Aunty, no vex, but it's the gospel truth. I'm 28, have a decent job, earn around 250k a month. Getting a decent girl for a healthy relationship is hard, believe me I have tried. The ones you meet will expect you to compete with yahoo boys. Like I can comfortably take care of a woman, but I'm not going to buy a phone worth my 2 months salary, it makes zero sense to me.
At the end I'm labeled 'stingy'. The average Nigerian lady, expecially the Gen Z and millinials want to date fraudsters, that's the simple truth. They don't care how the money comes, as long as you can buy iPhone.
I laugh when guys who are managing themselves decide to go for women who think they are all that because they are beautiful or whatever and then the guys turn around to say they can't find good women. Mr man, find a level headed girl and stay well with her. Many men don't want to stay at their level. The way you clam good girls are hard to find, it's same way women claim that serious and monogamous men are scarce in Nigeria yet women would not be pardoned if they do crime to get and keep a man. Many of you will not even look twice at a good girl. Mr man, people who are poorer than you are getting married every saturday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by drsibz66(m): 11:40am On Sep 16, 2021
pocohantas:

Don’t mistake me for your sister, Sir.

Nigeria is not even the poorest country in the world, so I wonder why the presence of yahoo boys would be the reason MANY can feed. Do yahoo boys run NGOs or what?

As usual, blame everyone but themselves. It started right from the garden of Eden when God asked Adam why he was hiding.

You mean a man, the SUPERIOR and LOGICAL gender. The gender that God created in his own image. Decided to go into CRIME, risking his life, freedom and reputation, because women (not forgetting their fish brains) are entitled?

More nonsense. smiley

I actually enjoyed the response to each statement. Highly cerebral.

3 Likes

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by spirul77: 11:43am On Sep 16, 2021
udemzyudex:

Sorry for yourself, she knack you word wey make your brain reset.
who be this one again, animals wey get horns dey talk snail still dey chuk mouth. Abeg go one side make we notice better people. I mean you are so effing irrelevant in this convo
Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Hayastark: 11:44am On Sep 16, 2021
pocohantas:

Of course I am older than them and not their spec- thankfully so!

What exactly would I be doing with younglings that wear pencil jeans, graphic tees, earrings and cross-bags. Guys that hop into their ES 330 and start blasting Zlatan and Naira Marley’s music while driving like retards. Guys that give themselves nicknames like Splash-Money and Izu-Wire-Wire. Guys that sleep knowing someone is crying, maybe dead because of their actions. Guys that spend their lives evading and settling law enforcement agencies.

You mean I should be angry that these sets of guys do not find me desirable? I do hope your partner uses protection to knack you. This level of shallowness can easily pass for an STI.

Pocahontas for president. !!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by spirul77: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2021
drsibz66:

I actually enjoyed the response to each statement. Highly cerebral.
all these notice me people speaking grammar up and down here I hope the op notices all of una and respond to all your PMs, hypocritical attention seekers.
Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by udomma1005(m): 11:46am On Sep 16, 2021
pocohantas:

You are trying so hard to be offensive and I have told you not to mistake me for your sister. I don’t have yahoo boys in my circle. Except he disguises, I can’t think of what we would be doing or discussing together.

Water and oil doesn’t mix…

If it is about the money, which I LOVE, yahoo boys do not even rival some legit hardworking men. What exactly do yahoo boys buy for their green-wig-wearing-gfs? iPhone, organic cream and small handbags. Is that what you want to use and razzle a 43yrs old woman like me in 2021? Guy, behave well abeg.
I can't help but like you, just this once ooooo grin

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by zicoraads: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2021
I think you're right, but to a certain degree. Admittedly, I haven't had a lot of experience like the one you described as you hardly find them this side of Nigeria, but, maybe that businessman wasn't quite shrewd. When you look at some of the biggest clubs in Lagos, the Cubana clubs and the like, I think you'll also find that some of their biggest customers are yahoo boys. Doesn't mean they ignore those who also patronise them, and who are earning their pay legitimately like you and your friends.

So, I am more inclined to think any business that crashes shouldn't really be about the yahoo boys who once came around in droves, and have suddenly left. The business owner was never shrewd in the first place.

PS: I enjoyed the exchange on the first page. grin

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by udomma1005(m): 11:50am On Sep 16, 2021
Hayastark:

Pocahontas for president. !!!!
Another like for you, my female friend grin

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by zicoraads: 11:50am On Sep 16, 2021
udemzyudex:

Sorry for yourself, she knack you word wey make your brain reset.

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by freeman67: 11:50am On Sep 16, 2021
pocohantas:
Years back yahoo wasn’t something people wanted to be associated with, in first person or third person sef. Now it has been normalized and in the long list of the justification for yahoo, there is this one that stands out- YAHOO BOYS HELP THE ECONOMY AND SMALL TO MEDIUM SCALE BUSINESS. This is supposed to make us appreciate them right? Interesting.

They kill the economy more with their heartless actions. Reaping where they did not sow and rendering responsible useless.
Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by udomma1005(m): 11:52am On Sep 16, 2021
pocohantas:

What exactly would I be doing with younglings that wear pencil jeans, graphic tees, earrings and cross-bags. Guys that hop into their ES 330 and start blasting Zlatan and Naira Marley’s music while driving like retards. Guys that give themselves nicknames like Splash-Money and Izu-Wire-Wire. Guys that sleep knowing someone is crying, maybe dead because of their actions. Guys that spend their lives evading and settling law enforcement agencies.

You mean I should be angry that these sets of guys do not find me desirable? I do hope your partner uses protection to knack you. This level of shallowness can easily pass for an STI.
Another like for you, my female friend grin
That Izu-wire+wire gat me choking on my food, I won't forgive you madam grin

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by zicoraads: 11:52am On Sep 16, 2021
pocohantas:

3 Likes

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by drsibz66(m): 11:53am On Sep 16, 2021
spirul77:
all these notice me people speaking grammar up and down here I hope the op notices all of una and respond to all your PMs, hypocritical attention seekers.

When someone does something in a manner that impresses you, it not wrong acknowledging their action. This person is actually very good with the use of words. I can almost feel the strength and emotions behind the words.

4 Likes

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by TemmyT002(m): 11:55am On Sep 16, 2021
Those useless boys have made everything so expensive.
They are not helping any economy.
Clothes, shoes, accommodation have become expensive because people want to 'chop' out of their ill-gotten money.
The fools buy iPhones every time they successfully scammed an oyinbo man or woman.
Two weeks later, they are borrowing money again

3 Likes

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by TemmyT002(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
Just say you are a yahoo boy and save face than writing these epistles.Dem go catch you one day sha

Amen

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by zicoraads: 11:56am On Sep 16, 2021
Omo, how I take miss this thread since morning? grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by naturefellow(m): 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
Bellfun:
Very true!

Not only for businesses.. But also for other individuals!

House rent is now on the rise cos of these guys(they can pay millions for accommodation) and the greedy landlords expect all other tenants to pay up too(not minding the fact that people don't have the financial muscle to compete with G boys).
you nailed it.

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by naturefellow(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
Just say you are a yahoo boy and save face than writing these epistles.Dem go catch you one day sha
playing devil's advocate
Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by naturefellow(m): 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2021
BigJoe19:
4million naira or dollars, funny you. Where is oriental lol, Palazzo Versace hotel or nothing else.
hushpuppi's intern

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by mema900: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You are living in a different world.

So who were the people buying all these things before yahoo boys became popular?

Or you think say na only yahoo boys dey buy all the things you mentioned

I said they are major customers.
Then in the past, some of these things are bought by politicians(who are still yahoo boys)

What i am saying is, the major profits from these things comes from them
Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Mcdreamy15: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
pocohantas:

cheesy E choke cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
pocohantas:
What exactly do yahoo boys buy for their green-wig-wearing-gfs? iPhone, organic cream and small handbags.

O ja mi lara je grin
Pitifully, the concerned are wasting away on Insta & Snapchat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Angelfrost:
Well, that business killed itself not necessarily "Yahoo Imbeciles"!

You don't lower your standards of conducting business all because you meet nouveau riche people... That's business indiscipline!

You ought to work to keep your main clientele while attracting new ones, cos at the end it is the regulars that will keep the business afloat.

This principle applies to all forms of business!!!

I love your level of intelligence. I was surprised with how the Op blamed yahoo for ruin of a business centre abi na eatery, that she knows. Should we blame runsgirls for the increase in t.fare of Uber?

Is she saying all hotels patronised by Yahoo boys end up losing on the long run? Does she even realize more businesses are making money from them than the ones she visit that are "conveniently losing money?"

Woooooh make we leave matter for Matthias, not all business owners are business-wise, some just have money to invest.

Side note: Pity my club small in the football section. Make una no dey enter us like that, na beg I beg
Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by GetMeRight: 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2021
pocohantas:
Years back yahoo wasn’t something people wanted to be associated with, in first person or third person sef. Now it has been normalized and in the long list of the justification for yahoo, there is this one that stands out- YAHOO BOYS HELP THE ECONOMY AND SMALL TO MEDIUM SCALE BUSINESS. This is supposed to make us appreciate them right? Interesting.

You didn't read one report here some months back about how they're causing inflation of micro economy? That's, they're causing serious inflation of goods and services in their various local communities and environments. From land to house renting to clothes and foot wears, to cars and electronics and so on. They're paying more than the value of goods and services they want, thereby causing problems for other customers.

Bellfun:
Very true!

Not only for businesses.. But also for other individuals!

House rent is now on the rise cos of these guys(they can pay millions for accommodation) and the greedy landlords expect all other tenants to pay up too(not minding the fact that people don't have the financial muscle to compete with G boys).

Exactly what that report said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by BornRicch(m): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You are living in a different world.

So who were the people buying all these things before yahoo boys became popular?

Or you think say na only yahoo boys dey buy all the things you mentioned

Are you for real kid! Don't you see how young boys are buying cars everyday? Would you compare it to back in the days when only the rich and average men buy cars? Yahoo is a hobby. Karma is for the gullible like you because no one cares. Is either right or wrong, zero or one, true or lie, live or die. Make your money and stop hating.

1 Like

Re: How Patronage By Internet Fraudsters Ruin Businesses by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
TemmyT002:
Those useless boys have made everything so expensive.
They are not helping any economy.
Clothes, shoes, accommodation have become expensive because people want to 'chop' out of their ill-gotten money.
The fools buy iPhones every time they successfully scammed an oyinbo man or woman.
Two weeks later, they are borrowing money again

You're very right. Most boutiques now expect you to pay like their Yahoo customers do. Those guys just dey waste money,,, all in the name of designers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The 10 Most Innovative Sources For Getting Good Business Ideas / POS For Business: How Stringent Is Your Bank's Conditions? How Else To Get POS? / Ghanaian Government Closes Nigerian Businesses In Accra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.