Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? (1508 Views)

Bride Carries Groom On Her Laps, Bridesmaids Hold His Legs For Her To Kiss Him / It Is Wrong To Ask “how Was Your Night?” – Here’s Why. / Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom At The Altar In Port Harcourt. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 9:49am On Sep 17, 2021
Some folks believe that it is wrong to kiss before marriage but they have no logical reason for holding such belief.

Do you believe it is wrong? If yes, what is the basis of your belief?

All opinions are welcomed regardless of religious disposition. The purpose of this thread is to enlighten one another.

I'll start with myself. I believe that kissing before marriage is wrong because it could lead to premarital sex which is actually wrong. I hold this belief because I am actually a Christian and the Bible says that premarital sex is an example of sin. Though kissing before marriage is not said to be a sin in the Bible, since it could lead to sin, I choose to flee from it.

What's your own opinion on the issue?
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
Tho our religion forbids us not to engage in any form of sexual immoralities before marriage,but personally I don't think I can ever buy suya from any aboki without collecting testing undecided. If the aboki say he no go gree give me the testing,fine...no wahala,but I no go buy from am, simple lipsrsealed

Sometimes it's more preferable and matured to enter a relationship with well and understandable guidelines...E get why.
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by lilvicky68(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2021
Yes.
Even hugging before marriage is a sin. Because her breast can touch you and lead you into fornication especially when it's big..

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Jerewise332(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2021
What you know it's not good why doing it?
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 17, 2021
It is very wrong, it's not only penetrative sex that's fornication,kissing and romance are part of it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Tho our religion forbids us to engage in any form of sexual immoralities before marriage,but personally I don't think I can ever buy suya from any aboki without collecting testing undecided. If the aboki say he no go gree give me the testing,fine...no wahala,but I no go buy from am, simple lipsrsealed

Sometimes it's more preferable and matured to enter a relationship with well and understandable guidelines...E get why.

Lol. Hmm. I get your point and you definitely have the right to your opinion.

But what could happen if you refrain from kissing or testing as you mentioned?

Also, is kissing classified as sexual immorality? Is it a sexual act?
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:26am On Sep 17, 2021
GoodAndGrateful:

Lol. Hmm. I get your point and you definitely have the right to your opinion.

But what could happen if you refrain from kissing or testing as you mentioned?

Also, is kissing classified as sexual immorality? Is it a sexual act?
I didn't say kissing is a sexual immorality..I only made mention of testing......If the suya ain't sweet, there's nothing that can compel me to buy that suya,not even the aboki himself undecided

Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 10:30am On Sep 17, 2021
lilvicky68:
Yes.
Even hugging before marriage is a sin. Because her breast can touch you and lead you into fornication especially when it's big..

Interesting.

Well, it's always good to know yourself and your vulnerabilities.
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 10:34am On Sep 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
I didn't say kissing is a sexual immorality..I only made mention of testing......If the suya ain't sweet, there's nothing that can compel me to buy that suya,not even the aboki himself undecided

So, if I get you right, even if you love your partner so much that you could do almost anything for her and she shares the same passion but would rather have you wait till marriage before any form of testing, you would leave her?
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Onyi22(f): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2021
cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2021
Jerewise332:
What you know it's not good why doing it?

Please, why in your opinion is it not good and how did you come to that conclusion?
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 10:43am On Sep 17, 2021
Iyaebe:
It is very wrong, it's not only penetrative sex that's fornication,kissing and romance are part of it.

Unfortunately, the dictionary meaning of fornication is an act of sexual intercourse by an unmarried person and kissing is basically a show of affection or a sign of greeting. It is not classified as fornication.
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Bolarineliza202: 11:09am On Sep 17, 2021
Kissing before marriage is not a sin,but once you know you are a type that gets an erection while kissing,it's better you don't kiss at all,just get familiar with your nature.....that's all.
So when Judas Iscariot kissed Jesus,was it recorded as a sin undecided
Obviously not!

Please don't quote me abeg,the food I ate hasn't digested grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by LLSAINT(m): 11:14am On Sep 17, 2021
There are different kinds of kisses
French, spanish, english, Indian, Jewish, Nigerian etc
The kiss is not the problem but the intention behind the kiss......
Bolarineliza202:
Kissing before marriage is not a sin,but once you know you are a type that gets an erection while kissing,it's better you don't kiss at all,just get familiar with your nature.....that's all.
Obviously not!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2021
Bolarineliza202:
Obviously not!

You made your point already and I think it's valid but I'm afraid that using Judas Iscariot's kiss as an example does not apply. Judas' kiss was a sign of greeting which is an element of the western culture. It was not an act of affection. If it was, we would have said Judas was probably gay. But that was not the case.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 11:49am On Sep 17, 2021
LLSAINT:
The kiss is not the problem but the intention behind the kiss......

Please sir, which one is Nigerian kiss? I thought kissing was originally an element of western culture.
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Bolarineliza202: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2021
GoodAndGrateful:

You made your point already and I think it's valid but I'm afraid that using Judas Iscariot's kiss as an example does not apply. Judas' kiss was a sign of greeting which is an element of the western culture. It was not an act of affection. If it was, we would have said Judas was probably gay. But that was not the case.
You are right and what you said is so significant ,but I just made use of the example because of some people that can argue like kilode.
They will argue with you in real life and they will still follow you inside your dream and argue with you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2021
Bolarineliza202:

You are right and what you said is so significant ,but I just made use of the example because of some people that can argue like kilode.
They will argue with you in real life and they will still follow you inside your dream and argue with you grin grin

smiley
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by LLSAINT(m): 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
I cannot explain it. It is better practised than explained shocked grin
GoodAndGrateful:

Please sir, which one is Nigerian kiss? I thought kissing was originally an element of western culture.
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
GoodAndGrateful:

I'll start with myself. I believe that kissing before marriage is wrong because it could lead to premarital sex which is actually wrong. I hold this belief because I am actually a Christian and the Bible says that premarital sex is an example of sin. Though kissing before marriage is not said to be a sin in the Bible, since it could lead to sin, I choose to flee from it.

What's your own opinion on the issue?
Stop dragging Bible instead these ideas if it doesn't explicitly state what you claim. undecided

Nothing Christian about any of what you have said on this. Kissing can happen between related folks and even friends. It does not lead to anything. Those who want to have sex do so they want to have sex not because they kissed. undecided

Again, dragging God down into your muck in an attempt your opinion. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
lilvicky68:
Yes.
Those claims of your have nothing to do with any of what God in fact said of sin and He is the authority as far as Sin, that which is against His commandments, is concerned. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Iyaebe:
So when friends and relatives kiss each other, they, according to you, fornicate? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by lilvicky68(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Those claims of your have nothing to do with any of what God in fact said of sin and He is the authority as far as Sin, that which is against His commandments, is concerned. undecided
I no understand..
Break it down
Abi use pidgin English grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
LLSAINT:
The kiss is not the problem but the intention behind the kiss.....
What is the intention of a kiss shared between lovers? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Stop dragging Bible instead these ideas if it doesn't explicitly state what you claim. undecided

Nothing Christian about any of what you have said on this. Kissing can happen between related folks and even friends. It does not lead to anything. Those who want to have sex do so they want to have sex not because they kissed. undecided

Again, dragging God down into your muck in an attempt your opinion. undecided

Hey, please calm down sir or ma. I can feel your aggression over the www. In fact, you sounded as if something will happen if you did not share your opinion. We are simply reasoning together here and explaining the bases.

Dearly beloved, just to remind you in case you did not notice, the kissing I mentioned here is not for greeting. So, that absolutely weakens your argument.

But, if I somewhat get you, your opinion is that kissing before marriage cannot lead to premarital sex no matter how intense or passionate the kissing is.

However, in your answer, you did not mention why premarital kissing is not wrong.

But thanks for voicing your opinion.
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by GoodAndGrateful: 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So when friends and relatives kiss each other, they, according to you, fornicate? undecided

The kissing he/she was talking about is affectionate kissing between folks in a premarital relationship. It's not the one you're talking about.
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by LLSAINT(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
You just mentioned it
They are lovers!!!!
The kiss comes from a lover's heart and it be of any kind smiley

Kobojunkie:
What is the intention of a kiss shared between lovers? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
GoodAndGrateful:
Hey, please calm down sir or ma. I can feel your aggression over the www. In fact, you sounded as if something will happen if you did not share your opinion. We are simply reasoning together here and explaining the bases.

Dearly beloved, just to remind you in case you did not notice, the kissing I mentioned here is not for greeting. So, that absolutely weakens your argument.

But, if I somewhat get you, your opinion is that kissing before marriage cannot lead to premarital sex no matter how intense or passionate the kissing is.

However, in your answer, you did not mention why premarital kissing is not wrong.

But thanks for voicing your opinion.
My "aggression" is directed at the lies you attempt to suggest are of God. God is Truth and there is no reasoning lies with Him - they are an abomination where His Truth is concerned. When you learn that simple fact of Him, you will be better able to separate your personal opinions from His mention. undecided

Kissing, whether as greeting or show of affection between lovers, is not listed by God as sin, and so it is a lie to suggest it is what it is not. undecided

By the way, I am not your beloved so don't mention me as such. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Sep 17, 2021
GoodAndGrateful:
The kissing he/she was talking about is affectionate kissing between folks in a premarital relationship. It's not the one you're talking about.
Ok, when lovers kiss , you believe them to have had sex, even if the act never even follows? undecided

So when a couple, kiss in public, you take that to mean they have fornicated? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
LLSAINT:
You just mentioned it
They are lovers!!!!
The kiss comes from a lover's heart and it be of any kind smiley
It be of any kind? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Kiss Before Marriage? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=105910477] So when friends and relatives kiss each other, they, according to you, fornicate? undecidedl[/Wquote]We have different type of kisses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'POTWEDDING': See How Lovers Traveled Literally Inside Pot To Tie Knot / How I Became Rich And Successful Because Of Revenge For My Ex / My distant Cousin bro Wants To Marry My Ex. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.