Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply (7014 Views)

Amaechi Promises 20-hours Power Supply In Rivers State By March / Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target / They Are Complaining Of 3 Hours Power Failure Once Every Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 1:58am On Jun 01, 2011
manny4life:

The day people will start thinking with their brains rather than with their hormones including you, that day we would begin to have people think outside the box. NOW get it into your thick SKULL, glorified MOFO, I am not talking about decommission or not , I'm only drilling it down your thick SKULL that heavy plants and equipments can be moved. Besides, I used that decommission as an analogy to explain that plants and equipments are moved, jeez what is wrong with the deductive reasoning of some? You telling me 12,000MW, I laugh in SWAHILI! 12 GW of Hydrogen plants, it surpassed MW and now in Giga, I laugh in SWAHILI. I have told you try and be educated, illiteracy is a borne disease, sorry ok, Is it possible? Sleep your glorified cave and don't explore the possibilities of the unknown and wait till your mini god tells you anything is possible in the world we live in. Large refinery and chemical plants are disassembled, moved in parts, Large equipments are dissembled, shipped/moved accross different modes of transport, no keep sleeping, when you wake, u will find the world u live in has left u behind.

lmao. All of a sudden, it was an analogy? And your dum.b a/s/s is still making the same rubbish and sensless argument.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Give it up and stop acting a fool.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 2:01am On Jun 01, 2011
manny4life:

LOL, you just like your bunch, they say the one eyed king is the leader of the blind. I believe that's how it's said. You warned me? about what exactly? That you just can't comprehend English or what? Feel among what? You? Don't you think I dishonor myself engaging an illiterate like you (someone who fronts they know it all yet fumble at every slight opportunity). My advice, leave NL alone, and just listen to others rather than talk. I will tell you this again; someone who listens is better than someone who talks so much because the more likely u listen than NOT, you will learn wise thing from a foolish person who talks so much.

But your dum.b a/s/s wont stop chasing me around like a bingo looking for do//y bone. I told you to f.u.c/.k off if you have nothing better to contribute right?

Ode bingo, lmao
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 2:09am On Jun 01, 2011
Banks in scramble for Lagos power project

Banks are scrambling to finance the second phase of the Island Power Project (IPP) in Lagos, The Nation has learnt.

The first phase of 10 (MW), which was funded by Fidelity Bank Plc, was launched last Wednesday by Governor Babatunde Fashola.

It was at the ceremony that the banks made a pitch for the funding of the second phase.

The first phase is powered by gas from Shell Nigeria Gas Limited.

About 114 MW are expected to be generated under the second phase, which Fidelity and FirstBank Plc are scrambling to fund.

FirstBank Managing Director Steven Onasanya told Fashola at the event that his bank is looking forward to funding the second phase.

"My governor, I can tell you that you are the only one delaying the commencement of the second phase of the Island Power Project," he said. That sent a signal that marketing for the second phase of the project has begun.

But Fidelity’s Managing Director Reginald Ihejiahi would not let go.

He replied that his bank was equally determined to fund the second phase. "I can assure you that my colleague woke up too late as long as this project is concerned," he said. The audience which roared in laughter seemed to be enjoying the drama.

Ihejiahi said the project is an indication that there are huge opportunities in Nigeria and advised other state governments to emulate Lagos. He said his bank is committed to financing similar projects in other states if the conditions are right.

"We will finance similar projects in any state that shows signs of seriousness demonstrated by Lagos Sate Government. But the conditions must also be right for us to put in our funds," he said.

Fashola during his speech tried to settle the scuffle but ended up escalating it. The governor explained that FirstBank has been around in the country for years, but was not the first comer as far as the Island Power Project is concerned.

"There is always an advantage of being the first in every environment but as far as this project is concerned, Fidelity Bank is the first to indicate interest," he said.

That also interested the audience who obviously were being entertained by the ensuing drama.

Fashola also confirmed that the Island Power Project which will, in the second phase, bring about 114 mega watts of electricity to other parts of Lagos, is part of government’s commitment to providing stable power to the people.

He said the 10 mega watts will power at least 20 streets in Lagos Island at night, State House in Marina, Igbosere Magistrate Court and General Hospitals in Lagos.

Fashola said the project will save over 46 per cent of revenues that the Lagos State Government currently spends on diesel and create healthier environment for over 17 million people living.

According to him, government has carried out a power audit in Lagos State Secretariat, Matori Business District, Shomolu Business District to enable it ascertain the power needs of these environments so that they can be accommodated when the second phase of the project begins.

He said that the exercise is part of his government’s commitment to the Federal Government’s power project, and reiterated that with the new addition to the Lagos power grid will help solve the power problem in the state. "The power that was formerly used by the people that are benefiting from the current power supply will be used by others thereby improving electricity supply in the state. It is indeed a modest beginning for Lagos State," Fashola said.

Managing Director, Shell Nigeria Gas Limited, Philip Mshelbila said his company will also support the second phase of the project by ensuring that there is constant gas supply to all the phases of the project. He said that power is key infrastructure needed to revive the economy and power key infrastructures in the state.

Fidelity Bank had last year, also financed a multi dollar can manufacturing company, (GZ Industries) valued at about $80 billion. Ihejiahi had said the GZI plant was one of the most audacious projects ever financed by his bank in recent times both in terms of scope, capital outlay and benefit to the domestic economy. He said his Fidelity Bank was delighted to fund the project because of its multifaceted benefit to the country. With an estimated installed capacity to produce about 600 million cans per annum and a daily 1.5 to 2 miilion cans a day GZI is the largest and only aluminum can plant on the African continent and compares only to CONPAC in Poland Ben in France and Rexam in Brazil.

Other notably projects financed by the Fidelity Bank include the $25 million Akute Power Plant, a 12.5 mega watts independent plant; $25 million Dorman Long Galvanising Plant at Oko-Oba, Agege, Lagos; Polo Park Shopping Mall in Enugu Kwara Mall in Ilorin; Loan syndication for MTN Group and Fidelity Agri-Nigerian Project.

The Akute Plant was financed by Fidelity Bank in partnership with the Lagos State government to ease power supply problems in the state. The project was also carried between the Lagos Island Power Project and Negris.

The Nation

Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Justcash(m): 2:12am On Jun 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

But your dum.b a/s/s wont stop chasing me around like a bingo looking for do//y bone. I told you to f.u.c/.k off if you have nothing better to contribute right?

Ode bingo, lmao

Lol. Imagine a proper Bingo calling his human master a Bingo. You are the real Bingo here. You Google, Read, Dream of how it is and boast more than people that are on ground to see and feel it. LMAO!
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 2:19am On Jun 01, 2011
Justcash:

Lol. Imagine a proper Bingo calling his human master a Bingo. You are the real Bingo here. You Google, Read, Dream of how it is and boast more than people that are on ground to see and feel it. LMAO!

See another bingo, maybe I need to go look for a do/ggy bone to give these clown, they just wont stop following me around,

Kilode gan sef? lmao
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 2:21am On Jun 01, 2011
Justcash:

Bingo, catch that bone, lmao
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 2:22am On Jun 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

lmao. All of a sudden, it was an analogy? And your dum.b a/s/s is still making the same rubbish and sensless argument.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Give it up and stop acting a fool.

Common man, is it my fault that you guys lack deductive reasoning eh?

let me rephrase for you again, here was my post just in case u have stalled memory

manny4life:

Displaying dumbness and stupidness; a power plant signifies it's name; it's called Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) in business/Engineering. If you went to school, you would have learnt of it. Yes if it needs lifting, it will be done because it belongs to the Plant and Equipment category. When plants are decommissioned, you think they just let it sit there? Perhaps, when heavy machineries are moved across from one location to the other, what do u think they do, let it sit? Mofo, it's disassemble in parts and transported to they new location where it's assembled as is. Think with those brains not with your hormones, geez what is wrong with people.

I made two distinctive comparisons here and even used the word "perhaps" to show a hypothetical, jeez English is a serious problem for Nigerians, I even went further to differentiate again;

manny4life:

Now again just in case you are SLOW, decommissioned or NOT, MONOPOLY or NOT, bottom line is if a Plant or Equipment has to be moved, whether its a 1yr old plant or 30yr old plant,  IT WILL BE MOVED, GET IT DOWN YOUR THICK SKULL NOW. I'm trying to drill it down your brain that Plants and Equipments can be moved because you asked undoubted because you did not know obviously.

I used one WORD "BOTTOM LINE" to distinguish that I was making a comparison; regardless of either events or none, if it's plants/equipments, they can be moved. Jeez why are people so SLOWWWWWWWWW, if I spoke this English to an educated adult, they will deduce right away I was making an hypothetical to what's at stake. At time, arguing with low level individuals can be frustrating.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 2:26am On Jun 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Ode bingo, lmao

Chasing you? lol, A glorified mofo? Please tell me what have you , intelligently et al contributed to the average poster here on Nairaland ? Oh please if its how u fumbled your 12GW theory of hydrogen plants, and I'm following you, looks more like I'm the one teaching you. 12GW? Can you imagine half the production of the largest producing plant in the world (three Gorges dam in China), 4 GW less than itiapu dam in Brazil, geez people throw words, megawatt, kilowatt, watts, even Gigawatt without even knowing what they stand for, can't even do the math behind it. What a shame! Given the high cost of hydrogen plants, you have very few of them around the world and that's what LAGOS has 12GW, jeez this needs to make entry to Wikipedia. I'm surprised the EKO-ILE hasn't entered it because he intimidated by his own lies.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 2:31am On Jun 01, 2011
manny4life:

Chasing you? lol, A glorified mofo? Please tell me what have you , intelligently et al contributed to the average poster here on Nairaland ? Oh please if its how u fumbled your 12GW theory of hydrogen plants, and I'm following you, looks more like I'm the one teaching you. 12GW? Can you imagine half the production of the largest producing plant in the world (three Gorges dam in China), 4 GW less than itiapu dam in Brazil, geez people throw words, megawatt, kilowatt, watts, even Gigawatt without even knowing what they stand fo. What a shame!

Talk true my friend.

Chasing me around dey sweet you for body. For writing paragraphs after paragraphs of lousy and redundant essays, you must be feeling something for body.

Hey, stop typing these silly rubbish, I'm not interested mindless garbage, try make sense a little, maybe I'll read.

Feel free to f.c.u/ck off for now,
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 2:38am On Jun 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Talk true my friend.

Chasing me around dey sweet you for body. For writing paragraphs after paragraphs of lousy and redundant essays, you must be feeling something for body.

Hey, stop typing these silly rubbish, I'm not interested mindless garbage, try make sense a little, maybe I'll read.

Feel free to f.c.u/ck off for now,

lol Dude u got yourself all f/u/c/k/e/d up, I sure hell no fagg like you so nothing will "sweet me in my body". You call that essay? Mindless garbage because you cannot prove your so-called 12GW theory, Lls, that's what I thought; Bro, it's called a regular post let me teach u now, an essay is pages long and if I was rebutt your claims, trust me as someone who writes and darn good at it at least,  Nairaland wont be enough. Now that you have done sadly enough for yourself, do what other faggs do, (turn around and stick it up in your go figure) that's what I say MF fo F/U/C/K/ yourself.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 2:50am On Jun 01, 2011
manny4life:

lol Dude u got yourself all f/u/c/k/e/d up, I sure hell no fagg like you so nothing will "sweet me in my body". You call that essay? Mindless garbage because you cannot prove your so-called 12GW theory, Lls, that's what I thought; Bro, it's called a regular post let me teach u now, an essay is pages long and if I was rebutt your claims, trust me as someone who writes and darn good at it at least,  Nairaland wont be enough. Now that you have done sadly enough for yourself, do what other faggs do, (turn around and stick it up in you a/s/s) that's what I say MF fo F/U/C/K/ yourself.

Look at this nuisance. Where you get 12GW from? Shey na delusions abi na the ganja wey you smoke, ?

Old man, abeg stop now. Must you clown yourself like a fool?

Wetin you want from me gan sef? Shey you too want do//y bone ni?

Here abeg take,

Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 3:16am On Jun 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

Look at this nuisance. Where you get 12GW from? Shey na delusions abi na the ganja wey you smoke, ?

Old man, abeg stop now. Must you clown yourself like a fool?

Wetin you want from me gan sef? Shey you too want do//y bone ni?

Here abeg take,

Lls, I don't smoke, perhaps because you smoke, that smoke has clouded your sense of thought process and reasoning and as for your bone save it when you start listening more often, you can chew on to keep time passing but at least engaging the mind and mouth onto something . There goes the same ole bullshit; deductive reasoning is quite hard for some people. Since you're using and throwing MW everywhere, you don't even know what it stand for, you should be very proud of yourself because obviously you were lost in translation not to know that 1,000MW = 1GW. Therefore, your 12,000MW hydrogen plant is a 12GW plant, crowned glorified mofo PLEASE keep up with me. I'm sorry old fagg that you're lost, and your reasoning skills is below zero. I told u before, LEARN to LISTEN more than you talk, you will learn wise things from the most foolish person. I guess we now know who is delusional more so Schizophrenic. Now here is your post refrencing the 12,000 MW Hydrogen plant.

Eko Ile:

The country is scrambling to build power stations and this clown is talking about decommission?

Where is the sense and wisdom in uprooting a 12,000MW thermal and hydrogen power plant designed for that particular location from the largest electricity market in Nigeria just to move it to another location?  

Is it even possible gan sef?

You really are dum.ber than I thought.

Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 3:24am On Jun 01, 2011
manny4life:

Lls, I don't smoke, perhaps because you smoke, that smoke has clouded your sense of thought process and reasoning and as for your bone save it when you start listening more often, you can chew on to keep time passing but at least engaging the mind and mouth onto something . There goes the same ole bullshit; deductive reasoning is quite hard for some people. Since you're using and throwing MW everywhere, you don't even know what it stand for, you should be very proud of yourself because obviously you were lost in translation not to know that 1,000MW = 1GW. Therefore, your 12,000MW hydrogen plant is a 12GW plant, crowned glorified mofo PLEASE keep up with me. I'm sorry old fagg that you're lost, and your reasoning skills is below zero. I told u before, LEARN to LISTEN more than you talk, you will learn wise things from the most foolish person. I guess we now know who is delusional more so Schizophrenic. Now here is your post refrencing the 12,000 MW Hydrogen plant.

, not this clown again.

Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 3:26am On Jun 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

, not this clown again.

Is that your best? Dude I am laughing like s/h/i/t,
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 3:33am On Jun 01, 2011
manny4life:

Is that your best? Dude I am laughing like s/h/i/t,

I'm glad you're laughing like sh/it, here, laugh some more like the sh/it that you are,
lmao,

Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 3:50am On Jun 01, 2011
Eko Ile:

I'm glad you're laughing like sh/it, here, laugh some more like the sh/it that you are,
lmao,

hehe, Dude u think I'll stoop so low to bring in doggy pictures sh/it, my friend ride on. Did u know that dogs are actually one of the most intelligent mammals and happiest? Now u see why I'm laughing, well at least I'm laughing, real men (excepts faggies) don't "laugh their a/s/s out!
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 4:20am On Jun 01, 2011
manny4life:

hehe, Dude u think I'll stoop so low to bring in canine pictures sh/it, my friend ride on. Did u know that dogs are actually one of the most intelligent mammals and happiest? Now u see why I'm laughing, well at least I'm laughing, real men (excepts faggies) don't "laugh their a/s/s out!

If bingo dey follow you everywhere, wetin you go give bingo? Do//y bone of course,

Here you go>>>>>

Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by adaphik(f): 7:24am On Jun 01, 2011
Too much noise here!!!! God bless Rivers State , God bless Nigeria. Be positive.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Konnekt(m): 7:42am On Jun 01, 2011
Honestly i have heard enough of this power thing in his country. Our leaders should stop making noise about building or not building power plants. A project they have not even started is everywhere in the media. When Ghana did theirs nobody was aware until completed. Our leaders should do what they are voted for. They do not deserve extra praise for doing what they are supposed to do, after all it's our money -not theirs. ah ah!!
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by lawoko: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2011
Nonsense. Let wait and see.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by chum(m): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2011
@seanet02   &  Eko Ile

This  guys are the biggest full I’ve ever seen in this country.
probably because they don't understand, they don’t know the difference between building a distribution network and building a mega watts.
Please note that Rivers state has lond past this stage of building mega watts.

sTupiD.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 9:53am On Jun 01, 2011
chum:

@seanet02   &  Eko Ile

probably because they don't understand, they don’t know the difference between building a distribution network and building a mega watts.

silly.

This silly fool don't even know how to spell fool? What a dum.bo.

What is the difference between building a distribution network and building a mega watts and what part of it we don't understand? Abeg lecture us.

Btw, what stage is rivers state right now?
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 10:35am On Jun 01, 2011
chum:

@seanet02   &  Eko Ile

silly.

Man at least you're saying what you know not claiming "I know it all, bring it on". At least you know what a MW is than an illiterate who comes on Nairaland to display his silliness not knowing the a so-called 12,0000 hydrogen plant is also a 12GW hydrogen plant.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by otokx(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2011
What is the point targeting without shooting?
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by verbena: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2011
rivers state produces 460 megawatts which is more than enough to give the state 24-hour electricity but the problem is the fact that states are not allowed to distribute electricity instead this is sent to the national grid. Ameachi has asked the president to be able to distribute electricity and send whats left to the national grid. If permission is granted then the government will start making arrangements for effective distribution within the state.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2011
EKO -ILe another F-X-Y-Z stranger, they guy reason with his ANUS, There are 3 Gas  in Portharcourt and in its evirons, I know Omoku and Trans-amadi are up and running but has not been but has not been added to the national Grid, only distributed to some few companies. and you know State has not power to distribute power
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by decode55(m): 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
grin grin grin
cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by chino11(m): 11:28am On Jun 02, 2011
lagos is a dirty place without light nor security. With all the stealing by fashola and tinubu in lagos using IPP as a dain-pipe, the white elephant project is a mirage. yorobahs welcome to the second level of siphoning by fashola- the most corrupt governor. Records are there as stated by kuforiji (speaker of lagos assembly)
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by gidson12(m): 1:56am On Jun 03, 2011
lol, you guys should know by now that dumb, rotted brain, eko ile, always go about every thread crying like a suckling,
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by phantom(m): 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2011
otokx:

What is the point targeting without shooting?
sounding like a retard is'nt your strong point, just let it rest please!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Southeast Results Under Arrest By Orders From Above. / SHOCKING: See What This Teacher Did To Her Student; PICTURES! / Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.