Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply (7013 Views)

Amaechi Promises 20-hours Power Supply In Rivers State By March / Why Rivers State Failed To Meet Dec 2012 24 Hours Power Target / They Are Complaining Of 3 Hours Power Failure Once Every Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by fxtopedia(m): 5:08pm On May 31, 2011
chino11:

All these silly talks of about lagos. Lagos this, lagos that. Still there is still no light in lagos. From Ikeja to VI to lagos Island no light. I think lagos is synonymous with darkness. So many companies had fled lagos into Ghana because of no power supply and insecurity. (Dunlop, Michellin, the list is endless). Yorubas will not seize to amaze me with their myopic comments. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think YOU need to visit YABA-LEFT. Stop bring tribalism to all issues!
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Reference(m): 5:16pm On May 31, 2011
Rivers State already has the most extensive independent transmission and distribution networks in Nigeria. Started way back during Peter Odili's tenure and has been expanded gradually ever since. Their IPP's have been working albeit with some challenges for longer than any other state I know. If it comes to power they are the closet thing to independence.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by member479760: 5:24pm On May 31, 2011
light no dey for lagos ooo! where you guys see the light i no know for una. let's stop this unnecessary propaganda about lagos and face the fact.
as per Rivers state, one will expect the niger delta to generate most of the electricity we need in this country and distribute to other states ofcourse not for free due to their location. this should be the primary job of the inhabitants.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by mykali(m): 5:26pm On May 31, 2011
A very good step in the right direction. Constant. . .or uninterrupted power supply in Rivers will bring great change and greatly reduce the exorbitant cost of living we experience here.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by barryk: 5:34pm On May 31, 2011
I for talk ooo, no wonder they have not taken light since morning. Change that u can see
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by mykali(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2011
^^lol. Its true oh. The power has been up all day. Nice one
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by vaLasce(m): 6:24pm On May 31, 2011
aw hi wish!
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by otokx(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2011
That is how these politicians continually deceive the gullible majority (blayz0923 being one of them) who have a perpetual loss of memory problem.

The first step to solving this power issue is the amendment of the law that give NEPA the monopoly of power in Nigeria and also the central nature of it. Those in the north who and indeed even FCT will never allow that because it means we in the south with our gas reserves will generate and give ourselves electricity first before sending any remnant to any other place. Even those in the west will not support it full time with the exception of Lagos that already has a gas pipeline flowing from the niger delta there.

Most parts of Port Harcourt right now are in darkness and you can also check to see that most parts of Nigeria too are in darkness. It appears the entire Grid has failed in the last couple of weeks.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Builder: 7:15pm On May 31, 2011
i cant believe in the 21st century we are still talking about inability of constant power supply, welcome to medieval nigeria, and congrats to river state for their effort
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by DeCleff(m): 7:38pm On May 31, 2011
Whats the big deal about fashola? Or have you guys forgotten that Lagos state was onece a federal capital terrotry of naija? Rivers state has never had the opportunity lapos state had to be the F.C.T of naija. Fashola the governor of Lagos state have done well but cannot be compared to governor Ameachi of Rivers State. Talking about generatiö of power, in the last four years Rivers state can boast of over 300Mw And is generating more. Rivers State has the best government owned primary and secondary schools in naija. World class health centres spread across the 23 L.G.A in the state also the best in naija.What about the road constructed and more undergoing construction? Just that fashola inspected the train in canada, you guys made so much noise. What about the first molo rail in Africa now been constructed in Rivers state? Just to mention few of Gov. Ameachi's good works. Or can fashola be compared to Donald Duike, former governor of cross River state?
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by adconline(m): 7:44pm On May 31, 2011
Keep aiming, cos Naija is a country where aims, ideas and plans are aborted or killed before they are born
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by doyin13(m): 7:48pm On May 31, 2011
I sure have missed this place grin

I think Gov. Amaechi has felt sidelined as the shadow of Fashola has
dominated the gubernatorial landscape.

And he is right to have the humps as his Lagos counterpart has hugged the limelight.
By all knowledgable accounts, the man has done very well, and he deserves some praise.

If his precedents in the job are anything to go by, something fruitful will emerge from
this committee and it might finally bring him the recognition he deserves.

Kudos for the ethnic makeup of the committee as well.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by otokx(m): 8:08pm On May 31, 2011
Now He knows why we have corrupt leaders; the followers are twice as bad with zero expectation and 100% sycophancy. Amaechi is trying - YES, He may be second only to Diette Spiff - YES, infact he may even surpass him but lets say the truth. We are still suffering bad roads and no electricity - places like woji and rupoku that used to have have stopped having, The only areas still benefiting are the diobu area, transamadi and abuloma, off course throw in government house and adjourning areas.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 8:52pm On May 31, 2011
DeCleff:

Whats the big deal about fashola? Or have you guys forgotten that Lagos state was onece a federal capital terrotry of naija? Rivers state has never had the opportunity lapos state had to be the F.C.T of naija. Fashola the governor of Lagos state have done well but cannot be compared to governor Ameachi of Rivers State. Talking about generatiö of power, in the last four years Rivers state can boast of over 300Mw And is generating more. Rivers State has the best government owned primary and secondary schools in naija. World class health centres spread across the 23 L.G.A in the state also the best in naija.What about the road constructed and more undergoing construction? Just that fashola inspected the train in canada, you guys made so much noise. What about the first molo rail in Africa now been constructed in Rivers state? Just to mention few of Gov. Ameachi's good works. Or can fashola be compared to Donald Duike, former governor of cross River state?

Relax with the lies. Rivers is richer and spends more money than Lagos state with little or nothing to show for it.

Fashola is winning because of his superb administrative skills, great vision, passion for his job and great sense of purpose, something many Nigerian leaders lack. Money or no money, you got to have the drive and vision.

And you need to slow down with your world class proclamations because you can not prove all that and the rest of the crap you listed, you are free to prove me wrong if you can which I doubt.

Since the beginning of Nigeria, no government in Nigeria fit guarantee anybody or institution 24/7 uninterrupted power supply, but Fashola did.

All your MW blah blah means nothing to the common man if you can not issue such guarantees.

By the way, we've battled between Lagos state and Rivers and Lagos state/Fashola not only won hands down, Lagos state defeated all the states on the other side of the Niger combined.

See here for reference, >>>>

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-674518.0.html
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by arogbowei: 9:01pm On May 31, 2011
Nice one from Amaechi, the man is doing pretty well. I'm a Lagosian, but visit PortHarcourt often, and I've seen his developmental strides, he's doing well.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by fxtopedia(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2011
DeCleff:

I appreciate all good government irrespective of the state. If any man did not see what Fashola has done,
then such person needs injection! LMAO

STOP all these yeye tribal problem and STOP trolling here.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by jmaine: 9:45pm On May 31, 2011
DeCleff:

Them no fit try am  grin grin . . them no dey look face and charisma  . . .by the way, they are both performers
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 31, 2011
I normally would not criticize other people's response on this nairaland, but i feel compelled to talk this time around. I mean, the level of tribalism and superiority complex displayed on this forum is getting out of hand. Someone just posted a topic highlighting the positive step Rivers State is taking to enhance power in their state and next thing is people are posting about what Lagos state and Fashola have already done! What does this have to do with anything?? I will hold my tongue, enough said.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 10:03pm On May 31, 2011
engineerd:

I normally would not criticize other people's response on this nairaland, but i feel compelled to talk this time around. I mean, the level of tribalism and superiority complex displayed on this forum is getting out of hand. Someone just posted a topic highlighting the positive step Rivers State is taking to enhance power in their state and next thing is people are posting about what Lagos state and Fashola have already done! What does this have to do with anything?? [b]I will hold my tongue, [/b]enough said.

Well, maybe people need to start making their points without dragging other states/Lagos into their village ramblings if they don't want any kind of attention from Lagos/Lagosians.

Btw, anything Lagos attracts the same rubbish.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by DeCleff(m): 10:04pm On May 31, 2011
@Eko ile.       Am not doubting unbelief based on ignorance cos fashola is now a member of your blood cell. Thats why you find it difficult to accept simple truth. Now, are telling me that everybody in lagos is enjoying stable power supply 24/7? You have a rethink? In Rivers state generation of power capable of serving the people of the state is not a problem but the distribution is where the problem is. The bad eggs of phcn are problem cos they've made up their minds not distribute it.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by chelseabmw(m): 10:30pm On May 31, 2011
nice move
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 10:35pm On May 31, 2011
DeCleff:

@Eko ile.       Am not doubting unbelief based on ignorance cos fashola is now a member of your blood cell. Thats why you find it difficult to accept simple truth. Now, are telling me that everybody in lagos is enjoying stable power supply 24/7? You have a rethink? In Rivers state generation of power capable of serving the people of the state is not a problem but the distribution is where the problem is. The bad eggs of phcn are problem cos they've made up their minds not distribute it.  

No, what I'm saying is, for the first time in the history of Nigeria, one government stepped up and proclaimed/Guarantee uninterrupted power supply to major hospitals, government buildings and many streets, further more the same government is working on making the same guarantees to 500 buildings and before you know, the whole state is off the grid.

This 10MW single action alone is saving the Lagos state @ least 45% in diesel bills, operating tables in both major hospitals are not longer going to be dark and more lives are going to be saved.

Now, you trying to explain or state the reason why Rivers is not providing electricity to the folks in Rivers state is because PHCN is not allowing them to highlights the lazy thinking and vision less attitude of many Nigerian governors/leaders. In fact, you just sited one of the reason why Fashola is far ahead of many governors in Nigeria. All your "Rivers state generation of power capable of serving the people of the state is not a problem but the distribution is the problem" is a case of been there, done that as far as Lagos state is concerned. Lagos state did all that years ago.

Lagos/Tinubu constructed the first private power plant in Nigeria (271 MW) which the state was unable apply to the people of Lagos because of the same federal government distribution monopoly, but once again, Lagos state is  working around the federal government's monopoly with the new power plants the state is building.

That's the difference between Lagos state/Fashola and other states/Governors. You can not sit on your hands and  hand over your state's future and the future of your kids to our useless and incompetent federal government, you have to look for other creative ways to make things happen for your people. Fashola is basically rendering the PHCN irrelevant in Lagos state

Governance is a game of skills and vision, not sentiments and lazy thinking.  Like I said, your post clearly explained to us all why Fashola is the best, smartest and most efficient governor in Nigeria.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 10:50pm On May 31, 2011
You guys are missing it; Mr Eko-Ile hates criticisms, so yall be very careful how u criticize Lagos let alone Fashola.

Regarding the thread, I give all of them thumbs up, they are doing what's best for their citizens.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 10:53pm On May 31, 2011
manny4life:

You guys are missing it; Mr Eko-Ile hates criticisms, so yall be very careful how u criticize Lagos let alone Fashola.

Regarding the thread, I give all of them thumbs up, they are doing what's best for their citizens.

I keep telling you, leave comedy alone, hang on to your day job if you have any.

Contribute something meaningful to the thread or shut your mouth if you have nothing to contribute, it's not by force to always sound like a re'tard.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 11:07pm On May 31, 2011
Eko Ile:

I keep telling you, leave comedy alone, hang on to your day job if you have any.

Contribute something meaningful to the thread or shut your mouth if you have nothing to contribute, it's not by force to always sound like a re'tard.

What brought about the insult eh, I'm only giving a friendly opinion and you are here insulting me? BTW, isn't a true talk, you hate criticisms / negative feedback about Lagos or Fashola?

Mr Eko, this is no quarrel ok, so chill and cool your hot engine, it's not that serious ok. On that note, me I'm not comedian just a realist and YES by the grace of GOD I have a day JOB and sure do not tend on leaving it anytime soon because I love it. Now I have contributed my own little quota to the thread, and hey but only a retard know ones right?
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 11:19pm On May 31, 2011
manny4life:

What brought about the insult eh, I'm only giving a friendly opinion and you are here insulting me? BTW, isn't a true talk, you hate criticisms / negative feedback about Lagos or Fashola?

Mr Eko, this is no quarrel ok, so chill and cool your hot engine, it's not that serious ok. On that note, me I'm not comedian just a realist and YES by the grace of GOD I have a day JOB and sure do not tend on leaving it anytime soon because I love it. Now I have contributed my own little quota to the thread, and hey but only a not-so-smart person know ones right?

I find it very funny when people like your throw your insults and unsolicited rubbish all over the place and they turn around to start playing the silly victim.

Like I said, quit the distraction if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Justcash(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2011
@EKO ILE,
DO YOU LIVE IN LAGOS STATE? If yes, do you enjoy uninterrupted power supply? If no, why do you talk as if you know more than the people on ground?
ARE YOU CURRENTLY IN LAGOS STATE? If Yes, for how long? If no, when last did you visit Lagos state?
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO RIVERS STATE? If yes, how come you did not see that Rivers state is way ahead of Lagos State in IPP? If no, why don't you just shut up!
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 11:32pm On May 31, 2011
Justcash:

@EKO ILE,
DO YOU LIVE IN LAGOS STATE? If yes, do you enjoy uninterrupted power supply? If no, why do you talk as if you know more than the people on ground?
ARE YOU CURRENTLY IN LAGOS STATE? If Yes, for how long? If no, when last did you visit Lagos state?
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO RIVERS STATE? If yes, how come you did not see that Rivers state is way ahead of Lagos State in IPP? If no, why don't you just shut up!

Are you asking me these questions based on what I asserted in this thread. If yes, please point out the assertion and I'll take it from there.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by Justcash(m): 11:43pm On May 31, 2011
Eko Ile:

Are you asking me these questions based on what I asserted in this thread. If yes, please point out the assertion and I'll take it from there.

Wait, Forget assertions and gbo gbo ti gbo.

Do you live in Lagos state?
Are you currently in Lagos state?
Have you been to Rivers state ever before?

Your answer will prove if you know and experience what you are talking about. Don't dodge the questions please.

Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by manny4life(m): 11:52pm On May 31, 2011
Eko Ile:

I find it very funny when people like your throw your insults and unsolicited rubbish all over the place and they turn around to start playing the silly victim.

Like I said, quit the distraction if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute.

Distractions? I am not distracting you after all my first post wasn't directed to you, Well you that have something meaningful to contribute, I'll be watching to see how well you handle criticisms.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 11:53pm On May 31, 2011
Justcash:

Wait, Forget assertions and gbo gbo ti gbo.

Do you live in Lagos state?
Are you currently in Lagos state?
Have you been to Rivers state ever before?

Your answer will prove if you know and experience what you are talking about. Don't dodge the questions please.

That's not good enough, I answer to and stand by my assertions, not what I didn't say.
Re: Rivers State Target 24 Hours Power Supply by EkoIle1: 11:59pm On May 31, 2011
manny4life:

Distractions? I am not distracting you after all my first post wasn't directed to you, Well you that have something meaningful to contribute, I'll be watching to see how well you handle criticisms.

What difference does it make? You mentioned my name in your silly and negative post right?

I really don't care what you're watching, it's a free world, sit and watch to your heart's content.

Posted by: manny4life
Insert Quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(photo) Was The Queen Of England Also 'disgraced' At 10 Downing St / SHOCKING: See What This Teacher Did To Her Student; PICTURES! / Panic In Aso Rock As Court Throws Out Buhari's Application In Certificate Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.