Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? (3535 Views)

What Muslims Will Experience At Death / For those who desire to Make Heaven at Death or at Rapture ( Video) / Father Mbaka Heals A Blind Man At Adoration Crusade - TrezzyHelm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

I am not a thief or rapist. I thought you would get the question but since you don't, let me ask in a way you would understand.
What would you do if a thief or rapist broke into your home?

You don't have to wish evil happen to me due to my faith.
So keep your question to yourself, if you have faith in God you should know that it's God that's protecting His loyal ones! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

My friend, Jesus said God's Holy Spirit will TEACH them {John 16:12-13} but they will be the ones TEACHING others {Matthew 28:19-20} and the evidence to ascertain that God's Holy Spirit is WORKING with them is that they will gather people from all races, teach them what the Holy Spirit taught, make them one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers, erase politics and racism from their hearts, teach them never to raise weapons against their fellowman and have nothing to do with military services! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3 compare to John 17:20-23

This is the FRUIT we need to see to be certain that they are working for Jesus! Matthew 7:16-18

But if you want to continue investigating everything they say then it simply means you won't like Jesus if you lived in the first century because his followers who stick to him only trusted him not because they grasp everything he was teaching them back then! John 6:66-67 smiley

Your religion is quite interesting, you select specific people who are allowed to have God's spirit.
◄ Acts 2:17
“’ In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

1 Corinthians 14:5
“I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.”

Numbers 11:29
And Moses said unto him, “Enviest thou for my sake? Would God that all the Lord'S people were prophets, and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them!”.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You don't have to wish evil happen to me due to my faith.
So keep your question to yourself, if you have faith in God you should know that it's God that's protecting His loyal ones! smiley
This is the smartest answer you have given so far. i don't wish you evil. It was a hypothetical question
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 12:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
How ironic! The same JW's that say Jesus is angel Micheal?

You should have at least pretended for a while to avoid unwarranted preconceptions.

That aside, it seems though it's only apostle Paul teachings that you have to justify your stance.

Well here's that of Jesus, who was His Master.

Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Here's another one:

John 6:63 (KJV)

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So can you see some of the places I got my idea that a living soul which man is consists of just the flesh and the spirit?

Man's flesh came from the earth, while his spirit emanated from God, so where did his soul come from if it's not man's spirit? Smh!
100% True

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Peter hasn't been baptized by God's Holy Spirit by the time he said that, it was after Jesus' ascension that Peter and the others were anointed with God's Holy Spirit so what Jesus is saying there is that Peter's heart is pure that's why he could discern that Jesus is the Christ even when most people who heard Jesus' words were planning to kill Jesus! smiley
That was not what Jesus was saying. what he said was clear enough. It was his father that revealed the truth to Peter. Jesus said nothing about Peter's heart or state of mind.. again, your personal addition.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

Your religion is quite interesting, you select specific people who are allowed to have God's spirit.
◄ Acts 2:17
“’ In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

1 Corinthians 14:5
“I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.”

Numbers 11:29
And Moses said unto him, “Enviest thou for my sake? Would God that all the Lord'S people were prophets, and that the Lord would put His Spirit upon them!”.

Good!

So if you believe that God will pour his spirit on ALL PEOPLE then all the religions in the world are OK since it's God that pour His spirit on all people! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

This is the smartest answer you have given so far. i don't wish you evil. It was a hypothetical question

Even if you feel it's the most stupid answer i'm not in the position to decide your reaction to my faith, all i need to do is tell you what i believe regarding the spirit of Man! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

That was not what Jesus was saying. what he said was clear enough. It was his father that revealed the truth to Peter. Jesus said nothing about Peter's heart or state of mind.. again, your personal addition.

Peter was just a Jew like the rest of the people so God did not select Peter to reveal anything rather it simply means Peter's heart was pure that's why he could grasp who Jesus is and accepted him as Lord!

I told you from the onset that we don't need to argue with anyone over what is written in our book (Bible) all we need to do is tell you the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what our ancient brothers penned down and how it's WORKING out in our midst. Whether you agree or not is not our own concern!smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Peter was just a Jew like the rest of the people so God did not select Peter to reveal anything rather it simply means Peter's heart was pure that's why he could grasp who Jesus is and accepted him as Lord! smiley

You just keep making Jesus a liar. He said This was not revealed by flesh but by my father in heaven. Who do we believe, JW or Christ?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Good!

So if you believe that God will pour his spirit on ALL PEOPLE then all the religions in the world are OK since it's God that pour His spirit on all people! smiley
It's not about what I believe. It's about what God says. Acts 2:17
“'It shall be done in the last days, says God,' I shall pour out my Spirit on everybody, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men.
You should be asking if it was God that promised his spirit to man or is it my personal opinion? The Lord promised to pour out his spirit to all men and you question him?
come who would you rather believe, The Lord God of your chosen leaders who have the spirit on your behalf?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

You just keep making Jesus a liar. He said This was not revealed by flesh but by my father in heaven. Who do we believe, JW or Christ?

Did God chose only Peter when you said God will pour His spirit on all people? cheesy

I'm only telling you what Jesus meant because there are many things he said that even his first century followers never grasp instantly {John 16:12-13} but if you feel you understood him it's OK! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

It's not about what I believe. It's about what God says. Acts 2:17
“'It shall be done in the last days, says God,' I shall pour out my Spirit on everybody, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men.
You should be asking if it was God that promised his spirit to man or is it my personal opinion? The Lord promised to pour out his spirit to all men and you question him?
come who would you rather believe, The Lord God of your chosen leaders who have the spirit on your behalf?

You asked a question and i answered then you said i am wrong so i concluded that you should be able to explain better.
So if what you quoted means God will pour His spirit on ALL PEOPLE then all the religions in the world must be approved after all God is the one who poured His spirit on ALL PEOPLE! smiley

My friend, humility is not a possession of all kinds of people it's either you humble yourself to learn or you continue arguing with everyone over what you see! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by TenQ: 1:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

You should have at least pretended for a while to avoid unwarranted preconceptions.

That aside, it seems though it's only apostle Paul teachings that you have to justify your stance.

Well here's that of Jesus, who was His Master.

Matthew 26:41 (KJV)

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Here's another one:

John 6:63 (KJV)

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So can you see some of the places I got my idea that a living soul which man is consists of just the flesh and the spirit?

Man's flesh came from the earth, while his spirit emanated from God, so where did his soul come from if it's not man's spirit? Smh!
It looks like you are one of those whose new testament consists of only the four gospels.
1. What does Jesus mean by FLESH?
Is it the skin, muscles and fatty cells of man?
The Spirit is willing: Flesh weak please relate this to adultery
Matthew 5:27-28
27You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

How come Jesus said:

2. Secondly
Even old Testament children of God understood that which you have mixed up
Ps41:4
I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

Except you can find a single scripture where sin is attributed to the spirit (as you say they mean the same thing)

3. Thirdly:
Matthew 12:18
18:Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit soul upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. ... 18:"Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit Soul on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

I have helped you to rephrase the scripture above, can you tell us what it means?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You asked a question and i answered then you said i am wrong so i concluded that you should be able to explain better.
So if what you quoted means God will pour His spirit on ALL PEOPLE then all the religions in the world must be approved after all God is the one who poured His spirit on ALL PEOPLE! smiley

My friend, humility is not a possession of all kinds of people it's either you humble yourself to learn or you continue arguing with everyone over what you see! smiley
What really do you want me to explain oga
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Did God chose only Peter when you said God will pour His spirit on all people? cheesy

I'm only telling you what Jesus meant because there are many things he said that even his first century followers never grasp instantly {John 16:12-13} but if you feel you understood him it's OK! smiley
Did God chose only Peter when you said God will pour His spirit on all people What's your point with this.
Who revealed that Jesus was the son of God to Peter?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

What really do you want me to explain oga

I don't really need any explanation from you! smiley

Since you think God's word should be taken literally as God will pour His spirit on ALL PEOPLE, i already know your level of understanding all i just want to do is show you how confused you are. Because below are people like you who are saying JWs are wrong with the interpretation we got from the people we trusted as BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ.

Can you tell me from their conversation which one has God's Holy Spirit?
Or perhaps it's God's Holy Spirit that makes them to continue contradicting themselves?

TenQ:

Only JW's don't respect the scriptures!

jesusjnr2020:

According to the two comments above both commentators agreed that JWs are wrong, yet what is happening between them?

TenQ:

It looks like you are one of those whose new testament consists of only the four gospels.
I have helped you to rephrase the scripture above, can you tell us what it means?

Well Jesus Christ said:

Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me SCATTERS! Luke 11:23

The SCATTERING doesn't mean they will not chant their usual slogan "Jesus is LORD" but they will never agree on the same line of thought like Jesus' true disciples! John 17:22 cheesy
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Since you think God's word should be taken literally as God will pour His spirit on ALL PEOPLE, i already know your level of understanding all i just want to do is show you how confused you are. Because below are people like you who are saying JWs are wrong with the interpretation we got from the people we trusted as BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ.

Or perhaps it's God's Holy Spirit that makes them to continue contradicting themselves?

According to the two comments above both commentators agreed that JWs are wrong, yet what is happening between them?

Well Jesus Christ said:

Whoever is not on my side is against me, and whoever does not gather with me SCATTERS! Luke 11:23

The SCATTERING doesn't mean they will not chant their usual slogan "Jesus is LORD" but they will never agree on the same line of thought like Jesus' true disciples! John 17:22 cheesy

Honestly, I don't understand you. If we don't believe God's words who do we now believe.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

Did God chose only Peter when you said God will pour His spirit on all people What's your point with this.
Who revealed that Jesus was the son of God to Peter?

Just humble yourself and learn! smiley

God is not partial to have revealed something to Peter and neglect other children of Abraham in the same nation.
It's the pure heart that helped Peter to reason well that based on the information they've been gathering regarding the Christ and what this young man is doing definitely he must be the Christ!

Who is responsible for pureness in man's heart?
Who inspired the writers to pen down prophecies about the Christ?
Who has been helping Jesus to perform all the fine works?

If you say "God" then it's the spirit of that God that has helped Peter not that God partially revealed something to Peter whereas there are millions of Jews back then in the first century.

Remember the same Peter few minutes later turned out to reason from the perspective of a fleshy creature, the same Jesus called Peter "Satan" Matthew 16:21-23

So how many spirit is revealing things to Peter?
Or between God's Spirit and Satan's Spirit, which one is controlling Peter? cheesy
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by buragoz: 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
To be honest, I've always been intimidated by questions about death in Scripture. On the one hand, I didn't want to know anything about it at all, but on the other hand, I wanted to learn as much as I could to dispel my fear. Has anyone else experienced something similar? I study a lot of Scripture, and I'm curious about What is the meaning of John 16:33, but the issue of death is still quite unclear to me. I'm not sure that my perception of the meaning of what is written isn't distorted by the modern understanding of many words and meanings, so I am studying many interpretations to get closer to the meaning.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

God is not partial to have revealed something to Peter and neglect other children of Abraham in the same nation.
It's the pure heart that helped Peter to reason well that based on the information they've been gathering regarding the Christ and what this young man is doing definitely he must be the Christ!

If you say "God" then it's the spirit of that God that has helped Peter not that God partially revealed something to Peter whereas there are millions of Jews back then in the first century.

Remember the same Peter few minutes later turned out to reason from the perspective of a fleshy creature, the same Jesus called Peter "Satan" Matthew 16:21-23

Or between God's Spirit and Satan's Spirit, which one is controlling Peter? cheesy
Nice logic... But still, you make Jesus a lier. He said flesh and blood have not revealed this to you. If peter had reasoned it within his heart the obviously, flesh and blood revealed it to him.
Christ said the revelation came from the Father but you claim its fro his heart. Its begining to sound a little funny.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by TenQ: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well Jesus Christ said:

Let's assume jesusjnr2020 and TenQ differ in some few things, is that a proof that JW are correct?
Ignorant people will dogmatically see it as a proof.

Jehovah's witnesses, Mormon, Christian Science, Christadelphians, Armstrongism, Oneness Pentecostals, Unification Church are ALL birds of the same Feather! The only difference they have with the JWs is that they make less NOISE!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
buragoz:
To be honest, I've always been intimidated by questions about death in Scripture. On the one hand, I didn't want to know anything about it at all, but on the other hand, I wanted to learn as much as I could to dispel my fear. Has anyone else experienced something similar? I study a lot of Scripture, and I'm curious about What is the meaning of John 16:33, but the issue of death is still quite unclear to me. I'm not sure that my perception of the meaning of what is written isn't distorted by the modern understanding of many words and meanings, so I am studying many interpretations to get closer to the meaning.
I believe it's the savior telling his followers that they should not fear. he has overcome all for us including death
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The word of God says The Father revealed it to Peter but JW says Peter reasoned it out in his heart. Do you blame me for choosing the word of God instead of the word of JW?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
TenQ:

Let's assume jesusjnr2020 and TenQ differ in some few things, is that a proof that JW are correct?

Jehovah's witnesses, Mormon, Christian Science, Christadelphians, Armstrongism, Oneness Pentecostals, Unification Church are ALL birds of the same Feather! The only difference they have with the JWs is that they make less NOISE!

how about Pentecostals, Catholics, Adventists, Baptist,s and the rest?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

Honestly, I don't understand you. If we don't believe God's words who do we now believe.

God's word is not for everyone to read and understand. That's just the bitter truth!

But while we are humble and considering righteousness {Zephaniah 2:2-3} we will be able to notice those whom God has chosen to TEACH others and we will hold tight to their interpretation of God's word! Zechariah 8:23

That's why Jesus told his first century Jewish disciples that they are to go TEACHING people what is WRITTEN in God's word. Matthew 28:20
If it's everyone that can just pick it up, read and understand. The Ethiopian eunuch wouldn't have begged Philip to guide him.
Remember the Ethiopian eunuch had his own copy of the scriptures and it was from his own copy that he was reading aloud! Act 8:30-35

That's why Jesus said:

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5

Because it takes great meekness (humility) to accept that someone knows better than you do and humbly request for his/her help.

From our discussion since do you think i sat with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses so that they're telling me what or where to quote?

Well once someone humbly accept their help Jesus will send God's active force to start helping such a person so that he could confidently defend his beliefs using the scriptures with efficacy! Matthew 10:19-20

They have prayed with me so the spirit of their God is working with me now even when i'm not a BORN AGAIN like them! Act 6:6

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

God's word is not for everyone to read and understand. That's just the bitter truth!

But while we are humble and considering righteousness {Zephaniah 2:2-3} we will be able to notice those whom God has chosen to TEACH others and we will hold tight to their interpretation of God's word! Zechariah 8:23

That's why Jesus told his first century Jewish disciples that they are to go TEACHING people what is WRITTEN in God's word. Matthew 28:20
If it's everyone that can just pick it up, read and understand. The Ethiopian eunuch wouldn't have begged Philip to guide him.
Remember the Ethiopian eunuch had his own copy of the scriptures and it was from his own copy that he was reading aloud! Act 8:30-35

That's why Jesus said:

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5

Because it takes great meekness (humility) to accept that someone knows better than you do and humbly request for his/her help.

From our discussion since do you think i sat with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses so that they're telling me what or where to quote?

Well once someone humbly accept their help Jesus will send God's active force to start helping such a person so that he could confidently defend his beliefs using the scriptures with efficacy! Matthew 10:19-20

They have prayed with me so the spirit of their God is working with me now even when i'm not a BORN AGAIN like them! Act 6:6

now you are beginning to get smart with your answers. Cool. The word of God is for everyone to read and believe.

John 20:31
but these have been written so that you may believe [with a deep, abiding trust] that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the Son of God; and that.
Now you claim that the spirit of God is with you. first you said only the selected few in your group have the spirit. which do we take.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

now you are beginning to get smart with your answers. Cool. The word of God is for everyone to read and believe.

John 20:31
but these have been written so that you may believe [with a deep, abiding trust] that Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the Son of God; and that.
Now you claim that the spirit of God is with you. first you said only the selected few in your group have the spirit. which do we take.

The spirit only help those who have been taught by the BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ to remember what they've learned but as for TEACHING directly regarding the sacred secrets in God's word that one belongs only to the CHOSEN.
So the Holy Spirit is directly TEACHING them while they are TEACHING us then the Holy Spirit only reminds us after we have accepted what they learned from the same Spirit! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
TenQ:

1. What does Jesus mean by FLESH?
Is it the skin, muscles and fatty cells of man?
The Spirit is willing: Flesh weak please relate this to adultery
Matthew 5:27-28
27You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

How come Jesus said:

2. Secondly
Even old Testament children of God understood that which you have mixed up
Ps41:4
I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against thee.

Except you can find a single scripture where sin is attributed to the spirit (as you say they mean the same thing)

3. Thirdly:
Matthew 12:18
18:Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit soul upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. ... 18:"Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit Soul on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.

Yeah you're right!

I'm one of those few who keep the commandment of Jesus to His disciples before He departed the Earth in Matthew 28:20:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So you must be one those many who disobey and have no regard for His Words but would put it aside to believe whatever you wanted.

I asked you a simple question, where did man's soul come from if it's not spirit but you couldn't answer.

I'd ask another: What is the difference between an evil spirit and a man's spirit who sins? Just in case you thought a man's spirit cannot sin, that should show you how wrong you are.

The only difference between evil spirits and humans who sin is that evil spirits don't have flesh. Both of their spirits came from God but they can be used for evil regardless.

The spirit is what powers a man's flesh, so if a man sins with his flesh, his spirit/soul has sinned just like it is with evil spirits who use the spirit God gave to them to do evil. And any spirit that is used for evil cannot go back to God, if not God would have taken back His spirit from the angels who rebelled against Him in heaven.

Moreover anyone who speaks of soul in the Bible speaks of his individual spirit. That's what distinguishes his spirit from that of someone else.

If you still think a man's soul is different from his spirit which came from God, tell me where the soul came from? It cannot come from now where.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
TenQ:

You didn't add SYNAGOGUES CHURCH OF ALL NATIONS (SCOAN) of late TB Joshua!

Àbí that one is OK?
Remember all your daddy GOs refused to pay a condolence visit to the family! cheesy
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The spirit only help those who have been taught by the BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ to remember what they've learned but as for TEACHING directly regarding the sacred secrets in God's word that one belongs only to the CHOSEN.
So the Holy Spirit is directly TEACHING them while they are TEACHING us then the Holy Spirit only reminds us after we have accepted what they learned from the same Spirit! smiley
Good for you, You claim that I am not humble because I don't agree with you. You have also said that you lack the spirit yet you want me to believe the words of one who lacks the spirit of God. I have the spirit of God you should be listening to me. Clearly, you need to humble yourself as you have shown from your words, you lack authority and you depend on those of us that have God's spirit.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
TenQ:

How do we identify the children of God or the true church?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

Good for you, You claim that I am not humble because I don't agree with you. You have also said that you lack the spirit yet you want me to believe the words of one who lacks the spirit of God. I have the spirit of God you should be listening to me. Clearly, you need to humble yourself as you have shown from your words, you lack authority and you depend on those of us that have God's spirit.

HUMILITY is a topic on it's own that you still need to learn what it means or entails! smiley

Though i never wanted to go this far with you but who knows maybe someone is following silently? Such a person may learn one or two things from our discussion! smiley

Now let me enlighten you about HUMILITY:

When someone is said to be humble it doesn't mean he have to agree with everyone that comes his way otherwise he can't stand for any faith, he will accept every wind of teaching.
So what is or how do we qualify HUMILITY?

There will always be different religious sects claiming they know God until Jesus comes to exterminate all those practicing falsehood {Matthew 25:41-46} then humble people will never claim they know anything rather they will thoroughly meditate on what different sects are saying {Act 17:11} and go for where righteousness is WORKING out what is fine! 1Thessalonians 5:21 compare to James 2:18-26

So it's HUMILITY that will help such a person to accept help from those who knows better than he does.

You have proved to be empty because what i needed you don't have, everyone knows that there is contradictions everywhere regarding the knowledge of God so if you have the spirit of God it's not by adding to the contradictions rather PRESENTING the group of people practicing pure worship so that i can look out for the FRUIT Jesus talked about in their gathering! Matthew 7:16-18

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Put Your Hard Questions For Trinitarian Theologians Enigma , Goshen & Company / The Joy Of Living With Eternity In View / 10 Things About Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.