Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? (3526 Views)

What Muslims Will Experience At Death / For those who desire to Make Heaven at Death or at Rapture ( Video) / Father Mbaka Heals A Blind Man At Adoration Crusade - TrezzyHelm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:35am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

I am not sure you read the verse. You said "that is where their gnashing of teeth and hypocritical weeping after their rebellion will land them"[color=#770077][/color]

but the bible taught that they would be sent to a place where there would be gnashing of teeth and weeping not where there ghashing and weeping would land them. Please go and read the verse.

11 And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

I've told you that the Bible doesn't TEACH it's only information that needed someone to enlighten you regarding the meaning:

Philip ran alongside and heard him reading aloud Isaiah the prophet, and he said: “Do you actually know what you are reading ?”  He said: “Really, how could I ever do so unless someone guided me?” So he urged Philip to get on and sit down with him. Act 8:30-31

Jesus is the sole mediator of everything that's written in the Bible that's why he is appropriately called "the word of God" {John 1:1} he love using illustrations {Matthew 13:13} so if the reader doesn't learn from his true disciples it will be difficult to comprehend so many things Jesus said. That's why he said:

Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, TEACHING them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things! Matthew 28:19-20

So if you feel like reading and understanding what you're reading it's OK but if you want to learn i'll implore you to start from the grassroot of the information about God's Kingdom.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:52am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

It's dishonest of you to misquote me. We both know that I never said I am not interested in a group whose teachings are in line with Christ. I have always used the bible and the doctrines of Christ as the basis of my discussions with you. So it's unfair of you to make such a statement. I expected better from you.
I only said I am not looking for a group that picks a few verses in the bible to suit their belief system while neglecting or explaining away the rest of the Bible.
For example if the foundation of your beliefs is not taking part in politics but then you deny many clear teaching's in the scriptures or you add Strange doctrines that are not scriptural, for example saying that angels come around to sleep with girls.

Are all the over 41,000 different sects claiming denominations of Christianity having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines Christians all together?

If not then which of all these groups is practicing what Jesus taught?

I believe it's Jehovah's Witnesses.
So which of them is practicing Christianity for real or you don't believe God answered Jesus' prayer regarding global oneness of thought among his disciples?

“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me. John 17:20:23

Which group do you know that people globally know them as ONE regarding their beliefs? smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:02am On Nov 30, 2021
TenQ:

Only JW's don't respect the scriptures!

When you hear people utter statements like this when there are over 41,000 different sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines claiming denominations of the same religion.
Why not ask which of the religions on planet earth respects the scriptures when there's is contradictions everywhere! smiley

Well the secret of the matter is that Jesus' true disciples will be singled out of all the religions in the world! John 15:19

tctrills take note smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

When you hear people utter statements like this when there are over 41,000 different sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines claiming denominations of the same religion.
Why not ask which of the religions on planet earth respects the scriptures when there's is contradictions everywhere! smiley

Well the secret of the matter is that Jesus' true disciples will be singled out of all the religions in the world! John 15:19

Honestly I don't understand what you mean here. You keep implying things I did not say.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Are all the over 41,000 different sects claiming denominations of Christianity having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines Christians all together?

If not then which of all these groups is practicing what Jesus taught?

I believe it's Jehovah's Witnesses.
So which of them is practicing Christianity for real or you don't believe God answered Jesus' prayer regarding global oneness of thought among his disciples?

“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me. John 17:20:23

Which group do you know that people globally know them as ONE regarding their beliefs? smiley
The answer to your question is every other church.
Catholics have 1 belief system.
Redeem share 1 belief system.
7 days adventist all believe the same.
Wait, you really thought that other churches are not organized that only your church members agree in their beliefs?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

Honestly I don't understand what you mean here. You keep implying things I did not say.

You're not the one i quoted, i just want you to note what the person said:

Only JWs don't respect the scriptures

Yet there are over 41,000 different sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines all claiming denominations of Christianity! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:16am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I've told you that the Bible doesn't TEACH it's only information that needed someone to enlighten you regarding the meaning:

Philip ran alongside and heard him reading aloud Isaiah the prophet, and he said: “Do you actually know what you are reading ?”  He said: “Really, how could I ever do so unless someone guided me?” So he urged Philip to get on and sit down with him. Act 8:30-31

Jesus is the sole mediator of everything that's written in the Bible that's why he is appropriately called "the word of God" {John 1:1} he love using illustrations {Matthew 13:13} so if the reader doesn't learn from his true disciples it will be difficult to comprehend so many things Jesus said. That's why he said:

Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, TEACHING them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things! Matthew 28:19-20

So if you feel like reading and understanding what you're reading it's OK but if you want to learn i'll implore you to start from the grassroot of the information about God's Kingdom.

May you have PEACE! smiley

We can continue playing over symatics. Of course the bible is a book, it does not teach rather, it contains the teachings of Christ.
Again, do you understand what you are saying. You claim to be the chosen one who is able to interpret God's word. But I have given you a chance to do so. I ask questions, I bring up scriptures and you have the floor to interpret as you choose. What more do you want?If you claim to have the ultimate power to interpret God's Word I would tell from the way you answer questions and conduct yourself. Anyone can claim anything. I have given you the opportunity to prove what you claim
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

The answer to your question is every other church.
Catholics have 1 belief system.
Redeem share 1 belief system.
7 days adventist all believe the same.
Wait, you really thought that other churches are not organized that only your church members agree in their beliefs?

YES! YES!! YES!!!
They are not organized like Jehovah's Witnesses.
Being organized simply means they will share the same line of thought just as Jesus prayed {John 17:20-23} if they do who do you think will pick up weapons to go and kill his brother in Christ living in other countries?
Only Jehovah's Witnesses know that it's wrong to pick up weapons due to the orders from a politician then aim at his fellow believer in Christ!
All other religions will do that except Jehovah's Witnesses who are truly ORGANIZED under Jesus Christ! John 13:34-35 smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're not the one i quoted, i just want you to note what the person said:

Yet there are over 41,000 different sects with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines all claiming denominations of Christianity! smiley
There is no need to do that. The other person does not represent me. I have met people that condemn Catholic, I have met those that hate latter day saints, I know people that hate synagogue. You are not the only church that gets knocks from people.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

We can continue playing over symatics. Of course the bible is a book, it does not teach rather, it contains the teachings of Christ.
Again, do you understand what you are saying. You claim to be the chosen one who is able to interpret God's word. But I have given you a chance to do so. I ask questions, I bring up scriptures and you have the floor to interpret as you choose. What more do you want?If you claim to have the ultimate power to interpret God's Word I would tell from the way you answer questions and conduct yourself. Anyone can claim anything. I have given you the opportunity to prove what you claim

You're now doing exactly what you accused me of!
I never said i'm the one given the authority to interpret God's word but i learned from those given the authority to do so. That's why i can quote the scriptures to authenticate what i learned from them. But if you don't agree with what i'm saying it's OK you can hold onto what you believe.
It's a free world my friend! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:29am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

YES! YES!! YES!!!
Being organized simply means they will share the same line of thought just as Jesus prayed {John 17:20-23} if they do who do you think will pick up weapons to go and kill his brother in Christ living in other countries?
Only Jehovah's Witnesses know that it's wrong to pick up weapons due to the orders from a politician then aim at his fellow believer in Christ!
All other religions will do that except Jehovah's Witnesses who are truly ORGANIZED under Jesus Christ! John 13:34-35 smiley
You keep doing this, you raise one verse in the scripture, interpret it and use it as the yardstick for the entire scripture.
What if I show you other organizations that don't pick up arms? Since you believe that picking arms is the sole measure of God's people, if I show you others that don't pick up arms, would you agree that that are also God's true church?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:31am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

There is no need to do that. The other person does not represent me. I have met people that condemn Catholic, I have met those that hate latter day saints, I know people that hate synagogue. You are not the only church that gets knocks from people.

He said:

Only JWs don't respect the scriptures

That's audible enough! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

He said:

That's audible enough! smiley
He said not I so what is your point. He is entitled to his beliefson now you want to hold me responsible for another man's statement?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:34am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're now doing exactly what you accused me of!
I never said i'm the one given the authority to interpret God's word but i learned from those given the authority to do so. That's why i can quote the scriptures to authenticate what i learned from them. But if you don't agree with what i'm saying it's OK you can hold onto what you believe.
It's a free world my friend! smiley
Oh you are saying that you don't have the authority but you represent someone you believe to have the authority right?
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:36am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

YES! YES!! YES!!!
Just so you know, JW is not the first or even the last Church that is against fighting of war. So it's not like it's special. Others started it first.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by NNTR: 8:38am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:
The scriptures clearly teach that the soul and body are not the same.
Matthew 10.28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
I am pleased to see that you know that the soul and the spirit are not the same.

Now next please the two following questions
What is soul, then after that, list what are its faculties?
What is spirit, then after that, list what are its faculties?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by TenQ: 8:41am On Nov 30, 2021
NNTR:
Wrong on all fronts

Absolutely biblically correct

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,
and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective].
It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit [the completeness of a person],
and of both joints and marrow [the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and judging the very thoughts and intentions of the heart.

In your eyes, there is none, but how far from the truth you are.

I doubt you've ever heard or read anything like, 'the spirit that sins it shall die', but I am sure you certainly have heard it correctly said that 'The soul who sins is the one who will die'

Your spirit man, is as just like the Holy Spirit, you are positively influenced by it when it connects to the Holy Spirit frequency to link to the God channel transmission.

You become negatively influenced by your carnal man otherwise known as body or flesh, when it doesnt hook up with your spirit or spirit man, so to connect to the Holy Spirit frequency that links to the God channel transmission.

Your soul, serves as a gateway receptor, or if you like, serves as an opening between your your spirt man and body, where the body, is also known as carnality, flesh or carnal man.

Thanks bro!
All those who believe in the annihilation of the soul at death try to redefine things to suit their doctrine

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

You keep doing this, you raise one verse in the scripture, interpret it and use it as the yardstick for the entire scripture.
What if I show you other organizations that don't pick up arms? Since you believe that picking arms is the sole measure of God's people, if I show you others that don't pick up arms, would you agree that that are also God's true church?

My friend, i'm just kicking off false religions!

There are many things to consider: FAITH
~in God
~in God's Kingdom (Government)
~in Abrahamic Covenant
~in the lineage of Jacob
~in the Promised Messiah (Christ)
~in Jesus as the promised Messiah
~in the group practicing what Jesus taught
~in oneness of Jesus group
~in Love permeating their gathering
~in preaching and teaching work
~in eradication of racism among believers
~in none participation in politics

No group can meet up with these requirements if they're not connected to Christ! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:44am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

He said not I so what is your point. He is entitled to his beliefson now you want to hold me responsible for another man's statement?

No i only want you to know that even when there is contradictions among Pharisees Sadducees, Scribes, and other Jewish Rabbis Jesus' group is singled out as Satanists! Matthew 10:25 smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:46am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

Oh you are saying that you don't have the authority but you represent someone GROUP you believe to have the authority right?

YES! I represent the GROUP having that authority because i connected and learned from them! Zechariah 8:23
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by NNTR: 8:47am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
SOUL means the character while SPIRIT means the energy (breath of life) actuating the BODY.

So when the energy (SPIRIT/breath of life) leaves the body, that power returns to God who gave it {Ecclesiastes 12:7 compare to Genesis 2:7} then the BODY becomes lifeless but the SOUL (character) is in God's memory {Revelations 20:15} if he/she proves to be faithful. But if it's a wicked SOUL (character) God will not remember such a person {Psalms 9:17} so it's like such a person died both BODY and SOUL! Matthew 10:28
Splendid

How much of character does the soul start with?

Yes, the life of the flesh or BODY is in the blood, whereas the life of the soul is in the spirit otherwise known as ruach in Hebrew or simple breath of life in English

When ruach LEAVES the soul and return back to its Owner, who is God, then the soul exits the body to travel to a sectionalised holding place with a gulf separating the two sections, leaving the BODY to return back to the ground as dust

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by TenQ: 8:48am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Let me rephrase so as to remove all ambiguities

Of All who claim to follow Christ, the JW's lead the pack of those who disrespect the plain teachings of the bible!
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by NNTR: 8:50am On Nov 30, 2021
TenQ:
Thanks bro!
All those who believe in the annihilation of the soul at death try to redefine things to suit their doctrine
Well its because they keep forgetting that there is something called a second death

We almost all need to die twice.

Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:50am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

Just so you know, JW is not the first or even the last Church that is against fighting of war. So it's not like it's special. Others started it first.

Only JWs are against WARS! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Only JWs are against WARS! smiley
Good you don't know. I would now give you a few churches that are against war. You can make your research.
Society of Friends or Quakers, the Church of the Brethren, and the Mennonites. All these churches are much older than JW. I can also give you up to 10 younger churches that don't do war.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2021
TenQ:

Let me rephrase so as to remove all ambiguities

Of All who claim to follow Christ, the JW's lead the pack of those who disrespect the plain teachings of the bible!

I would not answer for another man's beliefs
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 9:03am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

No i only want you to know that even when there is contradictions among Pharisees Sadducees, Scribes, and other Jewish Rabbis Jesus' group is singled out as Satanists! Matthew 10:25 smiley
You think you are the only group others persecute? You really don't know much about Christian history then.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:05am On Nov 30, 2021
NNTR:

Splendid
How much of character does the soul start with?

Well the bodies doesn't mean anything to the one taking account of our works because it will routine in the grave. What really matters to God is the character, that's your identity that will be remembered during resurrection you'll be given a new body! smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

My friend, i'm just kicking off false religions!

There are many things to consider: FAITH
~in God
~in God's Kingdom (Government)
~in Abrahamic Covenant
~in the lineage of Jacob
~in the Promised Messiah (Christ)
~in Jesus as the promised Messiah
~in the group practicing what Jesus taught
~in oneness of Jesus group
~in Love permeating their gathering
~in preaching and teaching work
~in eradication of racism among believers
~in none participation in politics

No group can meet up with these requirements if they're not connected to Christ! smiley

These are your conditions.. We are talking of Christ conditions. A church that claims angels sleep with women is not meeting Christ conditions.
If you want us to discuss the conditions for the true church, I am open to it.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by tctrills: 9:08am On Nov 30, 2021
NNTR:
I am pleased to see that you know that the soul and the spirit are not the same.

Now next please the two following questions
What is soul, then after that, list what are its faculties?
What is spirit, then after that, list what are its faculties?

That's a big question. Start a new thread for that.
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:09am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

Good you don't know. I would now give you a few churches that are against war. You can make your research.
Society of Friends or Quakers, the Church of the Brethren, and the Mennonites. All these churches are much older than JW. I can also give you up to 10 younger churches that don't do war.

My friend when you say one to ten but they're not preaching and teaching it then in what way are they doing it effectively?

Jehovah's Witnesses are known globally with our teachings that's what it means to present WORKS not just FAITH! James 2:18 smiley
Re: What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2021
tctrills:

You think you are the only group others persecute? You really don't know much about Christian history then.

The history of Christianity is about persecution for their FAITH not because they interfere in politics.
Only Jehovah's Witnesses are persecuted for not taking sides in politics just as Jesus was neutral! John 15:19; 17:14-16 smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc / African Magic Or Miracle At Mercy Land Today!!! / Why Did Jesus Give Instructions On How To Beat A Slave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.