Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886201 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
I have followed this thread after the strong desire to get a foreign postgraduate degree. Let me quickly acknowledge the good work of Tope, Godson & co. Danke!
I am a Medical doctor but with lots of exposure in electronics engineering. I wanted to apply for MSc in Energy & Process engineering with my MBBS degree and evidence of my company's work as (R&grin) scientist BUT now, since BSc is only 3yrs or 3.5yrs with intense training, I have decided to go for BSc.
My Questions:
1. would age be a barrier? I'm 33.

2. since it is BSc, will my transcript from Med sch be an advantage? remember i am going for engineering program.

3. I am married with 2 children. can I request my family to come over to Germany say after 2years of stay with student visa and good financial capability?.
I am targeting 2014/15 winter semester.
Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
@Godson, Tope and all the gurus here.

What is the German ECTS eqivalent of a Nigerian credit unit, please? The program I want to apply for requires that I prepare a table specifying how many ECTS completed in Research, stats, etc...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
@Godson, Tope and all the gurus here.

What is the German ECTS eqivalent of a Nigerian credit unit, please? The program I want to apply for requires that I prepare a table specifying how many ECTS completed in Research methods, stats, etc...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
pricelessmr: I have followed this thread after the strong desire to get a foreign postgraduate degree. Let me quickly acknowledge the good work of Tope, Godson & co. Danke!
I am a Medical doctor but with lots of exposure in electronics engineering. I wanted to apply for MSc in Energy & Process engineering with my MBBS degree and evidence of my company's work as (R&grin) scientist BUT now, since BSc is only 3yrs or 3.5yrs with intense training, I have decided to go for BSc.
My Questions:

2. since it is BSc, will my transcript from Med sch be an advantage? remember i am going for engineering program.

3. I am married with 2 children. can I request my family to come over to Germany say after 2years of stay with student visa and good financial capability?.
Thanks.

Even if you get an admission, you will have to explain and prove to the VO the reasons for the shift in medicine to Engineering. Furthermore, you will have to provide SOLID and VALID evidences such as experiences in engineering field and many others
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
nachie20: @Godson, Tope and all the gurus here.

What is the German ECTS eqivalent of a Nigerian credit unit, please? The program I want to apply for requires that I prepare a table specifying how many ECTS completed in Research, stats, etc...

A Semester is 30 credits.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
topeajis:

A Semester is 30 credits.

Thanks. Does it mean the units don't matter? If during my Nigerian B.Sc, I took a 3 unit course in statistics, 30 ECTS would be credited?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
pricelessmr: I have followed this thread after the strong desire to get a foreign postgraduate degree. Let me quickly acknowledge the good work of Tope, Godson & co. Danke!
My Questions:

Thanks.

In your case it might not be easy to get the visa .

You are married and you cannot travel with your family.

Why so you want to shift.

You can try your luck though..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 2:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
People waiting for their visa do not worry we shall receive good news.

Afflynis so what happened to your booked flight ??
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
Godson201333: People waiting for their visa do not worry we shall receive good news.

Afflynis so what happened to your booked flight ??
I booked October, so I'm still expecting!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
nachie20:

Thanks. Does it mean the units don't matter? If during my Nigerian B.Sc, I took a 3 unit course in statistics, 30 ECTS would be credited?

The Unit döes nt matter but the Semesters And Ur prog content content
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
t-med:

Even if you get an admission, you will have to explain and prove to the VO the reasons for the shift in medicine to Engineering. Furthermore, you will have to provide SOLID and VALID evidences such as experiences in engineering field and many others
Thanks t-med for d reply.
I have very solid and valid evidence: I own a ltd. company specializes in research and development in EECE. I have designed and implemented useful Projects even for federal institutions. I ve an online certificate with MIT in EECE with distinction. My primary source of income is from electronics engineering and I have documented relationship with some companies in Hong Kong and China regards procurement. I have pictures, circuits, simulation files and source code for most of my projects archived. Without exaggeration, some clients think I have PhD in EE. Embedded Systems and Power electronics is my domain.
Now, while bother with a formal degree? I realise a formal qualification in d field in Germany (not naija) will broaden my scope to handle more advanced projects and also interact authoritatively with global experts.
tmed, what do u think?
I will be expecting answers to the 3 questions raised for admission. Thank you, wonderful community.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
topeajis:

topeajis:

#heaves a sigh of relief. Thanks...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Godson201333:

In your case it might not be easy to get the visa .

You are married and you cannot travel with your family.

You can try your luck though..
Thank u Godson.
I don't want to travel with my family together. I was asking for Possibilities of their joining me there after 2years of my stay. Or do u mean stating that I am married automatically disqualifies me from a student visa?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by teexzle: 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
kelly4top:

i school in baden wattenburg too. you can see Tope is in Berlin and he is enjoying it so pray that God should help choose. to me, all are good so far na germany.

hello pls provide a link tothe website of ur sch..i cant find on google..by the way are u already rounding up ur program in germany
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
I am very Pleased with what you guys pointed out in my case. still expecting more considering my replies above.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
pricelessmr:
There is no age barrier in German education. But you would have to explain to the VO why you are just going for B.Sc at that age.

pricelessmr:

No, i don't think so. The courses and curriculum for medicine are significantly different from that of Engineering.

pricelessmr:

This is complicated because you are still a student. It is probably possible if you are in the working class or have a permanent resident permit.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by teexzle: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
kelly4top:

i school in baden wattenburg too. you can see Tope is in Berlin and he is enjoying it so pray that God should help choose. to me, all are good so far na germany.

hello pls provide a link tothe website of ur sch..by the way are u already rounding up ur program in germany
Re: German Embassy And Visa by pricelessmr: 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
@t-med very useful replies for those 3 questions. God bless u.

@ Godson
Godson201333:

I want to shift because my career( or biz) in electronics at this point requires my accessibility to modern tools, research minded people and factories to aid my completion of some innovative designs.
secondly, I want my children to get early international exposure. By God's grace, I am almost certain that I can easily start a tech company in Deutschland after few years of stay targeting African markets.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Tonjeola1(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hi Travel gurus in the house, how can i download Schengen Visa Application Form plus questionnaire "§54 (6) AufenthG"?
pls i need urgent response, thank u.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by martty4real: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2013
♈̷̴̩‎ε̲̣̣̣̥α̲̅ the long awaited has finally happened,those who where interviewed on d 20th of Aug start getting your things ready because sooner than later dat long awited mail will drop.
With a joyful heart I like to share my joy to serve as hope to others like me who where worried considering d delay.
I got my mail yday and I collected my visa 2day.it could only have been God,don't stop believing yours will come sooooooooon
My interview was on d 20th of Aug and I got that long awited sweet mail yday 19th Sept.1 LOVE to everyone who kept encouraging and praying for us.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
My Questions:

Thanks.

Ur age won't be a problem especially when u have achieved something in those past years. It would have been a problem if u didn't have a degree already.

If u are going for a second Bsc, ur first Bsc transcript is important and an added advantage if u had good grades with relevant courses.

Yes u can bring ur family over if u have stayed as long as 2yrs and have the finance enough to sponsor them. Being married with kids is a good reason why u should get a visa because it shows u have strong ties to Nigeria. Also note that u must not mention ur "Bringing ur family over" during ur interview. Make the V.O believe u intend to return to ur family after ur studies.

Should there be any bridges at all, then it should be u having a good explanation why u are going for a Bsc instead of Msc and how ur previous course concerns what u intend to study.
I hope this helps... My 2 spoons

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
martty4real: ♈̷̴̩‎ε̲̣̣̣̥α̲̅ the long awaited has finally happened,those who where interviewed on d 20th of Aug start getting your things ready because sooner than later dat long awited mail will drop.
With a joyful heart I like to share my joy to serve as hope to others like me who where worried considering d delay.
I got my mail yday and I collected my visa 2day.it could only have been God,don't stop believing yours will come sooooooooon
My interview was on d 20th of Aug and I got that long awited sweet mail yday 19th Sept.1 LOVE to everyone who kept encouraging and praying for us.

Congrats bro, we pray for goodnews for others too

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nkenyy: 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
martty4real: ♈̷̴̩‎ε̲̣̣̣̥α̲̅ the long awaited has finally happened,those who where interviewed on d 20th of Aug start getting your things ready because sooner than later dat long awited mail will drop.
Congrats dear, more good news would fill this lovely thread.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2013

congrats!!! That's great news.. oya go pack your bags

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ganasy: 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
congrt man..uve really encouraged me....
our testimony will come too soon
Re: German Embassy And Visa by candyboi: 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hello pals, pls I need ur hlp I intend studyn at Germany at Technische Universität München (University) • München bt d prblm dia is dat d operate only winter session nd no applictn form on dia website pls dudes how do I apply to study master dia? Thnks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
dmitroika:

yes oh! u sef go come share testimony.
pheeeew! What a long wait. Come be like say na me dem giv the visa sef.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by sammykunjas: 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
Congrats Bro!! God go do am for all of us soon in Jesus name...AMEN!!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dmitroika(m): 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
nachie20:

yes oh! u sef go come share testimony.
pheeeew! What a long wait. Come be like say na me dem giv the visa sef.

Amen oh!! by next week in Jesus' Name
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
dmitroika:

dmoitrika, oya get ready! You are next!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2013

congrats, hope to receive my own mail next week. remember to carry GARRI and freezed draw soup follow body. enjoy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Oladecoolz(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
congratulations Bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.