Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,201 members, 7,829,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886356 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by yuugo: 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
jejet: @Yuugo, got ur message in my inbox. I've not been active on this site for a while. I can see nice stories and I wish all incoming and prospective applicants good luck. I can see the beautiful work done by Tope, Goddson and co., you have been wonderful for the support you have given guys on this forum.
Yuugo, There are masters program in Bioprocess Engineering from some list of schools. There is a high demand for researchers in Bio Engineering in Germany especially in the area of renewable bioresources; more especially, there are lots of research programs in Bioplastic should you wanna do PhD. You should learn some basic programming skills (not necessarily indepth) it will help you in modelling and simulation. But get admission in Bipprocess Engineering, I'm sure you will be equipped with the required skills before you finish your program.

Pls wot are the basic programming skills or can i learn it wen i come over der
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
Object Oriented programming (Java is a good idea)
yuugo:

Pls wot are the basic programming skills or can i learn it wen i come over der
Re: German Embassy And Visa by steelie: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hello all...i am nw in munich...mehn its nt easy getting accomodation for real...see as i dey blow 32euro per nyt for 4days at a 2bed room in a youth hostel....munich is expensive like hell...i just hope i get an offer soon...here is fun too...so many blacks around...bt all man for himsef oo...one has to be careful cos dem fit collect d lil u gat...i just hope i get an offer soon...Germany is very organised..and dey re always ready to assist here..when i lost my way..a german directed me till i got to the hostel...had to get a map for easy movement...as for the shawties here...whoola!!..not lyk the naija babes that snobs at a single wave...i am sure getting down tonight at happy hour with enough beer....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
steelie: Hello all...i am nw in munich...mehn its nt easy getting accomodation for real...see as i dey blow 32euro per nyt for 4days at a 2bed room in a youth hostel....munich is expensive like hell...i just hope i get an offer soon...here is fun too...so many blacks around...bt all man for himsef oo...one has to be careful cos dem fit collect d lil u gat...i just hope i get an offer soon...Germany is very organised..and dey re always ready to assist here..when i lost my way..a german directed me till i got to the hostel...had to get a map for easy movement...as for the shawties here...whoola!!..not lyk the naija babes that snobs at a single wave...i am sure getting down tonight at happy hour with enough beer....

Mehhh i happy for you oooo...dont worry you will get an accommodation soon
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
aroyem4u: Another success story has been recorded on this thread. Apparently, my visa decision was ready all along. As soon as I sent my confirmation of blocked account to the embassy this morning, I got THE MAIL asking me to come with 3 months traveling insurance. Thanks to everyone that supported me on this thread. I'm really grateful... Cheers.
congrats the lord is good.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Use lyca for calling niger and vodafone for bbm.i just got my vodafone today.they charge 15 euro.just go with ur pp thats all.
LillyGemm: What is a cheap pay as you go (not contract) sim to buy in Germany? I would prefer one that has internet (to especially use my phone for directions) and is not expensive to call international numbers. Angel Diamond or anyone in Germany who knows this can please give me an answer...are there networks like Lyca, Lebara and Talk Mobile found in UK which are very cheap to call international numbers? Can I also get a sim on Sunday? One German friend told me that shops are closed on Sunday in Germany.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
finally, my school refused to extend my resumption date that I should wait for next year winter. embassy even mailed me to ask of extension which I still forwarded to them but they refused. embassy later mailed me yesterday for collection of my documents. maybe God want me to go to Germany for my PhD since my master's program here in Nigeria is only remaining just to defend.
but I have some questions.
1. if I get admission in another school preferably this summer, hope there will be no problem with embassy.
2. how is PhD programs in Germany because I my apply for my PhD since am almost through with my masters program here in Nigeria?
3. please I need schools in West that offers civil engineering or related courses in English both for PhD and masters. since the school I applied to before was in east( thuringria).
thanks, am very grateful to all. waiting for answers.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aroyem4u: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
suckermaterial:
congrats the lord is good.

Yess ooo. God is good to us. I pray every one else expecting for this winter will get THE MAIL by God's special grace
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
suckermaterial: finally, my school refused to extend my resumption date that I should wait for next year winter. embassy even mailed me to ask of extension which I still forwarded to them but they refused. embassy later mailed me yesterday for collection of my documents. maybe God want me to go to Germany for my PhD since my master's program here in Nigeria is only remaining just to defend.
1. if I get admission in another school preferably this summer, hope there will be no problem with embassy.
2. how is PhD programs in Germany because I my apply for my PhD since am almost through with my masters program here in Nigeria?
3. please I need schools in West that offers civil engineering or related courses in English both for PhD and masters. since the school I applied to before was in east( thuringria).

Eeyah. God knows best bruh.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2013
suckermaterial: finally, my school refused to extend my resumption date that I should wait for next year winter. embassy even mailed me to ask of extension which I still forwarded to them but they refused. embassy later mailed me yesterday for collection of my documents. maybe God want me to go to Germany for my PhD since my master's program here in Nigeria is only remaining just to defend.

Sorry man am sure you will find better school in the west although mine is in Thuringia..but i will advice you try to do this in time when next you apply to have enough gap between your resumption date and visa application processing....so if you are to do your PHD next year best better start working on it now..God help us all...can you please inform me what questions you were asked during your interview...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by MrniceG: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2013
aroyem4u:

Yes you can go for your interview without the money being in your blocked account yet but you need to have filled and submitted the blocked account opening form. The way I did mine was that I first opened the account, the embassy will give u a slip to prove that u have submitted the form, then I went for my interview. After a few weeks, I got the account number and then I payed into it. It took sometime before I even made payment sef but exactly the day I told the embassy I have made payment, they gave me my visa

After u meight hv paid dis money into ur block account, on getting into Jermany after 2weeks or so can some one wildraw d whole money back.thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2013
aroyem4u:

Brother you are cracking up my ribs.... Lol. Me sef go join the german crew next week

Hello how are you doing? do i sign the visa application form or sign at the front of consulate like block account.

advice me plz
Re: German Embassy And Visa by princeolu254: 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
MrniceG:

After u meight hv paid dis money into ur block account, on getting into Jermany after 2weeks or so can some one wildraw d whole money back.thanks

NO you cant withdraw the whole money...you get 670Euro per month.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
MrniceG:

No sir. You can only withdraw 650euro per month
Re: German Embassy And Visa by MrniceG: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
princeolu254:

NO you cant withdraw the whole money...you get 670Euro per month.

Thanks, but apart 4rm dis money in block acct, like amuch can i keep down dat will take care of all Expenses 4rm d procesein of application form 4 adimission, visa, fleght e.t.c
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
topeajis:

I Knw Luca mobile is much Cheap for Calls and u can also get it at the Airport

Thank you! Did you mean Lyca or there is also Luca mobile? Can I access internet with it?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
futurewise11: Use lyca for calling niger and vodafone for bbm.i just got my vodafone today.they charge 15 euro.just go with ur pp thats all.

Thanks! Is that 15 euro per month? Can I connect to the internet with Lyca in Germany?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by wonderbobs(m): 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
steelie: Hello all...i am nw in munich...mehn its nt easy getting accomodation for real...see as i dey blow 32euro per nyt for 4days at a 2bed room in a youth hostel....munich is expensive like hell...i just hope i get an offer soon...here is fun too...so many blacks around...bt all man for himsef oo...one has to be careful cos dem fit collect d lil u gat...i just hope i get an offer soon...Germany is very organised..and dey re always ready to assist here..when i lost my way..a german directed me till i got to the hostel...had to get a map for easy movement...as for the shawties here...whoola!!..not lyk the naija babes that snobs at a single wave...i am sure getting down tonight at happy hour with enough beer....
whew!!! Finally someone talked about them honnies, in short you should be my best friend.... Congrats man, happy your safe there and don't worry your gonna get a cheaper place to stay... Keep your head up and rep us well......
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2013

Thanks for sharing! I am also very very worried about accommodation...sometimes I even wish I was going to another city or my University was located in another city! Did you book a taxi to get to your hostel? Hope you find a place to stay soon!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2013

Sorry about the University's decision! God knows what's best for you!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
princeolu254:

Hello how are you doing? do i sign the visa application form or sign at the front of consulate like block account.

advice me plz

You sign it there not at the embassy...not like the forms for the blocked account.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
LillyGemm:

Thank you! Did you mean Lyca or there is also Luca mobile? Can I access internet with it?

am nt sure u can access internent with it but u can just buy the lyca when u get to the airport its 10 euro and u will see a credit of 10 euro also on it.. so u can get a better one after..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by joeblack21: 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
hello everyone.pls when going for visa interview should I go with my universit transcript or just degree certificates?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 5:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
joeblack21: hello everyone.pls when going for visa interview should I go with my universit transcript or just degree certificates?

u dont need a transcript just certificates
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
Why don't you guys use bicycles? If the trnasport is so expensive?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
joyoftheLord: Hi Friends, i went to Book emirate to Frankfurt but was asked to Book for returned, and not one way. He said since d student visa is 3 months (which will later be extended), dat i need to get a return ticket which is about 172k else i Might not be allowed to Fly at d check Point. Pls, those who purchased emirate, did u Book one way for d 3 months visa? Secondly, pls which other Airline can allow me to Fly one way from Lagos to Frankfurt even at a cheaper rate? Thanks Friends.

Listen,Nigeria is a country with one of the poorest customer care service in the world,Those people out there knows nothing.

The guy that attended to you might not know the meaning of student visa (Beefing).

Just make sure you travel with all your documents as you might be screened at your port of entry...

I once went to Alitalia and this man said our airline dont fly to Germany.

Fly Etihad or Qatar,sometimes they are even cheaper than Emirate.

Experience Doha cos its lovely!!

I always buy my ticket from abroad cos its always cheaper and better.

If you staying over 5 hours in Dubai try get like 50 dollars just incase you wanna eat however you will also get a voucher meal from Emirate.

If your lay over is for over 10 hours you can experience Dubai town and beach.

Don't ask me how i know all,I am just talking from experiences grin grin grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
Godson201333:

Listen,Nigeria is a country with one of the poorest customer care service in the world,Those people out there knows nothing.

The guy that attended to you might not know the meaning of student visa (Beefing).

Just make sure you travel with all your documents as you might be screened at your port of entry...

I once went to Alitalia and this man said our airline dont fly to Germany.

Fly Etihad or Qatar,sometimes they are even cheaper than Emirate.

Experience Doha cos its lovely!!

I always buy my ticket from abroad cos its always cheaper and better.

If you staying over 5 hours in Dubai try get like 50 dollars just incase you wanna eat however you will also get a voucher meal from Emirate.

If your lay over is for over 10 hours you can experience Dubai town and beach.

Don't ask me how i know all,I am just talking from experiences grin grin grin grin

oya me want to knw Sir ooo.. cos if on stop over u nt allowed to leave the airport shey u risk am ni abi waitin happen wen dubia no be EU how u come do am way u leave the airport sir
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
U dont need any transcript.just go with ur certificate and prayer.
joeblack21: hello everyone.pls when going for visa interview should I go with my universit transcript or just degree certificates?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
Bycicle from where to where?even me i pay like 70 euro for a journey of 30minute.since you dont know the road much its not a nice idea traving from city to city.
Capt. JH Miller:
Why don't you guys use bicycles? If the trnasport is so expensive?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
topeajis:

oya me want to knw Sir ooo.. cos if on stop over u nt allowed to leave the airport shey u risk am ni abi waitin happen wen dubia no be EU how u come do am way u leave the airport sir

Lol with your EU visa you can enter Dubai,They will stamp you out for 40 dollars i think and you get just 72 hours stamp,within 72 hours you must leave Dubai All they need is your ticket that you have a connecting flight.....oo grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
futurewise11: Bycicle from where to where?even me i pay like 70 euro for a journey of 30minute.since you dont know the road much its not a nice idea traving from city to city.

That is where the german language works,Once you cant speak the language even hotels go cheat you.

The taxi drivers uses scope cos its meter,but once you board and ask them wie kostet?i swear na normal reading dem go give you...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
Yes 15 euro every month.u can also use the internet.
LillyGemm:

Thanks! Is that 15 euro per month? Can I connect to the internet with Lyca in Germany?

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.