Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886338 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:04am On Oct 10, 2013
Godson201333:

Uni assist sort nothing out ..

Very simple each document you certified for each school with supporting documents and motivation letter.

Make sur its separate and let your admission forms be at the top.

So that after screening Uni assist can resend to various schools.

If your documents are not properly arranged and clearly separated then you are on your own oo

Don't forget any document because Uni assist will not process your documents until admission date is closed.

If you certified at the embassy they would have already code each document for each school and that way your documents looks pretty and smart lol

they process ur document two weeks they get it and will always ask for any missing document that why it always advisable to apply early...... and if u certify via embassy just certify one set of document with and admission form and then u put the others in same envelop... dealing with uni assist is much easy nt the way think
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:06am On Oct 10, 2013
franklysco: .
Let me answer your question.
I applied to two schools under uni-assist this winter..
You'd write two motivational letter.....you know at the top of each of them, you'd write the name of the school and the course of interest(regular format of motivation letter), then uni-assist would sort each of them to the corresponding admission form. Am sure they know how to read english........

u much correct dealing with them is much easy so far u don pay them fee
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2013
Please any update on ASUU Strike grin grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 9:43am On Oct 10, 2013
Godson201333: Please any update on ASUU Strike grin grin grin

lol dont worry german school will join soon also
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 10:24am On Oct 10, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

See this village man grin
lol
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=nachie20][/quote]yes! But you can't share ur allocated room with someone else o
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Cindino20(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2013
Godson201333: Please any update on ASUU Strike grin grin grin

Baba no update o...ma transcript ish still. dey pending o cry
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2013
dmitroika:

I also booked one way emirates, I did it online but when i called their office to confirm the mode of payment the lady asked why i booked one way and i said 'student', she didnt say anything after that just told me how to go about the payment. I don't want any wahala at the point of entry oh cos it ain't gonna be funny!

Anyways, aflynvir how is Freiburg? Is it as beautiful as they say lol?? and how is cold there for now? I'm entering on monday the 14th. Did you take a train from frankfurt to freiburg?
freiburg is cool! Mehn I don lost tire ehn! Kai! It's beautiful anyways! Bus system is perfect. I've been entering bus without ticket! I MUST NOT BE CAUGHT THO! I'll soon buy the semester ticket! I've also done enrollment at UniFreiburg. You've gat a lot to do o! No delay
Re: German Embassy And Visa by manover: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2013
Hello house, my cousin lives in Imo and he want to travel to lagos to get his university transcript certify, and other documents, Please what do the embassy normally required from applicant before they can get his documents certify at the Germany embassy in Lagos!

I heard they need application letter and international passport? and i don't have application letter, i dont know if they will certify my documents without admission letter! Please i need advice from the house.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:52am On Oct 10, 2013
manover: Hello house, my cousin lives in Imo and he want to travel to lagos to get his university transcript certify, and other documents, Please what do the embassy normally required from applicant before they can get his documents certify at the Germany embassy in Lagos!

I heard they need application letter and international passport? and i don't have application letter, i dont know if they will certify my documents without admission letter! Please i need advice from the house.

they wont certify without admision form.. its admission form nt letter..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 10:52am On Oct 10, 2013
manover: Hello house, my cousin lives in Imo and he want to travel to lagos to get his university transcript certify, and other documents, Please what do the embassy normally required from applicant before they can get his documents certify at the Germany embassy in Lagos!

Ur question sef. Wait. U mean u wanna go to German embassy to certify the documents on behalf of ur Cousin. ? Or U're are going to German embassy to certify ur own personal documents. ?
Anyways try download application form from the university website or uniassist and go along with it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2013
aflynvir: freiburg is cool! Mehn I don lost tire ehn! Kai! It's beautiful anyways! Bus system is perfect. I've been entering bus without ticket! I MUST NOT BE CAUGHT THO! I'll soon buy the semester ticket! I've also done enrollment at UniFreiburg. You've gat a lot to do o! No delay

Amen u wont ooo cos na 40 euro if them catch u oo. but dont try it in Sbahn sha.. cos them they always control well well for inside Sbahn
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 10:58am On Oct 10, 2013
topeajis:

lol dont worry german school will join soon also

Lool. U go fear nah. ASUU (German Chapter)
Re: German Embassy And Visa by CaptJHMiller: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2013
Does this mean there's no german embasy in abuja? I have not come across any stories about anybody going for anything in abuja, its always that old germal lady in lag..
Anyways, I am hoping there is in abuja because that's closer to where I stay.
Omo, to travle come lag cz of certification no make sense naw.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by gaphary(m): 11:37am On Oct 10, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Does this mean there's no german embasy in abuja? I have not come across any stories about anybody going for anything in abuja, its always that old germal lady in lag..

Na only them embassy for lagos dey deal with student visa that na why.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

their is a german embassy in abuja but they don attaned to personal and individuals ans it nt alway must u certify at the embassy some school dont make it compulsory u certify in embassy i applied via uni assist and i didnt certify at the embassy self

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by manover: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
Thanks my broda, my cousin is going there him self on Monday, what if i download the application form via uniassist without filling the form without filling the form, would they certify the documents for him? and i also want to ask if they can certify four copies of the documents for me! because am applying to for different universities.
gaphary:

Ur question sef. Wait. U mean u wanna go to German embassy to certify the documents on behalf of ur Cousin. ? Or U're are going to German embassy to certify ur own personal documents. ?
Anyways try download application form from the university website or uniassist and go along with it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nachie20(f): 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
aflynvir: yes! But you can't share ur allocated room with someone else o
Na wa oh! How would one cope with just €300 nah when food and insurance still dey?! May u find a cheaper one soon oh!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
Angel Diamond:

I flew Lufthansa..........my ticket was booked with a credit card in London........
My story: Before booking i asked a question on nairaland about showing card when checking in my luggage or boarding and someone said i will show the card because he or she was asked to show his own.....I called Lufthansa Lagos to confirm and i was told YES! i will show the card i used to book.....I told the lady that the card that will be used is not in my name and she advised i get the cash and pay myself......A popular boss here on nairaland also said they won`t ask.....
The card holder called Lufthansa London, and he was told that i do not need to show card, that they stopped asking for card since June 2012.....
I got confused and did not know which to follow.....as i would be flying from Nigeria.....
On the day of my departure, i was too carried away to remember the ticket was booked with a card not in my name.....It was when i landed i remembered no one asked atall.....
Atleast, i am sure now that Lufthansa does not ask for cards.........may be different for other airlines though....

I also booked Lufthansa from London with my Brother's credit card in Uk and i flew from Naija to Germany this year and nobody asked me for any cc. 2 times i flew Lufthansa now they dont ask. So book . The 2 airlines that must ask u is Qatar and Emirate. Its even writeen on their online payment portal. Though they remain the cheapest but their journey remains longer cos of transit things.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by aflynvir(m): 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
nachie20:
Na wa oh! How would one cope with just €300 nah when food and insurance still dey?! May u find a cheaper one soon oh!
there are cheaper rooms! My room is self contained! Kitchen bathroom and should be one of the most expensive around
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
joyoftheLord: Hi Friends, i went to Book emirate to Frankfurt but was asked to Book for returned, and not one way. He said since d student visa is 3 months (which will later be extended), dat i need to get a return ticket which is about 172k else i Might not be allowed to Fly at d check Point. Pls, those who purchased emirate, did u Book one way for d 3 months visa? Secondly, pls which other Airline can allow me to Fly one way from Lagos to Frankfurt even at a cheaper rate? Thanks Friends.

it's a business strategy to sale more tickets. My guy that just landed in Germany this week via same Emirate was told the same thing and he insist he wants one way ticket cos as a student he does not know when he will come back and there is no where it is writen in the airline terms and condition that you must book return so why wont they allow u check in except they are ready to refund your money. Pls dont fall mugu for them.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
aflynvir: there are cheaper rooms! My room is self contained! Kitchen bathroom and should be one of the most expensive around
u mean others are not self contained?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Beehandz(m): 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2013

Make copies of ur documents and arrange d copies in d order of d originals puting d filled applicatn form 1st, followed by biodata page of ur passport and oda documents follow suit.

B organised cz immediate d woman @ d desk c u r not on point. She'll tell u to go and come bak.

NB-If u r using waec result. Make copy of d front and bak page.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nduchris: 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
Please , is it easy for me to apply for my master personally in Germany ? i have applied for a family reunion visa and still waiting for response from the embassy . i intended to continue my master program over there . it about three month i have applied .
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
princeolu254:

Sorry man am sure you will find better school in the west although mine is in Thuringia..but i will advice you try to do this in time when next you apply to have enough gap between your resumption date and visa application processing....so if you are to do your PHD next year best better start working on it now..God help us all...can you please inform me what questions you were asked during your interview...
thanks. is just normal questions like why did u select d course and Germany. what u know about ur state and the city,u have to know other states too. the countries around the boundaries of Germany, who is ur sponsor, etc. there is no much deal in the interview, never stop talking until v.o stops u. good luck.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
princeolu254:

Sorry man am sure you will find better school in the west although mine is in Thuringia..but i will advice you try to do this in time when next you apply to have enough gap between your resumption date and visa application processing....so if you are to do your PHD next year best better start working on it now..God help us all...can you please inform me what questions you were asked during your interview...
thanks. is just normal questions like why did u select d course and Germany. what u know about ur state and the city,u have to know other states too. the countries around the boundaries of Germany, who is ur sponsor, etc. there is no much deal in the interview, never stop talking until v.o stops u. good luck. u can still check from thread 43 to 70 to get full details.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by suckermaterial: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
suckermaterial: finally, my school refused to extend my resumption date that I should wait for next year winter. embassy even mailed me to ask of extension which I still forwarded to them but they refused. embassy later mailed me yesterday for collection of my documents. maybe God want me to go to Germany for my PhD since my master's program here in Nigeria is only remaining just to defend.
but I have some questions.
1. if I get admission in another school preferably this summer, hope there will be no problem with embassy.
2. how is PhD programs in Germany because I my apply for my PhD since am almost through with my masters program here in Nigeria?
3. please I need schools in West that offers civil engineering or related courses in English both for PhD and masters. since the school I applied to before was in east( thuringria).
thanks, am very grateful to all. waiting for answers.
please house, is it a must that I must apply for visa next year winter with that same school admission letter that I used before? can I use admission letter from other schools to apply for visa next year winter.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
LillyGemm: What is a cheap pay as you go (not contract) sim to buy in Germany? I would prefer one that has internet (to especially use my phone for directions) and is not expensive to call international numbers. Angel Diamond or anyone in Germany who knows this can please give me an answer...are there networks like Lyca, Lebara and Talk Mobile found in UK which are very cheap to call international numbers? Can I also get a sim on Sunday? One German friend told me that shops are closed on Sunday in Germany.

Lyca is cheap for calling africa.........you can get O2 contract for 2yrs depending on the kind of package you want, you may get a contract with phone or just the sim......you have to review all options and make your choice..... its free to call 02 to 02 and other german numbers with internet but not ideal for calling africa.....O2 and Vodafone are like brother and sister, they have similar pattern..........the cheapest and the very common network for calling africa is lyca...........
I have answered to the best of my knowledge.....cheers
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
steelie: Hello all...i am nw in munich...mehn its nt easy getting accomodation for real...see as i dey blow 32euro per nyt for 4days at a 2bed room in a youth hostel....munich is expensive like hell...i just hope i get an offer soon...here is fun too...so many blacks around...bt all man for himsef oo...one has to be careful cos dem fit collect d lil u gat...i just hope i get an offer soon...Germany is very organised..and dey re always ready to assist here..when i lost my way..a german directed me till i got to the hostel...had to get a map for easy movement...as for the shawties here...whoola!!..not lyk the naija babes that snobs at a single wave...i am sure getting down tonight at happy hour with enough beer....

I paid 190 Euros for my first 3 nights in a hotel with breakfast though........hope you are enjoying the cool weather.....lol............Congrats and nice to know you had a safe flight...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Why don't you guys use bicycles? If the trnasport is so expensive?

na everyone sabi ride?................lol........
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Godson201333:

Lol with your EU visa you can enter Dubai,They will stamp you out for 40 dollars i think and you get just 72 hours stamp,within 72 hours you must leave Dubai All they need is your ticket that you have a connecting flight.....oo grin grin

Too much money, so because you want look Dubai beach you go pay 40 dollars for stamp.....and there are hungry people in Africa, some homeless people in sudan and many unstable Nations in Africa, please try to adopt some of the children oooo..........you too get money to spend, please don`t waste it for beach sighting oo....lol..............olowo baba oo. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by AngelDiamond1: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Godson201333:

That is where the german language works,Once you cant speak the language even hotels go cheat you.

The taxi drivers uses scope cos its meter,but once you board and ask them wie kostet?i swear na normal reading dem go give you...

LOL.........nice one.....wetin i go ask wey them go carry me for free?...........teach me that German Language............I don`t want to pay atall.......... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.