Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,735 members, 7,813,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884465 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
Godson201333: @Eke47 or Eke40,You talk too much...Blah blah blah all na nonsense,Imagine it was even your cousin that was giving you wrong info..Shame on you!!!! .

So you think Germany really care about that your ranking,They care about what you have upstairs..

You better stay and study in that highly ranked Uni-lag! If you carry this kind i too know brain enter Germany,na JOGODO go be your last name.
Hahaha lolz! longest time bro,how is germo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
Germany is cool Guys...I wish everyone success..One love
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
Godson201333: Germany is cool Guys...I wish everyone success..One love
Finally, he hehehehe grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
Eke40seven:
I will (although reluctantly) address this issue as regards the question you asked. I just hope other readers won't further misinterpret my response.
I commented on my cousin's educational background. He studied and still lives in Duisburg and has a kid with a native from that region. I thought I was armed with enough information but his arsenal of information and intellectual fire power on that region was just undeniably superior to mine.
First note that Duisburg is about 33 miles away from kleve (think Lagos-oshodi to Ijebu Ode) and about 25 miles from kamp-linfort (Lagos Oshodi to Shagamu or more). I believe you know that those are the two campuses of the school. He described Kleve as a small, good but sleepy town with a population of less than 50,000 or thereabout. The only highlight being the university of kleve and an arm of Rhine Waal located there and his description of the other campus in Kamp-Linfort was even less inspiring. So he said, "It beats me to moans how you intend to sustain yourself financially in such a place without external help" Although he consoled me by saying I could cross over to Nijmegen in the Netherland [/b]a shipping town with at least 3 times the population of kleve, just 10-12 miles away for a wrap of weed if I get too frustrated and work on the docks to earn my transport fare back (He was brutal) Forgetting that he too worked on the docks in Duisburg (they also have a good inland port) and imported any scrap he could find on the streets. From VW buses to 1993 Duisburg, Shalcke 04 and Dortmund jerseys. Although he finally recommended that I could easily find holiday jobs in nearby Duisburg, Dusseldorf, and Gelsenkirchen (all within 45 miles) if am willing to work[b] even though the area is no longer the leading economic driver of yore.
So that is that for the location (important to me since I was considering the economic side too as an Igbo boy na)
Now for the school, I commented on the age of the school in defence of their poor rankings, he countered by pointing out King Abdullah University of Science and Technology which was created in the same year, 2009 but had made the first 500 list of all 3 universally accepted rankings. (He had answers for everything). If I start elaborating on the details of his comments, it will raise unnecessary arguments. However he said if I intend to use the degree in Nigeria its fine cos no one knows about the school, the name Germany may be my saving grace and sometimes its advantageous to go to an average school because you stand a better chance of graduating within the first 20% of your class which is one of the major things employers in Germany look out for if they don't consider your school.
However, for me I feel he may be a bit prejudiced against the school since he didn't consider the prospects of the school and other positive antecedents and obsessively wants the 'best' for his cousin. Well, do I care what he thinks? I will just be obedient enough to earn his sponsorship letter.
P.S: Note that these are just the opinions of my cousin and should not be used as a basis to nail me to the cross.

Now, dude, it's high time you keep your mouth shut angry. I am not bragging but there is no way you will know about this region than I do. I live here! Everything your cousin told you is completely trash. Why the fu** would a student on German student visa go to Holland(Nijmegen) to work when there are enormous job in Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Bochum, Krefeld among many others?

I would NEVER use such comparison: Lagos-Oshodi-Ijebuode....What the heck? angry I am sure my fellow nairalanders in Germany would agree with me that it is not logical to make such transportation comparisons. The train are regular (except in exceptional cases), planned, and too organised to be compared. I see no reason why a student can't live in Kleve and work in Dusseldorf, Duisburg, Krefeld among many others.

To general nairalanders, who want to study in Rhein Waal University. Don't let this guy and his so-called brother get you confused. Many of the things is saying with regard to Rhein Waal University is trash. German education system works differently. Of course, ranking matters. But the way he explained it is not the way it works. His cousin should know better. Students from several developed countries such as the USA, Australia, Hong Kong and other European countries also study in Rhein-Waal, not just international students from Africa and Asia.

Getting a student job for students in Rhein Waal cannot be that difficult. Common guys! Kleve is surrounded by several big cities in Germany, of which you can shuttle back and forth for free, by using your semester tickets. I keep on asking myself: what the fu** do you mean by going to Holland to get a job

P.S: For students of Rhein Waal, You don't have to live in Kleve. You can live in Krefeld, which is just 15 minutes away from Dusseldorf and about 30 minutes away from Duisburg and 1 hour away from the University by train. And for students, whose campus is located in Kamp litford: Krefeld to your campus is only about 25 minutes.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Let there be peace in this house. Enough is enough o.. Person go soon chop slap here if una no take time o cheesy
ekene kwa m unu
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
tmed1:

Now, dude, it's high time you keep your mouth shut angry. I am not bragging but there is no way you will know about this region than me. I live here!. Everything your cousin told you is completely thrash. Why the fu** would you go to Holland(Nijmegen) to work when there are ernomous job in Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Bochum, Krefeld?

I would NEVER use such comparison: Lagos-Oshodi-Ijebuode....What the heck? angry I am sure my fellow nairalanders in Germany would agree with me that it is not logical to make such transportation comparisons). The train are regular (except in exceptional cases of course), planned, and too organised to be compared. I see no reason why a student can't live in Kleve and work in Dusseldorf, Duisburg, Krefeld among many others.

To general nairalanders, who want to study in Rhein Waal University. Don't let this guy and his so-called brother get you confused. Many of the things is saying with regard to Rhein Waal University is thrash. Germany education system works differently. Of course, ranking matters. But the way he explained it is not the way it works. His brother should know better. Students from several developed countries such as the USA, Australia, Hong Kong also study in Rhein-Waal, not just African and Asian students.

Getting a student job for students in Rhein Waal cannot be that difficult. Common guys! Kleve is surrounded by several big cities in Germany, of which you can shuttle back and forth for free, by using your semester tickets. I ask myself what the fu[b]**[/b] do you mean by going to Holland tom get a job

P.S: For students of Rhein Waal, You don't have to live in Kleve. You can live in Krefeld, which is just 15 mins. away from Dusseldorf and 30 mins away from Duisburg and 1 hour away from the University by train.
God bless you my brother.I am a prospective student o and oga eke just trying to discourage me with his trashes here.whereas he is not there yet.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hi guys! I am a prospective student for TUM for 2014 winter semester. Got admission for the program i applied for which will start in October but i want to defer the admission for next year. How do i go about it? Anybody with ideas? Admitted TUM students? Any ideas? #teamnotwinter
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
segadebayo:
I sent mine over two weeks, no response still it depends on your date of enrollment if it's October u wld wait a while

Don't send twice. Be calm...They will reply you shortly. And do check your spam mail.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
ebele17: Hi guys! I am a prospective student for TUM for 2014 winter semester. Got admission for the program i applied for which will start in October but i want to defer the admission for next year. How do i go about it? Anybody with ideas? Admitted TUM students? Any ideas? #teamnotwinter
ebele17: Hi guys! I am a prospective student for TUM for 2014 winter semester. Got admission for the program i applied for which will start in October but i want to defer the admission for next year. How do i go about it? Anybody with ideas? Admitted TUM students? Any ideas? #teamnotwinter
I don't think you can defer,you can only re-apply. However, the best person to answer your question is Mrs Laerm.I guess you know her.Cheers.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
damsamty16:
I never heard people here go to abuja.I think u should go to lagos bro..i stand to be corrected!
you can go to Abuja,but u will send the forms to Deutsche bank yourself.However, you must be staying in the North.The Abuja embassy is for Northern residents,although you can still try but don't tell them you are not staying in the North.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ogbeche77: Another Tum applicant in the house.. Munich go full for winter grin grin grin grin grin... Make all of una carry stock fish come oooooo angry angry angry angry
Have you been offered admission? I have.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 11:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
Maybe be the guy is talking about another unilag...not the one I finished from grin grin grin
Nimakor:
Well, I see you are lumping everything together.
First, I presume you know that Universities and TechUnis are quite different from Unis of applied sciences... which are not as highly ranked mainly because by law they are not allowed to award PhDs...
Secondly, your claim is downright false...my judgment was not even remotely influenced by my prospective university. I have two choices...Go purely research or a bit more of practically-oriented career. At the moment, I am leaning towards the latter. And as a UofAS, it is one of the best.
The truth is these rankings are at best arbitrary, as a certain threshold is reached. Why do you think major rankings consider only first 500 at most?Almost every school is ranked..even the newly sanctioned FedUnis...that are still putting their manpower together.

On a lighter note, do you realistically believed that the reputation of Unilag is better than that of Hochschule Rhein Waal? Bros Nigerian Universities are not even 'internationalised', yet.
I think you are the one that is being sentimental.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
Eke40seven:
Am beginning to doubt the basis for your conclusions. I personally have course mates who are in University of Glasgow, Reading, New York City university, and two with admission into Salford and Edinburgh and apart from the one in New York, the rest were not even among the best in my class. These schools mentioned will compete among the best if not better than any school in Germany (These are just classmates whom I graduated with in 2012)! The list is endless for my set in other departments currently studying in the very best universities in the world! and I mean the very best. I myself have gotten admission into a German University!
To augment the basis of my doubt as regards some of your claims. I googled your hallowed zum Beispel University or whatever name you conjured up and the only results I saw was the name of an Author and text book in german. Your 20 year old University with "140 professors across 5 departments" doesn't even exist on Google, thus its non existence on the rankings (I used other search engines too)
The university is probably a German equivalent of CIA, NSA, SSS or KGB secret training school for special agents thus its secrecy. At least I can Google Unilag and know it exist and may be worry about its standard later.
Honestly, be warned that some privates universities in Germany are not accredited which renders the certificate useless at least for the period under review! I have the info on good ground! You can check that out and thank me later.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by MOBBDEEP: 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
Eke40seven:
I will (although reluctantly) address this issue as regards the question you asked. I just hope other readers won't further misinterpret my response.
However, for me I feel he may be a bit prejudiced against the school since he didn't consider the prospects of the school and other positive antecedents and obsessively wants the 'best' for his cousin. Well, do I care what he thinks? I will just be obedient enough to earn his sponsorship letter.
P.S: Note that these are just the opinions of my cousin and should not be used as a basis to nail me to the cross.

You are too much.
So is that your cousin.
But, then, you need not use a deriding nor derogatory remark at someone's institution as you did with that "Biespel" organization.
But, obviously, you sure raised some very important & valid points.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 11:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
God blessings bro grin
tmed1:

Now, dude, it's high time you keep your mouth shut angry. I am not bragging but there is no way you will know about this region than I do. I live here! Everything your cousin told you is completely trash. Why the fu** would a student on German student visa go to Holland(Nijmegen) to work when there are enormous job in Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Bochum, Krefeld among many others?

I would NEVER use such comparison: Lagos-Oshodi-Ijebuode....What the heck? angry I am sure my fellow nairalanders in Germany would agree with me that it is not logical to make such transportation comparisons. The train are regular (except in exceptional cases), planned, and too organised to be compared. I see no reason why a student can't live in Kleve and work in Dusseldorf, Duisburg, Krefeld among many others.

To general nairalanders, who want to study in Rhein Waal University. Don't let this guy and his so-called brother get you confused. Many of the things is saying with regard to Rhein Waal University is trash. German education system works differently. Of course, ranking matters. But the way he explained it is not the way it works. His cousin should know better. Students from several developed countries such as the USA, Australia, Hong Kong and other European countries also study in Rhein-Waal, not just international students from Africa and Asia.

Getting a student job for students in Rhein Waal cannot be that difficult. Common guys! Kleve is surrounded by several big cities in Germany, of which you can shuttle back and forth for free, by using your semester tickets. I keep on asking myself: what the fu** do you mean by going to Holland to get a job

P.S: For students of Rhein Waal, You don't have to live in Kleve. You can live in Krefeld, which is just 15 minutes away from Dusseldorf and about 30 minutes away from Duisburg and 1 hour away from the University by train. And for students, whose campus is located in Kamp litford: Krefeld to your campus is only about 25 minutes.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dcitizen1: 2:55am On Jul 30, 2014
@damsamty16,

I have not received ur reply on how you select alternative course of study issue that i raised. I had clicked a link named additional course but a page appeared requiring me to select course of study. when i clicked on the drop down menu, no course options are listed for selection. I need ur help on how to correct this issue since u had been through it before. I have already applied for admission in the school but i need to select more courses of study. Thanks and i referring to rhein- waal university of applied science registration for admission process.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dcitizen1: 2:56am On Jul 30, 2014
@damsamty16, tmed1

I have not received ur reply on how you select alternative course of study issue that i raised. I had clicked a link named additional course but a page appeared requiring me to select course of study. when i clicked on the drop down menu, no course options are listed for selection. I need ur help on how to correct this issue since u had been through it before. I have already applied for admission in the school but i need to select more courses of study. Thanks and i referring to rhein- waal university of applied science registration for admission process.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eleonyeb: 3:41am On Jul 30, 2014
kayusboss: Maybe be the guy is talking about another unilag...not the one I finished from grin grin grin
I won't boast that I have a superior language skill or that i don't make mistakes frequently but seriously.... 'talking' on a forum like this? Nairaland radio or TV? and .."i finished from"? ... considering the length of your post
You claimed that you are a product of Unilag?
Well, you could be though but for your information, working for long years at a 'business centre' in the school doesn't make you an alumnus.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 7:37am On Jul 30, 2014
dcitizen1: @damsamty16,

You said u've already applied which means you have submitted your application.You can only choose addittional course before submitting not after.If your first course has no limited entrance and u met all requirements,u are covered.Let's keep praying without ceasing we will receive the goodnews bro.
I stand to be corrected!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 7:38am On Jul 30, 2014
Eleonyeb:
I won't boast that I have a superior language skill or that i don't make mistakes frequently but seriously.... 'talking' on a forum like this? Nairaland radio or TV? and .."i finished from"? ... considering the length of your post
Well, you could be though but for your information, working for long years at a 'business centre' in the school doesn't make you an alumnus.

I'm just curious: Your username was created this morning. Hope it's not what I'm thinking
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2014
Eleonyeb:
Bros are u in germany?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 7:42am On Jul 30, 2014
tmed1:

I'm just curious: Your username was created this morning. Hope it's not what I'm thinking
Eke's cousin is finally here to defend his brother.Let's hear what he has to say
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 30, 2014
geemana: I don't think you can defer,you can only re-apply. However, the best person to answer your question is Mrs Laerm.I guess you know her.Cheers.

Na wah oo!! I dont know any Mrs. Laerm!!!!!! Who is she? How can i contact her? Thanks!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 8:57am On Jul 30, 2014
I spent the night reading from page 296 (recovery point) to 338, I would use my next free time to read some more of the older pages.
Anyway I was able to make some deductions and I would be glad to get responses but please go easy on me if these are repeated questions.

1. The German Embassy's website states that "In order to obtain an appointment for submission of your visa application, you are requested to send scans of your admission letter, proof of financial means as well as your passport data page", but after partially going through the thread, I discovered that people first apply for the blocked account and then use it to book an appointment (I'm guessing) thereby not needing the 'proof of financial means'. Is my assumption right?

2. After sending the form to Deutsche Bank, which I've read takes about 4 weeks for the account to be opened, which information do you use to book an appointment (if 1. is right). As in, do you get any confirmation page when you fill the online form which you can then use to book the appointment whilst your account is being processed?

3. Do pick the 'Visa Application Forms (Application for a Residence Permit)' from the embassy?

Thanks guys.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papilon89: 9:30am On Jul 30, 2014
damilola15: I spent the night reading from page 296 (recovery point) to 338, I would use my next free time to read some more of the older pages.
Anyway I was able to make some deductions and I would be glad to get responses but please go easy on me if these are repeated questions.

1. The German Embassy's website states that "In order to obtain an appointment for submission of your visa application, you are requested to send scans of your admission letter, proof of financial means as well as your passport data page", but after partially going through the thread, I discovered that people first apply for the blocked account and then use it to book an appointment (I'm guessing) thereby not needing the 'proof of financial means'. Is my assumption right?

2. After sending the form to Deutsche Bank, which I've read takes about 4 weeks for the account to be opened, which information do you use to book an appointment (if 1. is right). As in, do you get any confirmation page when you fill the online form which you can then use to book the appointment whilst your account is being processed?

3. Do pick the 'Visa Application Forms (Application for a Residence Permit)' from the embassy?

Thanks guys.

1. proof of financial means is always needed. sntimes opening of blocked account by the bank is as early as a week after submission of the form. the embassy will give you a slip after the submission of your blocked account form.

2. when you open your blocked account, you will be given a slip...... you can use that slip to book for your visa interview appointment......but know that your visa will not be giiven to u, even if it has been approved, until you have funded the account.
3 you download it from the consulate's website
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 9:47am On Jul 30, 2014
shocked shocked shocked
There's no point raising the issue again since others are complaining. And Its very unfortunate you can make such a disgraceful comment about your family. Mind you, you won't get what you asked for as my contribution is still very useful for prospective applicants here.
Who said I'm not proud of Unilag
But let's face the facts. Maybe Eke and his cousin grin grin didn't didn't study a science oriented program in unilag. I'm sure if they've shared a microscope with a whole class etc. they won't have been comparing unilag with rhine waal. A well respected unilag lecturer confirmed to my class that the ranking is based on webometrics.
I will stop here....
I'm very sorry for derailing the thread. You guys have been wonderful..
Even T-med and Godson came all the way from Germo to clear the air shocked shocked
Very impressive grin grin

Eleonyeb:
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2014
Thank you for the quick response

papilon89:
1. proof of financial means is always needed.

2. when you open your blocked account, you will be given a slip...... you can use that slip to book for your visa interview appointment......but know that your visa will not be giiven to u, even if it has been approved, until you have funded the account.

If I go by the bolded, would I still include the proof of financial means. I asking because it would take me some time to get my 'proof of financial means' so if I can use the slip alone, I could save myself some time; probably use that time to start the process of funding.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nikdam: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2014
Please guys where can i register for ielts or toefl in ibadan, thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2014
damilola15: Thank you for the quick response

If I go by the bolded, would I still include the proof of financial means. I asking because it would take me some time to get my 'proof of financial means' so if I can use the slip alone, I could save myself some time; probably use that time to start the process of funding.

Damilola,
Let me use my situation then as a case study. I applied to open a block account @ the embassy on the 26th of May,i was given a slip confirming that I have applied to open a block account(the consular officer told me that I can use the slip to apply for my interview. Immediately I got home, I scanned the slip and attached it to an email alongside my admission letter plus data page of my passport and sent to the embassy to apply for interview. I was replied about an hour later to come for my interview on June 13th.
On my interview day, I went with that same slip( though) I had seen my bank account details from Deutsche Bank. After the interview, the consular office told me to fund the account and I equally got a mail from the embassy that same day, informing me to send them a copy of the confirmation of fund from Deutsche Bank as soon as I have it.
I made the transfer on 16th July and sent the confirmation on 18th July. On 22 july, I was mailed to come for the visa.
I hope this narration helps you and others to clear the air on the issue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2014
bissiejoe:

Damilola,
Let me use my situation then as a case study.

Bissiejoe, your response was more than helpful. Thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 10:29am On Jul 30, 2014
bissiejoe:

Damilola,
Let me use my situation then as a case study. I applied to open a block account @ the embassy on the 26th of May,i was given a slip confirming that I have applied to open a block account(the consular officer told me that I can use the slip to apply for my interview. Immediately I got home, I scanned the slip and attached it to an email alongside my admission letter plus data page of my passport and sent to the embassy to apply for interview. I was replied about an hour later to come for my interview on June 13th.
On my interview day, I went with that same slip( though) I had seen my bank account details from Deutsche Bank. After the interview, the consular office told me to fund the account and I equally got a mail from the embassy that same day, informing me to send them a copy of the confirmation of fund from Deutsche Bank as soon as I have it.
I made the transfer on 16th July and sent the confirmation on 18th July. On 22 july, I was mailed to come for the visa.
I hope this narration helps you and others to clear the air on the issue.

thanks bissyjoe,I applied for block account opening at abuja embassy but I wasn't given any slip.However, details of my account has been forwarded to me by the Deutsche bank. I guess I will just use that in place of the slip.

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.