Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884493 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 30, 2014
Is it blocked account or block account?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 10:47am On Jul 30, 2014
ferdimako: Is it blocked account or block account?

is block or blocked your own issue Mr Efiko?you always looking for someone to fault on here.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 30, 2014
Godson201333:

is block or blocked your own issue Mr Efiko?you always looking for someone to fault on here.
I just wanted people to get it right. I didn't quote anybody to avoid targeting anybody. Are you okay?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 11:05am On Jul 30, 2014
ferdimako:
I just wanted people to get it right. I didn't quote anybody to avoid targeting anybody. Are you okay?

You are senseless,Is it now that you want to correct someone that its called block or blocked account?Nonsense! who ask you for correction mr I too know?'

I think Ebola virus has hit this our own good thread,this is why i stop coming here...pls beware of ferdimako,Eke47 and more......They have nothing upstairs.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 30, 2014
Godson201333:

You are senseless,Is it now that you want to correct someone that its called block or blocked account?Nonsense! who ask you for correction mr I too know?
Haha...I didn't call u na.....Germany can't refine u after all.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2014
I noticed something about Ferdimako.. he has gone haywire after attaining 7.5 in his IELTS. shocked shocked angry angry
his target audience is correcting people who make mistakes while typing or sort. tongue tongue tongue
Mind you, there are vacancies all around you for an english teacher. undecided undecided undecided
if not, go to your australia/canada thread and leave us alone.. wink wink wink wink
Either block or blocked.. the message have been passed.

Die Deutschen sind nicht besonders uber Englisch smiley
Wir sprechen Deutsch

In other words, thank you Beebee (bernard) fur die bucher.
Gott segne dich
Gemeinsam sind wir stark
Sie sehen in deutschland

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2014
geemana: Have you been offered admission? I have.
congratulation
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2014
dolpaz: I noticed something about Ferdimako.. he has gone haywire after attaining 7.5 in his IELTS. shocked shocked angry angry
his target audience is correcting people who make mistakes while typing or sort. tongue tongue tongue
Mind you, there are vacancies all around you for an english teacher. undecided undecided undecided
if not, go to your australia/canada thread and leave us alone.. wink wink wink wink

Wir sprechen Deutsch

Gott segne dich
Gemeinsam sind wir stark
Sie sehen in deutschland
hahaha...not good enough. U know me so well....stay as you are....some people still welcome improvements. You can't speak for all. Hahhah tongue
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Justcul(m): 11:23am On Jul 30, 2014
Godson201333:

You are senseless,Is it now that you want to correct someone that its called block or blocked account?Nonsense! who ask you for correction mr I too know?'

I think Ebola virus has hit this our own good thread,this is why i stop coming here...pls beware of ferdimako,Eke47 and more......They have nothing upstairs.

Gbam! U nailed it mr Godson, may d almighty God bless u...

Never knew you've been observing things.. Dts y some of us retracted back to our crib..

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by edufabulous(m): 11:24am On Jul 30, 2014
Can we all calm down @Godson201333, please take it easy, you know you're one of the "elders" in this forum and as such when people of your calibre get angry, things go wrong.... Honestly I've gained a lot from @eke47 and @ferdimako, just that when people over elaborate stuffs it reduces the quality of information they're giving out... All in all, you guys have been wonderful....
In other news grin Has anyone received admission notification from FSU Jena? Our bosses in germo, @Godson20133 n co. how is Jena as par study, jobs and the people?....tanx...one love
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Godson201333(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2014
dolpaz: I noticed something about Ferdimako.. he has gone haywire after attaining 7.5 in his IELTS. shocked shocked angry angry

Wir sprechen Deutsch

Gott segne dich
Gemeinsam sind wir stark
Sie sehen in deutschland

...7.5 Ielts is gonna expire next year,Nobody is looking for teacher on here......Like i said earlier make una stay away from EBOLA VIRUSES!!!!

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eleonyeb: 11:25am On Jul 30, 2014
kayusboss: shocked shocked shocked
There's no point raising the issue again since others are complaining. And Its very unfortunate you can make such a disgraceful comment about your family. Mind you, you won't get what you asked for as my contribution is still very useful for prospective applicants here.
Who said I'm not proud of Unilag
But let's face the facts. Maybe Eke and his cousin grin grin didn't didn't study a science oriented program in unilag. I'm sure if they've shared a microscope with a whole class etc. they won't have been comparing unilag with rhine waal. A well respected unilag lecturer confirmed to my class that the ranking is based on webometrics.
I will stop here....
I'm very sorry for derailing the thread. You guys have been wonderful..
Even T-med and Godson came all the way from Germo to clear the air shocked shocked
Very impressive grin grin

I see you can't even comprehend simple sentences to save your life. My earlier post was not in reference to your denial of or pride in being a Unilag graduate but a bare faced submission that you are a UNILAG IMPOSTOR! That was deduced however from your poor use of grammar though I must admit that the marked improvement in your subsequent post is highly commendable.
I won't say that Unilag is better than Rhine Waal or vice versa, as comparing both in general terms may give room for bias. It will be rather fair for comparisons to be made along individual departments or indicators, Say, Mechanical Engineering Rhine Waal vs Mechanical Engineering Unilag or Economics RW vs Economics Unilag or comparing quality or brilliance of students. If you think along that line, you will see that your perception and judgement of who is better may change. For instance, many of the very best candidates in the country do choose Unilag (fact) but can we say the same for Rhine Waal? I doubt! On the other hand, the facilities provided by SOME department in Rhine Waal is cutting edge (I feel) but can you vouch for Unilag in that area? Bigger doubt! In judging the two, note that their focus differs, one is theoretical, the other is practical oriented
Further, the standard of the tertiary institutions (apart from may be the top 4) in the nation is rather abysmally low so anyone coming from Nigeria will be awed by what Rhine Waal has to offer but I doubt if that will be the case for someone from a country exposed to top notch education. For instance, a RWTH Aachen, Manheim or Duisburg student may look down snobbishly and derogatorily at someone from Rhine Waal, but to an OOU student (no insult meant), Rhine Waal is 3rd heaven! FACT! So 'quality' sometimes may be subjective and relative.
I feel this should put to rest the the Rhine Waal vs Unilag debate. My advice is this, If you have options, don't hesitate to go for the best by doing EXTENSIVE research and if you don't have the luxury of that, make best use of what you have. Do your best and graduate within the first 20% of your class and take your German language courses VERY VERY VERY seriously, if you intend to stay back for work and it gives you an opportunity to even switch to a 'better' school if you are not too satisfied with what your current institution has to offer . That checked, be rest assured that the sky will be your starting point.
P.S: If you're wondering if this is Eke's cousin then you're right. oh! but not the one in Duisburg. LOL
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2014
edufabulous: Can we all calm down @Godson201333, please take it easy, you know you're one of the "elders" in this forum and as such when people of your calibre get angry, things go wrong.... Honestly I've gained a lot from @eke47 and @ferdimako, just that when people over elaborate stuffs it reduces the quality of information they're giving out... All in all, you guys have been wonderful....
In other news grin Has anyone received admission notification from FSU Jena? Our bosses in germo, @Godson20133 n co. how is Jena as par study, jobs and the people?....tanx...one love
Thank you. With that his handle and signature.... he is a misnomer. How I wish he and others have an idea!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 30, 2014
Godson201333:

...7.5 Ielts is gonna expire next year,Nobody is looking for teacher on here......Like i said earlier make una stay away from EBOLA VIRUSES!!!!
You are not improving in behavior.... Germany can't cleanse you of that. Still same old crackers!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 30, 2014
Eleonyeb:
I see you can't even comprehend simple sentences to save your life. My earlier post was not in reference to your denial of or pride in being a Unilag graduate but a bare faced submission that you are a UNILAG IMPOSTOR! That was deduced however from your poor use of grammar though I must admit that the marked improvement in your subsequent post is highly commendable.
I won't say that Unilag is better than Rhine Waal or vice versa, as comparing both in general terms may give room for bias. It will be rather fair for comparisons to be made along individual departments or indicators, Say, Mechanical Engineering Rhine Waal vs Mechanical Engineering Unilag or Economics RW vs Economics Unilag or comparing quality or brilliance of students. If you think along that line, you will see that your perception and judgement of who is better may change. For instance, many of the very best candidates in the country do choose Unilag (fact) but can we say the same for Rhine Waal? I doubt! On the other hand, the facilities provided by SOME department in Rhine Waal is cutting edge (I feel) but can you vouch for Unilag in that area? Bigger doubt! In judging the two, note that their focus differs, one is theoretical, the other is practical oriented
Further, the standard of the tertiary institutions (apart from may be the top 4) in the nation is rather abysmally low so anyone coming from Nigeria will be awed by what Rhine Waal has to offer but I doubt if that will be the case for someone from a country exposed to top notch education. For instance, a RWTH Aachen, Manheim or Duisburg student may look down snobbishly and derogatorily at someone from Rhine Waal, but to an OOU student (no insult meant), Rhine Waal is 3rd heaven! FACT! So 'quality' sometimes may be subjective and relative.
I feel this should put to rest the the Rhine Waal vs Unilag debate. My advice is this, If you have options, don't hesitate to go for the best by doing EXTENSIVE research and if you don't have the luxury of that, make best use of what you have. Do your best and graduate within the first 20% of your class and take your German language courses VERY VERY VERY seriously, if you intend to stay back for work and it gives you an opportunity to even switch to a 'better' school if you are not too satisfied by your current institution . That checked, be rest assured that the sky will be your starting point.
P.S: If you're wondering if this is Eke's cousin then you're right. oh! but not the one in Duisburg. LOL
Good points but the thing is if you consider unilag better...why going to Germany? And he even has a UoAS admission which means he could not get into any top school. So his Unilag credentials couldn't deliver the goods.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 11:41am On Jul 30, 2014
Godson201333:

So Ferdimako is now the "EBOLA" of german thread.. cry cry embarassed embarassed tongue tongue
Please, where is the nearest Quarantine?? undecided undecided
I refuse to quote any ferdimako words ooo grin grin grin grin grin
Godson, ferdimako is your guy.. biko, abeg, bitte no vex cheesy cheesy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 30, 2014
dolpaz:
So Ferdimako is now the "EBOLA" of german thread.. cry cry embarassed embarassed tongue tongue
Please, where is the nearest Quarantine?? undecided undecided
I refuse to quote any ferdimako words ooo grin grin grin grin grin
Godson, ferdimako is your guy.. biko, abeg, bitte no vex cheesy cheesy
Don't take things personally.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
geemana: thanks bissyjoe,I applied for block account opening at abuja embassy but I wasn't given any slip.However, details of my account has been forwarded to me by the Deutsche bank. I guess I will just use that in place of the slip.

I am not sure if you can use the confirmation of account details, if you have your fund ready, make the transfer and you will get the confirmation of transfer in two days. Then you can use that to apply for interview
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bissiejoe: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
Eleonyeb:
I feel this should put to rest the the Rhine Waal vs Unilag debate. My advice is this, If you have options, don't hesitate to go for the best by doing EXTENSIVE research and if you don't have the luxury of that, make best use of what you have. Do your best and graduate within the first 20% of your class and take your German language courses VERY VERY VERY seriously, if you intend to stay back for work and it gives you an opportunity to even switch to a 'better' school if you are not too satisfied with what your current institution has to offer . That checked, be rest assured that the sky will be your starting point.
Are you telling me that all Unilag graduates speak or write good english?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eleonyeb: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
ferdimako:
Good points but the thing is if you consider unilag better...why going to Germany? And he even has a UoAS admission which means he could not get into any top school. So his Unilag credentials couldn't deliver the goods.
Well there is more to that than meets the eye, he had actually secured admission into the University of Glasgow for masrers and Salford in Manchester (for direct PhD)! but did not apply early enough for scholarships for the academic year (hope you get the full picture) so he deferred his admission (I think he has). His CGPA was well above 4 point something (not sure exactly) so I would doubt he would have problems securing admission. Germany was suggested as an interim place for him quite a bit late, and the available courses in English he could pick from was rather limited as almost all the schools offer it in German.
Howbeit, the UoAS he was accepted in is VERY VERY modest and also modern. Oops! I hope I've not divulged too much personal information.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eleonyeb: 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
My bro that I replied above, the first part of the reply was just a hearty banter written in a miff of slight irritation. Sorry. Hope you dig?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eleonyeb: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
bissiejoe:
Are you telling me that all Unilag graduates speak or write good english?
Why the focus and emphasis on Unilag? Please I implore that 'we' ignore comments that derail the thread and focus more on the parts that add value (am guilty though)..LOL
On a serious note, the answer to your question is far from affirmative. However I believe having met the criteria for writing post-UME abi UTME with a strong emphasis on English language, and passing them (which I believe, is the strictest and competitive) and considering the vertigo inducing high cut off marks, I would expect a level of fluency from someone who had gotten admission there. And if his claims were true, then he has proved it with his subsequent post.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
edufabulous:

Yes, a little more than 2 months ago I received admission notification(s) from FSU, ASP precisely.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emerald14: 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Please those that made use of sponsorship letter, what questions was asked about the sponsor

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by afodam247: 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
bissiejoe:

Damilola,
Let me use my situation then as a case study. I applied to open a block account @ the embassy on the 26th of May,i was given a slip confirming that I have applied to open a block account(the consular officer told me that I can use the slip to apply for my interview. Immediately I got home, I scanned the slip and attached it to an email alongside my admission letter plus data page of my passport and sent to the embassy to apply for interview. I was replied about an hour later to come for my interview on June 13th.
On my interview day, I went with that same slip( though) I had seen my bank account details from Deutsche Bank. After the interview, the consular office told me to fund the account and I equally got a mail from the embassy that same day, informing me to send them a copy of the confirmation of fund from Deutsche Bank as soon as I have it.
I made the transfer on 16th July and sent the confirmation on 18th July. On 22 july, I was mailed to come for the visa.
I hope this narration helps you and others to clear the air on the issue.
@bissiejoe
Wow, I never knew one can uss the slip for processing of the interview. But now my financial statement is ready and I have sent this alongside the other stuffs to the embassy since 25th of this month, but I haven't receive any mail from the embassy. I'm hoping they will do that this week.
Please I really want to know the likely question that they may ask from me on the interview day so as to be prepared.
In anticipation of your reply.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by afodam247: 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hello, please I will like it if you can help me with the likely questions on interview for student visa. My appointment is very close.
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by afodam247: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
@bissiejoe
Hello, please I will like it if you can help me with the likely questions on interview for student visa. My appointment is very close.
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Eke40seven: For people asking about what questions they may ask during the interview, you should know that sometimes that questions may differ for each individual. However, from all the contributions here, I will suggest that you write for yourself a good letter of motivation because it covers most of the questions.
a good letter of motivation (DAAD recommended) should include
your professional goals
In what way can the course and school help you achieve your goals
Your future contribution to the social, political or technical development of your COUNTRY once you have reached your goal
why you are right for the programme (qualifications, NGOs and work experience, if any.
Your personality (strengths)
Why Germany? (Have grounded facts about the country, what you think you can learn from their system and all)
What is in their country that you will like to apply to your country
Be grounded in this fact and learn how to improvise, I believe you should be fine, all things being equal.
Google "How to write a Letter of motivation, DAAD- pakistan" for more detailed information.
I hope you find my contribution useful.
Good luck!
This and other related information was just 4 post away!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
afodam247: Hello, please I will like it if you can help me with the likely questions on interview for student visa. My appointment is very close.
Thanks
Why not email the VO, that's what I did.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kayusboss: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
I copied this from a previous post. Good luck
1- Do You understand German?
3- Why did you want to study your proposed course?
4- Why Germany?
5- What do you know about Germany?
6- What is your school's name? 7- Where is it located?
8- Where is your school ?
9- What have you been doing after graduation?
10- What is your sponsors profession?
11- How many semesters are in your course?
12- What is the duration for each semester? 13- List some courses to be taken
14- What arrangement have you made regards
your study in Germany?
15- What are your intentions after study?
16- Who is your sponsor?
17- How did you know your sponsor? 18- Do you have any relative in Germany?
19- Have you ever visited Germany before?
20- How many border countries to Germany? List
them

afodam247: Hello, please I will like it if you can help me with the likely questions on interview for student visa. My appointment is very close.
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
afodam247: @bissiejoe
Thanks
The above answers have done justice to your question. Just to add and elaborate from what I heard, It is highly recommended that you know your sponsor like the back of your hands. Get full information on his bio data (Full names, sex, age, job, location, marital status etc) Show that you have a strong connection or relationship with him and prove that he/she will support and be committed to you in the event that you need help both materially and financially. It is always nice to refer to a good antecedent. For instance, you can claim that he sponsored your education here (if that is true though)
Hope my contribution have been helpful?
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
tmed1:

Now, dude, it's high time you keep your mouth shut angry. I am not bragging but there is no way you will know about this region than I do. I live here! Everything your cousin told you is completely trash. Why the fu** would a student on German student visa go to Holland(Nijmegen) to work when there are enormous job in Düsseldorf, Duisburg, Bochum, Krefeld among many others?

I would NEVER use such comparison: Lagos-Oshodi-Ijebuode....What the heck? angry I am sure my fellow nairalanders in Germany would agree with me that it is not logical to make such transportation comparisons. The train are regular (except in exceptional cases), planned, and too organised to be compared. I see no reason why a student can't live in Kleve and work in Dusseldorf, Duisburg, Krefeld among many others.

To general nairalanders, who want to study in Rhein Waal University. Don't let this guy and his so-called brother get you confused. Many of the things is saying with regard to Rhein Waal University is trash. German education system works differently. Of course, ranking matters. But the way he explained it is not the way it works. His cousin should know better. Students from several developed countries such as the USA, Australia, Hong Kong and other European countries also study in Rhein-Waal, not just international students from Africa and Asia.

Getting a student job for students in Rhein Waal cannot be that difficult. Common guys! Kleve is surrounded by several big cities in Germany, of which you can shuttle back and forth for free, by using your semester tickets. I keep on asking myself: what the fu** do you mean by going to Holland to get a job

P.S: For students of Rhein Waal, You don't have to live in Kleve. You can live in Krefeld, which is just 15 minutes away from Dusseldorf and about 30 minutes away from Duisburg and 1 hour away from the University by train. And for students, whose campus is located in Kamp litford: Krefeld to your campus is only about 25 minutes.
I would have loved to put this matter to rest and let the euphoria you had created in the minds of your 'comrades' remain on high since i have agreed that RW UoAS is 'good' but it will be a great injustice to the informed opinion of my cousin whom I quoted (although he was never a mincer) to be regarded as trashy. I perceive that you are very thin- skinned and that has contributed to your bungling comprehension of subtle meanings in the words personally bolded for emphasis by you and consequently turning a blind eye to the caveats i made in both the beginning and end of my post knowing that my reply was in response to a particular question that was asked. And bro, whatever happened to opinions? You are in an advanced country and should know better!
Firstly, the reference to Netherland was obviously sarcastic and an ill veiled attempt to be funny as you can see the reference made to 'weed' since its legal there and on a serious note, the minimum wage in the Netherlands is the highest in Europe at over €1340/month (Germany doesn't have at the moment) only second to Luxembourg! So even if you walk dogs for a living, it is legally binding on your employer to pay above that! Kleve is less than 10 miles from Nijmegen closer than Moers and Krefeld the only exception being Emmerich, so it features.
Also you made reference to the parallels I gave as regard distance (another botchy conception of yours) I never made reference to time but just made an attempt to give readers an idea of the distance using an example they can relate with. Any right thinking person should know the contrasting situation in the two countries thus making appropriate adjustments and i even made reference to that in a previous post.
However, am happy the way this turned out, the info that has been revealed through this dialogue would have been very useful to many. For you to have provokingly responded all the way from Germany in order to defend and give details about student life there proves it. You must agree with me that its been worthwhile, if not for you, for the prospective students.
At this juncture, I bow my head in respect (waving a big white flag and waiting for a hearty embrace). PEACE!!!
P.S: The use of words like 'Botchy' and 'bungling' were used heartily and should not be taken seriously.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.