Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884319 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by papilon89: 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
ops84: @ kunlelike me pls i sent you a PM

I NEED PEOPLES PERSPECTIVE ON THIS, PLEASE ADD/REMOVE
IF MY ANSWER ARE TOO SHORT PLEASE LET ME KNOW , CRITISM ARE WELCOME,MY INTERVIEW IS COMING SOON........

1.) How did you find out about your school?

ANSWER====--I FOUND OUT ABT MY SCHOOL DURING SEARCH OF MY CHOICE OF SCHOOL ONLINE,
FURTHER REASERCH WITH COLLEAGUES AND STUDENTS OF THE INSTITUTION SHOWS THAT THE INSTITUTION IS A
TECHNICALLY INCLINED INSTITUTION,WITH NEW AND MODERN TECHNICAL FACILITIES
(THE SCHOOL IS RELATIVELY NEW,FOUNDED IN THE YEAR 2009) AND INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED,OFFERS 80% OF
OF HER COURSE IN ENGLISH LANG AND HENCE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE INTERNATIONAL JOB MARKET.
I LOOOKED INTO THE COURSE CURRICULUM AND FIND OUT ITS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO STUDY.

2.) What are you going to study?

ANSWER======MECHATRONICS SYSTEM ENGINEERING

3.) What is the curriculum like?

ANSWER=======THE COURSE CURRICULUM HAVE 7SEMESTERS IN ALL,
THE FIRST SEMESTER IS FOR BASICS KNOWLEDGE,KNOWLEDGE ARE INTENSIFIED
IN THE SECOND AND THIRD SEMESTER,FOURTH SEMESTER AND FIFTH ARE FOR SPECIALIZATIONS COURSES
SEMESTER 6 IS FOR INTERNSHIP IN INDUSTRIES,(WHICH IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST REASON I CHOSE
TO STUDY IN GERMANY),SEMESTER 7 IS FOR BACHELOR THESIS ,WHERE STUDENT RESEARCH ON GIVEN TOPICS.

4.) Why do you choose to study in Germany?

ANSWER=====GERMANY IS WELL KNOWN FOR HER FIRST CLASS RESEARCH AND PRODUCTION IN ENGINEERING,
Germany EDUCATION increasingly
stands for innovation, internationality and
strong support for high-calibre research
THE HIGH QUALITY AND LOW COST OF EDUCATION IN GERMANY ARE THE REASONS
I CHOSE TO STUDY IN GERMANY.COUPLED WITH PRACTICAL ORIENTATION IS A STUDY ABROAD/INTERNSHIP WHICH
WILL PROVIDE ME WITH CLOSED INDUSTRY INTEGRATED EXPOSURE AND WILL GIVE ME OPPORTUNITY FOR
PROGRESSION ON MY CAREER PATH DEVELOPMENT.

5.) What do you know about Germany?

ANSWER=====

Germany is in Europe with capital as Berlin, the German president is Joachim gauck,
chancellor is Angela Markel, Germany population is approximately 82million ,and have
352,021 km2 landed area, Germany has 16 federal states and Germany is bordered to 9
countries. Germany has the largest national economy in Europe, the fourth-largest by
nominal GDP in the world, and fifth by GDP (PPP BASED). The country is a founding member of
the European Union and the Euro zone. The service sector contributes around 70% of the
total GDP, industry 29.1%, and agriculture 0.9%. Most of the country's products are in engineering, especially in automobiles,
machinery, metals, and chemical goods.
Germany is the leading producer of wind turbines and solar power technology in the world.
Germany is also largest producer of lignite in the world. Germany is also rich in timber,
iron ore, potash, salt, uranium, nickel, copper and natural gas. Energy in Germany is sourced
predominantly by fossil fuels, followed by nuclear power, and by renewable energy like biomass
(wood and bio fuels), wind, hydro and solar.Germany has experienced two world war, the first one
in 1914 which was tagged ‘’seven days world war’
which started following the immediate assassination of an Austria-Hungary nationalist, and because
Germany have mutual defence alliance with Austria Hungary hence her intervention to supports her ally.
The second world war was tagged ‘’Adolf Hitler war’’ it started in the year 1939 to year 1944.
This second world war causes severe damages to Germany ESP KLEVE and approximately 90% of buildings were
damaged especially in kleves Germany.

6.) How many countries border Germany? What are their names?

ANSWER====DENMARK,POLAND,AUSTRIA,CZECH REPUBLIC,FRANCE,LUXEMBOURG,THE NETHERLANDS,BELGIUM,SWITZERLAND.

7.) What preparation have you made concerning moving to Germany?
ANSWER====I HAVE BEEN LEARNING GERMAN LANGUAUGE ON MY OWN,MOSTLY ONLINE.
I HAVE MAILED MY SCHOOL FOR ACCOMODATION AND MY DETAILS AND CHOICE OF APARTMENT HAVE BEEN SENT TO THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE ON REQUEST.
TO MATCH ME WITH AVAILABLE ROOMS,HOWEVER I HAVE ALSO MAILED SOME PRIVATE LANDLORDS, AND EXPECTING RESPONSE FROM THEM.
I HAVE OPENED DUTCH BANK ACCOUNT TO TRANSFER MONEY FOR MY LIVING EXPENSES,WHICH I WILL DO AS SOON AS I LEAVE HERE TODAY.

8.)Do you have any relatives in Germany?

ANSWER=====NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9.) Can you speak German?

ANSWER====NO, MY COURSE IS FULLY TAUGHT IN ENGLISH LANG,
BUT AM WILLING TO LEARN WHEN I GET TO GERMANY
THOUGH I HAVE BEEN LEARNING LITTLE BY LITTLE ON MY OWN ON THE INTERNET.

10.) Do you plan to return back to Nigeria after studies?

ANSWER==== YES, TO COME AND CONTRIBUTE MY OWN QUOTA OF THE ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE I
WILL ACQUIRE IN GERMANY IN THE INDUSTRIES HERE IN NIGERIA FOR BETTER DEVELOPMENT IN THE SECTOR.
THEN AFTER WHICH I WILL PLAN ON THE ESTABLISHMENT OF MY OWN INDUSTRY.

11.)Who is funding your studies?

ANSWER====MY BROTHER AND UNCLE.

12.)What do you know about the town where you would be studying?

ANSWER====
Kleve , is a town in the Lower Rhine region of northwestern Germany near the Dutch border and the
River Rhine, Kleve is the capital of the district of Kleve in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia.

Kleve's location is one of its selling points - situated in the countryside,
but still close to the large cities of Dusseldorf and Dortmund
Its very easy for students to take bus or their bikes to the Rhine River or
Nijmegen(Nijmegen, situated directly across the border), the closest city in Holland.

The native language of Cleves and its surrounding area is a Dutch dialect
(Dutch: Kleverlands, German: Kleverländisch), but the official language
is German which is dominant among the younger generation. Because of its
geographical location directly at the Dutch-German border, there is a strong
overlap in culture and language. Tourism is important IN KLEVE, and machinery,
steel products, motor vehicles, and computer-memory-storage devices are manufactured.

13.) how IS your previous course related to the one you are going for? /WHY DID YOU WANT TO STUDY THIS COURSE?

DURING MY PREVIOUS STUDY IN THE POLYTECHNIC, I WAS FASCINATED WITH
ELECTRONICS AND DEVICES AS WELL AS THE WAY THEY WORKS( studied elect/elect), BUT AFTER THE COMPLETION OF MY PROGRAM
I REALIZE THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THIS DEVICES DEPENDS MOSTLY ON OTHER FIELD OF ENGINEERING,LIKE- IT for programming ,
CONTROL ENGINEERING FOR AUTOMATIONS& CONTROL of the devices,mechanical field for fabrications,
studying this course will give me alot of edges in this field as its a course that integrate
all this field of engineering for design and manufacturing of smart devices and systems instead ofthe sequential approach to solutions in the productions.

14.)what do you know about your course?
ANSWER======

The word "Mechatronics" was originally "Japanese-English" word created by Mr. Tetsuro Mori, who was an engineer of Yaskawa Electric Corporation in the year 1971.

Mechatronics engineering is the synergistic combination of Mechanical engineering,
Electronic engineering, Computer engineering,computer science, Control engineering,
and Systems Design engineering in order to design and manufacture useful products and other applications.

The term Mechatronics stems from mechanical and electronics and it's a relatively new approach
to machine and systems product design and development, merging the solving principles of the four
interconnected disciplines used for all complex modern devices.

This is an emerging field of engineering that integrates multi disciplinary field of engineering and
information technology.

In the past, machine and product design has been the domain of mechanical engineers.After the machine has been designed
by mechanical engineers, solutions to control and programming problems were added by software and computer engineers. This sequential-engineering approach
usually resulted in less-than-optimal designs.

The prime role of mechatronics is one of initiation and integration throughout the whole of the design process, with the mechatronics engineer as the leader.
Experts in this interdisciplinary mechatronics field must acquire general knowledge of various techniques and be able to master the entire design process.
Industry needs mechatronics engineers to continue to rapidly develop innovative products with best performance, quality and low................................

great work there.....but i must confess that ur answers are too long.......
find a way to summarise the answer and make them short....
vielen gluck....

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
@ops84

No no no!!! Leave out the world war talk for whatever reason!

You're good otherwise grin

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2014
tomzman: Hello guys. I scanned through some of the pages of this thread and I must say that I got one or two things. I intend going for a masters in a business or finance-related discipline in Germany and I'll like anyone with experience concerning this to help me out. I'll like to know what steps to take to go about it. Visa and admission requirements, student life over there and any general advice or piece of information concerning the issue would be appreciated.

If you you expect to get the information you seek in a summarised response then you will be disappointed.
However, Google, 'DAAD international students' to get a general information on studies in Germany and also choose the courses of your wish and get their requirements and mode of application. The tool on the site is very useful in searching for the schools. The search can be narrowed down to criteria like courses, language requirements, period of study, tuition, etc.
Google, 'German embassy in Nigeria- checklist for students visa' in order to get what you are required of in order to obtain the visa.
Note that the financial requirements for obtaining visa include opening a blocked account with €8000 or getting a sponsor residing in Germany who can obtain a sponsorship letter for you.
Student life in Germany is very good and the future is bright, there are a lot of English taught courses and most of the schools are tuition free.
I think I am beginning to 'bottle-feed' you at this point since you are masters student.
I will advise you to read 30-40 pages back and you will be surprised at the number of times this info you seek and more has been answered, broken down to soft tiny pieces for the softest of teeth to crush.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
[Congrat.you see prayer answered.please when was your interview?quote author=dolpaz]@ops84
Visa granted..
according to betty, you be windows server ni??

All the best.
Betty, your wait will soon be over, pack ur bags and get ready for germany
regards ![/quote]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ops84(m): 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
betty55: [Congrat.you see prayer answered.please when was your interview?quote author=dolpaz]@ops84
Visa granted..
according to betty, you be windows server ni??

All the best.
Betty, your wait will soon be over, pack ur bags and get ready for germany
regards !

my interview is on 13th October 2014.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
third week now
jaydaniels: for how long have you been waiting
Re: German Embassy And Visa by igwejay: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
Good evening all, please after certifying my document at d fedral high court, i want to know if i need to make photocopy of certified document and send to school i am applying for, or do I need to certify each time I will be sending to any school. Regards
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
igwejay: Good evening all, please after certifying my document at d fedral high court, i want to know if i need to make photocopy of certified document and send to school i am applying for, or do I need to certify each time I will be sending to any school. Regards

What is the point of certifying docs if you going to end up photocopying them and eventually send the copies. You would have defeated the purpose by that very act. You have to send the certified copies to every school you are applying to and not photocopies of the certified copies.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ops84(m): 2:26am On Sep 17, 2014
Hello everyone, thanks all for your comment over my previous post..............adjusting.......

Please what other sponsor's info might be necessary apart from the listed below during the interview (using block account)?

1.) NAME,

2.) PROFESSION ,

3.) IF BUSINESS,TYPE OF BUSINESS HE DOES,

4.)WHERE HE LIVES,

5.)EARNINGS,

My brothers are sponsoring me though, but he is not in Nigeria, and i don't want issues to arise from there again, so am using cousin for the sake of interview and visa application.

what do you think about this please?

Warm regards,
Re: German Embassy And Visa by PAO429: 2:40am On Sep 17, 2014
my God s grace i must port to germany
Re: German Embassy And Visa by bayrash: 7:52am On Sep 17, 2014
Hello fellow nairalanders,I appreciates d great work u r doing in here. Kudos! My #question goes thus I want to apply for summer admission master program for ApriL starting date. I want to know maybe it is feasible to get admitted or I wait for d regular admission of winter. I studied Geology N planning to apply to a geology related masters. Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 8:30am On Sep 17, 2014
pls an urgent response is needed
To those that used letter of sponsor, my sponsor forgot to write the name of my school on the letter as where i will be accommodated. Hope am safe.

A quick response will be appreciated.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 17, 2014
ops84: Hello everyone, thanks all for your comment over my previous post..............adjusting.......

Please what other sponsor's info might be necessary apart from the listed below during the interview (using block account)?

1.) NAME,

2.) PROFESSION ,

4.)WHERE HE LIVES,

5.)EARNINGS,

My brothers are sponsoring me though, but he is not in Nigeria, and i don't want issues to arise from there again, so am using cousin for the sake of interview and visa application.

Warm regards,

If u re using blocked account, u don't have any business with sponsor. If u re using sponsor, he must be a resident in Germany and have a job that earns more than 1500€ a month. U will need a sponsorship letter gotten from the local govt in dat area. U will have to know everything about ur bro, his work, how long he has been there, salary per month, job description, the company he works for, his address, if its a flat, an apartment or a house, if married or single, kids or no kids, his area and how dis relates to the location of ur school - if the school is far from ur bro's house, dont eva say that that is where u will be staying. U will have to rent apartment close to ur school.
I think that is basically all. More people can add too if i have forgotten anyone.

My half shilling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2014
ops84: Hello everyone, thanks all for your comment over my previous post..............adjusting.......

1.) NAME,

2.) PROFESSION ,

4.)WHERE HE LIVES,

5.)EARNINGS,

Warm regards,
You are covered bro.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 17, 2014
adenjnr: pls an urgent response is needed
To those that used letter of sponsor, my sponsor forgot to write the name of my school on the letter as where i will be accommodated. Hope am safe.

A quick response will be appreciated.

I dont think there is space for writing where the person will be accommodated on d sponsorship letter cos its what i used and that wasnt written there too. Its not important. The important thing is that u fill ur application very well following the previously posted guidelines about 30 pages in d past. Dont fill contradictory information so that the embassy will not ask you to re-clarify urself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 17, 2014
Eke40seven:

If you you expect to get the information you seek in a summarised response then you will be disappointed.
However, Google, 'DAAD international students' to get a general information on studies in Germany and also choose the courses of your wish and get their requirements and mode of application. The tool on the site is very useful in searching for the schools. The search can be narrowed down to criteria like courses, language requirements, period of study, tuition, etc.
Google, 'German embassy in Nigeria- checklist for students visa' in order to get what you are required of in order to obtain the visa.
Note that the financial requirements for obtaining visa include opening a blocked account with €8000 or getting a sponsor residing in Germany who can obtain a sponsorship letter for you.
Student life in Germany is very good and the future is bright, there are a lot of English taught courses and most of the schools are tuition free.
I think I am beginning to 'bottle-feed' you at this point since you are masters student.
I will advise you to read 30-40 pages back and you will be surprised at the number of times this info you seek and more has been answered, broken down to soft tiny pieces for the softest of teeth to crush.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck.

What exactly does this mean?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Visa collected today, it's all God!

After Him & my fam, it's all you guys!

More testimonies ahead from this thread, Amen.

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Realk1: Visa collected today, it's all God!

Congrats bro!
I double tap into your testimonies.
Deutschland awaits you.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Donxavier:

What exactly does this mean?
His Royal Highness,
Here is exactly what it mean sir:
quoting the consular general, German embassy,
"official German declaration of sponsorship („Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of studies/ language course given before the competent German authority (Please note: Financing is usually only secured if declarant resides in Germany)"

In other words, if you have a family member, friend, or enemy who RESIDES in Germany with good income (some estimates €1500), willing to sponsor you . The person can stand as your sponsor by going to the local government/foreigners office where he resides to obtain the sponsorship letter bearing the German title given above and that could be presented to the embassy in lieu of opening a certain amount, I.e approximately €8000 euros with the Deutsche Bank.
I hope that is clearer sir?
Good luck sir.

P.S.
in addition to that, a proof of scholarship of a German/ European organization covering the arising costs can also be obtained in lieu of the other two alternatives, I.e, blocked account or 'verpflichtungserklärung' previously discussed.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
the house is kinda quite today.

my 1st wait starts 2day... hope to get a nearby date
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2014

Congrats bro. All the best.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2014

Congrats bro...Wishing u suxes in ur academic pursuit and journey mercy to deutsche land. Please how long does it take the Bank to notify you after u funded the account? Also, what is d duration from d time u sent d confirmatn to the embassy and when u were issued the visa?.God Bless

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
Congrat my brother, please when was your interview?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
jaydeemourg:
Congrats bro...Wishing u suxes in ur academic pursuit and journey mercy to deutsche land. Please how long does it take the Bank to notify you after u funded the account? Also, what is d duration from d time u sent d confirmatn to the embassy and when u were issued the visa?.God Bless

For me, I was notified the next day after funding. I also got the visa one working day after notifying them... But then again, all these were about 4 weeks after my interview.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
betty55: Congrat my brother, please when was your interview?

August 13th
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Eke40seven:
Congrats bro!
I double tap into your testimonies.
Deutschland awaits you.

Brother, thanks.
We both know ur context of the 'Deutschland' means more than just Germany grin

Keeping it PG for the sake of nairaland... cool
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 7:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Realk1:

For me, I was notified the next day after funding. I also got the visa one working day after notifying them... But then again, all these were about 4 weeks after my interview.
Did u also get a mail immediately after ur interview asking u to fund ur account?.I got the mail below:Dear Sir,

with regard to your student visa application at the German Consulate General, please be informed that we are still in need of a confirmation by Deutsche Bank that your blocked account has been opened and the necessary amount has been credited to it.
Kindly forward the confirmation by e-mail attachment (pdf) as soon as at hand.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
In ur own opinion,does it mean that I would get my visa not long after the account is funded? Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
jaydeemourg:
Did u also get a mail immediately after ur interview asking u to fund ur account?.I got the mail below:Dear Sir,

with regard to your student visa application at the German Consulate General, please be informed that we are still in need of a confirmation by Deutsche Bank that your blocked account has been opened and the necessary amount has been credited to it.
Kindly forward the confirmation by e-mail attachment (pdf) as soon as at hand.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
In ur own opinion,does it mean that I would get my visa not long after the account is funded? Thanks

I got that same email immediately after the interview. Nope, it doesn't mean you'll get it immediately afterwards. But in the event you get a reminder about the same issue, then you'd probably get it after funding.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
Realk1:

I got that same email immediately after the interview. Nope, it doesn't mean you'll get it immediately afterwards. But in the event you get a reminder about the same issue, then you'd probably get it after funding.
Tanx for d prompt response, u too much. I have not gotten any reminder.Anyway,the acct is funded now,but the Bank is yet to notify me.when am I likely to get d visa now cos my enrollment deadline is fast approaching.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwaniyin: 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello for those who have traveled to Germany and those that are in Germany already.
When did you get to Germany? - Morning, afternoon, night, midnight.
Did you get your proposed accommodation immediately.

When did your plane leave in Nigeria - night ??

Expecting your replies.
Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by oluwaniyin: 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello for those who have traveled to Germany and those that are in Germany already.
When did you get to Germany? - Morning, afternoon, night, midnight.
Did you get your proposed accommodation immediately ??

When did your plane leave in Nigeria - night ??

Expecting your replies.
Thanks. ..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
jaydeemourg:
Tanx for d prompt response, u too much. I have not gotten any reminder.Anyway,the acct is funded now,but the Bank is yet to notify me.when am I likely to get d visa now cos my enrollment deadline is fast approaching.

I think it depends on the foreign office in the state where your institution is located. Some are quicker than others in handling visa processing. .
Abi guys?

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.