Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885678 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
@dolpaz, I still owe you big o as regards that your stuff. However, I don't know if you have resolved the issues with that our planned means of communication as earlier proposed.

Also, I will like you to clarify/correct something in response to what xij38580 posted as regards the amount that should be set aside in the blocked account. My initial understanding is that You are only required to set aside the 1 8m in your first year i.e, before getting your visa to start your study. Then this requirement is relaxed in subsequent years and not €8000 x 3 years for a 3 years course as you analysed earlier. This is so because they expect you to be financially self reliant after your first year since you are allowed to work through out your holidays and part time during school periods.
I could be wrong though as these rules tend to change every time.
Someone with better experience or knowledge on this issue should also confirm, buttress or challenge my point. So that people won't be confused or get the wrong information.
God bless y'all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
xij38580:

I'd like to say thank you for taking the time out to read and provide answers to some of my questions. Sorry about my naivety but I'd still like some clarifications

1) Do i have to put in the 24120 Euro all at once ? Can i instead put the money for 1.5 years instead and leave the rest in my mutual fund / Government bond in Nigeria to earn some additional interest, and withdraw from it as I need the money? Or does the block account pay interests? I have a concern with money just sitting idle.

I strongly disagree with with @dolpaz response for no. 1 If it was that way then everybody going for undergrad studies would be lamenting, that's almost 6million naira at once for blocked account for 3 years undecided. Then people going for 2years program (M.Sc) will also have to pay twice the 8040 Euro...lol this will be really devastating for most people because getting the getting 1.8m was quiet tough. I once read somewhere, (although I can't remember where) that only the money for a particular year 1.8m will be requested and the rest for subsequent years will be settled in Germo. Other bosses in Germo can shed more light on this.
Mein zwei Loffel
Re: German Embassy And Visa by papilon89: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
xij38580: Please pardon my lengthy post

I graduated 2011 basically studying something I had a zero interest in. Since graduating, I've worked in the IT field. I currently work as a developer. I want to go back to school and learn some basics, some advanced concepts and as well get a degree not just for now but for the future too. Some people say in IT it doesn't matter what you study but I've seen a case firsthand of what stopped someone from assuming a director position was his lack of formal education in an IT related field.

I've tried applying for Master's programs but the requirement is usually an issue, in terms of undergraduate degree requirement. I was in the social sciences. So I've settled that I'd spend 3 years to bag an Undergraduate degree. I plan to resume next year September or January. This sounds crazy and unfortunately, its a crazy that has estranged me to some people.

I've seen some schools in Germany that I would like to apply to. However, I do have some questions that I would appreciate your inputs on. Thanks.

1)For a 3 year program do I have to show proof that I have the funds for my upkeep for the entire 3 years i.e. 650*36 = €23400 ?

2)I earn a modest salary and currently save most of my salary in my Mutual fund account. I do some freelancing and this also helps a lot. As it stands my current savings by March 2015 should be sufficient to show proof of funds for 1 year plus. I currently don't plan on using a sponsor, but if need be can I use a maternal cousin as my sponsor ? He shares and understands my aspirations and he's willing to help fund some part. We however bear different surnames , and he also lives in Europe. Is this a potential red flag ?

3) I would also like to gain a permanent residency status without cutting corners. The requirement is 5 years continuous stay in Germany legally. Is it possible for me to remain in Germany after my program to work ? I believe that opportunity abounds and with God and preparations I should be able to land a job or create a start up. Is this possible ?

Thanks for your patience.
you only need to show proof of 8040 Euros to get ur visa..............getting the rest to renew ur visa for the remaining two years is a question u"ll answer wen u get there; plan, but dont u worry.....
as per ur course..search well...u mgt find wat others have not seen befoore. what if u'r the first in such case, or u are an exception? havent u thought about that? so contact as many schools aas possible and apply to as many schools as u can (both universitat and university of apply sciences) ......i am sure at least one will give u admission....
now, do me this favour; start talking with as many course coordinators in germany as possible (both with emails and phone calls), let dem knw u abt ur i.T experience, ur cerfications, any other i.T related stuff and your bsc ; then bombard them in germany with ur application....set a target of at least ten schools..make Nipost ur friend (for cheap postings) and acquaint urself with high courts, german embassy or notary public (for cheap certifications)
so get urslf braced and gv urself that ride towards destiny......God watches over u.

Du bist gesegnet.

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread, I've learnt so much. I'd like to say a big thank you to all those who have provided insights into my questions. Am deeply and truly grateful, knowledge is indeed power.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
Broses,
I once read somewhere that your account needs to be funded with 8040 each year before your local authority can renew your documents.
Anyway, i may be wrong.. Eke40seven, I will chat with you shortly
Regards !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by segadebayo: 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
Different states, different rules, some might issue 2 years straight while some will issue a year or a year and a half and to renew as usual you have to tender proof of financial means and you could switch that to sponsorship or whichever
dolpaz: Broses,
I once read somewhere that your account needs to be funded with 8040 each year before your local authority can renew your documents.
Regards !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Regards !

This is agreeable technically because you are paying the money whilst you renew your documents, my point is you're free to pay it after staying in Germo for about a year and subsequently (which is easier if you plan on getting a job, although this varies for individuals). I even heard the price which should be 8040 euro might vary depending on the city, meaning it might be slightly cheaper in some places [this was hearsay and is yet to be confirmed]. I am only averse to your statement suggesting you need pay all the money (about 6m) at once if you're going for undergraduate. Feel free to pay that wink, if you have the money though. Our Oga's over there at germo for years nowwill have the best say about the minimum amount required, so they should add or subtract.
Gemeinsam wir sind stark
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
tayoslayer:
I strongly disagree with with @dolpaz response for no. 1 If it was that way then everybody going for undergrad studies would be lamenting, that's almost 6million naira at once for blocked account for 3 years undecided. Then people going for 2years program (M.Sc) will also have to pay twice the 8040 Euro...lol this will be really devastating for most people because getting the getting 1.8m was quiet tough. I once read somewhere, (although I can't remember where) that only the money for a particular year 1.8m will be requested and the rest for subsequent years will be settled in Germo. Other bosses in Germo can shed more light on this.
Mein zwei Loffel

You need the 8k euro in blocked account to get visa. Here in Germany, you get only 1 year visa every year and has to renew it by showing another 8k in your account.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Regards !

You are not wrong. You are absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by afodam247: 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO'S GOT THERE VISA ALREADY.
AM STILL AWAITING RESPONSE FROM THE EMBASSY THOUGH. JUST THAT AM ALMOST FED UP RIGHT NOW.
GUTEN NACHT.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kelly4top: 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
xij38580: Please pardon my lengthy post

I graduated 2011 basically studying something I had a zero interest in. Since graduating, I've worked in the IT field. I currently work as a developer. I want to go back to school and learn some basics, some advanced concepts and as well get a degree not just for now but for the future too. Some people say in IT it doesn't matter what you study but I've seen a case firsthand of what stopped someone from assuming a director position was his lack of formal education in an IT related field.

I've tried applying for Master's programs but the requirement is usually an issue, in terms of undergraduate degree requirement. I was in the social sciences. So I've settled that I'd spend 3 years to bag an Undergraduate degree. I plan to resume next year September or January. This sounds crazy and unfortunately, its a crazy that has estranged me to some people.

I've seen some schools in Germany that I would like to apply to. However, I do have some questions that I would appreciate your inputs on. Thanks.

1)For a 3 year program do I have to show proof that I have the funds for my upkeep for the entire 3 years i.e. 650*36 = €23400 ?

2)I earn a modest salary and currently save most of my salary in my Mutual fund account. I do some freelancing and this also helps a lot. As it stands my current savings by March 2015 should be sufficient to show proof of funds for 1 year plus. I currently don't plan on using a sponsor, but if need be can I use a maternal cousin as my sponsor ? He shares and understands my aspirations and he's willing to help fund some part. We however bear different surnames , and he also lives in Europe. Is this a potential red flag ?

3) I would also like to gain a permanent residency status without cutting corners. The requirement is 5 years continuous stay in Germany legally. Is it possible for me to remain in Germany after my program to work ? I believe that opportunity abounds and with God and preparations I should be able to land a job or create a start up. Is this possible ?

Thanks for your patience.

You write so much. Are you sure you dont wanna be a journalist? hahaha just kidding. I support your IT dream cos that's what am studying here too.

You only need to show 8k euro for one year to get your visa. 8k times current euro rate in naira is about 1.8m plus flight ticket lets say 150k. so with 2m you are ok for one year. Keep saving cos it's worth it to invest in your future.

Yes you can get permanent residence here in Germany in 5 years but the 5 ears does not include when you are studying. It starts counting when you start working after graduation and paying tax. Though i heard is now reduced to 3 years but have not conformed it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
afodam247: CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO'S GOT THERE VISA ALREADY.
AM STILL AWAITING RESPONSE FROM THE EMBASSY THOUGH. JUST THAT AM ALMOST FED UP RIGHT NOW.
GUTEN NACHT.

That makes d two of us. This week should be a week of gud news hopefully. I'm planning to travel Oct 5 as my enrollment is 9. Let me know wen u get ur I.v

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
kelly4top:
You write so much. Are you sure you dont wanna be a journalist? hahaha just kidding. I support your IT dream cos that's what am studying here too.
You only need to show 8k euro for one year to get your visa. 8k times current euro rate in naira is about 1.8m plus flight ticket lets say 150k. so with 2m you are ok for one year. Keep saving cos it's worth it to invest in your future.
Yes you can get permanent residence here in Germany in 5 years but the 5 ears does not include when you are studying. It starts counting when you start working after graduation and paying tax. Though i heard is now reduced to 3 years but have not conformed it.

Thanks, working with people from business & non-techie has taught me the hard way to spell things out clearly. It helps both parties communicate effectively. Good to know your studies are IT aligned. Are you running an undergraduate or postgraduate program ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kelly4top,
thanks for clearing the airwaves..
You have a mail !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
kelly4top:

Plus u have to knw the language before u can get a job oo don't forget... Germans don't give out their visa easily ooo no be small thing
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 1:15am On Sep 22, 2014
Dear all, my interview is this week in Lagos and am coming from Abuja. Can anyone tell me where I can locate a Hotel close to the German Embassy ?..........Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 5:26am On Sep 22, 2014
ABUkAkA: Dear all, my interview is this week in Lagos and am coming from Abuja. Can anyone tell me where I can locate a Hotel close to the German Embassy ?..........Thanks.

do you have a budget? if not, i can direct you to intercontinental hotel, radissonblu, best western, e.t.c grin grin grin wink wink but if you want a cheap and affordable one, i think it has been thrashed some months back.. if i am chanced, i may get the page for you.. undecided undecided
regards !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 8:00am On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks !!!....Please Update me. I need affordable Hotel Abeg. And the one that cant be affected by heavy traffic in Lagos.

do you have a budget? if not, i can direct you to intercontinental hotel, radissonblu, best western, e.t.c grin grin grin wink wink but if you want a cheap and affordable one, i think it has been thrashed some months back.. if i am chanced, i may get the page for you.. undecided undecided
regards ![/quote]
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Veryplain: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2014
Good day all,
I want to apply for next winter semester in any German university, but I have waec and would be writing NABTEB A level this Nov/Dec section. Please I want to know my chances of getting admission with the two certificate (undergraduate level) .am new to the system ooo shocked
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ABUkAkA: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks !!!....Please Update me. I need affordable Hotel Abeg. And the one that cant be affected by heavy traffic in Lagos.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2014
Veryplain: Good day all,
I want to apply for next winter semester in any German university, but I have waec and would be writing NABTEB A level this Nov/Dec section. Please I want to know my chances of getting admission with the two certificate (undergraduate level) .am new to the system ooo shocked
For Bsc admission in Germany you will need at least a year result from a Nigerian university or HND certificate coupled with your O'Level.
If there are any school at all that takes an exception to this then may be someone can help but I doubt.
Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck!

we are ushered into a new week of testimonies let it roll.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2014
Abukaka, I cant find Beebee post oo about cheap hotels around VI/lekki.
Maybe you should use google.. I stay on the mainland, so i cant suggest hotel for you.
maybe some other peeps who knows any cheap hotel around cms/ obalende/lekki/VI/ can come to your aid
regards !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by xij38580: 11:48am On Sep 22, 2014
ABUkAkA: Thanks !!!....Please Update me. I need affordable Hotel Abeg. And the one that cant be affected by heavy traffic in Lagos.

You can use the sites below to find hotels

http://www.hotels.ng/hotels-in-lagos/victoria-island
http://www.jovago.com/

Also Google Maps is accurate these days. So using it can help estimate the distance between the hotel and the Embassy
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dionbabe(f): 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Pls I just registered newly to nairaland, what re the procedures for me to study abroad on scholarship....... Thats for undergraduate studies

elaborate reply needed pls and thanks in advance
Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
ABUkAkA: Thanks !!!....Please Update me. I need affordable Hotel Abeg. And the one that cant be affected by heavy traffic in Lagos.
Travel house budget hotels , 14km lekki epe express way , opposite mega chicken plaza.
their service is great and their room is luxurious, I.e what more than the prize (8500/night).
Re: German Embassy And Visa by magnus4life: 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
regards !
Raddison blu , intercontinental hotels are also great hotels because they have the embassy at their backyard but like he said, 'the only reason for saying there is if you ain't no budget man'or you're already earning salaries in thousands of pounds.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Quadri001: 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
i received an email from the embassy barely 2hrs after my interview that I should send the confirmation of payment into my Deutsche act to complete my application and this morning I received an acknowledging email of receipt of that email and that I should be patient with them while they process my application.

so guys I want to ask is this the way it usual is and dose that mean all is well with my application?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
Quadri001: i received an email from the embassy barely 2hrs after my interview that I should send the confirmation of payment into my Deutsche act to complete my application and this morning I received an acknowledging email of receipt of that email and that I should be patient with them while they process my application.

so guys I want to ask is this the way it usual is and dose that mean all is well with my application?

Rejoice thee this day, I say rejoice. Those are good tidings.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by reecky(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ofcos...very very. Your application is on the right track, isnt that obvious. Just show alittle bit more patience like they asked you to, i am sure you will get it

Quadri001: i received an email from the embassy barely 2hrs after my interview that I should send the confirmation of payment into my Deutsche act to complete my application and this morning I received an acknowledging email of receipt of that email and that I should be patient with them while they process my application.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
dionbabe: Pls I just registered newly to nairaland, what re the procedures for me to study abroad on scholarship....... Thats for undergraduate studies

elaborate reply needed pls and thanks in advance
dionbabe, i perceive you are hot chick and would have loved to help you but your request is so ambiguous and not specific at all. What scholarship? Where? What are the requirements? The ease of access and what is in it for you? Are you even asking it on the right thread? What do you have? this are important questions you need to answer.
This is a German thread and mainly for students going to Germany. German education is free, that at least should gladden you enough but there are requirements you are suppose to meet too.
There is one BEA scholarship of the federal government but getting that is another matter. If you are on first class you can check the UK for some scholarship. UKEAS is having an educational fare this month so you can check their website, go and make enquiries.
If you are interested in Germany, I advise you read this thread at least 50 pages back to get enough info and Google is your friend.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2014

I got that same mail that I should be patient with them and its exactly a week today, I'm fed up sef cus its affecting my plans
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
nevilbot:

I got that same mail that I should be patient with them and its exactly a week today, I'm fed up sef cus its affecting my plans
You will get your visa very soon brother..go ahead with your plans your case is settled!

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.