Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,859 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884127 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 11:13am On Sep 24, 2014
dolpaz:
Yes Geemana, he meant your admission letter
thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 11:15am On Sep 24, 2014
Ogbeche77: No I didn't receive any email from you
@ogbeche77 I equally sent you a mail.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seun407: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2014
please gurus help out. Do I still need to provide IELTS/TOEFL since dey said English speaking counties are exempted.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by seunstein(m): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2014
Cc @geemena....accommodation crisis is still rocking me ooooo brothers at TUM.I am afraid for the future o.
Ogbeche77: You don't need a yellow card.. Just ensure your school document is in your hand luggage.. Does naija immigration get bad belle well well ooo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2014
geemana: @ogbeche77 I equally sent you a mail.
I can see notifications on ny profile but can't access the email.. Probably its my account that is acting up.. I will contact the admin but if the enquire is so urgent, maybe you can ask the question on this thread
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 11:34am On Sep 24, 2014
Ogbeche77: I can see notifications on ny profile but can't access the email.. Probably its my account that is acting up.. I will contact the admin but if the enquire is so urgent, maybe you can ask the question on this thread
@ogbeche77 my own na accommodation matter.I will be arriving on Monday, however cost of hotel fit tear pocket o. A cry for help ni.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 24, 2014
geemana: @ogbeche77 my own na accommodation matter.I will be arriving on Monday, however cost of hotel fit tear pocket o. A cry for help ni.
I will respond to your email as soon as the admin sort the ish out
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
geemana: @ogbeche77 my own na accommodation matter.I will be arriving on Monday, however cost of hotel fit tear pocket o. A cry for help ni.
perhaps its a wrong time to arrive munich without accomodation plans... Its the Oktoberfest and the city is full to it brim with tourist, likewise hotels and hostels too
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 12:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ogbeche77: perhaps its a wrong time to arrive munich without accomodation plans... Its the Oktoberfest and the city is full to it brim with tourist, likewise hotels and hostels too
@ogbeche77 that is why I've been trying to secure accommodation all this while.U know how difficult it is to secure one from nigeria here.you also know I can't stay in hotel for long. What a Dilemma
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
seun407: please gurus help out. Do I still need to provide IELTS/TOEFL since dey said English speaking counties are exempted.

English is our official language. If in doubt, send a mail to d school and ask them if it is compulsory for you to tave toefl or ielts since english is our official language and language of instruction
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Adexhat(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
seun407: please gurus help out. Do I still need to provide IELTS/TOEFL since dey said English speaking counties are exempted.

Hi bro, by Mother tongue? Nope, u're not exempted! but by official language, i'm 100% certain u had all ur education taught in English (Pry-Tert.) even if u schooled in north. Also, i believe no HR of any 9ja company will write officially to you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Egun, Urobo e.t.c except smiley wink
Therefore, you're official lang. is English and so you're cleared/exempted! however, if pepper rest wella and u wan make dem fear fear say 9ja student sabi English wella u can do TOEFL/IELTS. grin All d best man.

@All, pls is there anyone in the house that have done d lang. prog at Goethe inst.? I want to know if it's compulsory to get d book (#5,000) cos my wife is gonna register any moment from now. if no, is there anyone willing to dispose off his/her own used book? let me know pls.

Danke
Re: German Embassy And Visa by shuni05: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2014

Write an email to the school informing them your official language is English . In my case they just requested for a letter from my school stating my course was taught entirely in English.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by ibk1010: 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello House:I got the following Message from the German bank;
Thanks for sending us your account opening documents,we regret your account cannot be opened, because the documents have been modified and reformatted by you?please send us new, not modified documents in original by postal or courier Service.
The new documents must not be confirmed by a German embassy again.

Pls has anyone been through similar problem , I do not remember formatting any document..pls house how do I resolve this.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
kelly4top:

That guy no go fit chew the akara oh and the akamu too thick for am. abeg add water to the akamu till he strong enough to take thick one.

Bosses
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
Adexhat:

Hi bro, by Mother tongue? Nope, u're not exempted! but by official language, i'm 100% certain u had all ur education taught in English (Pry-Tert.) even if u schooled in north. Also, i believe no HR of any 9ja company will write officially to you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Egun, Urobo e.t.c except smiley wink
Therefore, you're official lang. is English and so you're cleared/exempted! however, if pepper rest wella and u wan make dem fear fear say 9ja student sabi English wella u can do TOEFL/IELTS. grin All d best man.

@All, pls is there anyone in the house that have done d lang. prog at Goethe inst.? I want to know if it's compulsory to get d book (#5,000) cos my wife is gonna register any moment from now. if no, is there anyone willing to dispose off his/her own used book? let me know pls.

Danke

Since English speaking country are excluded and they did nt state some particular restriction again then u good to go
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
kelly4top:

1. My name is Kelly4top (Electrical Engr with IT ) studied computer science in naija for one year.

2. German education system different from our naija system system cos in naija they teach us and spoon fed us starting from basics but here thet lecture you starting from advanced critarias. They assume you know it before. I remember the first assignment a professor gave us after 2 weeks of landing to use c-programming to calculate and solve some coefficients in maths as if i had done it before. O'boy we do research and learning here not depending on professors cos they wont teach you any thing. They will only lecture you.

3. Going back to the basics for those who have left school for long was the academic challenge i faced and that was how I tackled it. Spend more time in reading to meet up so that you dont get lost in class as if the professors are speaking Swahili.

3b.i advise them to buckle up and be brave when they first receive the shock of how low our education system, foundation and quality has gone cos they will find out in their first week of lecture here that o'boy...na school i go for naija soo.. abi na only the simple things them dey teach us for there. You answer all question here in 90 minutes maximum. nobody will set like 10 que and tell u to answer 5 or define this or that. Everything here is calculation.

4. yeah they do and we support each other especially on job infos and academics.

5. Yea difficult cos of language barrier. To overcome it, you need to learn the language cos imagine trying to speak with your flat mate and he or she said ich spreche nicht English....i don't speak English. so matter don end be that cos u too don't speak deustch. though some speaks English but few while some speak but wont want to speak it with you cos they are not confident enough.

6. Hard work always pay everywhere.

7. Face your study but all work and no play makes jack a dull boy so try to get fun too. Remove fear from your mind and believe you can do it. Fear alone can deter performance.

8. hhmmm it depends ohhh. it's love matter.

9. clipper. pepper, and what you think you need.

10 Some are friendly. I cant say they are racist cos close to 2 years now, i have no experience on racism but before i came here i head they were but have not seen any. They love bear as igbo man will love palm wine. They are introvert. They queue but most time their system is efficient so you might not see need to queue. They are always punctual. Punctuality is one thing you will first notice here when you come

Conclusion: You can do it. Nothing good comes easy. Just study and you will excel like those who had. At least Tope is writing his thesis now even though he faced the challenges. So challenges are meant to be faced and not to shy away from. Life goes on.

Oga kelly4top, you have maintained the tradition of giving very high quality opinion about life in Germany on this show.
Your contributions are educative and well appreciated.
Thanks for bracing the show.
However, before we let you go, due to popular demand, we would appreciate it if you looked at Q.10 again which was skipped in your answers.

ogbeche77 and Topeajis keep up the good work. Your boiz are hailing o!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Quadri001: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
@seunstein and other ppl in the house; people at embassy already know all these things or better still, they check the website or contact the school directly because dey have contacts at the schools. so they know, but for the avoidance of doubts, they may ask you,just say no your course is in English period or as the case may be. the VO asked me and i told her this reply and up to the next question no story. so no wory ursef since u alredy met the school requiremnt for admission nd u've been admitted, end of story!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
ibk1010: Hello House:I got the following Message from the German bank;
Thanks for sending us your account opening documents,we regret your account cannot be opened, because the documents have been modified and reformatted by you?please send us new, not modified documents in original by postal or courier Service.
The new documents must not be confirmed by a German embassy again.

Pls has anyone been through similar problem , I do not remember formatting any document..pls house how do I resolve this.
Formatted?
In response to this guys please help clarify; did any body fill the block account form using handwriting?
Was there any problem encountered using it?

@Ibk1010, I hope you didn't send photocopies?
Did you send original copies of your documents required or at least coloured prints?
May be the problem could arise from any of those.
Compare the documents you submitted with that of other people who had completed theirs successfully, I think that will help you address the problem.
Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck!
Abeg guys, help out here. God bless you as you do.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Please are we to paste the passport photograph with gum or stapler to the application form?

Replies will be appreciated.

Regards.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by jaydeemourg: 6:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
graciousme: Please are we to paste the passport photograph with gum or stapler to the application form?

Regards.
Use stapler but ensure u write ur name atthe back of each of them.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by esdajo: 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello house. I have received an official invitation from my school yesterday after the confirmed receiving my tuition fee. As it is now, all is set for my interview which is coming up next Thursday. However, I would need to 2 (two) vital information from you guys:

(1). I do not have a birth certificate so I went to the High Court to swear an Affidavit regarding my age. Is it in order or must it be my parent(s) that should do that for it to be acceptable by the German Embassy?

(2). How do I arrange my documents for the interview? Is there a particular order it should take? I am aware I have to go with my bank deposit confirmation, Admission letter, Invitation letter from the institution,completed visa application form and all my credentials and photocopies (2) thereof and my International Passport.

Please house, I need your guidance as usual as this forum has really been helpful and I hope to reciprocate the gesture someday.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
jaydeemourg:
Use stapler but ensure u write ur name atthe back of each of them.

Thank you. God bless.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by reecky(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
Filling the account opening form with a pen doesnt mean anything cos it would still be accepted. I filled mine that way.
@Ibk 1010 its no big deal...i suggest you just do as you were asked, print out a fresh copy, fill and sent to them by post (dhl will be better cos it is fast and to avoid any further waste of time), rather than sitting down there and wondering what the issue may be...there is no time to lose, so you could move over to the next stage
Eke40seven:
Formatted?
In response to this guys please help clarify; did any body fill the block account form using handwriting?
Was there any problem encountered using it?

@Ibk1010, I hope you didn't send photocopies?
Did you send original copies of your documents required or at least coloured prints?
May be the problem could arise from any of those.
Compare the documents you submitted with that of other people who had completed theirs successfully, I think that will help you address the problem.
Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck!
Abeg guys, help out here. God bless you as you do.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
your parent should do the affidavit for you,if they are still alive,please arrange the documents according to the order of the list send to you,this paper arrangement dey cause wahala for embassy,on my interview day two people were bounce back to go and arrange their document,all thanks to my sister in germany that called me in the night before to put me through on how to arranged them,she said Germans like always things to be in order and that will first create a verry big impression on them that you are organise.original first same copy follow,with all the original document each has to carry their copy along side,don,t seperate all original one side and copy one side,just put every original and copy together one file,the second file should be only the copy document with the aplication form on it,please count your visa fee aside no go there dey count out money for their present by waisting their time,be prepare,God will see you through in Jesus name.
esdajo: Hello house. I have received an official invitation from my school yesterday after the confirmed receiving my tuition fee. As it is now, all is set for my interview which is coming up next Thursday. However, I would need to 2 (two) vital information from you guys:

(1). I do not have a birth certificate so I went to the High Court to swear an Affidavit regarding my age. Is it in order or must it be my parent(s) that should do that for it to be acceptable by the German Embassy?

(2). How do I arrange my documents for the interview? Is there a particular order it should take? I am aware I have to go with my bank deposit confirmation, Admission letter, Invitation letter from the institution,completed visa application form and all my credentials and photocopies (2) thereof and my International Passport.

Please house, I need your guidance as usual as this forum has really been helpful and I hope to reciprocate the gesture someday.

Thanks in anticipation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 1:15am On Sep 25, 2014
graciousme: Please are we to paste the passport photograph with gum or stapler to the application form?

Regards.
gum oo..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by seun407: 7:35am On Sep 25, 2014
Thank you all for ur response. I will send dem a mail immediately to confirm. God bless you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 8:31am On Sep 25, 2014
Good morning peeps.
Before anything, join me in thanking the most high God to whom all thanks is due.

I had my interview on Wednesday, the 10th of September. I had transferred the funds on Friday the 5th and got a conformation on the 9th, a day before the interview.
And sorry I didn't post my interview questions as others, the questions were just as those on the forum. Because I was almost the only one in the house at Lagos, I almost killed myself with worry, (did I do well, what could go wrong and etc), I decided to leave Lagos and head to my cousins' for a cheer. They didn't fail to deliver but it still doesn't exclude the fact that the waiting period is never easy.

Long story short, yesterday (two weeks after the interview), the mail came that I should come with 3 months travelling insurance and my passport.

By God's grace, I should pick it up on Monday.

Thanks guys, every contribution on this forum is always useful even those questions we think are ridiculous and unnecessary.
To those still expecting, I leave Numbers 6 : 24 - 26 for you:

“The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2014
damilola15: Good morning peeps.
Before anything, join me in thanking the most high God to whom all thanks is due.

I had my interview on Wednesday, the 10th of September. I had transferred the funds on Friday the 5th and got a conformation on the 9th, a day before the interview.
And sorry I didn't post my interview questions as others, the questions were just as those on the forum. Because I was almost the only one in the house at Lagos, I almost killed myself with worry, (did I do well, what could go wrong and etc), I decided to leave Lagos and head to my cousins' for a cheer. They didn't fail to deliver but it still doesn't exclude the fact that the waiting period is never easy.

Long story short, yesterday (two weeks after the interview), the mail came that I should come with 3 months travelling insurance and my passport.

Thanks guys, every contribution on this forum is always useful even those questions we think are ridiculous and unnecessary.

And be gracious to you;
And give you peace.”
congrats. Which city are you going?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2014
damilola15: Good morning peeps.

And be gracious to you;
And give you peace.”
Wow 14days! Congrats bro..where are you heading to?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 11:30am On Sep 25, 2014
Pls do we leave our original documents and certificates with the embassy?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2014
good day house,l have been waiting for 25 days now without any mail after my interview,is it normal?cause the rate l dey check my mail in a day,make person no come go get heart problem,
graciousme: Pls do we leave our original documents and certificates with the embassy?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
[quote author=ebele17]

I be like say all ur relatives are in d shady business line. A cuz in Scotland, a brother in Italy, anoda one in Switzerland, plenty story!!!!!!. U , na apprentice u be. *not even sure u knw what dat means*. U even know d no of prostitutes Italian embassy don give visa and u know dat Some girls in Bohn ran away into whereever. Be decieving urself na. They are telling u to move to a country by illegal means, and u no fit reason am, u no fit think and decide that there is a better way of doing things. U still dey learn work oooo!!!!!!
Chai!!!!!!
Dont worry, wen ur visiting visa expire, dey there or take subway, run go italy, or run go Switzerland. Y u no cucuma do UK visa na, wen the tin expire, u go dey there well well. Let them give u handshake.
SHM,
Abeg, naijaobi, d koboko neva start to dey fall for some buttocks??

A night out in frankfurt,dame everything is okay,life goes on,I have met alot of Africans,it was because of fear of unknown that made me to come to this forum,thanks for some peoples advice like research Q,now all fear is gone,I can face tomorow,germans are friendly even the police and immigration,a hospital has offered to help me to extend my stay because i have professional diploma in Medical rehabilitation and Ocupational therapy,germany have shortage of workers because of their tight immigration policy and burstling economy,i which everybody goodluk

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.