Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? (37937 Views)

Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / A Pregnant Woman's Maternity Photoshoot Sparks Outrage On Facebook (Photos) / What Weird Experience Have You Had With A Pregnant Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by DropsMic(m): 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
If u continue to behave due to ur past experience, u will be soo bitter even towards ur mother

What kind of moronic reply is this

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by Didi2d(m): 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
For me, I love to give and I always love to render financial help to people even though i dont have much. But it's like I don't get same help whenever I needed it.

At some point I get discouraged, well I hope some day God will grant my heart desire
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by Ndipe(m): 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
A pregnant woman asked you for food and you denied her because of past experience. This is just heartless.

Lostchild:
I refuse to help a needy pregnant woman because I am running from my real self. Yes, I needed to save my peace and sanity

In 2018, I move to a new place, a married woman with children started and always comes to meet me to give her whatever she wants from me which I always do. One day, the husband came to me with anger, and told me to stay away from his wife. I said, OK.

Even If i use common sense - helping people I know has landed me in too many conflicts, they are just too over many for me to overlook anymore.

Because of the many years of constant betrayals that lead me to regret my life, I move to a new town and decide to start afresh. In the past I have shown too much financial care and love for women that backfire and work against me. so I decide to stay focus on myself for the first time of my life.

After living in this new place for about six months, a pregnant woman who also live in the same visinity ask me to help her. She told me to lend her some money.

She told me that, she had not eaten since morning and she wants to cook something to eat and her hubby is out of town and will be back later.

She told me she will refund me when her hubby comes back. She was pregnant, hungry and need help.

I badly wanted to but I instantly had many flash back and I told her, I don't have the money right now. I told her, why can't you go and meet that your fellow business woman down there? she may be able to help you, she replied me with God forbid.

The money she asked me, I have it in my base, three times over but I refuse to give her. I painfully refused to help her because nigeria society has made me look like a fool.

To save my peace - I just have to only help strangers and not give help to the people I know

Did I do wrong?
grin
What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by WoundedLamb: 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:

You have shown me that I am not stupid and that I should always have compassion on women
Men deserve compassion too.
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by Fantazy(m): 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
The only wrong you did was always giving to women only.
Start giving to your fellow men around. Trust me you won't have any regret. And your reward will be certain.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by metalgear11(m): 10:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
She said she was hungry and given her condition, you for close eyes give her, even if na 2 packets of Indomie and one egg if you didn't want to give her the money.

Sometimes you have to let go of past experiences to further the good of the present and future. Who knows, maybe she had low blood sugar and she really needed to eat something.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by VEXT: 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
metalgear11:
She said she was hungry and given her condition, you for close eyes give her, even if na 2 packets of Indomie and one egg if you didn't want to give her the money.

Sometimes you have to let go of past experiences to further the good of the present and future. Who knows, maybe she had low blood sugar and she really needed to eat something.

Person husband never slap u before...
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by GistFullGround: 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2021

Any money you want to give out, ask the lady's husband to be the guarantor, so won't regret later

The man must be involved!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by OkukoIgbo: 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:

You have shown me that I am not stupid and that I should always have compassion on women

To be sincere I can't do what you did just cos of the past, especially a pregnant woman, I won't be able to live with myself and it will torment me for days and months, not judging that your line of action is bad after'all we are all different and perceive reality differently.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
In the past I have shown too much financial care and love for women that backfire and work against me.

This is where your problem lies.

And I hope you also show financial care to guys too? Father Christmas! grin
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by tnerro1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
I have learnt not to let people’s opinion change who you really are.

If you are good, do your good
If you are bad, do your bad, in all, your reward/time will come

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by 123readygo: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
She said she has not eating anything since morning.... And you couldn't give her 1k to eat.
Too bad.... I don't care whatever the experience you had in the past, you should have given something and tell her not to pay back that way her hubby will not be involved

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by ihedioramma: 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author=Lostchild post=106020085]I refuse to help a needy pregnant woman because I am running from my real self. Yes, I needed to save my peace and sanity

In 2018, I move to a new place, a married woman with children started and always comes to meet me to give her whatever she wants from me which I always do. One day, the husband came to me with anger, and told me to stay away from his wife. I said, OK.

Even If i use common sense - helping people I know has landed me in too many conflicts, they are just too over many for me to overlook anymore.

Because of the many years of constant betrayals that lead me to regret my life, I move to a new town and decide to start afresh. In the past I have shown too much financial care and love for women that backfire and work against me. so I decide to stay focus on myself for the first time of my life.

After living in this new place for about six months, a pregnant woman who also live in the same . If you have help but not all the time .
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by Aurelius1(m): 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
mariahAngel:

Seun!
Mynd44!!
Laslasticlala!!!
Dominique!!!!
And to whomever it may concern, may I know why this evil moniker haven’t been banned into oblivion?
Why is it still allowed to roam, spread hate for women and create nuisance?
Why is nairaland such a dump site for toxins?
Why is so much hate for women allowed and encouraged on this forum?
Why is nairaland so anti-women?

Maybe it’ll be a good idea for all females to boycott this evil forum for at least a week, let the males have the forum to themselves, so that they can know what a world without women it feels like! BORING!
There's no need to get worked up over a kid who doesn't respect his sisters. His sisters are Nigerian girls abi?
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by vict505(m): 10:32pm On Sep 29, 2021
NA ONLY WOMEN YOU DEY HELP?
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by omoadeleye(m): 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:
I refuse to help a needy pregnant woman because I am running from my real self. Yes, I needed to save my peace and sanity

After living in this new place for about six months, a pregnant woman who also live in the same visinity ask me to help her. She told me to lend her some money.

She told me that, she had not eaten since morning and she wants to cook something to eat and her hubby is out of town and will be back later.

She told me she will refund me when her hubby comes back. She was pregnant, hungry and need help.

I badly wanted to but I instantly had many flash back and I told her, I don't have the money right now. I told her, why can't you go and meet that your fellow business woman down there? she may be able to help you, she replied me with God forbid.

The money she asked me, I have it in my base, three times over but I refuse to give her. I painfully refused to help her because nigeria society has made me look like a fool.

To save my peace - I just have to only help strangers and not give help to the people I know

Did I do wrong?
grin
What do you think?

You too start rendering financial succour to your fellow man.
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by hayoholla(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
Maybe you put so much emphasis on "helping" people, in sense that you consider it a task you must embark upon, or prolly you feel too much entitled to help people, meaning you can go out of your way to do so. So you feel bad, if you someone you put so much effort to help squander your effort. Maybe you shouldn't carry the world on your shoulder, you can help, but do not assume responsibility for whatever they are going through, you can help without putting so much mind to it. Just help them and take your mind off it. The way you give a road side begger money, you know such person can't repay you back, you gave what you can afford to give, nor can you sit with the beggar, all in the sense of being emphatic. Just do what you you know you can afford to do and move. You attach too much importance to helping people, and this your greatest undoing., and you may continue to suffer for it, even if you try to avoid it. There's difference between being emphatic and compassionate. Emphaty is a dangerous, many people get trapped in other peoples problem, when they could have helped and move on, which is being compassionate. Being Compassionate is safer, and offers you emotional protection, and its less tedious.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by metalgear11(m): 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
VEXT:

Person husband never slap u before...

So it is wrong to give a hungry pregnant woman some help right? You do well.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by mrkings84(m): 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:

You have encourage me that I am not stupid and that I should always have compassion on women

Sir you are sounding like a woman wrapper.
Am beginning to suspect that you don't just give but you do with an ulterior motive hence the problems u do find yourself. Let your conscience judge u.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by peterjulius00(m): 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2021
My brother you don't know who God is sending to you as your guardian angel, God works in mysterious ways. Don't stop to help the need but pray before you help OK. God bless you
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by viralinfo: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
Brother u did no wrong..you simply avoiding trouble in the nearest Future....this life my brother lots of people are blackmailer ..just avoid then..don't give her the money directly..take her to the shop and ask her to take what u can afford in presence of everyone...to avoid future trouble..with this you get witness that yourw doing it for humanity sake not for other intention

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by alizma: 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:

Did I do wrong?
grin
What do you think?
Did you actually save your peace? If you did you won't be here asking to know if you were wrong or right. As much as I understand your challenges but I will advise you to be who you are designed to be if not, time will come when you will look back and you will hate yourself for leaving a strange life. You are a helper by nature don't try to change that but you can work on yourself to reduce the possibility of being misunderstood.
Women(irrespective of marital status) are naturally wired to develop feelings for a man that cares for them, so there is tendency that a woman you are helping will develop minor or major emotional feelings towards you but when you have this knowledge, it will help you guide against any unwanted emotional attachment in the course of helping them.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by Originalsly: 10:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:

Even the pregnant woman that came to me was even a very nice person.

Just that I have to run from myself.

You running and you running and you running away
But you can't run away from yourself ... can't run away from yourself

Running Away - Bob Marley.

Guiltiness pressed on their conscience...oh yeah
Guiltiness- Bob Marley.

Bro.... your conscience is pricking you for not helping the "nice" woman. Simp or Redpillar?...Human or Beast? Because she was pregnant... your human instinct should've prompted you to help her ... which it did but your mind overpowered your heart. Even so... you should've given it to her and later see if she keeps her word. If she didn't... then you draw the line on her. No doubt.... if you have a soft heart... the predators will eat you out with sad stories. If your conscience is still bothering you.... I suggest you go see the lady and apologize in order to free your mind.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by Paulianfa(m): 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
Givers never ever lack, the reward is from God in heaven not from man. Am not in a party of lent, borrow cos the end of it is always very bloody, friends separated because of this.
If u feel like to give will gladden ur heart, go ahead cos the joy at the end of the is rewards which is from the creator.
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by 360command: 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:

Did I do wrong?
grin
What do you think?

Proverbs 3:28 Do not say to your neighbor, “Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you"— when you already have it with you.
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by winterlover: 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:

I am glad to share this because some cold heartless nairaland users are insulting me because of my kind heart towards women.
Sir I am in real need of help at the moment. My wife is almost due to deliver and I haven't even purchased baby items. Been out of job for a while. I really wish you could help me with anything to purchase hospital items. I am extremely scared at the moment. My number is on my signature. Would be glad you contacted me sir
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by iRepNaija1: 11:15pm On Sep 29, 2021
Just give the amount you can forget about, that's what I do. If you give and are still thinking about it later, you gave too much. Also, OP, you keep going on and on about how nice you are to women and how kind you are. No offense but a word of advice: please stop doing that. Guys who go on and on about how nice they are usually have some issues or are not as nice as they claim to be. Let your actions do the talking.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by Emeka71(m): 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
mariahAngel:

Seun!
Mynd44!!
Laslasticlala!!!
Dominique!!!!
And to whomever it may concern, may I know why this evil moniker haven’t been banned into oblivion?
Why is it still allowed to roam, spread hate for women and create nuisance?
Why is nairaland such a dump site for toxins?
Why is so much hate for women allowed and encouraged on this forum?
Why is nairaland so anti-women?

Maybe it’ll be a good idea for all females to boycott this evil forum for at least a week, let the males have the forum to themselves, so that they can know what a world without women it feels like! BORING!
Whistle blower.
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by cardoctor(m): 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:

Did I do wrong?
grin
What do you think?

Help is help. Dont discriminate. Just help if you truly can. God will always reward you. Believe it.
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by BadBradley: 11:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
Lostchild:

Did I do wrong?
grin
What do you think?
stop being stupid and holy. The question is why are married women asking you for help?

What's the catch?
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by jollenbaba(m): 11:36pm On Sep 29, 2021
You are saying thrash undecided maybe you should reread the post again
OlawaleBammie:
If u continue to behave due to ur past experience, u will be soo bitter even towards ur mother
Re: Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? by Poleski: 11:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
You have no obligation to help anyone, but don't use the sins of others in the past against someone else who's innocent of your bad experience.

You wouldn't want to be treated badly by someone due to the bad experience they had with others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Graduate Tells Shocking Story On How Her Sister Burnt All Her Credentials / Why I Married My Wife? / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.