Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Don't Want To Have Child/children? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Want To Have Child/children? (2583 Views)

Why Don't Nigeria Have Child Soldiers / Give A Name To Your Unborn Child/children. State Reason For The Name If Any. / It Is A Waste Of Time To Divorce A Wife With A Child/children In Igbo Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by bepositive11: 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! Instead, those younger choose to where others don't choose to. Humans are not more dependent on others than animals are. Stop attempting to make it seem as though old animals cannot benefit from having their young care for them too. The difference is we Humans can choose to care or not care, while animals tend to follow their base programming in these thjngs. undecided

That said, there are enough stories out there , this in every village across Nigeria, of elderly persons who lived alone until the very end. And no, it had nothing to do with irrational ideas you may want to cook up to explain away such cases... it is simply as it is. undecided

If you pay something to take care of you in your old age, then rather than a burden, you are of benefit to the one who chooses to be paid for that work. It is not to be compared in any way or form to your having children so you can have slaves to care for you on your old age. undecided

Let's just agree to disagree.

You have your own opinion and I have my own.

The only human that would choose to not look after their parents in old age is one who has no empathy for them

Just like how parents are responsible for their babies, children are responsible for their old parents

I don't see children as slaves. I see them as people who live on with the values, knowledge and wisdom of the previous generation to continue humanity

What I am against is relying on children financially in old age. I believe people should invest and have funds to live off of in old age. But still, we'll all get to a point where we would be too old and weak to do anything for ourselves

We just have different values and different views. I used to think like you but a friend challenged my views

Btw, I've seen news stories of old people getting mistreated in elderly homes. Even if children aren't directly taking care of their old parents, it's nice to know that they would make sure that their parents are not being mistreated
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2021
bepositive11:

Let's just agree to disagree.
You have your own opinion and I have my own.

The only human that would choose to not look after their parents in old age is one who has no empathy for them

Just like how parents are responsible for their babies, children are responsible for their old parents

I don't see children as slaves. I see them as people who live on with the values, knowledge and wisdom of the previous generation to continue humanity

What I am against is relying on children financially in old age. I believe people should invest and have funds to live off of in old age. But still, we'll all get to a point where we would be too old and weak to do anything for ourselves

We just have different values and different views. I used to think like you but a friend challenged my views

Btw, I've seen news stories of old people getting mistreated in elderly homes. Even if children aren't directly taking care of their old parents, it's nice to know that they would make sure that their parents are not being mistreated
I don't believe in agreeing to disagree. undecided

All you continue to do is provide an emotional arguement for your sid, not a rational one can apply to all. undecided

You claim what you are against is people relying on their kids financially in their old age, but you don't see how it it about the same thing as choosing to be a burden on the same kids in their old age? undecided

It remains that the those who have children in order that they can have them as slaves to care for them in their old age do so for selfish reasons and should not be applauded for their wickedness. undecided

Most humans are capable and should plan for a future that doesn't constitute a burden on others , not the other way around. undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by bepositive11: 5:26am On Sep 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't believe in agreeing to disagree. undecided

All you continue to do is provide an emotional arguement for your sid, not a rational one can apply to all. undecided

You claim what you are against is people relying on their kids financially in their old age, but you don't see how it it about the same thing as choosing to be a burden on the same kids in their old age? undecided

It remains that the those who have children in order that they can have them as slaves to care for them in their old age do so for selfish reasons and should not be applauded for their wickedness. undecided

Most humans are capable and should plan for a future that doesn't constitute a burden on others , not the other way around. undecided

You keep avoiding this fact: even if you pay, someone else's child will be looking after you

If no one should have kids, there would be no younger generation to look after the older generation and eventually, there would be no one to look after the remaining older people

Have you considered maybe you're the one being emotional?

I'm tired of this back and forth. Do what you want to do
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2021
bepositive11:

You keep avoiding this fact: even if you pay, someone else's child will be looking after you

If no one should have kids, there would be no younger generation to look after the older generation and eventually, there would be no one to look after the remaining older people

Have you considered maybe you're the one being emotional?

I'm tired of this back and forth. Do what you want to do
If no one should have kids? There are probably over 8 billion humans already on this planet today - 8000000000 - yet you think saying that makes sense? undecided

I am not being emotional since I am considering considering facts here where you manipulate emotions in making your point in this. undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by MufasaLion: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
I haven't come across such couples, if you don't want to have a child who will take Care of your old age.
And I would love to have 3 or 4 kids when I'm married

You don't need to have children before you got taken care of at old age. There are tons of old people rotting away and they have kids.

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by MufasaLion: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
siofra:

So that's the reason you want to have a child, so they can take of you in old age. Pretty selfish. Don't bother quoting, you'll only try to deny it and I still won't believe you.

The picture you posted, the guy was right.
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by bepositive11: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If no one should have kids? There are probably over 8 billion humans already on this planet today - 8000000000 - yet you think saying that makes sense? undecided

I am not being emotional since I am considering considering facts here where you manipulate emotions in making your point in this. undecided

Wait. You're the same person I'm going back and forth with about the Kenyan lady?

You really like prolonging debates grin

I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your week grin
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2021
bepositive11:

Wait. You're the same person I'm going back and forth with about the Kenyan lady?

You really like prolonging debates grin

I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your week grin
Oh, I ain't the one prolonging anything. You with your emotional claims do exactly that. I am simply reasserting what I started this conversation with which is that it is illogical and wicked even to have children as slaves for you in old age. undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by spirul77: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
I haven't come across such couples, if you don't want to have a child who will take Care of your old age.
And I would love to have 3 or 4 kids when I'm married
"who will take care of me when I'm old" "who will continue with my name when I'm no more" are very selfish reasons to have children, sometimes I think Afrixan mums are very greedy and selfish people, the main crux of almost every Nigerian mothers reason for taking care of their children is "who will take care of me in my old age" so if you don't have the belief they will take care of you when you are old you won't take care of them now? Truth is if kids really want to pay for what their parents did for them they can't really pay, and truth is if not that Nigerian parents see their kids as investment you would have seen the other side of an average Nigerian on the way they threat their own kids. Kids are not meant to take care of you when you are old or something like that, rather they are our responsibility, just the way our parents take care of us without expecting anything from us should also be the way we threat our kids by not expecting anything from them. Shame.
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by bepositive11: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I ain't the one prolonging anything. You with your emotional claims do exactly that. I am simply reasserting what I started this conversation with which is that it is illogical and wicked even to have children as slaves for you in old age. undecided

Do you like being there for people you love and care about? I'm guessing the answer is yes?

You are not a burden to people who love and care about you. In fact, to them, it's a pleasure to be there for you

Stop calling children slaves. There's nothing wrong with wanting your own biological children to be there for you in old age. No one can ever love and care about you as much as family

Even if you pay for elderly care, at least they'll make sure that you're treated well when you can no longer fend for yourself
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
bepositive11:

Do you like being there for people you love and care about? I'm guessing the answer is yes?

You are not a burden to people who love and care about you. In fact, to them, it's a pleasure to be there for you

Stop calling children slaves. There's nothing wrong with wanting your own biological children to be there for you in old age. No one can ever love and care about you as much as family

Even if you pay for elderly care, at least they'll make sure that you're treated well when you can no longer fend for yourself
Yet again with the emotional babbles...You can't help yourself, can you? undecided
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
spirul77:
"who will take care of me when I'm old" "who will continue with my name when I'm no more" are very selfish reasons to have children, sometimes I think Afrixan mums are very greedy and selfish people, the main crux of almost every Nigerian mothers reason for taking care of their children is "who will take care of me in my old age" so if you don't have the belief they will take care of you when you are old you won't take care of them now?

Truth is if kids really want to pay for what their parents did for them they can't really pay, and truth is if not that Nigerian parents see their kids as investment you would have seen the other side of an average Nigerian on the way they threat their own kids. Kids are not meant to take care of you when you are old or something like that, rather they are our responsibility, just the way our parents take care of us without expecting anything from us should also be the way we threat our kids by not expecting anything from them. Shame.
Very selfish and wicked indeed. undecided
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by bepositive11: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Yet again with the emotional babbles...You can't help yourself, can you? undecided

We have different opinions. No one's wrong or right. Have a good day.
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2021
bepositive11:
We have different opinions. No one's wrong or right. Have a good day.
A difference of opinions would apply in a case where you offer one logical opposing view to mine. That isn't what is taking place here though. You have instead attempted using manipulative emotional arguments to get by here. undecided
Re: Don't Want To Have Child/children? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2021
I wish people made great use of their thinking faculties when it comes to the decision of having children rather than relying on sentiments or societal expectations. Parenting is a difficult and meticulous life-long task. If more people reframed their minds to view it this way, the world would be a much better place as many people would reconsider the need to reproduce which is a good thing because the world is overpopulated anyways. Too many narcissists and selfish people hide under the guise of parenting and ruin innocent lives as a result which creates a cycle of dysfunction and trauma traversing generations and having far-reaching consequences on society. Undergoing reproduction should be largely selfless which then manifests in the quality of offsprings in all dimensions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebony Appreciation Thread! / Hookup Girls In Asaba. / Does Finance Matter In Any Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.