Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) (96482 Views)

Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by CSTRR: 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
Jim99:
Who no go, no know..

U.S, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Denmark, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Sweden, Japan, Singapore and maybe France.

Anything outside these places, i no dey count am as country.

And yes Monaco is a sovereign state.
Why maybe France?

Is france that bad?
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Ever8090: 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

Make this guy shut up

Nor be the same Cyprus people for still dey tear everywhere ....

Instead of am to huzzle....he dey lament
you go there naa, abi you no wan tear?

4 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
Philomath1212:

What of China?

China is average,if you can make money in china you can also make money in Nigeria though I know very rich people in china but na street and powder
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by CSTRR: 3:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
redcliff:

remive france from that maybe...
How is France?
As a Nigerian immigrant?
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bishop:

Belgium no be better country?

No country wey no good oh it depends, I know rich in Chad, Mauritania and Gabon
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

He wanted to be free be cause he thought he has arrived
This is the price of freedom he is dealing with
When one refuse to hear word
This is the result
Is he not free enough working independently as a supervisor in Dubai? Make e com ask those over thirty still living with there parents how free they are.

He is just naughty, foolish (cos he did no research) and hasty to just be balling lavishly like yahoo guys. He's just not appreciative.

1 Like

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
Orch1981:

I live in Singapore for good 3 years is a very nice sweet and good country but if you don't have your permit in Singapore is a big problem

Singapore is very good especially with student visa

1 Like

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
Fhemmmy:

Sometimes, it is NOT where you are going BUT what you have to offer . . . .

Wetin you wan offer oyibo wey no de dia country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
99guru:
[/s][s]

Shut up
lmaoo grin

I was expecting to see people like you get into my mention grin

Truth indeed grin You go dey alright laslas grin
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
ogwumgbe:

Cambodia is far better than your zoo. 24 hours electricity, good road network, adequate water supply, good economy, sweet girls, There money has been the same exchange rate to dollars for 25 years, good governance

Unfortunately all the things you mention aint valid factors to consider when seeking greener pasture in a foreign land.
The 1st thing you must be very sure about your country of choice is it immigrant friendly cos adaptation is sacrosanct to whatever you are looking forward achieve in a foreign land.
i will pick a country with good % of nigerians over exchange rate, cos support is vital to adaptation.
if you are not an investor of what benefit will a bouyant economy be to an immigrant smiley curious
All those basic amenities you listed are not even free, you must pay as you enjoy it, so no let am freak you

5 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Are you sure, what if I get a scholarship and hide under it

It depends some countries won't allow you work with students Visa and even if you work you will know that there are bills to pay

2 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
BritishNaija:

Why abroad have you been to? This your write-up is headache to read.
because you're mentally lazy or have issues with comprehension.thats not my problem though grin
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by RodgersAkpafu: 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
makky4y:
why do you say so?
Lol I just finished watching the video and it was motivating with some hardline truth
The message is true
But the messenger is a fraud
Google em
grin
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by aidameoryou: 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
Nah so my junior boy I sent to Dubai to go and hustle, I got a job for him where they were paying him 1800 aed about 260,000 as of then, the work is flexible because he work from camp where he live, most at times If I called to check on him, he's either cooking or sleeping during working hours, because that place is facilities and he's in charge of everything, nobody is supervising him or care to know what he does, under 1 year of working there this guy made close to 3m without stress, his friends in Cyprus start fooling him to join them there that life In Cyprus is much better , first time he Brought the idea I told him to forget it , that even if he want to change country it must not be turkey or Cyprus, I told him to at least work for 2 years finish his contract and have upto 6m in his account that I personally help him secure Canada or UK student visa, he can go there and live his life since he like seeing white ladies, but this guy refuse and resigned, anyway he came back to Nigeria and meet the agent that do his friends visa he charged him 2m with ticket I told him its too much, he said he has the money he will pay, but nah my money I use sponsor this very boy oooo, anyway after much talking with the agent I was satisfied at least he won't run away with his money, do you know that the friends later broke the kernel back after he has gotten his visa and ticket and were preparing to join them upper week , they told him the bitter truth , to forget about Cyprus that the place is hard like stone , that no job and they themselves living there for 3 years are not working, since they came they are living in asylum house surviving with small stipend from government that is not up to 50k a month, they leave in tent in open field... this my boy was heart broken he lose interest immediately and said he won't be going again that I should help him see if I can collect the money back from the agent, I told him I can't do that because he delivered, u didn't back out when u were in dubai disturbing the agent to push ur papers that you don't want to stay more than 1 week if he returns from dubai, but immediately u paid him and visa out, u decide to back out, it doesn't work that way.. he lose everything I even decline to return him back to Dubai, he is now in Senegal learning irony of life in hardway, people should ask well before going oo

lol wheres he at in senegal, am also in senegal.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by RodgersAkpafu: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
was he not free in dubai ... nah over sabi kill am... because they posed with white girls and he thought they are living large in Cyprus
Exactly my point
Probably both of you were in Dybaj
And he wanted to be "freee"
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by caandi: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2021
Cyprus no follow for country naa, Nigerians rush dere cos visa to the country is cheap and affordable but no livelihood there at all. Some go there in hope to follow there and enter better European country and the they later find out it’s not that easy
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Comanche(f): 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2021
Latakia:
It's not your friend but my friend cos I warned her before travelling having been there but she didn't listen. She was busy converting the money into dollars forgetting that she's not gonna spend naira there. Mind you those even earning 200,000 in the same company with her in Nigeria are doing better here. Some are already building their house. It depend on how prudent you are. I know most of you kid on nairaland believed life over there is better than Africa, I feel una pain cos most of you still live under the roof of your parents and haven't seen the other world.

What ae you saying all these for?

See it is either your friend has been lieing to you to avoid sending you money or you are just jealous of her relocation and sharing misinformation to cast her.

I personally know someone that left a 500,000 naira job her in Nigeria to apply as a student receiving less than 2000 dollar stipend in the USA. And she is doing well, sponsors her younger brother and caters for her mom accommodation and feeding solely.

So you can imagine someone making 5000 dollar and you are saying they can't even make calls to Nigeria! WTF!

7 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2021
pocohantas:

You should have slept with the foreign women. Or as they also expensive to “hire”?

That said, all the people I have seen, that willingly and intentionally traveled to North Cyprus are yahoo boys. There are countries you see people going to and you know they are either ignorant, desperate or their intentions are not noble.

I know someone that traveled to Cambodia. undecided

Cambodia is cheaper than Cyprus and I know many that it has blessed especially Yahoo boys drug dealers and it's visa free
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

I disagree with the bolded
Your first paragraph is true and validate my point
Most Nigerians are just getting by

If you are also abroad doing a legal job and earning a decent wage that can pay your Bill's, it's also a good one
The problem with most Nigerian immigrants is that they want to put one leg in Lagos and the other in Los angeles
Its either you make Los Angeles your new home and build there to establish your descendants
Or have an exit strategy back to Lagos after a couple of years
If you take option one, you would NEVER have problems living abroad
of course.youre totally spot on
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by ORIAYO70(m): 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
WriterNig:
People Won’t Tell You The Truth Until You Reach Abroad – Nigerian Man (Photos)

Yabaleft Online

Thanks for the update one mumu wan gbeje me go Cyprus. I japa
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
because you're mentally lazy or have issues with comprehension.thats not my problem though grin

With such a write-up, I better not crack my brains reading, lolz.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by funky4j: 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
My Gckey account got blocked and I got information from this platform that I can open a new account and link my email.I told my agent and he said opening a new account means reapplying afresh and paying another visa fee of $150 and also updating my sponsors statement of account.and after this is when they will link it to my email.

Is this truly what it means.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by caandi: 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
Some folks talking trash, even Benin republic rn is better than naija with 1000cfa equivalent to 850 naira. Una dey see am? Cfa that was valueless before! Naija which way! End time economy

3 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
aidameoryou:

lol wheres he in senegal, i dey senegal too grin grin grin grin

its barely over 2 years for me, and i aint staying past this year
Shed more light about your experience.Thanks
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Halo22: 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
But one guy wey I know enter there and make am within 6months, abi the Cyprus dey two?
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by ogwumgbe: 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
larryjonze:

Unfortunately all the things you mention aint valid factors to consider when seeking greener pasture in a foreign land.
The 1st thing you must be very sure about your country of choice is it immigrant friendly cos adaptation is sacrosanct to whatever you are looking forward achieve in a foreign land.
i will pick a country with good % of nigerians over exchange rate, cos support is vital to adaptation.
if you are not an investor of what benefit will a bouyant economy be to an immigrant smiley curious
All those basic amenities you listed are not even free, you must pay as you enjoy it, so no let am freak you

No Police harassment, civilized and friendly people, so respectful, anyone that told you that Cambodia is shit like Nigeria is living in illusion. Cambodia is thousands of miles better than that zoo. In fact any country that zoo is better than is not in this world, that country must be hell itself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by princewarri1985: 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
WriterNig:
People Won’t Tell You The Truth Until You Reach Abroad – Nigerian Man (Photos)

Yabaleft Online
What is this one saying self? Cyprus na abroad? Go better like USA or CANADA and come back and tell us how far, then you can speak and i will listen, benin republic na abroad too na as long as you non dey naija again, NONSENSE!
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
franchasng:
South Korea, Netherlands, Spain, Ireland, Scotland
Oga comot Spain
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by LoveJesus87(m): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Hope you know that in many parts of america, they are desperately looking for workers
At least that was the story for the last three months
Dont know about now
Cos I have a young cousin who is over there, who got two jobs at the same time easy (though it's not white collar job) and is combining it with part time uber
He is working very hard and round thr clock
But he is doing fine, saving money, building credit and even sent money back to his mom (my aunt) here in Nigeria
The world is getting tough
But one thing that is undeniable is that the USA have far more opportunities to grow (if you are willing to put in the work) than in Nigeria with very limited opportunities
thank you jare
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2021
BritishNaija:

With such a write-up, I better not crack my brains reading, lolz.
bye
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2021
nzeobi:

Wetin you wan offer oyibo wey no de dia country

It is called service sir . . . .Every nation needs something and every community needs something that you could have . . . .There are some developed nations that needs your service as interpreter for their legal system
There are many that are begging to have more carpenters for the real estate industries. . .It is all about thinking outside of the box....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

American Wife Shows The Living Condition With Her Nigerian Husband To Her Family / Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.