Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,720 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) (96497 Views)

Europe Is Not Easy — Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) / Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by MeeLan: 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
We Don dey hear all these stories for years, e nor work for u nor mean say e nor go work for me.
In United States, people still pick food from wastebin to survive, UK homeless is even worse. Baba, everywhere strong.
How you go enter Cyprus without job & expect to flex?
Who nor get work dey suffer for naija too, just dat friends n family dey sustain some.

9 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Hope you know that in many parts of america, they are desperately looking for workers
At least that was the story for the last three months
Dont know about now
Cos I have a young cousin who is over there, who got two jobs at the same time easy (though it's not white collar job) and is combining it with part time uber
He is working very hard and round thr clock
But he is doing fine, saving money, building credit and even sent money back to his mom (my aunt) here in Nigeria
The world is getting tough
But one thing that is undeniable is that the USA have far more opportunities to grow (if you are willing to put in the work) than in Nigeria with very limited opportunities
They are looking for cheap labourers. Don't tell me what I know already. Someone that is there is complaining na you wey dey nairaland want tell me wetin I know.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Oh, I should ask the OP now but you were quick to support the OP.

Let me remind you that your country lacks security, health care (doctors are on strike and your politicians go abroad for treatment), basic amenities, no road, no jobs. I can go on and on.

Anyone who is abroad and is complaining that Nigeria is better than those countries should relocate back immediately. But we all know that they will never do that.

The useless op is a case study. After complaining about cyprus, he didnt return to Nigeria but ran to another country.
he didn't come back because shame no gree am come back.he knows if he comes back to Naija empty handed, people go abuse/yab am say with all your I'm in abroad nothing to show for it.they Even Give such people nicknames like BLLB-boshey lo lose bo meaning as he went broke,he came back broke
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Orch1981: 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nigeria still remain hell, I left nigeria 2016 but today am doing very with genuine business no fraud no drugs legit business am doing well what I couldn't achieve in nigeria since I was born but today I own a house in nigeria with order things.
To me Nigeria still remain hellfire part 2

5 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by bezimo(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
redcliff:

remive france from that maybe...

Why nah..
I lived in France some 6 years ago..things were great then.Have things changed?
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by bigcasava1(m): 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
If no be isreal I no dey go anywhere.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by planetx: 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
I know a young lady close to my wife that just relocated to this N Cyprus after trying desperately to migrate to Canada. Nigerians and desperation hope she wouldn't turn to prostitution with the things I am hearing about that country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Orch1981: 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nigeria still remain hell, I left nigeria 2016 but today am doing very well with genuine business no fraud no drugs legit business am doing well what I couldn't achieve in nigeria since I was born but today I own a house in nigeria with order things.
To me Nigeria still remain hellfire part 2

2 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by osbubud: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
Still, he's looking fresh

1 Like

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Buzx: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
Latakia:
There are educated, legal and hardworking within the citizens of America and outsiders that are finding life there difficult. Covid-19 even added to this difficulty. My friend is telling me what she passing through even though I wasn't surprised cos I've been there, you that is on nairaland that have never travel out want to justify her just because you have the same mentality of I MUST TRAVEL OUT.

In summary I am stopping you not to travel out.

Your friend is going to be okay! It takes time to adjust. You mentioned 200k. How much is 200k in Nigeria? And how many people earn this here? Your friend has made a very good decision to leave this country. If you tell me 10 stories of Nigerians suffering abroad, I'll tell you 100 success stories of Nigerians who has left this country. E no work for you no mean say e no go work for another person.

5 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
nzeobi:

Not in all cases, they're people in some African or south American countries that are still better than people in some of those countries you mentioned. There are poor people everywhere

Sometimes, it is NOT where you are going BUT what you have to offer . . . .
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
pocohantas:

Did COVID 19 not make life hard for you here in Nigeria? Yours is even worse because the govt doesn’t care. So why singling out that your friend for onslaught? The begging culture online and offline skyrocketed during the pandemic and it hasn’t reduced since then. Nigerians are suffering!

I wish I could reach that your friend. She needs to stop telling you her predicament because it obviously tickles your clitoris and delivers hard orgasms to you.

I have a friend that resigned too to travel abroad. He calls me to tell me the same things your friend is telling you, but I know he made a good decision leaving Nigeria for Canada. I simply tell him it is a phase and yes it is a phase!! 95% of immigrants go through that phase and it is worst when they have no one to help them settle in.

Maybe you are also waiting for your friend to pack her bags and come home. I bet you would create a thread filled with smiling emojis that day. Amooo-su!
What most of you kid doesn't know is that no matter how worst it is in Nigeria, your family/friends will be there for you compare to America, all man is for himself/herself once you reach 18 years. In Nigeria a 35 years old is still living with his parents. It's not the same over there. Anyway you are still a kid that still live under the roof of mummy or daddy so you won't know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
Jim99:
Who no go, no know..

U.S, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Denmark, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Sweden, Japan, Singapore and maybe France.

Anything outside these places, i no dey count am as country.
You have summed it all up.
Anything beyond a GOOD CHRISTIAN NATION is a Big NO for me.
Do you know that RUSSIAN Ladies choose the US as their preferred destination for Childbirth.?
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by RodgersAkpafu: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
Latakia:
They are looking for cheap labourers. Don't tell me what I know already. Someone that is there is complaining na you wey dey nairaland want tell me wetin I know.
What is this ones saying?
You gave your persons experience
I'm also giving you my kid cousin experience
Now you are being passive aggressive
Having those jobs do not mean you will remain in those jobs.
My cousin plans to go into healthcare once certain things are sorted out
And from there he can climb the ranks
These are opportunities that most nigerians IN Nigeria can only dream about
The ability to use your hardwork to climb the socioeconomic ladder

6 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
he didn't come back because shame no gree am come back.he knows if he comes back to Naija empty handed, people go abuse/yab am say with all your I'm in abroad nothing to show for it.they Even Give such people nicknames like BLLB-boshey lo lose bo meaning as he went broke,he came back broke

Lol, which one be say shame no gree am.

If Naija is better, he will come back and enjoy that enjoyment that he said is here. But most of them knw that it is a lie.

Even your useless politicians, after looting your money will still run to that same abroad to enjoy good healthcare, better amenities and better living condition.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Limassol(m): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
But why would anyone think of Cyprus and think that it's a place to travel too? Some European countries are worse than Nigeria if you're not a native of that country.
Cyprus as a country is far better than anything all African countries combined have to offer. The country op moved to is Northern Cyprus, a country only recognised by its biggest ally which is Turkey. Abeg make una try dey read, e get why.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by RodgersAkpafu: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
Latakia:
What most of you kid doesn't know is that no matter how worst it is in Nigeria, your family/friends will be there for you compare to America, all man is for himself/herself once you reach 18 years. In Nigeria a 35 years old is still living with his parents. It's not the same over there. Anyway you are still a kid that still live under the roof of mummy or daddy so you won't know.
Pocock is still a kid?
Do you know what u are saying at all?

1 Like

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Orch1981: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
nzeobi:

Not in all cases, they're people in some African or south American countries that are still better than people in some of those countries you mentioned. There are poor people everywhere

I live in Singapore for good 3 years is a very nice sweet and good country but if you don't have your permit in Singapore is a big problem

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
Limassol:
Cyprus as a country is far better than anything all African countries combined have to offer. The country op moved to is Northern Cyprus, a country only recognised by its biggest ally which is Turkey. Abeg make una try dey read, e get why.

Don't mind them cheesy
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by gentleguy1975: 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
WriterNig:
The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Be warned!If the grass is always greener on the other side,then there will be no fence!

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nemesis0147(m): 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2021
Latakia:
kid from your comment.
alright
Can you be my mentor?
For real.
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by blaque7: 2:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
Cyprus ko,
citrus ni!
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by WayoProphet: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
No mind him, na hear say he dey talk. Job full America now. Americans have refused to go back to work due to free money they are getting from the govt. Some business are closing down because of lack of workers.

Hassanmaye:

Are you serious people in America looking for jobs?? First class country fa

6 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by kutashi: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
KingDash:
see as e fresh cum here e dey talk rubbish.. any country better pass naija right now.
Fresh May be weather and cheap food! That's why nobody will ever believe any wild cum discouraging story from anybody living abroad! No matter there stress, calamity and regret, they will always appear fresh and chubby against their story but any wishing homo sapien can try his luck! You can never tell!
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 2:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
Buzx:

Your friend is going to be okay! It takes time to adjust. You mentioned 200k. How much is 200k in Nigeria? And how many people earn this here? Your friend has made a very good decision to leave this country. If you tell me 10 stories of Nigerians suffering abroad, I'll tell you 100 success stories of Nigerians who has left this country. E no work for you no mean say e no go work for another person.
Someone that is planning to come home soon. U kid always believed money making is easier there. I remembered in one of my trip over there, I saw one popular actor who used to act in mostly Yoruba movies, I don't need to tell you the kind of job is doing, honestly he was not happy over there with the kind of decision he took having seen what the likes of Odunlade Adekola, Femi Adebayo, Muyiwa Ademola have achieved in the movies industry. The likes of Muyiwa Ademola, Okunu, Sanyeri, Latin have their family children living legally in Canada but they never relocated permanent cos they know life over there is not easy. Muyiwa Ademola even have to make a movie titled "ILE" just to educate people that always believed life is greener over there. I'm done with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
pocohantas:

I wish I could reach that your friend. She needs to stop telling you her predicament because it obviously tickles your clitoris and delivers hard orgasms to you.

Omo you go like sex oh kikiki grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
Nemesis0147:
alright
Can you be my mentor?
For real.
Work harder and have focus. Don't spend millions of naira to get a visa that can't guarantee you future.

4 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Pocock is still a kid?
Do you know what u are saying at all?
From his comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
Jim99:
Who no go, no know..

U.S, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Denmark, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Sweden, Japan, Singapore and maybe France.

Anything outside these places, i no dey count am as country.
When did Monaco become a country?
Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
TheKingIsHere:

Lol, which one be say shame no gree am.

If Naija is better, he will come back and enjoy that enjoyment that he said is here. But most of them knw that it is a lie.

Even your useless politicians, after looting your money will still run to that same abroad to enjoy good healthcare, better amenities and better living condition.

the point is every country has its own issues but to be doing relatively ok in Naija and think it's ok to resign and travel out is sheer stupidity

Leave those politicians out of the matter.they are living on stolen money to do vacation abroad not to seek for work and they have lost all atom of respect both in Naija and abroad

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
Nah so my junior boy I sent to Dubai to go and hustle, I got a job for him where they were paying him 1800 aed about 260,000 as of then, the work is flexible because he work from camp where he stay, most at times I called to check on him, he's either cooking or sleeping during working hours, because that place is facilities and he is in charge everything, nobody is supervising him or care to know what he does, under 1 year of working their this guy made close to 3m without stress, his friends in Cyprus start fooling him to join them there that life I'm Cyprus is much better , first time he Brought the issue I told him to forget it , that even if he want to change country it must not be turkey or Cyprus, I told him to at least work for 2 years finish his contract and have upto 6m for his account that, I personally will help him secure Canada or UK student visa, he can go there and live his life since he like seeing white ladies, but this guy refuse and resigned, anyway he came back to Nigeria and meet the agent that do his friends visa he charged him 2m with ticket I told him its too much, he said he has the money he will pay, but nah my money I use sponsor this very boy oooo, anyway after much talking with the agent I was satisfied at least he won't run away with his money, do you know that the friends later broke the kernel back when told them he will be joining them next week that his visa and ticket are ready, they told him to forget about Cyprus that the place is hard like stone , that no job and they survive through stipend from government that is not up to 50k a month, they leave in tent in open field... this boy say no won't go again that I should help him see if I can collect the money back from the agent, I told him I can't do that because he delivered, u didn't back out when u are in dubai but immediately u paid him and visa out, u decide to back out, it don't work that way he lose everything I even decline to return him back to Dubai, he is now in Senegal learning irony of life in hardway, people should ask well before going oo
damn quite a sad story

2 Likes

Re: Life In Cyprus Is Not Easy - Nigerian Man Shares His Experiences (Photos) by Latakia(f): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

What is this ones saying?
You gave your persons experience
I'm also giving you my kid cousin experience
Now you are being passive aggressive
Having those jobs do not mean you will remain in those jobs.
My cousin plans to go into healthcare once certain things are sorted out
And from there he can climb the ranks
These are opportunities that most nigerians IN Nigeria can only dream about
The ability to use your hardwork to climb the socioeconomic ladder
You are still a kid. I'm not stopping you from travelling out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

American Wife Shows The Living Condition With Her Nigerian Husband To Her Family / Anna Turaeva: Russian Female Powerlifter Asked To Prove Gender At Airport / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.