Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues (3606 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / What Does The Bible Teach About Speaking In Tongues? / 20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:32am On Oct 16, 2021
GraceAndPeace:
Amen. I pray in tongues more especially when I am not ready to pray in my understanding.

That is good

Now after you become baptized in the spirit

There are different ways to activate the gift or rather there are different ways the gift functions

Number one
There is stirring up of the tongues gift within you to pray

NUMBER two
There is when the tongues comes from heaven to you to pray

NUMBER three
There is when in comes from your heart your spirit to you to pray

This are the three ways it comes on you to pray out. There may be other ways but this is the ones I have noticed in my personal experience.

From what you said up I believe you are referring to number one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 11:27am On Oct 16, 2021
GraceAndPeace:

You all opposing speaking in tongues, deceiving yourselves thinking you are defending the truth when you are only doing the devil's job which is to first question God's word and bring division among brethren.

The OP created the thread to speak about one topic which is speaking in tongues and has provided evidence why the church should not neglect this too like the other gifts. And he has been polite and patient from the beginning.

Even if you disagree why not do it in a loving way and out of a good conscience. Why earnestly looking out for "a fault, or a loophole" so you can lash out on a brother that Christ died for?

If you think prophesy is better, you are right cos the Bible says so and the OP is not arguing against that. But tongues are still good and edify the person or the church when there is interpretation.

Why so mad

What is this one saying?
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 11:29am On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

The word of faith we preach is near you... At the right time I will send you my tapes... But now in many penticostal churches when ever you see men of God speak in tongues the next English words out from their mouth is the interpretation of the tongues

This is what many children of God always fail to understand... Any time I speak in a gathering I always explain what I speak I won't even tell the people hearing this is the interpretation that childish so that is how the thing works

Keep deceiving yourselves and think you are deceiving the Spirit of Truth.

2 Likes

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by judedwriter(m): 11:31am On Oct 16, 2021
Paul prayed a lot in tongues and so should we:

“I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:”
— 1 Corinthians 14:18
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 11:33am On Oct 16, 2021
GraceAndPeace:
Amen. I pray in tongues more especially when I am not ready to pray in my understanding.

Ehehehehe!
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Romans 8:26 ►
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the (holy) Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

New King James Version
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the (holy) Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Someone called your attention to this wrongful use of the Scripture and you went ballistic. Romans 8:26 has nothing whatsoever to do with speaking in tongues.

Bishopkingsley:

1 Corinthians 14:2 ►
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit.

Read all chapter 14

To see what tongues is about

In fact read first and second Corinthians to see what speaking in tongues is

So, you mean you got all the errors that you have disseminated here from 1 Corinthians 14? The very same 1 Corinthians 14 in the Scriptures or another one? Ehehehehe!

This "speaking in tongues" that you are describing here, is it different from what occurred in the portion of the Scriptures below?

Acts 2: 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them. 5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

Ehehehehe!

2 Likes

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

Keep deceiving yourselves and think you are deceiving the Spirit of Truth.

God bless you thank you.... Bye
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2021
judedwriter:
Paul prayed a lot in tongues and so should we:

“I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:”
— 1 Corinthians 14:18

Very correct

Speaking in tongues is actually a way of life
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

Someone called your attention to this wrongful use of the Scripture and you went ballistic. Romans 8:26 has nothing whatsoever to do with speaking in tongues.

So, you mean you got all the errors that you have disseminated here from 1 Corinthians 14? The very same 1 Corinthians 14 in the Scriptures or another one? Ehehehehe!

This "speaking in tongues" that you are describing here, is it different from what occurred in the portion of the Scriptures below?

Acts 2: 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them. 5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

Ehehehehe!

Be blessed peace bye

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ayo081:

What about Prophecy (Paul said we should seek this by all means), word of knowledge or healing?

That some one speaks in tongues does not mean that they won't work on the other spiritual gift

So speaking in tongues is the one that takes you to the realm of the spirit where you can develop other gift too

Healing and word of knowledge is part of the things that work in the life of the believer

It is a natural thing for those who believe in Jesus

Mark 16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

That some one speaks in tongues does not mean that they won't work on the other spiritual gift

So speaking in tongues is the one that takes you to the realm of the spirit where you can develop other gift too

Healing and word of knowledge is part of the things that work in the life of the believer

It is a natural thing for those who believe in Jesus

Mark 16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Well noted.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Be blessed peace bye

You guys have to stop twisting the Scriptures. You are busy sending people to the lake of fire.

Just answer the question. So long as you people continue to twist the set-apart Scriptures of YHVH Almighty, his saints, servants and messengers will continue to oppose you all.

2 Likes

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

God bless you thank you.... Bye

Stop twisting the Scriptures. The Righteous Walk is not a play thing.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

You guys have to stop twisting the Scriptures. You are busy sending people to the lake of fire.

Just answer the question. So long as you people continue to twist the set-apart Scriptures of YHVH Almighty, his saints, servants and messengers will continue to oppose you all.

You have to respect people and equally obey the word of God because God demands his children to be respectful you don't need to abuse any one no matter what

Because we are not Muslims who engage in terrorists act no one can fight people for God that is not the commandment of Jesus

So ask your questions in a gentle manner and you will receive clarity

We walk by the Spirit so we know what we say
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

If you don't believe in speaking in tongues you are missing the beauty of the Holy Spirit power

It up to you to accept what is in the Bible and ask God to show you his awesome power
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

If you don't believe in speaking in tongues you are missing the beauty of the Holy Spirit power

It up to you to accept what is in the Bible and ask God to show you his awesome power

Which Holy Spirit? Is the same one that manifested here:

Acts 2: 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. 5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

Or another?

I asked you and I will ask you again. This speaking in tongues that you have been talking about, is different from what happened in the Scripture quoted above?

It is up to you to turn away from this wickedness of twisting the Scriptures and repent and accept the Truth.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

Acts 2: 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. 5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

Or another?

I asked you and I will ask you again. This speaking in tongues that you have been talking about, is different from what happened in the Scripture quoted above?

It is up to you to turn away from this wickedness of twisting the Scriptures and repent and accept the Truth.

On the first page I explained this

https://www.nairaland.com/6764379/jesus-taught-speaking-tongues#106052400

Look at what God said and look and notice God did not say what they were speaking rather what those people were hearing

..... Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?....

Meaning, these people of different nations hear the disciples speaking every one of their languages

Answer
Look very close to the two things you read and you wrote to see the difference

Now Bible did not record what those who where speaking in new tongues where actually saying

What Bible records was what those who came to hear the noise was hearing

Read it well to see what God is saying

.... because that every man heard them speak in his own language.....

..... And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?.....

Bible only record what those who came to hear the believers heard... Bible did not say the language they were speaking note this miraculous difference what Bible record is only what language those people heard

Now if you read down you will see other people heard this noise and heard this miraculous language in their ear but still refused to Repent and convert

Now I told you put only 50 people in a hall tell each person to speak different languages and when you come near the hall try to listen to them and see if you can understand any one of them in your own language

It is a simple practical thing you can do to see that you will not even hear your own English language from them because only noise you are actually going to hear from that group

So Bible actually record that they first heard noise but on getting close to the destination God miraculously transformed it into each person language they began to hear their own dialect

but the pastor will have time to say random sounds like cymbals that the people can't understand?
That means to him, whether the people understand or not it's not important?
That is too bad now!

Answer
As long as he eventually speaks English he had interpreted those random words

Or should I explain it again
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

Or another?

They were speaking in tongues and God supernaturally made those who came to hear the noise to begin to hear the noise in their own language read it to see what Bible is actually saying

The Scriptures can not be broken

Bible already said he who speaks in tongues speaks to God

So it not a human language any place you see in the Bible records it not human language because no man understands the language but God can make you hear human language when I speak in tongues because it is a miracle thing meant to win souls for God
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

You have to respect people and equally obey the word of God because God demands his children to be respectful you don't need to abuse any one no matter what

So ask your questions in a gentle manner and you will receive clarity

We walk by the Spirit so we know what we say

You have to respect the Word of YHVH Almighty and equally show respect to those who deserve it. I don't even have the time to abuse you or anyone. It is curse from the same Scriptures that I will place on you for your wickedness. Do you think that the Righteous Walk is a play thing? Do you suppose the Glad Tidings of YHVH Almighty to be child's play?

You have to first respect the set-apart Scriptures of YHVH Almighty that you are shamelessly twisting and manipulating. Respect is earned. Anyone who shamelessly twists or manipulates the great and awesome set-apart Scriptures of YHVH Almighty does not deserve any iota of respect, regardless of your age or status.

It is obvious that both of us are not worshipping the same God. However, because you keep quoting the Scriptures and keep twisting and manipulating them to suit your whims and narratives, the Set-apart Spirit of YHVH Almighty will always oppose you.

2 Likes

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ah yes, the ever-present BK... who loves to "explain" many things, but too often with subtle additions to the Word of God, whether he's aware of it or not.

Let's begin:

Jesus in Mark 16:17-18 (NKJV):
17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Jesus is merely saying this:
(1) God will either clean up our existing language, AND/OR
(2) We will speak foreign, earthly languages that others on the earth will also understand.

There is no place Jesus is suggesting that we will speak some unrecognizable language, either to ourselves or to others.

Only those who "are zealous" to be "more religious" believe that's the case... but they are sadly deceived, as they are merely speaking gibberish and believing "they're in the Spirit", when in actuality they're being misled by the devil instead, who is more than happy to support them in their desire to be a "higher child of God". Surely, many are sincere with it... but they don't yet realize that they are exalting themselves, even to the point of believing false things. The devil is crafty... that's why we must keep our Love grounded in the Truth.

For an example of (1) above - how God and Jesus help clean up our language:
I used to curse like an angry, drunken sailor for decades of my life, until I finally repented and came to the Lord.
I also used to speak in exaggerated and adjective-laden speech, also like "swearing this or that" and other things.
Now I know longer curse, and my speech is plain and simple... my "yes" is a "yes", and my "no" is a "no".
Do I not speak with a new tongue ?
I do, because God and Jesus cleaned up my speech.
See the Book of James also... about controlling the tongue.

For an example of (2) above:
Surely many Christians have adopted a language "foreign" to them in order to declare God's Word to others.
There's nothing unusual about that.

Now, Acts 2:4-11 (NKJV):
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.
7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?
8 And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?
9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
11 Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.

There is no place in the Bible that suggests gibberish-speaking is what tongues TRULY is... although Paul had to convince the others of this, too, because like you and others, BK, they believed something untrue.

Paul was very nice about it in 1 Corinthians 14, knowing they truly thought that gibberish-speaking was a valid thing from their perspective, as though they were in the Spirit when they did so.

And like "the law", tongues is another topic that can refer to two things: gibberish-speaking or speaking a foreign language.

When Paul was referring to what the people do from their perspective, he used the word "tongue", by which Paul meant gibberish-speaking.

When Paul to referred to what tongues really is from his and God's Perspective, Paul knew tongues is really just foreign languages.

In 1 Corinthians 14:18-19, where Paul said "18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all; 19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue," obviously Paul meant that he spoke in several foreign earthly languages, but since the entire church would not understand him if he did so, he didn't.

Paul also mentioned In 1 Corinthians 14:12 , "Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel." Again, Paul was being kind, knowing they wanted to be "more religious" from their perspective... but were doing so in a self-exalting way, not for the edification of the church. Their actions were childish, but Paul didn't want to lambast them, knowing from their perspective that they wanted to be "more religious", and so grabbed on to "tongues" as the way to do so, even though doing so that way is wrong.

-------

One other thing you said before, BK... God "transformed" the language of the Pentecost speakers to make it sound right in the ears of the hearers.

You have no basis of proof for that at all.

In fact, if 50 people in a room were speaking in 50 different tongues (in this case I mean foreign languages), and a person was walking by who spoke only one of those languages, their ears would "pick up" the language they knew above the sound of all the rest.

Let me give you two real life examples of this:

(1) When I go to the grocery store, they have this annoying habit of playing "worlded" music in their overhead speakers.
And since I was "in the world" for so many years of my life before repenting and coming to Jesus, my ears automatically "pick up" any older song that sounds familiar.
And sadly, that song might stay in my brain for a few days afterward too, coming to the forefront from time-to-time, only to be rebuked.
BUT, if I hear a "new" song that I never heard before, my ears do NOT "pick it up", nor does my brain remember it.
Obviously, we pick up sounds that sound more familiar to us, certainly much more than other sounds that do not.

(2) I was raised in an English-speaking country, and practically all the songs were in English.
My wife was raised in a country whose first language was NOT English.
When we go the grocery store together, she NEVER remembers the songs over the store's speakers, the very songs that stick in my head.
Why ? It's obvious... her ears don't "pick up" less familiar speech.

So again, BK, the people who heard at Pentecost those speaking "with tongues"... they were hearing the speakers speaking in their own language, not some gibberish that was then translated by God.

You can believe that if you wish, but you have no proof of it, but only your own conjecture that seeks to add to God's Word.

And, as usual, I don't say this for your sake, BK, because I know you won't believe it, and will continue to defend "your way".

I only write this for the sake of others, who can read the Bible for themselves, and know what I'm telling you is true.

I still Love you, BK... I disagree with you a lot... but I still Love you.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

They were speaking in tongues and God supernaturally made those who came to hear the noise to begin to hear the noise in their own language read it to see what Bible is actually saying

So you are saying that the apostles didn't actually speak in different languages?

Bishopkingsley:

The Scriptures can not be broken

If it were possible, you would have shattered them to pieces.

Bishopkingsley:

Bible already said he who speaks in tongues speaks to God

The same Scripture says that unless there is an interpreter, the speaker speaks only to the Father in heaven. I shouldn't even be discussing with you and your likes because you people have no single solitary regard for the Truth of the Scriptures.

Bishopkingsley:

So it not a human language any place you see in the Bible records it not human language because no man understands the language but God can make you hear human language when I speak in tongues because it is a miracle thing meant to win souls for God

Outrageous!

2 Likes

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

On the first page I explained this

https://www.nairaland.com/6764379/jesus-taught-speaking-tongues#106052400

Look at what God said and look and notice God did not say what they were speaking rather what those people were hearing

..... Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?....

Meaning, these people of different nations hear the disciples speaking every one of their languages

Answer
Look very close to the two things you read and you wrote to see the difference

Now Bible did not record what those who where speaking in new tongues where actually saying

What Bible records was what those who came to hear the noise was hearing

Read it well to see what God is saying

.... because that every man heard them speak in his own language.....

..... And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?.....

Bible only record what those who came to hear the believers heard... Bible did not say the language they were speaking note this miraculous difference what Bible record is only what language those people heard

Now if you read down you will see other people heard this noise and heard this miraculous language in their ear but still refused to Repent and convert

Now I told you put only 50 people in a hall tell each person to speak different languages and when you come near the hall try to listen to them and see if you can understand any one of them in your own language

It is a simple practical thing you can do to see that you will not even hear your own English language from them because only noise you are actually going to hear from that group

So Bible actually record that they first heard noise but on getting close to the destination God miraculously transformed it into each person language they began to hear their own dialect

but the pastor will have time to say random sounds like cymbals that the people can't understand?
That means to him, whether the people understand or not it's not important?
That is too bad now!

Answer
As long as he eventually speaks English he had interpreted those random words

Or should I explain it again

Ridiculous! See how wicked these people are! Chai!

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:41pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

Ridiculous! See how wicked these people are! Chai!

God bless you richly bye
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

God bless you richly bye

Answer the questions.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

So you are saying that the apostles didn't actually speak in different languages?

The same Scripture says that unless there is an interpreter, the speaker speaks only to the Father in heaven. I shouldn't even be discussing with you and your likes because you people have no single solitary regard for the Truth of the Scriptures.

Outrageous!

It is better you don't discuss with us if that is what you want because we follow Jesus instructions we don't argue the things of God

If I don't not speak in tongues I won't open my mouth to teach the things of God

God has shown me so much revelation and I have seen many things in the spiritual realm

So I won't force you to believe in the Bible it up to you
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

Answer the questions.

Which question I did not see one
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

Outrageous!

elated177:

No they did not speak human language but those who heard them heard human language because God used their noise the speaking in tongues noise to win souls
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

Outrageous!

Try it out 50 people in a room ask all of them to speak English at once and stay at the window and listen and write down what each one says to see if you can understand any one

Now put 50 people tell them to speak different languages and see if you can understand them too
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
awitness41:
Ah yes, the ever-present BK... who loves to "explain" many things, but too often with subtle additions to the Word of God, whether he's aware of it or not.

Let's begin:

17 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

(2) We will speak foreign, earthly languages that others on the earth will also understand.

There is no place Jesus is suggesting that we will speak some unrecognizable language, either to ourselves or to others.

Only those who "are zealous" to be "more religious" believe that's the case... but they are sadly deceived, as they are merely speaking gibberish and believing "they're in the Spirit", when in actuality they're being misled by the devil instead, who is more than happy to support them in their desire to be a "higher child of God". Surely, many are sincere with it... but they don't yet realize that they are exalting themselves, even to the point of believing false things. The devil is crafty... that's why we must keep our Love grounded in the Truth.

I used to curse like an angry, drunken sailor for decades of my life, until I finally repented and came to the Lord.
I also used to speak in exaggerated and adjective-laden speech, also like "swearing this or that" and other things.
Now I know longer curse, and my speech is plain and simple... my "yes" is a "yes", and my "no" is a "no".

Surely many Christians have adopted a language "foreign" to them in order to declare God's Word to others.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.
7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?
9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
11 Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.

There is no place in the Bible that suggests gibberish-speaking is what tongues TRULY is... although Paul had to convince the others of this, too, because like you and others, BK, they believed something untrue.

Paul was very nice about it in 1 Corinthians 14, knowing they truly thought that gibberish-speaking was a valid thing from their perspective, as though they were in the Spirit when they did so.

And like "the law", tongues is another topic that can refer to two things: gibberish-speaking or speaking a foreign language.

When Paul was referring to what the people do from their perspective, he used the word "tongue", by which Paul meant gibberish-speaking.

When Paul to referred to what tongues really is from his and God's Perspective, Paul knew tongues is really just foreign languages.

In 1 Corinthians 14:18-19, where Paul said "18 I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all; 19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue," obviously Paul meant that he spoke in several foreign earthly languages, but since the entire church would not understand him if he did so, he didn't.

Paul also mentioned In 1 Corinthians 14:12 , "Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel." Again, Paul was being kind, knowing they wanted to be "more religious" from their perspective... but were doing so in a self-exalting way, not for the edification of the church. Their actions were childish, but Paul didn't want to lambast them, knowing from their perspective that they wanted to be "more religious", and so grabbed on to "tongues" as the way to do so, even though doing so that way is wrong.

-------

One other thing you said before, BK... God "transformed" the language of the Pentecost speakers to make it sound right in the ears of the hearers.

In fact, if 50 people in a room were speaking in 50 different tongues (in this case I mean foreign languages), and a person was walking by who spoke only one of those languages, their ears would "pick up" the language they knew above the sound of all the rest.

(1) When I go to the grocery store, they have this annoying habit of playing "worlded" music in their overhead speakers.
And since I was "in the world" for so many years of my life before repenting and coming to Jesus, my ears automatically "pick up" any older song that sounds familiar.
And sadly, that song might stay in my brain for a few days afterward too, coming to the forefront from time-to-time, only to be rebuked.
BUT, if I hear a "new" song that I never heard before, my ears do NOT "pick it up", nor does my brain remember it.
Obviously, we pick up sounds that sound more familiar to us, certainly much more than other sounds that do not.

(2) I was raised in an English-speaking country, and practically all the songs were in English.
When we go the grocery store together, she NEVER remembers the songs over the store's speakers, the very songs that stick in my head.

So again, BK, the people who heard at Pentecost those speaking "with tongues"... they were hearing the speakers speaking in their own language, not some gibberish that was then translated by God.

You can believe that if you wish, but you have no proof of it, but only your own conjecture that seeks to add to God's Word.

And, as usual, I don't say this for your sake, BK, because I know you won't believe it, and will continue to defend "your way".

I only write this for the sake of others, who can read the Bible for themselves, and know what I'm telling you is true.

awitness41:

Wrong that is not what Jesus is saying

They will speak with new tongues means they will speak only to God a a sign of spiritual baptism and Paul say no man understand what the speaker is saying

Now Paul commands that when a leader is in church speaking that he should interpret it or find one who can interpret

As long as you have not experienced what I say you will argue with me forever

The day you become filled in the spirit then you will acknowledge what Bible said

So I will advise you to ask God to give you this power gift then you can bear witness
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2021
awitness41:

Let's begin:

-------

awitness41:

Show me where I have added to the word of the living God the consuming fire

Show me
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Wrong that is not what Jesus is saying

They will speak with new tongues means they will speak only to God a a sign of spiritual baptism and Paul say no man understand what the speaker is saying

Now Paul commands that when a leader is in church speaking that he should interpret it or find one who can interpret

As long as you have not experienced what I say you will argue with me forever

The day you become filled in the spirit then you will acknowledge what Bible said

So I will advise you to ask God to give you this power gift then you can bear witness

Again you falsely accuse me of not having the Holy Spirit... but that's on you in front of God, and you and I will both one day answer to Him.

But on a different note, BK, please answer the following question with a simple "yes" or "no":

Are you a real bishop of a real church that meets in a real (earthly) church building - yes or no ?

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:12pm On Oct 16, 2021
awitness41:

Again you falsely accuse me of not having the Holy Spirit... but that's on you in front of God, and you and I will both one day answer to Him.

But on a different note, BK, please answer the following question with a simple "yes" or "no":

Are you a real bishop of a real church that meets in a real (earthly) church building - yes or no ?

Now if ever I said some one don't have the holy spirit then you must have said something that children of God are not permitted to say or you must have believed
And teach false doctrines

I can't remember saying that to you but I will watch how you speak to determine if you believe Bible or your own mindset

Example
God said we are the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and some people don't believe it they only believe in the law so tell me who should I believe God or them

God said his Righteousness is a free gift and some don't believe it so tell me who I should believe them or God

This are the things that make people not to have the holy spirit when they refuse to trust God and they trust in themselves

Now who am I

I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness:

But since we are not in the wilderness

I am the voice of one crying in the beautiful city of the world

That is who I am when time comes for me to unveil myself I will do that with a bang

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Cocin Headquarters Church,jos. / Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain / Former Imam: God Saved Me From Torture After Christian Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.