Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,401 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues (3596 Views)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. / What Does The Bible Teach About Speaking In Tongues? / 20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by BassReeves: 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
BassReeves let test the scriptures

[s]If Matthew 28:19
Matthew 28:19 ►
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

If Matthew 28:19
"was of God no one could overthrow it"
(Acts 5:39)!

Acts 5:39
39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Now let see the relationship between the father the son the holy spirit in baptism

Yet Matthew 28:19
Uses the one name
The Father the Son the Holy Spirit

Now
Ephesians 4:5
one Lord, one faith, one baptism;

Now
Acts 1
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence

Ephesians 4:5 says "one baptism." Since Jesus promised Holy Spirit baptism
(Acts 1:5)!

The Scriptures continuously promise Holy Spirit baptism before the cross in

Matthew 3:11,
Mark 1:8,
Luke 3:16

and finally Jesus promises Holy Spirit baptism in Acts 1:5 which makes it obvious the "one baptism" is Holy Spirit baptism
(Ephesians 4:5).

Since we need "power" to quicken our "DEAD spirits"
(Romans 5:12-14;
I Corinthians 15:21-22) "back to life"

(Ephesians 2:1) as we are "born again of the Spirit"
(John 3:5-7) that we receive after Holy Spirit baptism
(Acts 1:5;8.. ) when a water baptism is powerless shouldn't the "one baptism" be Holy Spirit baptism?

Since we need "power" that we receive after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5;8.. )
"to become the sons of God" (John 1:12-13) shouldn't the "one baptism" be Holy Spirit baptism? BassReeves

Since Jesus "chooses and ordains us"
(John 15:16;
Acts 1:22) when "He baptizes us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) shouldn't the one baptism be Holy Spirit baptism?

Since Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism in
Acts 1:5

Can't you see the relationship between all this steps with

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,[/s]
Bishopkingsley, beloved, test the scriptures by answering the following questions

1. Are you baptised,?

2. If your answer to #1 above, is:
'Yes, I am baptised, washed in the blood of Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost filled' then, I kindly, friendly and brotherly, ask you:
then, in whose mentioned name, were you baptised, in?
What is the mentioned name, that was used, during the baptism, you were subjected to?

3. Its very easy to go back to test scripture and cross check what did the Apostles preach. What did they teach? What did they practice? What did they do. Jesus, did not write any books but He chose the Apostles and He commissioned them to start His church, now, if Jesus had ever told His disciples 'baptise, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost' then why isnt any records there in the bible, of the Apostles repeating those words in toto? Why is there no bible verse of the apostles, or the disciples doing exactly just that?

4. What did Apostles do back in the first century then? Did they baptised others in the name of our Lord, Jesus. Did they during the baptism exercise, deliberately and specifically mentioned the name, Jesus. Or did they baptise saying 'in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,?'

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2021
BassReeves:
Bishopkingsley, beloved, test the scriptures by answering the following questions

1. Are you baptised,?

2. If your answer to #1 above, is:
'Yes, I am baptised, washed in the blood of Jesus Christ and Holy Ghost filled' then, I kindly, friendly and brotherly, ask you:
then, in whose mentioned name, were you baptised, in?
What is the mentioned name, that was used, during the baptism, you were subjected to?

3. Its very easy to go back to test scripture and cross check what did the Apostles preach. What did they teach? What did they practice? What did they do. Jesus, did not write any books but He chose the Apostles and He commissioned them to start His church, now, if Jesus had ever told His disciples 'baptise, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost' then why isnt any records there in the bible, of the Apostles repeating those words in toto? Why is there no bible verse of the apostles, or the disciples doing exactly just that?

4. What did Apostles do back in the first century then? Did they baptised others in the name of our Lord, Jesus. Did they during the baptism exercise, deliberately and specifically mentioned the name, Jesus. Or did they baptise saying 'in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,?'

My evidence is from the scriptures that why I said test the

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

And I test it with other scripture showing Jesus does the holy spirit Baptism

I eventually brought evidence from those who test manuscript and they all acknowledged that the longer version of Matthew is correct

It best you read all the evidences I lay out once you accept the holy Bible has no errors then I will know you are not from the kingdom of darkness

Let see what they say about the holy Bible

Humanists reject the claim that the Bible is the word of God. They are convinced the book was written solely by humans in an ignorant, superstitious, and cruel age. They believe that because the writers of the Bible lived in an unenlightened era, the book contains many errors and harmful teachings.

Only humanist which are from Satan this are Devils children say the Bible is full of errors

Once you agree the Bible is from God and perfect I will answer your questions
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by hupernikao: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

I will step by step break it down

Paul, taught in 1 Cor 12:31
31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way

Answer

Do you know this above scripture is for those who speak in tongues doing it in a disorganized way intimidating those who don't have the gift

This instruction is for those who receive speaking in tongues for them to display love in their character in church

Here Paul is telling them to desire to display love in church rather than making noise tongues which means nothing to those who hear them

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away

This place is talking about when Jesus comes that only love we continue

Speaking in tongues will stop because Jesus is already ruling no one needs power gift when Jesus comes

But until Jesus comes who is the perfect one
Speaking in tongues and all powerful gift will continue

The two bolds above are your words Bro. Paul never said that except you show me where he said so in his writing.

Paul never said anything about intimidation. It was never in view because that was not the issue. No one felt intimidated.

It seems you are using the mindset we have as millennia to judge the writing of over a century. During their time, tongues could never have been seen as intimidation but activity in the spirit, it was never seen as something special to boast of but to serve with.

2. Your usage of words for tongues as "making noise" is derogatory to a gift you called and believe is from the Holyghost. You cant freely use such language on things you hold dear even if your view is different. If you believe it is a gift of the Holyghost then it is not noise but ministry/gift to you.

Like i have pointed out before, when the whole explanation is read together, you will arrive at this conclusion, that Paul encourage the speaking of tongues, use as instrument of ministration but should be handle with the motive of love to bless others, via interpretation with all things done in orderliness.

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
hupernikao:

The two bolds above are your words Bro. Paul never said that except you show me where he said so in his writing.

Paul never said anything about intimidation. It was never in view because that was not the issue. No one felt intimidated.

It seems you are using the mindset we have as millennia to judge the writing of over a century. During their time, tongues could never have been seen as intimidation but activity in the spirit, it was never seen as something special to boast of but to serve with.

2. Your usage of words for tongues as "making noise" is derogatory to a gift you called and believe is from the Holyghost. You cant freely use such language on things you hold dear even if your view is different. If you believe it is a gift of the Holyghost then it is not noise but ministry/gift to you.

Like i have pointed out before, when the whole explanation is read together, you will arrive at this conclusion, that Paul encourage the speaking of tongues, use as instrument of ministration but should be handle with the motive of love to bless others, via interpretation with all things done in orderliness.

1 Corinthians 13
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

I value speaking in tongues I can never say it in a derogatory way I was only trying to explain some thing which you did not see as I see but for you to imply that I devalue it is insulting to me so let see what God say

What do you understand by the above scripture
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by hupernikao: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

1 Corinthians 13
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

I value speaking in tongues I can never say it derogatory I was only trying to explain some thing which you did not see as I see but for you to imply that I devalue it is insulting to me so let see what God say

What do you understand by the above scripture

Like I said, no one use loose words for things he cherish or hold in high esteem. You can't use such word as "making noise" for tongues if you hold it in high esteem. You need to correct that. It's spirit gift, no matter what, keep your feelings out at least to honor the spirit of the gift. That's my point.

Secondly.
The verse you quoted.

Tongues of men
Tongues of angels

Non of these did Paul called speaking in tongues.

Paul, was clear on speaking in tongues, he said its in the spirit. It's to God, it's praying in the spirit. He never taught it as tongues of men, or angels.

So, what was Paul saying.

Paul used a poetic metaphor in those beautiful texts.

1 Cor 13:1-3

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Observe.
Tongues of men and of angels. A combo that is not possible. An exaggeration, a metaphor.

Prophecies and ALL mysteries, ALL knowledge.

Notice the word ALL, that isn't possible. To have all mysteries and all knowledge. It's telling you how important love is.

Bestow ALL my goods, give my body to be BURNED.

Doing the above, you will think it's an action of love, but Paul explained that, love is beyond such. It's an exaggeration or metaphor to call your attention to the importance of love.

So, here Paul wasn't speaking about neglect of tongues as I have mentioned to you earlier. He is teaching the gift of the spirit that is premised on loving others. That is, the motive of all we do must be drawn from love. When you love others then all the gifts will make sense to you.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2021
hupernikao:

Like I said, no one use loose words for things he cherish or hold in high esteem. You can't use such word as "making noise" for tongues if you hold it in high esteem. You need to correct that. It's spirit gift, no matter what, keep your feelings out at least to honor the spirit of the gift. That's my point.

Secondly.
The verse you quoted.

Tongues of men
Tongues of angels

Paul, was clear on speaking in tongues, he said its in the spirit. It's to God, it's praying in the spirit. He never taught it as tongues of men, or angels.

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Observe.
Tongues of men and of angels. A combo that is not possible. An exaggeration, a metaphor.

Notice the word ALL, that isn't possible. To have all mysteries and all knowledge. It's telling you how important love is.

Doing the above, you will think it's an action of love, but Paul explained that, love is beyond such. It's an exaggeration or metaphor to call your attention to the importance of love.

So, here Paul wasn't speaking about neglect of tongues as I have mentioned to you earlier. He is teaching the gift of the spirit that is premised on loving others. That is, the motive of all we do must be drawn from love. When you love others then all the gifts will make sense to you.

I will reply you tomorrow or when am ready

One thing you should know I hold speaking in tongues so dear and I can never speak against it so I don't know where you are getting this idea from
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2021
Our spirit communicate with God in a special way when we pray in tongues
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
Nothing can be compared to speaking in tongues it heaven on earth
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2021
Speaking in tongues can save you from danger
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

What about 'love' the greatest and unending service?
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ayo081:

Yes you are correct but let see what God and Bible said about love

1 John 4:16
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

That means the definition of love is that love is God

And God is love

Then any one who has God has love automatically
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 5:50pm On Oct 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Yes you are correct but let see what God and Bible said about love

1 John 4:16
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

That means the definition of love is that love is God

And God is love

Then any one who has God has love automatically

And I suppose you should write: there's nothing that can be compared to love and not tongues.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:18pm On Oct 15, 2021
Ayo081:

And I suppose you should write: there's nothing that can be compared to love and not tongues.

We are talking about power gift

Love is not a power gift love is a requirement for all creatures and love is inbuilt so it is not among power gift, love will never end it can not stop but speaking in tongues will end when Jesus comes, miracle will end etc

So am talking about power gift which is needed now that devil is on the rampage speaking in tongues is a power gift which is not in the class of love love is on a forever dimension

Hope you understand now
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Mark 16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

They will speak in new tongues.”

“All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.”

“…the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.”

“When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.”

“Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom… to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one.”

“And God has placed in the church…different kinds of tongues… Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.”

“I would like every one of you to speak in tongues…”

“I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you.”

“Do not forbid speaking in tongues.”

Jesus Christ Himself testifies in
Mark 16:17
that those who believe in Him will speak in new tongues. Secondly, we see from these Scriptures that one frequent manifestation of being “filled with the Holy Spirit” is that people begin to speak in tongues.

Last, the Apostle Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, gives a clear command: “Do not forbid speaking in tongues.”

Be Open to the Holy Spirit

Give Him all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength. Don’t resist Him. Yield yourself completely to Him. You will never regret it! The Holy Spirit is so wonderful, beautiful, lovely, kind, gentle, sweet, and good. Why wouldn’t you want more of Him?

Ask for more of the Holy Spirit.

Your Father will not give you a snake.

He knows how to give good gifts to His children!

While speaking in "tongues", have you ever spoken Greek, Latin, Spanish, German or Russian?
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2021
elated177:

While speaking in "tongues", have you ever spoken Greek, Latin, Spanish, German or Russian?

Speaking in tongues is not a human natural language

It is only you and God communicating

It is a spiritual language because I only speak what I hear in my spirit

The spirit that is born again speaks a super natural language it is not from the earth

And it is the holy spirit who tells your spirit what to speak
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by elated177: 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Speaking in tongues is not a human natural language

It is only you and God communicating

It is a spiritual language because I only speak what I hear in my spirit

The spirit that is born again speaks a super natural language it is not from the earth

And it is the holy spirit who tells your spirit what to speak

Where is this in the Scripture?
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
elated177:

Romans 8:26 ►
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the (holy) Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

New King James Version
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the (holy) Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1 Corinthians 14:2 ►
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit.

Read all chapter 14

To see what tongues is about

In fact read first and second Corinthians to see what speaking in tongues is
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 6:14am On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

We are talking about power gift

Love is not a power gift love is a requirement for all creatures and love is inbuilt so it is not among power gift, love will never end it can not stop but speaking in tongues will end when Jesus comes, miracle will end etc

So am talking about power gift which is needed now that devil is on the rampage speaking in tongues is a power gift which is not in the class of love love is on a forever dimension

Hope you understand now

What about Prophecy (Paul said we should seek this by all means), word of knowledge or healing?
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 6:20am On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Romans 8:26 ►
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the (holy) Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

New King James Version
Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the (holy) Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

1 Corinthians 14:2 ►
For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit.

Read all chapter 14

To see what tongues is about

In fact read first and second Corinthians to see what speaking in tongues is

You mis-interpreted Romans 8:26. That verse was plain enough; 'groanings'.

Like when you're going through an ish or persecution or tribulations and you don't know what to utter. The Spirit takes your sighs and groanings to the Father for help.

Before you pray the Father already know.

7 “And in praying do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Matthew 6:7
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:25am On Oct 16, 2021
Ayo081:

What about Prophecy (Paul said we should seek this by all means), word of knowledge or healing?

He who speaks in tongues and interpret is greater than he who prophecies
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 6:27am On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

He who speaks in tongues and interpret is greater than he who prophecies

I'm sure you do interpret when you're among the brethren Sir?
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2021
Ayo081:

You mis-interpreted Romans 8:26. That verse was plain enough; 'groanings'.

Like when you're going through an ish or persecution or tribulations and you don't know what to utter. The Spirit takes your sighs and groanings to the Father for help.

Before you pray the Father already know.

You are the one who mis interpret me

I was telling someone that the holy spirit helps us to pray and put things in our spirit that we should pray for

And I combine two scriptures to prove it to that person and you jump in and you pick only one scriptures that you want and you leave the other one does it not show that you don't understand what I was saying or you are trying to hate speaking in tongues it up to you

Now the same thing I was saying to that guy is now the same thing you say here

Ayo081:

The Spirit takes your sighs and groanings to the Father for help.

Now stop trying to pick one place and abandon the other place that is not how to read Bible

Bible already says praying in tongues is speaking with God

And that romans shows how holy spirit helps us to pray in words which can not be uttered that does not mean that that is the only methods which he uses read Corinthians to see other method he uses... Like speaking in tongues
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:40am On Oct 16, 2021
Ayo081:

I'm sure you do interpret when you're among the brethren Sir?

Saying something like this is show lack of respect but it normal we are in nairaland where no one displays respect and everyone wants to boast

My job is to teach and nurture not elevate my self let God alone be the judge of what you say

I repeat he who speaks in tongues and interpret is far greater than all because he is speaking the perfect will of God to the people of God
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by GraceAndPeace: 6:54am On Oct 16, 2021
hupernikao:

Secondly.
The verse you quoted.

Tongues of men
Tongues of angels

Observe.

Come on brother, he didn't speak about tongues in a derogatory manner at all. Read it again and carefully. He said everyone speaking in tongues without interpretation is like making noise to an unbeliever who comes in to join them.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by GraceAndPeace: 6:57am On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Amen. I pray in tongues more especially when I am not ready to pray in my understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Saying something like this is show lack of respect but it normal we are in nairaland where no one displays respect and everyone wants to boast

My job is to teach and nurture not elevate my self let God alone be the judge of what you say

I repeat he who speaks in tongues is far greater than all because he is speaking the perfect will of God to the people of God

I'm sorry if it sounds that way. I didn't mean that. I only asked a question, expecting you to give an answer of yes and if possible direct me to your audios or testimonies.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 7:06am On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

You are the one who mis interpret me

I was telling someone that the holy spirit helps us to pray and put things in our spirit that we should pray for

And I combine two scriptures to prove it to that person and you jump in and you pick only one scriptures that you want and you leave the other one does it not show that you don't understand what I was saying or you are trying to hate speaking in tongues it up to you

Now the same thing I was saying to that guy is now the same thing you say here

Now stop trying to pick one place and abandon the other place that is not how to read Bible

Bible already says praying in tongues is speaking with God

And that romans shows how holy spirit helps us to pray in words which can not be uttered that does not mean that that is the only methods which he uses read Corinthians to see other method he uses... Like speaking in tongues

It is well.
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by GraceAndPeace: 7:09am On Oct 16, 2021
elated177:

Ayo081:

You all opposing speaking in tongues, deceiving yourselves thinking you are defending the truth when you are only doing the devil's job which is to first question God's word and bring division among brethren.

The OP created the thread to speak about one topic which is speaking in tongues and has provided evidence why the church should not neglect this too like the other gifts. And he has been polite and patient from the beginning.

Even if you disagree why not do it in a loving way and out of a good conscience. Why earnestly looking out for "a fault, or a loophole" so you can lash out on a brother that Christ died for?

If you think prophesy is better, you are right cos the Bible says so and the OP is not arguing against that. But tongues are still good and edify the person or the church when there is interpretation.

Why so mad
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 7:15am On Oct 16, 2021
GraceAndPeace:

You all opposing speaking in tongues, deceiving yourselves thinking you are defending the truth when you are only doing the devil's job which is to first question God's word and bring division among brethren.

The OP created the thread to speak about one topic which is speaking in tongues and has provided evidence why the church should not neglect this too like the other gifts. And he has been polite and patient from the beginning.

Even if you disagree why not do it in a loving way and out of a good conscience. Why earnestly looking out for "a fault, or a loophole" so you can lash out on a brother that Christ died for?

If you think prophesy is better, you are right cos the Bible says so and the OP is not arguing against that. But tongues are still good and edify the person or the church when there is interpretation.

Why so mad

I didn't see any problem here bro. We asked innocent and simple questions waiting for genuine answers. The Bible told the word (of God) is good for correction.

Now please go back to our questions and ask your self the same thing you asked us; why so mad?
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:19am On Oct 16, 2021
Ayo081:

I'm sorry if it sounds that way. I didn't mean that. I only asked a question, expecting you to give an answer of yes and if possible direct me to your audios or testimonies.

The word of faith we preach is near you... At the right time I will send you my tapes... But now in many penticostal churches when ever you see men of God speak in tongues the next English words out from their mouth is the interpretation of the tongues

This is what many children of God always fail to understand... Any time I speak in a gathering I always explain what I speak I won't even tell the people hearing this is the interpretation that childish so that is how the thing works
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2021
GraceAndPeace:

Why so mad

Actually Paul said speaking in tongues and interpreting it is better than he who is prophesying.

Hope you know that
Re: ⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues by Ayo081(m): 7:31am On Oct 16, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

The word of faith we preach is near you... At the right time I will send you my tapes... But now in many penticostal churches when ever you see men of God speak in tongues the next English words out from their mouth is the interpretation of the tongues

This is what many children of God always fail to understand... Any time I speak in a gathering I always explain what I speak I won't even tell the people hearing this is the interpretation that childish so that is how the thing works

Alright, noted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Accepts Free Money From A Gambling Company / Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! / What Happened To The Spirit of Man At Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.