Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,011 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job (18302 Views)

Housewife Pregnant For Stepson In Nasarawa, Caught In Bed Having Sex / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Then, who is going to be the employer of this lucrative Job...I mean the person that is going to pay her monthly...
It means a portion of the income that comes in to the household belongs to her pocket. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Lamasta(m): 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
Justice Matheka opined that housewives offer full-time services at home and should not regard themselves as jobless.

Issorite I concour cool

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by philiancoop(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2021
And well
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
BKayy:
In other words, the Japanese people see far ahead of time
The Japanese already do this? undecided
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
hammer567:
SHE IS MAD...
PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT.
Taking care of a household is a personal responsibility, how so? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On Sep 24, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Her argument is true but it shouldn't be considered monetary cos we all have a role to play on our homes.
The housewife/househusband takes on the bulk of the work in the home hence the reason she/he is called the housewife/househusband. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by jacoik(m): 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
nextBIGthing:
This law must not enter Nigeria ooo

Our future is femail people mustn’t see this
I swear like mad ooooo lolxxxxx hahahaha
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by znuga: 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
Abuse from both sexes is imminent!

Ayotemide:
An amazing milestone for the Kenyan People.
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by jacoik(m): 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
Offpoint1:
Aswear Kenyan and Nigeria is God's favourite channels grin
lolxxxxx hahahaha. What do you mean by God's channel biko
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by YemiHadid(m): 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
I agree with her thinking, but i know if this becomes mainstream, it will certainly get abused. What if in the course of the marriage, she wasnt even fulfilling her duties as housewife? What if her partner suffered emotional abuse, nagging etc and had to hire a maid to fulill the so-called housewife role?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Alldew: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2021
This judgement make sense die. Aswear.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by beinstein(m): 3:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
Babymama will be all time high in Kenya after this judgement.
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by efficiencie(m): 3:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
fergie0o1:

SOURCE

Women will be the ones to ultimately suffer for this...men will further deepen their resolve never to marry. As for sex, there are countless girls available for sex outside of marriage and there are married ones willing to taste forbidden fruits. As for house chores you can recruit a house help to do the job and pay him or her a modest fee. And boom some women have been replaced as far as some men are concerned. Who wants to labor for years and lose it on a divorce? Na woman go suffer this law las las.

5 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by angelfallz(m): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2021
Her premise is good. But she's trying to twist it in such a way that being a housewife should be a paid job. That's wrong.

It instead should have been that being a housewife is a recognisable contribution to the family.
It is an invaluable job that contributes immeasurably to the well-being and sustenance of the family.

Being a housewife is not a payable job, but it is an invaluable job that deserves respect and recognition.

Contribution to the family can not and should not only be seen in monetary terms.
Often housewives just want appreciation for their efforts, sadly some men even a few women demean them and call them lazy.

Men who go about arguing stupidly that a housewife contributes nothing and that housewives are lazy, are part of the problem.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by RightToReject(m): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2021
Good judgment. Besides, 99.9% of the time, the housewives I know are trained professionals in different disciplines, formally or informally, and usually have side hustles or less time demanding jobs, so their assumed crime is that they place family nurturing above time demanding conventional careers and occupations. There's neither nothing bad in being a housewife nor a career wife; where the former is the case, she deserves the same amount of regard the latter commands other things being equal.

A housewife shouldn't be mistaken/equated to a lazy or unresourceful wife.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2021
YemiHadid:
I agree with her thinking, but i know if this becomes mainstream, it will certainly get abused. What if in the course of the marriage, she wasnt even fulfilling her duties as housewife? What if her partner suffered emotional abuse, nagging etc and had to hire a maid to fulill the so-called housewife role?
The one fulfilling the role, either full-time or part-time, gets remuneration for work done... it is that simple. undecided

Emotional abuse, nagging and all all baggage don't matter to this particular issue. undecided

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by PrinceOfLagos: 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2021
Bullshit
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Lokojatoofar: 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2021
I hope they also pay supportive husbands for the part of chores they do? Also pay salary to men with sick spouses who hold the home while taking care of their wives etc etc

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
efficiencie:

Women will be the ones to ultimately suffer for this...men will further deepen their resolve never to marry. As for sex, there are countless girls available for sex outside of marriage and there are married ones willing to taste forbidden fruits. As for house chores you can recruit a house help to do the job and pay him or her a modest fee. And boom some women have been replaced as far as some men are concerned. Who wants to labor for years and lose it on a divorce? Na woman go suffer this law las las.
You think say househelps be mumu? undecided

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by salem1996: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
If I must pay her for working, then she must pay house rent for staying under my roof, period cool

4 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Burgerlomo: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
Osogbo weed at work grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Sunnyja: 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2021
fergie0o1:

SOURCE
End time judge!

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by BabaIbo: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2021
No problem at all.

Hope the employee can keep up with the employer's terms and conditions?

Simply because there are terms and conditions attached to jobs in professional/working environment.

Imagine being paid because you are someone's wife and because you're playing your role.

Carry okpeke enter your house anytime you feel like, always introduce her as your worker/employee.
Lest I forget, the husband already has a ground to argue on whenever he cheats.

JK but that decision/assertion doesn't make sense, does it?

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
salem1996:
If I must pay her for working, then she must pay house rent for staying under my roof, period cool
Is it too late to renegotiate your marriage contract then? undecided

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
BabaIbo:
No problem at all.

Simply because there are terms and conditions attached to jobs in professional/working environment.
The terms and conditions are as stipulated in your marriage contract. undecided

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Aboks(m): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
OK
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Anambra2ndson: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The one fulfilling the role, either full-time or part-time, gets remuneration for work done... it is that simple. undecided

Emotional abuse, nagging and all all baggage don't matter to this particular issue. undecided
Unfortunately you all are still our slaves in Nigeria for now grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by AcademicWriter: 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2021
This statute must not join Nigeria tonner Our prospects is femail folks mustn’t know this. Em, check my profile if you need help with your dissertation, thesis or assignment.
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2021
Anambra2ndson:

Unfortunately you all are still our slaves in Nigeria for now grin grin grin
Huh?, undecided
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Anambra2ndson: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
BabaIbo:
No problem at all.

Imagine being paid because you are someone's wife and because you're playing your role.
Carry okpeke enter house anytime you feel like, always introduce her as your worker/employee.
Lest I forget, the husband already has a ground to argue on whenever he cheats.

JK but that decision/assertion doesn't make sense, does it?
They don't look at these loopholes you just mentioned because they're always emotional when making this decision, lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Who Knows How To Do A Change Of Name After Marriage / Adeniji Taiwo Abigeal: Missing Girl (Photo) / Simple Ways To Show Courtesy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.