Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:37 AM

Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job (18147 Views)

Housewife Pregnant For Stepson In Nasarawa, Caught In Bed Having Sex / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by BabaIbo: 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The terms and conditions are as stipulated in your marriage contract. undecided

Is there anywhere it's stipulated that the man MUST pay her on the marriage contract?

I am just saying if that is the case i.e if the payment is made compulsory, then it should be regarded as employer to employee relationship where the employer decides chiefly on the terms and conditions.

BTW, men has been doing that from time immemorial out of free will or love and care.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by efficiencie(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You think say househelps be mumu? undecided

Na how much househelp wan collect? Househelp wey dey live rent free for ya house, eat your food and yet receive pay? You wan pay am wetin you go pay graduate ni? How househelp wan collect pass 10k per month?...and if we are not careful oga go still lash the poor girl regularly. Today it is increasingly becoming foolish to pay bride price and trap yourself in a marriage all because of sex and house chores...

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by bola4dprec(m): 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2021
nextBIGthing:
This law must not enter Nigeria ooo

Our future is femail people mustn’t see this

Any man made law contradicting provision of only book is not recognize
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by ProphetofOdin: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2021
If i am paying my wife does that mean i can hire and and fire her at any time?
See she is an employee under me earning salary? There is no sense in this judgement.
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Ayemileto(m): 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2021
hammer567:
TOO MANY IRRATIONAL DECISION MAKERS TURNING THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN.

99% OF THEM GO ON EMOTION RATHER THAN FACE THE FACT.

Did you read the article? shocked shocked shocked

If yes, kindly disprove the facts the pointed out. shocked
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2021
BabaIbo:

Is there anywhere it's stipulated that the man MUST pay her on the marriage contract?

I am just saying if that is the case i.e if the payment is made compulsory, then it should be regarded as employer to employee relationship where the employer decides chiefly on the terms and conditions.

BTW, men has been doing that from time immemorial out of free will or love and care.
Don't here confuse two separate things. The judge is here speaking of Law to govern marriage contracts. Meaning regardless of what is written in your particular marriage contract, the contract is to abide by the law. undecided

You probably should go read the OP again to better understand what is being said. undecided

She further argued that it was unfair to use visible income and the mindset that one has to dig deep into their pockets during the marriage to evaluate their financial value.

It is easy for the spouse working away from home and sending money to lay claim to the whole property purchased and developed with that money by the spouse staying at home and taking of the children and the family. That spouse will be heard saying that the other one was not employed so they did not contribute anything.

Raising children is a full-time job that families pay a person to do as well as cooking and cleaning. Hence, for a woman in employment who has to balance childbearing and rearing this contribution must be considered,” she said.
Also, note that this is applied in the case of marital property disputes. undecided

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Hassanmaye(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
nextBIGthing:
This law must not enter Nigeria ooo

Our future is femail people mustn’t see this
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Hassanmaye(m): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
Nackdemall:
cheesy grin
Hahahhahahaha Bad boy so na the type of man you want to be Abi
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by BabaIbo: 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
Anambra2ndson:

They don't look at these loopholes you just mentioned because they're always emotional when making this decision, lol

Don't mind them.

There are men that do this willingly but making it compulsory won't help the female folks.

Imagine a businessman thinking about how to clear his containers at the port and all that. Boom, his phone rings and it is from his wife, asking him for her salary.
If na man wey come get more than one wife, hmmm!
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by balingaonline(m): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
I support her judgment, if I'm a woman, I will rather go out and work and share my salary equally with househelp than doing housework, house work is a very big task, that is why I dey praising my wife behind her back.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2021
BabaIbo:
Don't mind them.

There are men that do this willingly but making it compulsory won't help the female folks.

Imagine a businessman thinking about how to clear his containers at the port and all that. Boom, his phone rings and it is from his wife, asking him for her salary.
Go and read the Op before you continue this hogwash thinking. This is in the care of divorce or marital property disputes, not that you will literally be paying your wife salary for being your wife. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Anambra2ndson: 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2021
BabaIbo:

Don't mind them.

grin grin grin I don't think we will have families with this. Even those married will likely divorce and those unmarried won't get married. Men are already disadvantaged in marriage, let alone of adding this. Then of what purpose is it for a man to marry?
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
efficiencie:
Na how much househelp wan collect? Househelp wey dey live rent free for ya house, eat your food and yet receive pay? You wan pay am wetin you go pay graduate ni? How househelp wan collect pass 10k per month?...and if we are not careful oga go still lash the poor girl regularly. Today it is increasingly becoming foolish to pay bride price and trap yourself in a marriage all because of sex and house chores...
Well, have you ever actually had a househelp situation such as the one you described.... cause it seems you really believe househelps are mumus. undecided
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by imagrg(m): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
The best ruling I've ever heard from an African Judge.

I wish my wife were still alive, the implementation would have started from my home!

Africans have made the woman a beast of burden! With this idea, the dignity of our better-half shall be sustained!

Get 10m FREE Love coins in the Airdrop Giveaway and be rich by January. It's FREE! See my sigy below and take action before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Belafonte(m): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
Women and emotion-based conclusions sha.

By this logic, we should also be paying children for doing laundry, dishes and other household chores na grin. Even better, we can outlaw children doing chores because that's child labour.

This woman should be disjudged with immediate alacrity. She's not fit for purpose

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by SoniaJames(f): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2021
Common sense to common to you madam. May you live long!
fergie0o1:

SOURCE
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by BabaIbo: 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Don't here confuse two separate things. The judge is here speaking of Law to govern marriage contracts. Meaning regardless of what is written in your particular marriage contract, the contract is to abide by the law. undecided

You probably should go read the OP again to better understand what is being said. undecided

Also, note that this is applied in the case of marital property disputes. undecided

What are you saying, if there is a change in a law governing marriage contract, there will likely be changes in the marriage contract.
They work hand in hand.
The employer will likely adjust his employment terms and conditions to favour him or balance the effect of the governing law.

There are labour law, etc but does that mean they can fully control how employers handle their employees? No.

For example, sometimes ago bank retrenched a lot of workers, and the aggrieved workers tried using the labour law and co against them, what was the outcome? Shebi you know how far.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2021
Belafonte:
Women and emotion-based conclusions sha.

By this logic, we should also be paying children for doing laundry, dishes and other household chores na grin. Even better, we can outlaw children doing chores because that's child labour.

This woman should be disjudged with immediate alacrity. She's not fit for purpose
You assert that she indeed offered a logical argument but then conclude it is emotion-based in conclusion, how? undecided

Now about paying children, the marital property dispute is between the parties in the marriage contract - the man and wife- and not the children that were of the marriage, right? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
BabaIbo:
1. What are you saying, if there is a change in a law governing marriage contract, there will likely be changes in the marriage contract.

2. There are labour law, etc but does that mean they can fully control how employers handle their employees? No.

For example, sometimes ago bank retrenched a lot of workers, and the aggrieved workers tried using the labour law and co against them, what was the outcome? Shebi you know how far.
1. Wrong!

2. Labour laws govern the relationship between employers and employees. They also impact how employers handle their employees, Yes. undecided

But back to this, this ruling is the case of marital property dispute .I.e. divorce, and not meant to curse the dynamics in the marriage itself. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
Then FULL HOUSE HUSBAND is termed Lazy and foolish, He becomes a Topic to be discussed by motivational speakers....
Until we go back to
"WHO is marrying WHO"? these New Generation Ladies will not understand.
The LADIES forget the fact that they are the only visitors in their Husband's Life and not her husband's relatives who the man will eventually fall back to.
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Belafonte(m): 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
chidonweb:
I totally agree. It's not easy to be a house wife
Are you married?
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Angelfrost(m): 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
Well, not bad...

That means a jobless or unemployed man can apply for full time job of being a house-husband or house-nigga to a working woman!!!

So, it goes both ways!!!
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by BabaIbo: 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Go and read the Op before you continue this hogwash thinking. This is in the care of divorce or marital property disputes, not that you will literally be paying your wife salary for being your wife. undecided

Are you normal?
Is that how you correct others?

I read it but not the whole article, I thought it was an existing marriage, never knew it was a case of divorce or marital property disputes.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by ayandee: 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2021
chidonweb:

I totally agree. It's not easy to be a house wife
it's one of the most underrated jobs
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
Then FULL HOUSE HUSBAND is termed Lazy and foolish, He becomes a Topic to be discussed by motivational speakers....
Until we go back to
"WHO is marrying WHO"? these New Generation Ladies will not understand.
The LADIES forget the fact that they are the only visitors in their Husband's Life and not her husband's relatives who the man will eventually fall back to.
What is wrong with a full househusband? undecided

So long as a man and woman agree, in their marriage, to the pattern that works for them, it is marriage and legit. People make a mistake when they go around thinking all marriages have to conform to some certain pattern or standard. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by BabaIbo: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
Anambra2ndson:

grin grin grin I don't think we will have families with this. Even those married will likely divorce and those unmarried won't get married. Men are already disadvantaged in marriage, let alone of adding this. Then of what purpose is it for a man to marry?

cheesy grin

There will be families because of babymamas, surrogacy, contract marriage etc.

Na dem go hear am pass.

Anyway, that compulsory marriage payment scenario doesn't exist, it's a divorce and marital property disputes case.
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Sterope(f): 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2021
Love love her

I am loving this new development. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by ume1000: 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Then, who is going to be the employer of this lucrative Job...I mean the person that is going to pay her monthly...
after payment she would bring her share for upkeep
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by Okortor: 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2021
Seconded.
Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by ume1000: 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
KBdownloads:
so feeding her and allowing her to live in your house rent free is not payment enough abi?

Pay her like #30000

She go drop money for food #20000

Pay for house rent #15000

Pay for children school fees #30000

Miscellaneous #15000

Her Total expenses would be #80000- the #30000(you paid her )

#50000 profit for the man

See nice investment

Sense no go kill me grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Judge Declares Being Housewife A Full-time Payable Job by ume1000: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You assert that she indeed offered a logical argument but then conclude it is emotion-based in conclusion, how? undecided

Now about paying children, the marital property dispute is between the parties in the marriage contract - the man and wife- and not the children that were of the marriage, right? undecided
Pay her like #30000

She go drop money for food #20000

Pay for house rent #15000

Pay for children school fees #30000

Miscellaneous #15000

Her Total expenses would be #80000- the #30000(you paid her )

#50000 profit for the man

See nice investment

Sense no go kill me grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? / Please Who Knows How To Do A Change Of Name After Marriage / Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Triplets (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.