Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? (45405 Views)

Married Men, This Is Why Your Wives Are Denying You Sex / How Do Husbands In Nigeria Cope When Their Wives Are Abroad? / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Valuc: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2021
Some women grew up in a home where der father does practically everything,. Some have that mentality of taking care of the house financially is a man calling and not theirs.. if u have dis type of wife u will suffer.. just tell God even if any thing will happen to you let it not be lack.. am in that soup as I write

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by princewarri1985: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2021
Rubbiish:

Getting married is really going to be difficult for u o. U are already used to the single life. How do u deal with pressure from family & friends?
Am not in any form of pressure from friends and family because in life you ONLY DO YOU AND WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, so their opinion does not matter
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by spice123(m): 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
sayle1952:
@Spice123 do you do this after saving a little of your salary? Believe me women can be funny. I am married, we have tried this at some point because the madam kept asking what I am doing with my salary. Forgetting that after I have sent her money for upkeep there are miscellaneous I have to cater for before a new month comes. Meanwhile, the man's money is the family's while the womans money is hers.
I can't remember the last time my wife questioned what I use my salary for. This was why I introduced this system. My fellow married man, ensure your wife has a business or has a 9-5 job for this to work. If she's a house wife, believe me it won't work. You also need a side hustle to Carter for yourself no matter how small. The business may not be regular but at least when it comes, it takes care of your basic need like clothing.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Bennethchiso(m): 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

I thought in marriage two shall become one and both of them become inter dependent on each other.

A man who is for the time being not well to do should swallow whatever pride he has and get something doing even if it is at the home front,some men have no idea how helping their wives with chores at home makes them happy and joyful instead of being idle and having unnecessary pride it will be good for the husband to help out at home and spend more bonding time with the kids.

How a man can be jobless and still expect his working wife to still be attending to all the chores at home is beyond me.Help out and relieve your wife of stress if your wife runs a business you can also help her and won't even remember that you are jobless
There are some women if you like do all the house chores as long as you are not earning, all you are doing is babash. For them it is better you go and join a bad gang and be bringing blood money than to be at home doing chores.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Dizzyyish: 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
Valuc:
Some women grew up in a home where der father does practically everything,. Some have that mentality of taking care of the house financially is a man calling and not theirs.. if u have dis type of wife u will suffer.. just tell God even if any thing will happen to you let it not be lack.. am in that soup as I write

2 Likes

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by adamskutty(m): 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
Romanoff:

You are right sha. The woman I cited above who just bought a house and car, her hubby takes care of the kids and runs the home while she's at work. She doesn't come back from work to start rushing to the kitchen to cook.

Hubby would have done that.

Weekends, she cooks soups, hubby does laundry.
God forbid bad thing. I will rather pack out of the house.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Bennethchiso(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
Romanoff:

The moment I realized that many of them have their manhood tied to their pockets, it made me see the need to hustle very well.

Na money some dey take buy submission. Without it, they don't think a woman can submit to them.

Really sad.
But it is true. Hoe many women submit to a broke man? They will tell you to make money so that you can use that money and buy them love in form of gift and transfer.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

My brother, I was out of job for like 6 months and wife took care of all the bills excluding rent and school fees and nobody noticed or knew I was out of job. No negative attitude showed up and I will tell you why. A close friend gave me this advice and I will share same with you. When you get your salary or business profit, remove your t-fare/car fuel and give the rest to your wife to manage the home. I was very hard for me to do but t I summoned courage and since 3+ years I started it, I have complete peace. Infact, my wife was praising me on how I was able to pay all bills and manage funds. By the time your wife will mismange the home funds (feeding, rent, kids sch fees e.t.c) she will wake up and realize that paying for gas in the home is the least issue. You will have utmost respect bro. I have been married for 7 years now.
I love this advise. I'll apply same when I get married
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Bennethchiso(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

Having worked in different areas mostly with an NGO that is into human rights, child abuse and DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, I can confidently tell u that my figure is accurate and nothing else.
I have come to realise that sometimes what women displays as domestic violence is not in actual sense. We have handled cases in which the man lost his job or business the next thing the wife would start nagging and the rest.
My dear let's forget matter bcs story plenty for my head about women and their wahala.
Brown my brother pls help me. Since you work in an NGO. i really need a job. I am a graduate and MSc holder. Lost my job six months ago and it has not been easy for me Help me before my woman use nag nag kill me.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by 77star: 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by vickydevoka(m): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2021
My neighbor use to please her wife ( the bread winner) 24/7. He cooks wen he comes bk from work, bcu his work pays him less than 60k, while the lady make over 500k a month. So she's de one paying house rent n school fees. They man is de only person than can stay with de Lady in dis whole wild world. The woman's Vituperativeness makes people to run away from her. Even wen de woman is wrong, the husband will support her. Lol

I won't blame him. They lady choose an expensive apartment where she pays over a million, n school fees where she pays over 300k per head of 2 kids

3 Likes

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by oneunited(m): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
DontBullshitMe:

Another impractical advice.

So someone who finds it hard to contribute for the seldom refill of cooking gas and is always quick at referencing her contribution when any issue related to it comes up should be further persuaded into making more notable financial contributtion to the running of the home? Huh?

It is at this point that the OP will experience hell. Any point of disagreement will be met with the constant reminder that he isn't the sole provider for the home and that she (the wife) has been contributing even far more than he has when in reality that is not the case.

Women are just not meant to be providers. QED.

You are counting people opinions without providing any,I see nothing wrong with that advice except you are offer a better one. In fact it is a very good idea, even in business that is the main reason for segment reporting,so every entity knows what they are bringing to the table,no argument. Like that person suggested, 800k over 200k is easy to reconcile.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Albertone(m): 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
chatinent:

For this bravery, I owe you a bottle of my friend udeme.

Udeme is a great man grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by vickydevoka(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
toren:

When you people come online to complain about your wives I always wonder what made you marry the said wife in the first place. Beauty only? That must be it, if not, the signs are always there for you to make a decision to stay or opt.

That said, which kind wife una dey marry sef? No content, nothing. Because a smart, intelligent woman already knows that she has the responsibility of supporting her husband in all matters and areas of both their lives.
Women's character changes aunty.

They way my GF is doing now, she can't do half wen she's married. Me i don't have a problem bcuz i do all de house chores n i cook. Buh de question is women are usually wicked n inconsiderate to dere husband n he goes down ( not all o. Buh most).

N wen a lady does good thing for u n u crack her heart she will tell de world what she did for u. Buh in the man's case, most will keep quite ( some will speak up
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by vickydevoka(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
bepositive11:

I honestly don't have respect for men who depend on their wives for money, but if his wife is earning more, I don't see that as a problem as long as he's not financially dependent on her and he's helping his woman with house chores if they don't have a house help

Men need to understand that their value goes beyond how much they earn. A man who is supportive, reliable, responsible, present, knowledgeable, wise, good at giving advice, good at making judgements, good at being a father, and the list goes on. All these things will make a woman cherish and respect you regardless of whether you earn more or less than her, but a man's huge ego can prevent him from being all these things
So wen u loose ur job u should commit suicide. While de woman live with her money. Abeg anybody can be jobless for sometimes

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by kushme: 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
Dizzyyish:

"Any qualities in a man that a woman finds useful, she calls masculine, all
others, of no use to her or to anyone else for that matter, she chooses to call
effeminate."

"By the age of twelve at the latest, most women have decided to become
prostitutes. Or, to put it another way, they have planned a future for
themselves which consists of choosing a man and letting him do all the
work. In return for his support, they are prepared to let him make use of
their vagina at certain given moments. The minute a woman has made this
decision she ceases to develop her mind."

"Woman's greatest ideal is a life without work or responsibility — yet
who needs such a life but a child? A child with appealing eyes, a funny
little body with dimples and sweet layers of baby fat and clear, taut skin —
that darling miniature of an adult. It is a child that woman imitates — its
easy laugh, its helplessness, its need for protection. A child must be cared
for; it cannot look after itself. And what species does not, by natural
instinct, look after its offspring? It must — or the species will die out.
With the aid of skillfully applied cosmetics, designed to preserve that
precious baby look; with the aid of helpless, appealing babble and
exclamations such as "Oooh" and "Ah," to denote astonishment, surprise,
and admiration; with inane little bursts of conversation, women have
preserved this "baby look" for as long as possible so as to make the world
continue to believe in the darling, sweet little girl she once was, and she relies on the protective instinct in man to make him take care of her."

- Esther Vilar (The Manipulated Man, 1971)

I hope more men would see this and understand the inborn machinations of how women view men.

Men are tools to be used and discarded. And many men prefer to be slaves to women due to genital.

Just see as men here are proud of entrusting their whole resources to a woman all in the name of a wife, only to feel "guilty" when these females complain of not meeting up.

GUILT is one of their tools, they use it on men from young age at the outset of dating.

They make men feel guilty for wanting sex, a basic primal urge oh...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by vickydevoka(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
bepositive11:

I honestly don't have respect for men who depend on their wives for money, but if his wife is earning more, I don't see that as a problem as long as he's not financially dependent on her and he's helping his woman with house chores if they don't have a house help

Men need to understand that their value goes beyond how much they earn. A man who is supportive, reliable, responsible, present, knowledgeable, wise, good at giving advice, good at making judgements, good at being a father, and the list goes on. All these things will make a woman cherish and respect you regardless of whether you earn more or less than her, but a man's huge ego can prevent him from being all these things
So wen u loose ur job u should commit suicide. While de woman live with her money. Abeg anybody can be jobless for sometime
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by chatinent: 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
Albertone:

Udeme is a great man grin

Baba, you don old.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

I replied one of the mentions so you will see the response to that. Thank you.

ok thanks, I will continue reading from where I stopped. I need the information
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Bennethchiso(m): 1:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
fortune1968:
Most Nigerian women 99.9% of them are just like that . Very selfish and insensitive . They think all they have to offer a man is sex .And as at that ,they consider it a favour .Most of the analysis some people have been doing here doesn't relate to Nigerian women .And it is because some of them are having money to maintain the home .If they should experience any downturn ,it is then they will know the meaning of a woman in Nigerian context .
. My brother what you just wrote is true. Many men with bouyant account think their wife is nice. They should just pray not to experience economic downturn like me. Then they will understand that women are really worst than wicked. They see men as object of financial gratification and as long as that money is not there, that man is useless. Pls bro, if you or any other man here have a sort of job link or business pls assist me. Since I lost my job, my home had been hell. GUYS I NEED HELP PLEASE! BBC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Bennethchiso(m): 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
vickydevoka:

So wen u loose ur job u should commit suicide. While de woman live with her money. Abeg anybody can be jobless for sometimes
Ask her oo! So if the man losses his job, he should go and hang himself?
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by abimic(m): 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
Frankly, understanding is the key. Some men don't pray their wives earn than them, because they know the kind of wives they have. For me, no big deal in it depending on the relationship with your woman, but no man should be in this shoe. There is so much respect to the man if he foots the bills in the house with ease, the wife can just be a support.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

I am into IT and I have side hustles. My salary belong to my family while my side hustles take care of the rest. Lest I forget, I have a pension scheme. It's not everything I will expose on-line.

One can't rely on the pension scheme, it is better to have a personal pension plan whose value will be up to 200% of the fund in your Retirement Savings Account
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
Mac2016:

7years is just a fresh start jare. That his method is catastrophic. The safety net for the home is gone. So when there is a need to salvage financial situation he would be unprepared and be putting forward meagre tfare or what. What if the kid gets injured and the wife had used all money for upkeep. The father would be saying ehn ehn..
I just pray he doesn't enter emergency zone else he will be in soup. He doesn't even have any reserve just in case as safety or buffer for the family. He's just saying nonsense.

A bi ooo
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Dizzyyish: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
Bennethchiso:
. My brother what you just wrote is true. Many men with bouyant account think their wife is nice. They should just pray not to experience economic downturn like me. Then they will understand that women are really worst than wicked. They see men as object of financial gratification and as long as that money is not there, that man is useless. Pls bro, if you or any other man here have a sort of job link or business pls assist me. Since I lost my job, my home had been hell. GUYS I NEED HELP PLEASE! BBC
You could check out Jobberman(.)com for jobs in your area, just polish your cv/resume real nice and submit to the jobs you're interested in.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:07pm On Sep 26, 2021
Asour:

Tfare & fuel alone?

So you have no personal savings other than Tfare & fuel expenses from your salary?

I would really be surprised if your wife believes this.

Ha!

I pity the guy
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
FreeConCiencE:

Chai! See what men are becoming! So, to have peace now, I must handover my salary to my wife to manage, after removing transport fare. This is a tragedy.

Simps have taken over
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2021
chatinent:

That means you know God. Lol.

Those words are too harsh on someone you claim to love.. Couples can live in peace irrespective of who the breadwinner is.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by FreeConCiencE: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

You're getting me wrong bro. If you read deep meaning in what I wrote, you'll understand better. I am not saying I don't have peace in my home. No! I want my wife to be empowered, manage the home properly now that I am alive and it's working out very fine. This is the reason when most men die, their wives will be left stranded, for in-laws to deal with them. Worse case they start sleeping with men outside to feed them and kids. If I tell you that since I started this, my wife has added 4 things in her business to expand it. Business ideas are coming in. She uses part of money given to her to run and expand her business and the profit she uses for feeding and kids fees. Many will not understand this and I won't blame them. Build your home the way you want it to be.

Keep quiet Oga ade, you are a simp and you are disgusting. For you to empower your wife now, you must handover your salary to her after removing TF. Don't you have brain at all to manage your finances.? Can't you empower her without handing over your salary to her? Do you have plans of stopping handing over your salary to her? Do you know how she will react if you eventually stop handing over your salary to her? Honestly, I can shoot your empty skull if I know you.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by musiliyukayode(m): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2021
As a man of the House, If you see yourself as the head of the family, You must equally see your wife as the neck of the family because without the neck, head will not stay on the body. It is advisable for a man to marry his friend as a wife. With this both will be the managing Director in the house while God will be their chairman. There is nothing wrong in a woman been a breadwinner of the family when respect is reciprocal. There is no absolute total submission of a woman to a man in a relationship as long as what a man can provide for a woman in a relationship, a woman can definitely/ comfortably done so.The resources the parents of a man snubbed to raise a man is the same done on a woman. In marriage who knows whom God will bless first. The most valuable prize a man can pay on a woman is Respect.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

You're getting me wrong bro. If you read deep meaning in what I wrote, you'll understand better. I am not saying I don't have peace in my home. No! I want my wife to be empowered, manage the home properly now that I am alive and it's working out very fine. This is the reason when most men die, their wives will be left stranded, for in-laws to deal with them. Worse case they start sleeping with men outside to feed them and kids. If I tell you that since I started this, my wife has added 4 things in her business to expand it. Business ideas are coming in. She uses part of money given to her to run and expand her business and the profit she uses for feeding and kids fees. Many will not understand this and I won't blame them. Build your home the way you want it to be.

Okay, are the businesses Incorporated? What is the shareholding structure of the businesses established by your wife? Who are the signatories to the business accounts?
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by musiliyukayode(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
Dizzyyish:

You could check out Jobberman(.)com for jobs in your area, just polish your cv/resume real nice and submit to the jobs you're interested in.
With the kind of mindset you have about women, you will end up working under one and you will understand life better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Why Men Should Only Do Traditional Marriage / Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / WHY Do Potential Couples Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.