Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,376 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? (45409 Views)

Married Men, This Is Why Your Wives Are Denying You Sex / How Do Husbands In Nigeria Cope When Their Wives Are Abroad? / Nigeria, Where Kids That Should Be In Schools Are Breadwinners Of Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 26, 2021
reel14:
Hello Nairalanders. I got married late last year.
Even though I got married late, I made sure I was gainfully employed before taking the giant stride.

When you people come online to complain about your wives I always wonder what made you marry the said wife in the first place. Beauty only? That must be it, if not, the signs are always there for you to make a decision to stay or opt.

That said, which kind wife una dey marry sef? No content, nothing. Because a smart, intelligent woman already knows that she has the responsibility of supporting her husband in all matters and areas of both their lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by descarado: 7:38am On Sep 26, 2021
Anything to dehumanise women.
You pay every bill in your house and your wife only buy gas yet she complains.

I hear you.

Maybe it will reach page 21.
Nairaland pay for such stories.

I'm sure most of us don't know.

Sometimes when you go through their post history, they were students last yr, this year, married for 5 yrs with robust Bank accout grin

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 26, 2021
It's better to be single, living a life of shame, nah, not worth it.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by wany(f): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2021
Ofadaman:
My son, it has never been easy, I've lost all respect and control. Even my kids don't even respect or greet me, she speaks to me rudely , she challenges my every decisions , she nags endlessly comparing me to other men and telling me I'm less of a man.
She returns home late and doesn't do any house chores anymore. Nothing pleases her , even today I sat to watch a football game and she came in to change the station to those Bollywood series and told me if I'm the one who subscribed for it.

I've lost my manhood... "

Dnt let this be your story, hussle to make Money

But how can a broke family man have time to watch football na waa undecided
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

My brother, I was out of job for like 6 months and wife took care of all the bills excluding rent and school fees and nobody noticed or knew I was out of job. No negative attitude showed up and I will tell you why. A close friend gave me this advice and I will share same with you. When you get your salary or business profit, remove your t-fare/car fuel and give the rest to your wife to manage the home. I was very hard for me to do but t I summoned courage and since 3+ years I started it, I have complete peace. Infact, my wife was praising me on how I was able to pay all bills and manage funds. By the time your wife will mismange the home funds (feeding, rent, kids sch fees e.t.c) she will wake up and realize that paying for gas in the home is the least issue. You will have utmost respect bro. I have been married for 7 years now.

Only if the wife is prudent will it work.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by tunnex190: 7:47am On Sep 26, 2021
@OP, it is your wife, your cross.

Been out of work for a while and my wife has been taking care of what she can for the family and we still have our peace.

Like someone has said; take what you can to sustain your everyday activities from your salary/business benefit and give the rest/enough of the money to your wife to manage the house. I guess this really works for a woman/wife who's prudent and not spendthrift. I had done that until the source (meant only for the family upkeep) is closed.

If your wife can do that on the gas only, just pray you are not out of the job or else, ya'wah go gas.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by NnamdiN: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2021
My late uncle would say;
Even if a woman is feeding you never give her the chance to feel she's in control.(baba dey comport him wife steady)
Our fathers were strong men.

You can't and will never warn me about gas in my own house.
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by UncleKoboko: 7:53am On Sep 26, 2021
[s]
chatinent:

This scenario reminds me of Jude and Eniola Badmus that was always cartoonized on The Sun Newspaper.

That means if she were the one providing the meals, ọ ga -esiri gị ike ga ahu banana nke a rapuru fo.

Mehn..

Nothing dey vex me pass references to every little efforts you make forgetting my daily stabs to make you happy.

Most women cannot be men even for a day.

Only one evening my cousin sister took me out, I never even remove my shoe naim I read her status: “I like the woman I am becoming. Always learn to man your womanhood.”

The only thing most women tend to appreciate is credit alerts..or send your account number. They will become so emotional..they can even cry.

Let the case be the reverse.

Make she just take care of you for two days.

You go hear weeen. She go even remind you how she carry you for stomach for nine months.

“Richie, what is this na, can't I have peace after coming back from work again? How can you eat and cannot wash your plates again! What's this na!”

“Baby, why are you shouting? The neighbours are at...”

“Don't baby me. What have I not done to make you happy? Will I kill myself? Am I the only married woman in the world..what is this na.”

(You try to hold her hands to calm her down...she slaps you damn hard).

“(She is crying now..tears flowly freely). Just see what you made me do. Just see it. Everything is just wrong with this world.”

You mah wey dem slap go still go meet am for parlour where she dey cry dey pet am (and that is after checking your cheeks if blood dey comot). You go come humbly tell am say no bi you eat, say na the one she eat for morning..but anyways, you forgot to wash it.

Another matter don dey brew.

She will now come to the parlour and sit, ask you for the remote and change the football to Telemundo and mutter these words you'll never hear: “work e won't work, such a failure. It's only remote e can pass.”

You will try to look at her with your side eyes but meet her full eyes staring at you in disgust. Mumu you go come smile enter bedroom.

As you are walking into the bedroom, the volume of the muttering is increasing but it's still inaudible.

In the oza room, just respect yourself. Don't even dare..unless you want the whole world to know how you will be idle and want to kill sb’s daughter after working all day!

“oh, it's your plan, Richie, baa? To kill me so that you can now go and meet Ishilove, baa?”

Only you go dey like Stone Cold Steve Austin sleep.

It will be normal...the “honey, darling etc.” is going to die. You will be called your name...two seconds, she will stop calling your name and just be giving out orders.

Abeg, don't even remind her you are the husband. You will get the insult of your life. She will say “no, say it loud na, let mama Chisom hear you. How many husbands stay at home watching football and their wives are left to do all the work!”

But na you still dey pay rent, buy foodstuff, and children fees.

Baba, kuku collect that responsiblity back. I hate to talk much. No dare shift any of your responsibility to woman...even if she persists to want to help. E kuku better she dey do am willingly than you register her name on it.

Only women, babies, and pets are loved. Men are respected when they man up. Na the respect we dey translate to love.
[/s]
Funny but this is impossible with me.

If you slap me, I blow you back.
I don't raise my hands against women but I'll retaliate any stupîd move against me.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by EJEHSON(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2021
Oboy this your analysis carry weight, perfectly scripted, you too much.
chatinent:

This scenario reminds me of Jude and Eniola Badmus that was always cartoonized on The Sun Newspaper.

That means if she were the one providing the meals, ọ ga -esiri gị ike ga ahu banana nke a rapuru fo.

Mehn..

Nothing dey vex me pass references to every little efforts you make forgetting my daily stabs to make you happy.

Only one evening my cousin sister took me out, I never even remove my shoe naim I read her status: “I like the woman I am becoming. Always learn to man your womanhood.”

The only thing most women tend to appreciate is credit alerts..or send your account number. They will become so emotional..they can even cry.

You go hear weeen. She go even remind you how she carry you for stomach for nine months.

“Richie, what is this na, can't I have peace after coming back from work again? How can you eat and cannot wash your plates again! What's this na!”

“Don't baby me. What have I not done to make you happy? Will I kill myself? Am I the only married woman in the world..what is this na.”

“(She is crying now..tears flowly freely). Just see what you made me do. Just see it. Everything is just wrong with this world.”

You mah wey dem slap go still go meet am for parlour where she dey cry dey pet am (and that is after checking your cheeks if blood dey comot). You go come humbly tell am say no bi you eat, say na the one she eat for morning..but anyways, you forgot to wash it.

She will now come to the parlour and sit, ask you for the remote and change the football to Telemundo and mutter these words you'll never hear: “work e won't work, such a failure. It's only remote e can pass.”

You will try to look at her with your side eyes but meet her full eyes staring at you in disgust. Mumu you go come smile enter bedroom.

As you are walking into the bedroom, the volume of the muttering is increasing but it's still inaudible.

In the oza room, just respect yourself. Don't even dare..unless you want the whole world to know how you will be idle and want to kill sb’s daughter after working all day!

“oh, it's your plan, Richie, baa? To kill me so that you can now go and meet Ishilove, baa?”

It will be normal...the “honey, darling etc.” is going to die. You will be called your name...two seconds, she will stop calling your name and just be giving out orders.

Abeg, don't even remind her you are the husband. You will get the insult of your life. She will say “no, say it loud na, let mama Chisom hear you. How many husbands stay at home watching football and their wives are left to do all the work!”

Baba, kuku collect that responsiblity back. I hate to talk much. No dare shift any of your responsibility to woman...even if she persists to want to help. E kuku better she dey do am willingly than you register her name on it.

Only women, babies, and pets are loved. Men are respected when they man up. Na the respect we dey translate to love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by UncleKoboko: 7:58am On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

My brother, I was out of job for like 6 months and wife took care of all the bills excluding rent and school fees and nobody noticed or knew I was out of job. No negative attitude showed up and I will tell you why. A close friend gave me this advice and I will share same with you. When you get your salary or business profit, remove your t-fare/car fuel and give the rest to your wife to manage the home. I was very hard for me to do but t I summoned courage and since 3+ years I started it, I have complete peace. Infact, my wife was praising me on how I was able to pay all bills and manage funds. By the time your wife will mismange the home funds (feeding, rent, kids sch fees e.t.c) she will wake up and realize that paying for gas in the home is the least issue. You will have utmost respect bro. I have been married for 7 years now.
Give all money to your wife?
U no get ambition to build your own house and other projects?

I pity you.
Money she can start using to take care of her boyfriends...

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by SmilingImabong: 7:59am On Sep 26, 2021
God bless you bro.
There are men who take good care of there family like this man and they have worth and money.
Marry your friend and don't marry for breast and yansh
The reason why many men suffer this from women is because they were after last and the lady is aware that's why if he lacks financially she treats him like a puppet while she earns
AmazonTopaz:

It isn't attached to poverty there are men with good jobs who do this.

Nothing stops a man from helping out in the home and making time for his family.That is a wise and honourable man.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by PearlFid(f): 8:01am On Sep 26, 2021
chatinent:

Mehn..

lol, I can't help but laugh out loud. Lord help me to be a better help mate to my husband.. My gender sha
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by bepositive11: 8:02am On Sep 26, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
Hmnn

I think this issue is lack of communication

Communicate your feelings and expectations to her

I agree with you but I don't think she's one of those women who will listen empathetically. She may even use his vulnerability against him

Maybe I'm wrong, but OP will know for sure. If she is understanding, OP should be open, direct, and honest
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:04am On Sep 26, 2021
kushme:

So, now you know. I came here to read the experiences of men on the subject, only to see them flood the thread with their rubbish defensive traits and trying to advice men on how to handle the situation.

Any advice they try to give you, is on how it should favour the female gender.

They see men as tools and get angry when they can't use the tools .
Confirm karid entity u bi, I dough my coconut for u.
That's women for u, I thank Jah the kind of life I have. I believe I'm one of the guys outa there that knows how to bring women on their kneels, just that some guys or men this days no drink enough breast that's why dem women are taken advantage of that

2 Likes

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by TearNinja001: 8:05am On Sep 26, 2021
This is one of the most terrible situation you can find yourself in.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by emmyyoung688: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2021
JESHAL:

Equality doesn't work in marriage
We complement each other, that's how successful families have been built in every civilization in every era

She knows her roles
I know my roles

She defers to my command and authority

I cherish, value, love and take care of her

She assists me, I make the final decisions

Marriage is putting family above individual selfish hedonistic happiness

That's why mordern marriages are failing, Feminism ideology made things worse
brother you have spoken my mind...the world has invented many kinds of marriages these days .. I think IAM going to put up a post on this marriage thing.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by IamDavid(m): 8:12am On Sep 26, 2021
Romanoff:
Me I don't see any problem in this o.

Na only one bill she dey pay, yet she wan turn terrorists for your head. You sef, always remind her how expensive DSTV and foodstuff costs as often as you can.

You can add the rising cost of rent too.

Treat people how they treat you and watch them adjust.

Just cause your own wife is like that doesn't mean all women are that way.

I know women who are bread winners and you'd never know, even n their house.

One just bought car and house that her family just moved into. Na her husband dey drive the car.

So don't conclude all women who are bread winners are like that.
This is not the way God planned it. Anyways it could happen but, young men, avoid it. 2x richer than your girl is the minimum.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Midas01: 8:13am On Sep 26, 2021
But men do it to women everyday and still expect the women to pray , fast and watch war room so her husband can change.
Rubbiish:

The bold is one of the worst things that can happen to any man on earth! That man will be a living-dead!
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by IamDavid(m): 8:13am On Sep 26, 2021
iamyemiakins:

You don see them finish o.
Kilode!
The poster knows, yet he believes other people do not know about it... Na car and house dealer e be?

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by GetMeRight: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2021
ubola:
Fill the gas if you can in addition to others you are doing, but don't 4get to have heavy savings for exigencies that's hidden from her. Always make sure you save enough for her hospital bill during Child birth etc else get ready for embarrassment. Don't accept her support in anything you do else she'll tell the world that she did it.

Lol. It's a marriage not a fling. A man may just die untimely unless you are rich enough to shoulder all the financial responsibilities in the house.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by bepositive11: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2021
MufasaLion:

Smart and good submission from you but however, it's very difficult to let go off of one's ego as a man especially in such situation.

I honestly don't have respect for men who depend on their wives for money, but if his wife is earning more, I don't see that as a problem as long as he's not financially dependent on her and he's helping his woman with house chores if they don't have a house help

Men need to understand that their value goes beyond how much they earn. A man who is supportive, reliable, responsible, present, knowledgeable, wise, good at giving advice, good at making judgements, good at being a father, and the list goes on. All these things will make a woman cherish and respect you regardless of whether you earn more or less than her, but a man's huge ego can prevent him from being all these things

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by IamDavid(m): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2021
I pray for all men in developing countries today, you will be financially stable. (Yousef try your best). Any other thing apart from that na struggle

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by dazzlingd(m): 8:23am On Sep 26, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I may be wrong but I personally believe that the easiest and most therapeutic way to cope as a man if your wife is the breadwinner of the home is by making "Cuckold" your favourite porn genre.

It makes you realize that so many men go through worse and they were able to transform the negativity into a great source of personal pleasure.
If you can't stand it, then be better.

Except you are terminally ill or medically incapacitated, allowing your wife become the breadwinner is worse than Esau gifting his birthright to Jacob.

You'd lose all your dominance, influence, and respect. It won't be long before she starts sending you on errands to buy condoms for her to take to work.

Over to Lala and the other elders.

Lol, honestly I didnt get it until I found the meaning of cockold....you are insane grin
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by GetMeRight: 8:27am On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

This practice is not good enough at all. May be you are a wasteful spender sha. Because if you are not a wasteful spender but you decide to adopt this method just to have peace in the home, then your wife is in control of not only your financial life but your entire life! Having joint account and separate individual accounts is good but this style is the worst arrangement ever, to your detriment dude.

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by sylve11: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2021
Romanoff:

Na only one bill she dey pay, yet she wan turn terrorists for your head. You sef, always remind her how expensive DSTV and foodstuff costs as often as you can.

One just bought car and house that her family just moved into. Na her husband dey drive the car.

How I like the bolded line... kiss cool
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by sylve11: 8:35am On Sep 26, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
Hmnn

I think this issue is lack of communication

Communicate your feelings and expectations to her

What about if she's the type that doesn't listen?

There are people like that. cool
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by sylve11: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by Amumaigwe: 8:51am On Sep 26, 2021
Romanoff:

Just ask her husband how he is coping and find out that what you are observing from that distance is only a mirage. No husband can function if the wife is paying all or most of the bills.

3 Likes

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by omoharry(f): 8:54am On Sep 26, 2021
Ishilove:

You married?
I don't think so. Let her be.. experience they say is the best teacher .
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by georgeakins: 8:54am On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

You give your salary to your wife to manage the house every month? And you claimed you have been having peace since you started it?

If the story is true , then you are not a man. You are just a weakling.

4 Likes

Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by omoharry(f): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2021
Amumaigwe:

Just ask her husband how he is coping and find out that what you are observing from that distance is only a mirage. No husband can function if the wife is paying all or most of the bills.
Some men are very comfortable oo! They don't mind women paying Thier bills . Hope you know some mem are lazy and irresponsible!
Re: Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2021
spice123:

So what percentage of the household income do you invest for the long term to take care of your retirement, how long can the family emergency reserves take care of household expenses when the unexpected happens

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / WHY Do Potential Couples Do This? / Should I Tell My Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.