Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God (2829 Views)

How Mighty Is The Almighty God? / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by shidof(m): 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2021
hupernikao:

You must observe well, all the testimonies of the prophets in the scriptures, their writings and prophecies to understand why Jesus is the God of OT. This will become clear when you read their writings properly. They spoke in clear terms of a God, that will come in human flesh to save. This is the basis of the doctrine.

When you read the whole Bible together, this will make more sense to you.

That
1. The God in Genesis was the one who is only from the beginning (one God).

2. The same God is who came in human flesh as Jesus, a man, called the son of God.

This is the reason, Jesus, the man was referred to as God, because of his preexistence as God.

So, Jesus, a man, existed as the only God in the beginning but came to us in humanity. Hence why he can suffer, die and cry. Those are traits of a man not God. God can't die. Hence he exhibited all traits of man in his humanity.

So, when ever, you mention Jesus always know you will see the attribute of man in display, as that was God in the flesh (man). This is why and how salvation of man was possible.
You still didn't give any verified source which ascertain that Jesus Christ is God. You can't use just your brain to write an epistle without any Bible Verses that showed us Jesus is God or any verse where by Jesus Christ pronounced himself as God and expect me to accept your claim just like that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by Janosky: 11:09pm On Oct 02, 2021
shidof:
Cos it's illogical. They won't have a valid answer
3 Gods Polytheists & Trinity devotees pretending to be Christians won't have a valid answer for you.
But, the servants of Jehovah God chosen to bear His name have a valid Bible based answer @John 20:17 & Revelation 1:1 & Revelation 3:5,12,21. Isaiah 43:10,21,Acts 3:13 & Acts15:14,17. John 9:4 & Matthew 12:15-18.
Bros, please know the difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by johnw47: 11:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
shidof:
In summary, how does that Word of God equate to God. And can you give me any verse in the Bible where Jesus Christ unambiguously declare himself as the God.

Bible verses that says God is not Man
Numbers 23:19
19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9).

Isaiah 45:5

I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me.

When Jesus was accused of being God and he denied it

The son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father do’; and directly after ‘I can of mine own self do nothing.’ (John 5:19, 30)

In answer to the charge of making himself God, he appeals to the Jews in substance thus: Your own Scriptures call Moses a god, and your magistrates gods; I am surely not inferior to them, yet I did not call myself God, but only the ‘son’ of God (John 10:34-36).

if you want to bring into question something that i have said
then quote what i said

for instance where did i say God is flesh?
i have of course said many times that God is a Spirit:

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus is The Son of God
before and after becoming Man He is The Word of God
reply to what i write or be like the confused false jw's , who much of the time
must be replying to the voices in their heads

your confusion in thinking i said God is a man, and replying to your wrong assumption got 2 likes
so there are at least 2 other confused ones here, funny

if it is not those 2 false jw's here, then there are 4 or more confused ones
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by Janosky: 12:30am On Oct 03, 2021
johnw47:

The Word of God, had a beginning in the flesh. john 1:14
Your Bible disagrees grin
Colossians 1:15, Why would Jesus Christ be the first born of EVERY creature when millions of people have lived & died on earth before his birth in the flesh?

johnw47:

before then, Wisdom/The Word of God, had a beginning as a separate Person to God. proverbs 8:22-25
God bought forth Wisdom out of Himself.

John W have made 2 salient confession:. grin
Number 1 ; before then, Wisdom/The Word of God, had a beginning as a separate Person to God. proverbs 8:22-25 (in the spirit realm)
Number 2:
The Word of God, had a beginning in the flesh
Therefore, the word/Wisdom first had a beginning in the spirit realm , John W talk am. grin
God created ,"Brought forth "a separate person" being called "Wisdom" (revealed to be Jesus @ 1 Corinthians 1:24)
Shidof, take note of the 2 Screenshots.
The Hebrew lexicon Qanah = CREATE
@ Proverbs 8:22, Genesis 14:19,22. Psalms 139:13
Brought forth, Possess,Maker, Produce = CREATE grin

johnw47:

The Spirit of Wisdom, The Spirit of knowledge etc. is that same One Holy Spirit that is God:
Is John W's "holy spirit" not a separate, distinct person from his other 2 person Gods?
Why did John W claim that Jesus is holy spirit?
Or John W is more confused?
johnw47:

Isa_11:2  The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.

John W confusing himself grin
Why would your 'spirit of Wisdom' be given another spirit called "spirit of the Lord"
@ Isaiah 11:2?
johnw47:

God possessed Wisdom at the beginning of His way/before His works of old.
His works of old are of course, the beginning of His way

God and Wisdom/The Word, was there at the beginning of creation
God possessed Wisdom at creation, and before that Wisdom has always existed in God, of course
before then, Wisdom/The Word of God, had a beginning as a separate Person to God. proverbs 8:22-25.
John W talk am, "the Wisdom" of Proverbs 8:22 had a beginning as a separate person
A creature of God @ Proverbs 8:22.
Proverbs 8:29 & 1 Corinthians 1:24 the Wisdom is a living creature/ "skilled Craftsman" at the Father's side. A living entity, "separate person to God" .

johnw47:

God is greater than The Word of God/than The Lord Jesus Christ
it was God Who bought Wisdom out of Himself, and Jesus is flesh
Matthew 27:46 & John 5:37 Jesus Christ confessed there is no equality between him & his God & Father.
Trinity na man made scam.
johnw47:

God bringing Wisdom out of Himself can be likened to birth
but not likened to create, because Wisdom always existed in God

John W you played yourself with that last sentence grin
John W already said:
before then, Wisdom/The Word of God, had a beginning as a separate Person to God. proverbs 8:22-25

Proverbs 8:22,29 the Wisdom/ skilled Craftsman" is a separate person to God" grin grin grin

Side Note:
John W, you have to give credit to Jehovah's Witnesses on this forum for exposure of Proverbs 8:22 & 1 Corinthians 1:24 referencing Jesus Christ personified as Wisdom, the first born of every creature of God Almighty, Colossians 1:15.
Jehovah's Witnesses espoused the truth of Proverbs 8:22 on this public forum inspite of strong opposition from 3 Gods Polytheists pretending to be Christians.
The evidence plentiful on Nairaland.

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by Janosky: 12:38am On Oct 03, 2021
johnw47:

if you want to bring into question something that i have said
then quote what i said

for instance where did i say God is flesh?
i have of course said many times that God is a Spirit:

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Jesus is The Son of God
before and after becoming Man He is The Word of God
[s]reply to what i write or be like the confused false jw's , who much of the time
must be replying to the voices in their heads

your confusion got 2 likes
there are at least 2 other confused ones here, funny[/s]
John W have said his own version of Jesus is God in the flesh.
Confused 3 Gods Polytheist.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 12:48am On Oct 03, 2021
shidof:
I have heard a lot of Christians always equate Jesus Christ as God Almighty but I've a question that has always been disturbing my mind.
Who was in charge of the world before Jesus was born, who created Adam, Abraham, eve and all the other creature before Jesus was born?? God is immortal but Jesus died and it was even through the hands of Human beings. So, what are the reasons to justify that Jesus Christ is still the same as the God Almighty who wasn't born by anybody and he didn't give birth to any one either.
He isn't the one the bible refers to as the Almighty God but much of your facts about him are not correct. Remember in John 8.58 Jesus Declared, before Abraham, I am.
Also in John 1. 1-5 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him, nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Christ was the creator.
Finally, his life was not taken John 10.18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
I hope these help
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by johnw47: 1:05am On Oct 03, 2021
chiedu7:

As Jesus Himself said, you know neither the bible nor the word of God

Mark 12:24
ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Jesus is the Lord of Sabbath,which means the Jews worshiped Him

Mark 2:28
Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath

Thats Why David called Jesus His Lord

Matthew 22
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Because Jesus said that before Abraham was the Father of the Jews was, He Jesus Christ is "I AM" not "I WAS but I AM". This means Jesus lacks a beginning

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus has always been, when He died on the cross the body died not the spirit.
Jesus gave the Father His spirit, so the body could die

Luke 23:46
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Since His spirit was alive ,He Jesus took up His body to avoid rot

John 10
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Jesus said He is the Almighty, Remember Jesus is to come not the Father

Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

So yes Jesus is FULL GOD, thats why the bible said that everything about being God is in Jesus. Including being almighty

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

So Yes Jesus is God Almighty who died for fools like you & sinners like me

Amateur bible disputer you are angry

Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 
Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

verse 7 He who comes with clouds was pierced, yes it is The Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
not now flesh and bones but Spirit, The Word of God

verse 8 the One Who is to come, same as in the previous verse is Jesus/The Word of God/Alpha and Omega/The Almighty

The One Who is to come:
Rev 19:13  And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

it's the angel of Jesus/The Word of God speaking in revelation:

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

and it's interisting how the Angel of Jesus talks with the authority of Jesus/The Word of God
as if He is Jesus/The Word of God
just as the angel of Yahovah spoke in the old testament with the authority of Yahovah, as if He is Yahovah
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by Janosky: 1:08am On Oct 03, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
I said it! You are obviously one of those whose minds are sealed. I am not responding because of you but because of those whose minds are open. I quoted a lot of verses showing that Jesus is God and explaining why He had to subordinate Himself to the Father. As for your false assertion that I can't support Trinity with one verse of the Bible, I want those who are not blind to read Matthew 28:20;
John 1:1; John 20:28; Acts 5: 3,4; Acts 20:28; Hebrews 9:13,14; 1st Timothy 3:16; Revelation 1:8 and specifically 1st John 5:7 which reads" For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". That is Trinity right there. As for Trinity being illogical (from the human perspective), may be, but as for being supported by a biblical verse, as those who are not blind can see, there more than one verse showing that just as the Father is God, Jesus Christ is God and the Holy Ghost (or Holy Spirit) is equally God. Thank you.
Greek lexicon John 1:1, John 4:24, John14:1, John 17:3, According to Jesus and John,is Jesus ho Theos the God?

John 20:28, did you see exclamation mark in your own Bible?
When you say "oh my God!", do you mean you're referring to God Almighty?

When you quote Acts 5:3, do you agree with the same thing @ Hosea 12:3-4?
Do you agree with Jesus Christ @ Matt 12:28 & Luke 11:20 that Ananias lied against the finger of God ?

Acts 20:28 have 2 versions, there is controversy regarding it's authenticity.
Galatians 4:4 & Romans 8:3 would Paul write conflicting versions of Acts 20:28?
Would Paul be conflicting with John 3:16?

1 Timothy 3:16, the genuine authentic version reads: "he was manifest", stop DECEIVING yourself with a DUBIOUS translation.
There is no Theos (Greek 2316) @ 1 Tim 3:16.

Your version of 1 John 5:7 is NOT authentic.
Go & find out, how Desiderius Erasmus brought that fraudulent insert into the KJV.

@ Revelation 1:1,5-6, your Bible proven your claim on verse 8 is NOT true.
Revelation 3:5,12 Jesus Christ proven that.

Hebrews 9:13-14 & Matthew 27:46,& John3:16, did God sacrifice himself?
Who is your God begging & praying to?
Hebrews 9:13-14, why would your God present himself to another being for approval in heaven? grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by Janosky: 1:16am On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

He isn't the one the bible refers to as the Almighty God but much of your facts about him are not correct. Remember in John 8.58 Jesus Declared, before Abraham, I am.
Also in John 1. 1-5 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him, nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Christ was the creator.
Finally, his life was not taken John 10.18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
I hope these help
Your "I am" is whose servant @ John 20:17 & Acts 3:13?
In heaven your "I am" is whose son @ John 8:38?

Greek lexicon John 1:1, John 4:24, John 14:1, According to Jesus Christ and John, is Jesus Christ ho Theos the God?
There are how many "I am" in John 8:38,58?
Acts 17:24 and 1 Corinthians 8:6 & Ephesians 3:14-15, did Paul teach you Jesus is Creator?
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 2:02am On Oct 03, 2021
Janosky:

Your "I am" is whose servant @ John 20:17 & Acts 3:13?
In heaven your "I am" is whose son @ John 8:38?

Greek lexicon John 1:1, John 4:24, John 14:1, According to Jesus Christ and John, is Jesus Christ ho Theos the God?
There are how many "I am" in John 8:38,58?
Acts 17:24 and 1 Corinthians 8:6 & Ephesians 3:14-15, did Paul teach you Jesus is Creator?

Sir I don't understand a word you wrote. Please explain. You even made refrence to Greek, do you speak greek?
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by johnw47: 2:32am On Oct 03, 2021
Janosky:

Your Bible disagrees grin
Colossians 1:15, Why would Jesus Christ be the first born of EVERY creature when millions of people have lived & died on earth before his birth in the flesh?

Ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

fraud jw janosky

you are listening to those voices in your head again.
truly: The Word of God had a beginning in the flesh.
before becoming Man He was spirit, oh duh duh duh

Janosky:
John W have made 2 salient confession:. grin
Number 1 ; before then, Wisdom/The Word of God, had a beginning as a separate Person to God. proverbs 8:22-25 (in the spirit realm)
Number 2:
The Word of God, had a beginning in the flesh
Therefore, the word/Wisdom first had a beginning in the spirit realm , John W talk am. grin
God created ,"Brought forth "a separate person" being called "Wisdom" (revealed to be Jesus @ 1 Corinthians 1:24)
Shidof, take note of the 2 Screenshots.
The Hebrew lexicon Qanah = CREATE
@ Proverbs 8:22, Genesis 14:19,22. Psalms 139:13
Brought forth, Possess,Maker, Produce = CREATE grin

oh most confused false jw, qanah like many words can have a number of meanings
depending on content, "posessed" is one of them

when there was nothing but God, God didn't create Wisdom
Wisdom always resided in God: the same yesterday today and tomorrow

God bought His Wisdom, forth/out of Himself, to be a seperate person. proverbs 8:22-25

Janosky:
Is John W's "holy spirit" not a separate, distinct person from his other 2 person Gods?
Why did John W claim that Jesus is holy spirit?
Or John W is more confused?

talk about confusion oh u understander of nothing

show where i have another 2 god's, cannot stop lying fraud

johnw never say Jesus the Man is The Holy Spirit, The Holy Spirit is not flesh, u so dum dum
johnw say before becoming Man The word of God is the Holy spirit

Janosky:
John W confusing himself grin
Why would your 'spirit of Wisdom' be given another spirit called "spirit of the Lord"
@ Isaiah 11:2?

ha ha ha, amazing, no understanding of God's Word at all

The Spirit of Yahovah is The Spirit of Wisdom etc.
God and Wisdom/the Word is God, john 1:1
God is a Spirit, God and The word is that One Holy Spirit
God bought His Holy Spirit out of Himself
The Word of God is the One mostly referred to as The Holy Spirit
in the bible, Father is also

Isa_11:2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD.

Janosky:
before then, Wisdom/The Word of God, had a beginning as a separate Person to God. proverbs 8:22-25.
John W talk am, "the Wisdom" of Proverbs 8:22 had a beginning as a separate person.
A creature of God @ Proverbs 8:22.
Proverbs 8:29 & 1 Corinthians 1:24 the Wisdom is a living creature/ "skilled Craftsman" at the Father's side. A living entity, "separate person to God" .

so confused fraud, what you trying to say

God's Word is no creature, He is God's Holy Spirit
read again my recent posts, but of course you cannot understand truth:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Janosky:
Matthew 27:46 & John 5:37 Jesus Christ confessed there is no equality between him & his God & Father.
Trinity na man made scam.

what has The Word of God being the Spirit of God(shown in my recent posts), got to do with trinity
u such a duh fraud

Janosky:
John W you played yourself with that last sentence grin
John W already said:
Proverbs 8:22,29 the Wisdom/ skilled Craftsman" is a separate person to God" grin grin grin

Side Note:
John W, you have to give credit to Jehovah's Witnesses on this forum for exposure of Proverbs 8:22 & 1 Corinthians 1:24 referencing Jesus Christ personified as Wisdom, the first born of every creature of God Almighty, Colossians 1:15.
Jehovah's Witnesses espoused the truth of Proverbs 8:22 on this public forum inspite of strong opposition from 3 Gods Polytheists pretending to be Christians.
The evidence plentiful on Nairaland.

wow, confusion reigns in false jw land

truly most confused know nothing, i say it again, not that u will understand, smile

Wisdom/The Word had a beginning as a separate Person to God
before God bough Wisdom out of Himself, Wisdom always existed in God

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 2:37am On Oct 03, 2021
shidof:
but some people believe Jesus is the same as the Almighty God. Besides, how many God do you even think we have
You asked a good question, how many God do we have?
There are many Gods and Jesus Christ is one of them. His father, the Almighty God is also one.
We do not worship all the God's. We only worship Jesus Christ and the Almighty God.
Philippians 2:10
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by johnw47: 3:22am On Oct 03, 2021
Janosky:

dum as they cum fraud jw janosky

God in the flesh = God became flesh
it's true, The Word of God stripped Himself of His Divinity and became Man

quote me where i have three gods oh cannot stop lying fraud

but u oh polytheist have 2 god's, a almighty god jehovah and a mighty god jesus, oh most dum one
a almighty god jehovah and a mighty angelic being michael, funny

forever the habitual liar and false accuser:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by johnw47: 6:05am On Oct 03, 2021
shidof:
I have heard a lot of Christians always equate Jesus Christ as God Almighty but I've a question that has always been disturbing my mind.
Who was in charge of the world before Jesus was born,
who created Adam, Abraham, eve and all the other creature before Jesus was born?? God is immortal but Jesus died and it was even through the hands of Human beings. So, what are the reasons to justify that Jesus Christ is still the same as the God Almighty who wasn't born by anybody and he didn't give birth to any one either.

The Word of God did, who became the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 
Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God. 
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word of God:
Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 
Col 1:17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

you don't know God's word/the bible at all, you should try preaching islam, but not to me
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by orisa37: 6:52am On Oct 03, 2021
JESUS CHRIST IS CROSS CRISIS UNLIMITED TO ALL BLOODY AND ALMIGHTY.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by shidof(m): 9:03am On Oct 03, 2021
Janosky:

The guy is just confusing himself and ascertain my earlier submission that Jesus isn't God with all his illogical and incoherent epistle. 3 in 1 Gods. Lmfao
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by shidof(m): 9:07am On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

Christ was the creator.
I hope these help
You said Jesus Christ wasn't the Almighty God the Bible referenced and you still said that he was the Creator. Creator of what if I may ask?. And being with God in the beginning doesn't equate to him being the same as the God.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by shidof(m): 9:11am On Oct 03, 2021
johnw47:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word of God:
Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 

you don't know God's word/the bible at all, you should try preaching islam, but not to me

You're still throwing out illogical jibe. Are you saying that before the coming of Jesus Christ. What we had was just the Word of God, that we don't have God until when the Word of God metamorphosis to God which is Jesus Christ. Lol
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by shidof(m): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

There are many Gods and Jesus Christ is one of them. His father, the Almighty God is also one.
We do not worship all the God's. We only worship Jesus Christ and the Almighty God.

So, you're worshiping two Gods based on your
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 9:17am On Oct 03, 2021
shidof:
So, you're worshiping two Gods based on your
John 10.30 I and the father are one.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 9:28am On Oct 03, 2021
shidof:
You said Jesus Christ wasn't the Almighty God the Bible referenced and you still said that he was the Creator. Creator of what if I may ask?. And being with God in the beginning doesn't equate to him being the same as the God.

Yes being the creator does not make him the Almighty God. These are two different things.
And it was the bible that said he was the creator.

John 1.1-5

Colossians 1.15-17 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Hebrew 1.1-2 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

Not my words but the bible.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 10:06am On Oct 03, 2021
shidof:
First, you need to understand the term God.
Clearly, Jesus Christ has always been God.

Isaiah 1.6 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

He is the Mighty God and the Everlasting Father.

The Almighty is also a God.

So when you say God, you need to be specific. God is not the name of a person but it's a state or a class.

Psalm 82.5-6 Thus says the Lord, Ye are gods and children of the Most High. ... 6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Even man is a God.
So when you talk about Godhood, it's a vat topic.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:33am On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

There is a word trinitarians mistranslated to "WORSHIP" the word is "OBEISANCE" which means "TO SERVE"

Jesus is inheriting David's throne {Isaiah 9:6-7 compare to Luke 1:32} the Israelites SERVED King David under the direction from God so in other words they did OBEISANCE to David.
In the same manner all faithful people throughout the earth will do the same thing to Jesus who inherited David's throne but since Jesus' throne is not on earth but heaven {John 14:1-4} all intelligent beings both in heaven and on earth must do OBEISANCE to Jesus {Philippians 2:10} since we are all under God's Kingdom and Jesus has been enthroned as King! Matthew 28:18

But as for WORSHIP only JEHOVAH deserve to be worshiped.
God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

There is a word trinitarians mistranslated to "WORSHIP" the word is "OBEISANCE" which means "TO SERVE"

Jesus is inheriting David's throne {Isaiah 9:6-7 compare to Luke 1:32} the Israelites SERVED King David under the direction from God so in other words they did OBEISANCE to David.
In the same manner all faithful people throughout the earth will do the same thing to Jesus who inherited David's throne but since Jesus' throne is not on earth but heaven {John 14:1-4} all intelligent beings both in heaven and on earth must do OBEISANCE to Jesus {Philippians 2:10} since we are all under God's Kingdom and Jesus has been enthroned as King! Matthew 28:18

But as for WORSHIP only JEHOVAH deserve to be worshiped.
Explain the term worship?
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

Explain the term worship?
WORSHIP is exclusive to only one person the Almighty God!
It entails sacred services like prayers, songs of praise and exclusive devotion!
PRAYERS: is to be made to God alone {Deuteronomy 6:4} that's why you will never see any King in God's arrangement (including Jesus) who will ask you to pray to them, rather they will direct you to make all your petitions to the Almighty God! Matthew 6:9
SONGS OF of PRAISE: is also part of worship so during songs all worshipers of God (including Jesus himself) sing to praise the Almighty God! Matthew 26:30
EXCLUSIVE DEVOTION: in most cases when we have to make certain decisions we must surrender to the will of God who is above all! Luke 22:42

Apart from this three things we must obey Jesus in every aspect of our lives as our Master, Lord and King whom the Almighty God introduced to us as the chosen one! Matthew 17:5

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 11:30am On Oct 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

WORSHIP is exclusive to only one person the Almighty God!
It entails sacred services like prayers, songs of praise and exclusive devotion!
PRAYERS: is to be made to God alone {Deuteronomy 6:4} that's why you will never see any King in God's arrangement (including Jesus) who will ask you to pray to them, rather they will direct you to make all your petitions to the Almighty God! Matthew 6:9
SONGS OF of PRAISE: is also part of worship so during songs all worshipers of God (including Jesus himself) sing to praise the Almighty God! Matthew 26:30
EXCLUSIVE DEVOTION: in most cases when we have to make certain decisions we must surrender to the will of God who is above all! Luke 22:42

Apart from this three things we must obey Jesus in every aspect of our lives as our Master, Lord and King whom the Almighty God introduced to us as the chosen one! Matthew 17:5

So when Jesus rode on a donkey and he was praised by the people of Jerusalem was that worship?
Also, the Father and the son are one, the will of The father for you is also that of the son for you.
Finally what is prayer but simple communication. When Christhe was on earth, didn't the people pray directly to him and pled for mercy and miracles?
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by johnw47: 11:42am On Oct 03, 2021
shidof:
You're still throwing out illogical jibe.

dum dum shidof, point out the illogical jibe in my post:

johnw47:

The Word of God:

shidof:
Are you saying that before the coming of Jesus Christ. What we had was just the Word of God, that we don't have God until when the Word of God metamorphosis to God which is Jesus Christ. Lol

fancy laughing at your own ridiculous confusion:

Ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

u so dum, you read my straight forward post and don't know what i'm saying, read again, and perhaps u will know what i said, but i seriously doubt it

u r like fraud jw as dum as they cum, ever reading but never understanding

but then what hope have you, you believe islam is perfect, and fraud jw believes his gb is perfect

birds of a feather, dummies together
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
tctrills:

So when Jesus rode on a donkey and he was praised by the people of Jerusalem was that worship?
No they weren't worshiping him, they were joyfully praising God for being eyewitnesses of the fulfilment of a Bible prophecy! Zechariah 9:9

Also, the Father and the son are one, the will of The father for you is also that of the son for you.
NO! That simply means Jesus is 100% in compliance with God's will {John 8:28} the same thing is applicable to God's people today we all have the same line of thought with our God (Jehovah) and our King (Jesus Christ) {John 17:22} it doesn't mean that we are to be worshiped too as we are ONE with God!

Finally what is prayer but simple communication. When Christhe was on earth, didn't the people pray directly to him and pled for mercy and miracles?
Those people weren't worshiping Jesus, they were begging him to use his God's given powers to heal them just as people often do to God's prophets of old like Elijah and Elisha! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by paltielx: 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
Bodmum:
you are just an unbaptized pagan
The are not the same, Jesus said at John 14:28 that the father is greater than he is

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

No they weren't worshiping him, they were joyfully praising God for being eyewitnesses of the fulfilment of a Bible prophecy! Zechariah 9:9

NO! That simply means Jesus is 100% in compliance with God's will {John 8:28} the same thing is applicable to God's people today we all have the same line of thought with our God (Jehovah) and our King (Jesus Christ) {John 17:22} it doesn't mean that we are to be worshiped too as we are ONE with God!

Those people weren't worshiping Jesus, they were begging him to use his God's given powers to heal them just as people often do to God's prophets of old like Elijah and Elisha! smiley
When Christ says I and my father are one.
Read john14.9
Matthew 11.27
The will of the father and the son in your life are the same
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by johnw47: 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
shidof:
The guy is just confusing himself and ascertain my earlier submission that Jesus isn't God with all his illogical and incoherent epistle. 3 in 1 Gods. Lmfao

dum dum shidof, u still joining fraud jw janosky at laughing at your own confusion and lies:

Ecc_7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

and like fraud jw you still haven't shown where i said the man Jesus is God
when i in fact said the man Jesus is the son of God, and His spirit is The Word of God

and you like fraud jw still haven't shown where i said anything about 3 in 1 god's

see how you islamic shidof and false jehovah's witness janosky are heap big liars
tells us a lot about who your god is:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Same As Almighty God by tctrills: 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Again your definition of worship does not cut it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ashawo's Atempt To Seduce Tb Joshua Exposed / My Wasted Years In Brotherhood Of Cross And Star / Preparing For Rapture, (part 9), FORGIVENESS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.