Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Life As An Albino (my Experience) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life As An Albino (my Experience) (26369 Views)

Rockwell Albino Meme: Mother, Patricia Williams Cries Out / Taiwo And Kehinde Olateju Twins: Albino And Dark Twins (Photos) / Family Photos Of An Albino And A Black Wife With Their Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Dammyseyon(m): 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
I have an albino friend (Adeola, original name withheld). He’s social, outspoken and quite cunning, he would have made a perfect bad boy if not for his skin colour. I like to spend time with Adeola because he’s fun to be with and makes jokes funnier than a random black skinned guy. Irrespective of how people treat you, how you see yourself matters. Don’t feel intimidated no matter how oddly you fit in.

5 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Cokahot: 1:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
You re poor and bitter,better go and .ake money while it's still bright foo l
God isn't dirty,neither does God ha e an offensive smell,that smell is from demons and the devil himself.
BePrepared:

U are proud and salty

Seek mercy from God
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by bluord360(m): 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
Racism everywhere, Blacks also do this to their fellow blacks and I can use myself as an example ..... But anyways I had to live with it cus that's just the sad part of life... Albinos are fun to be with give them a chance

2 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by jclassiq(m): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
I'm extra neat,I have close to 30 boxers,all branded,10 singlets, 9 white inner shirts,tons of unworn clothes,jeans,sneakers, all my clothes are well ironed,starched and stored u can't even get close to money 1 bit. Stop hating,I
Now you are starting to sound like a broken record. Who cares what you have?

8 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by jclassiq(m): 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
Blame it on illiteracy. Enlightened people don't discriminate.

2 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Valuc: 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
It's not as we think.. some albino skin looks somehow.. with wounds here and there.. that skin needs special attention but some put up I don't care attitude. Humans have wot irrites them... Same thing u embrace another person dispise.,

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Octobertwentysix(f): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
Stop hating yourself foo l,u are only creating problems,go find someone else to mention,I am worth millions, drop your acct details and let me be your donor.

Shut up, for your mind, every small thing, I am worth millions yen yen yen

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by vickydevoka(m): 1:47pm On Sep 28, 2021
T0T0fucker:
Na wa
Though, albinos na gold to a particular region,

Na so I hear o.
Lol
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by vickydevoka(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
ifytrik:
That racism for you, i still wonder why blacks likes racially abusing albinos but will shed crocodile tears when they are racially abused by the white race, the other day my neighbour came home with her albino husband and everyone were like "na albino dis mumu go marry? Tufiakwa" the albino guy was very sad likewise i myself, the earlier we humans start realizing that nobody created himself the better for all of us, had it been those albinos were given a chance to choose how they want to look would they have chosen albinism?,
Women has bad mouth. That's y i don't pity Dem o. I chok Dem yans. They like abusing n looking down on someone
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by vickydevoka(m): 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2021
aysnoopy:
Like my ex gf now (first love), she cheated on me and later left me and got married to someone else. They give birth to a beautiful albino girl. The way she flaunt her albino kid, I so much love it coz she didn't hide her.
They are also human, just d skin and hair colour that's different
Women naturally have boldness
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Rastaramsey(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2021
ifytrik:
That racism for you, i still wonder why blacks likes racially abusing albinos but will shed crocodile tears when they are racially abused by the white race, the other day my neighbour came home with her albino husband and everyone were like "na albino dis mumu go marry? Tufiakwa" the albino guy was very sad likewise i myself, the earlier we humans start realizing that nobody created himself the better for all of us, had it been those albinos were given a chance to choose how they want to look would they have chosen albinism?,

How is albino related to race
Or don't you know the differences??

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Chibuezem(m): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
T0T0fucker:
Na wa

Na so I hear o.
yup the natives hunt and skin them alive to make potent medicine and charms
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Cerebellum: 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
MikeMicheal:
Albino pussy dey sweet die

Lol..wereygrin

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Chibuezem(m): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
GraciousGod190:

Do I have to be one, to feel what I felt.
What i still felt?
Well the topic is somehow misleading
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Kevinsamba: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Bosssss make I drop acc too? cool
Cokahot:
Stop hating yourself foo l,u are only creating problems,go find someone else to mention,I am worth millions, drop your acct details and let me be your donor.
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by izombie(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
My friend and I were going somewhere in joburg and we saw this albino girl coming toward us with nice figure and all. As she passed I said to my friend that she looks great but my friend said even if he's given 1billion naira that he'll never have anything to do with her. I asked why and he said she's albino. I looked at him and said that's racist but he asked how. I said that he should imagine a white lady saying what he said about a black guy. He immediately said I was right.

4 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Efewestern: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
I don't use cheap phones,my phone does that,once in a while giving and submitting its own suggested word,I knownits from Germany fool

This one feet no get shii shii. �

3 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by LegendaryArnold(m): 1:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
illicit:
I don't know that people avoid them tho....

Me too. Me wey some fine albino dey enter my eyes
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Solofresh2: 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2021
JovialJune:

Your brain is leaking, and that is because you are a lost and rejected child.
Shut up!
Nah you come be accepted child abi
Mumu
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Kirkman: 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
Ninejaywon:
That is the kind of society will live in. I had one like that a long time ago. She kept her skin very clean and spotless. She adhered strictly with her diets,avoided excess sun. Infact she looked like a white woman. She was a Wonder in bed.
And you nor marry am?
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Originalsly: 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
The society has a problem and keep passing it down .... seeing handicapped and those with abnormal conditions as animals and treating them much the same. It will take more than a generation to change that general view. It's sad. But the very people that treat those people anyhow know better than to dare do that abroad. For those aspiring to travel abroad... it is for your good to start treating those handicapped people like normal people...you see their disabilities but must pretend you didn't.

2 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Focusmind: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
Honestly, I haven't noticed that discrimination. I interact with them very well.

I only pity the poor Albinos, who do not have the means to take care of themselves and the unforgiven harsh weather. We had one in school then from a wealthy home. His skin was always looking flawless and spotless. He had an expensive sunglasses and dressed well.

Those from the poor family will feel the impact of the weather on their skin and poverty is always evident in them if they are not well to do.

5 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by streetzdreamz(m): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
I can't stand who smells,does not use pef or uses an offensive pef like all those cheap pef of 2k,or has mouth and dying odour. I can't stand it,out of 5 ppl walking on the road ,street,3 have stinky body odour. ,i have sat with albino b4 and even had a gist with them. They are normal. Just that some smell
It's okay to have sensitive olfactory lobes, but it's not okay to make others feel bad all because of it. Your I can't stand this, I can't stand that, reeks of something I can't fathom. I've got a sensitive nose as well, any unpleasant smell upsets me. But growing up I learnt to be really tolerant with people, being uncomfortable for some few minutes wouldn't kill anyone, howbeit showing your displeasure at that moment kills them psychologically, you need to be more tolerant.

6 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by streetzdreamz(m): 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2021
Op, thanks for bringing this up. A lot of people need this sensitization, like they are just so selfish and inconsiderate. I see people stare annoyingly at albinos, give derogatory remarks and I just don't understand why. I once saw some touts taunt an albino lady who was simply walking down the street, and she looked clean and pretty, almost spotless. But these fools still jeered at her like she reeked of dirt, our mentality and reasoning sometimes is beyond me.

3 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by GeneralPula: 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
Well, I don’t think people discriminate against Albinos, like OP is reporting here..

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by bepositive11: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
T0T0fucker:
Na wa

Na so I hear o.

Ya. I watched a documentary about albino hunters. Can't remember where. It was an African country though. Really sad
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Killermamba: 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
GraciousGod190:
I don't know if this is the right section for this post, but With tears in my eyes am making this write up.

I prepared for Church early this morning, so as to meet first service on time, on getting to the road I stopped a tricycle (keke napep) to take me to my Church.

A man stopped the keke driver, he was a very fair man (albino) putting on a well ironed chinos trouser and a clean white shortleve. At first the kekeman didn't want to stop, I was the one who touched him, that can't you see your been stopped? Before he held his break.

The man walked a few steps and came and sat down beside me, (saying good morning) which I responded with a welcoming face. While we were going I was pressing my phone, still looking at the time...then the keke driver stopped for another passenger, the woman came with his two kids, as soon she made to enter, she saw the albino, immediately she stopped, told the keke driver to keep going (muttering that space won't contain her both children)

I was surprised, because I saw the whole thing, but I kept quiet, not up to 2min the keke driver stopped again for an elderly woman (about 65years old) as soon as she saw the albino in the back seat, she waved her hand to the keke driver, he should go on.

All this while, I was sad, the happiness and joy in me going to Church this morning just died, I felt it..... the fairman stopped at the next intersection, which he paid his fare, but I can see the expression on his face, the shame, the embarrassment (he couldn't even looked at my face).

I can't help to think about the bias treatment from this white FOLKS towards we black men. When we don't even love and respect one another.

You see TRIBALIST war online, fight amongst ourselves Daily.

At first, I didn't want to talk about it but please let's treat each other's right, Irrespective of our personalities.

Those people be mumu. My boss is an albino who is a billionaire he owns many estate here in Lagos island our company develop all his estates. Everybody dey lie down for am, shouting chairman, chairman, just for him to tip them. We nor get tradition na poverty be our problem

2 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Xman12345goat: 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
MikeMicheal:
Albino pussy dey sweet die
Run ooo. They have the Albino gene in their DNA, so you may likely born an Albino. Na so my friend married his girlfriend, although she is normal but her papa na Albino. Na so dey born Albino. Some people try to enquire if there is any Albino, epilepsy etc in the family before marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by lascos912(m): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
I can't stand who smells,does not use pef or uses an offensive pef like all those cheap pef of 2k,or has mouth and dying odour. I can't stand it,out of 5 ppl walking on the road ,street,3 have stinky body odour. ,i have sat with albino b4 and even had a gist with them. They are normal. Just that some smell
using pef doesn't really mean u are neat

2 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
Brandonx:
Truth is Nigerians see an Albino as less human.
I really don't know people treat them with disgust.

2 Likes

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by omoharry(f): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2021
Mariangeles:
The way they even portray them in our movies make matters worse for them. Like an object of ridicule not worthy of any respect.
If stares could kill, no albino would exist.
Then, there’s a Nigerian tribe that has this superstitious belief of a pregnant woman most likely to birth an albino child if she stares too much at an albino.

According to some reports, they’re are even hunted and killed like animals for some kinds of ritual in some African countries.
Ya! I read about that too ..I think Botswana and Tanzania kill Albinos for rituals purposes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Parents, Don't Use Your Kids As Your Retirement Plan. / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After 12 Years Of Waiting / My Wife Calls Her Family For Everything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.