Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Life As An Albino (my Experience) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life As An Albino (my Experience) (26400 Views)

Rockwell Albino Meme: Mother, Patricia Williams Cries Out / Taiwo And Kehinde Olateju Twins: Albino And Dark Twins (Photos) / Family Photos Of An Albino And A Black Wife With Their Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by eagleonearth(m): 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
GraciousGod190:
I don't know if this is the right section for this post, but With tears in my eyes am making this write up.

I prepared for Church early this morning, so as to meet first service on time, on getting to the road I stopped a tricycle (keke napep) to take me to my Church.

A man stopped the keke driver, he was a very fair man (albino) putting on a well ironed chinos trouser and a clean white shortleve. At first the kekeman didn't want to stop, I was the one who touched him, that can't you see your been stopped? Before he held his break.

The man walked a few steps and came and sat down beside me, (saying good morning) which I responded with a welcoming face. While we were going I was pressing my phone, still looking at the time...then the keke driver stopped for another passenger, the woman came with his two kids, as soon she made to enter, she saw the albino, immediately she stopped, told the keke driver to keep going (muttering that space won't contain her both children)

I was surprised, because I saw the whole thing, but I kept quiet, not up to 2min the keke driver stopped again for an elderly woman (about 65years old) as soon as she saw the albino in the back seat, she waved her hand to the keke driver, he should go on.

All this while, I was sad, the happiness and joy in me going to Church this morning just died, I felt it..... the fairman stopped at the next intersection, which he paid his fare, but I can see the expression on his face, the shame, the embarrassment (he couldn't even looked at my face).

I can't help to think about the bias treatment from this white FOLKS towards we black men. When we don't even love and respect one another.

You see TRIBALIST war online, fight amongst ourselves Daily.

At first, I didn't want to talk about it but please let's treat each other's right, Irrespective of our personalities.

I bet this is some kind of village where this happened.
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by kechywillz(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
We don't discriminate albinos in the east,we see dem as white people cheesy

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
I'm extra neat,I have close to 30 boxers,all branded,10 singlets, 9 white inner shirts,tons of unworn clothes,jeans,sneakers, all my clothes are well ironed,starched and stored u can't even get close to money 1 bit. Stop hating,I
And who told you that your mouth doesn't smell?

Or do you want us to tell you?
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by lastchild: 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
i have a friend whom his sexual fantasy is to have sex with albino

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2021
kechywillz:
We don't discriminate albinos in the east,we see dem as white people cheesy
Not true,many in the East discriminate against them..

You don't walk in their shoes..

So,you don't know what they are going through..

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by GraciousGod190: 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
FlipModeSquade:

Thanks for this.

Many people attacking me, some sharing fake sympathy.

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
I wonder why this thread isn't getting enough traffic. It seems Africans don't want to know why they are still slaves in 2021.

The first to discriminate among themselves and still do so in 2021.
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by BePrepared: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
You re poor and bitter,better go and .ake money while it's still bright foo l
God isn't dirty,neither does God ha e an offensive smell,that smell is from demons and the devil himself.

I'm suspecting you ain't up to 18
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Babara1994(m): 6:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
I can't stand who smells,does not use pef or uses an offensive pef like all those cheap pef of 2k,or has mouth and dying odour. I can't stand it,out of 5 ppl walking on the road ,street,3 have stinky body odour. ,i have sat with albino b4 and even had a gist with them. They are normal. Just that some smell
I'm very sure you stink.
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by snarkynehne(f): 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
I'm extra neat,I have close to 30 boxers,all branded,10 singlets, 9 white inner shirts,tons of unworn clothes,jeans,sneakers, all my clothes are well ironed,starched and stored u can't even get close to money 1 bit. Stop hating,I
Hehe let me guess, you took your mother's phone to type all these trash abi?... My friend go and read your book jare, this place is not for you
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sorry guys im back after Nairaland ban ,as usual
Albinism consists of a group of inherited abnormalities of melanin synthesis. Melanin is a pigment in the skin, eyes and hair that protects us by absorbing ultraviolet rays from the sun to prevent skin damage. With exposure to the sun, the skin tans because melanin pigments increase in our skin. In albinism, however, there is an inborn (or congenital) reduction or absence of melanin in the skin. In addition to the skin, melanin is important to other areas of the body, such as the eyes and brain. It is a lifelong condition and it occurs in other animals.

What causes albinism?
Albinism results from defective production of melanin from its constituent building block units. An error in a complex pathway leads to the low production of melanin or in some cases, no production at all. Albinism is hereditary and the most common forms are autosomal recessive, which means that the genes responsible for its occurrence need to be present in both parents (carriers) who are typically not albinos themselves.

What are the types of albinism?
There are different ways of classifying the different subtypes of albinism, some of which are based on one’s genetic code or DNA and the error leading to the reduction or absence of melanin. Broadly, albinism can:

Affect the eyes only, called Ocular albinism (OA). The skin and hair may be minimally lighter than the other members of the family but it is restricted to the eyes which are often bluish in colouration.
Affect the eyes and skin, called Oculocutaneous albinism (OCA).
Albinism may also affect the skin and other organ systems; including the brain and the nerves of the spinal cord. Oculocutaneous albinism (OCA) is the most common form of albinism.

Who is affected?
Albinism affects around 1 in 20000 people across the globe with some areas having as many as 1 in 2000 people with albinism. It occurs in all races, occurs equally in men and women, and is present all over the world. It is typically discovered at infancy.
that many Nigerians with albinism live in poverty and cannot afford education and basic healthcare.

A relatively few cases of attacks against persons with albinism have been reported.

“A study conducted in 2018 found 50 percent of persons with albinism interviewed process mental health issues. Another discovery concluded that in South-West Nigeria, negative myths greatly affect how persons with albinism are treated in sexual relationships. Individuals with albinism are also treated as outcasts, and in the field of employment

“Many who have managed to secure jobs work in special interest organizations. It is discovered that when a person with albinism own a corporation, the government may intervene by employing another individual without albinism in order to avoid poor business outcomes resulting from discrimination
Humans with Albinism often face some difficulties being ridiculed and discriminated. In some African regions, albino women might even be associated with witchcraft.

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by snarkynehne(f): 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2021
Lostchild:

Na your mama and papa reject me?

Mosdii was very right when he keep saying that Nigeria women are useless.
See this ode coming here to spew trash oh... For your mind you are making sense, guy geddifok outta here
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Misternas89(m): 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
Stop hating yourself foo l,u are only creating problems,go find someone else to mention,I am worth millions, drop your acct details and let me be your donor.
Mr cooker oat, abeg shey I fit drop mine too sir At least make I use the money refill my gas. Tainkyu

1 Like

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Misternas89(m): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
i926:

Call me a racist, but I don't enter Keke with those Muslim women that covers everywhere. I no dey try am.

The fear of bomb is the beginning of wisdom.
Na that stupid thing wey u dey take dey affects ur reasoning. Pun intended tho
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Truvelisback(m): 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
GraciousGod190:
I don't know if this is the right section for this post, but With tears in my eyes am making this write up.

I prepared for Church early this morning, so as to meet first service on time, on getting to the road I stopped a tricycle (keke napep) to take me to my Church.

A man stopped the keke driver, he was a very fair man (albino) putting on a well ironed chinos trouser and a clean white shortleve. At first the kekeman didn't want to stop, I was the one who touched him, that can't you see your been stopped? Before he held his break.

The man walked a few steps and came and sat down beside me, (saying good morning) which I responded with a welcoming face. While we were going I was pressing my phone, still looking at the time...then the keke driver stopped for another passenger, the woman came with his two kids, as soon she made to enter, she saw the albino, immediately she stopped, told the keke driver to keep going (muttering that space won't contain her both children)

I was surprised, because I saw the whole thing, but I kept quiet, not up to 2min the keke driver stopped again for an elderly woman (about 65years old) as soon as she saw the albino in the back seat, she waved her hand to the keke driver, he should go on.

All this while, I was sad, the happiness and joy in me going to Church this morning just died, I felt it..... the fairman stopped at the next intersection, which he paid his fare, but I can see the expression on his face, the shame, the embarrassment (he couldn't even looked at my face).

I can't help to think about the bias treatment from this white FOLKS towards we black men. When we don't even love and respect one another.

At first, I didn't want to talk about it but please let's treat each other's right, Irrespective of our personalities.

Black man, Black sense.
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by aysnoopy(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
AlexB300:
this guy grin grin
Lol. Weytin I do oo? grin cheesy
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Donshegxy10(m): 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
People with albinism are wonderful people, I am one and I don't face discrimination, I am well loved everywhere I go and I make friends easily.

It is true that Nigerians discriminate a lot ....
We must love and respect each other despite the differences.
I like people judging me based on what I can offer not because of my skin colour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by kechywillz(m): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2021
FlipModeSquade:

I don't believe that oh,I have many albinos in my hood who we adore as if there are white,I have never seen any of them been discriminated
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Loyalty100: 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
Cokahot:
Stop hating yourself foo l,u are only creating problems,go find someone else to mention,I am worth millions, drop your acct details and let me be your donor.
boss I dey loyal make I drop aza
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by PattyMike(m): 12:24am On Sep 29, 2021
Cokahot:

What a disgrace lol. Are u richer than Elumelu or otedola or Adenuga I don’t understand? when you meet these billionaires in person there is no atom of arrogance. Yet some people with 5-10 ill gotten million will spit on you. From how this one spoke u will know he’s from a very very impoverished lineage and God just butter him bread. How will u brag about having 30 boxers. grin I can’t count mine and I’m not even a millionaire (like you) hahaha.
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by MisterKennedy(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
GraciousGod190:

Very nice post dear

Well done
Re: Life As An Albino (my Experience) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:53am On Dec 06, 2021
GraciousGod190:

Sighs. And this guy calls me an attention seeker. On the other account you were married, on this one you're an albino. grin grin

Wahala o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After 12 Years Of Waiting / I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. / Woman Who Gave Birth To Quadruplets After 15 Years, Celebrates Their Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.