Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage (51936 Views)

My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age / After 15yrs, I'm Still Haunted, Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ahnie: 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Amanda4life:

PRIVATE SCHOOL IS TOUGH.

YOU YOUR SELF , YOU ARE NOT FINANCIALLY OKAY THATS WHY SHE CANNOT LEAN ON YOU FINANCIALLY.

OR YOU ARE NOT OPEN TO HER IN TERMS OF YOUR INCOME, AND YOU ARE NOT SUPPORTING MUCH FINANCIALLY, THATS WHY SHE DONT TRUST YOUR FINANCE, YOU HID YOUR EARNING S, SHE BUILDING FINANCIAL SECURITY AROUND HER SELF.
BECAUSE , YOU ONLY SPEND ON THE CHILDREN, YOU DONT INCLUDE HER IN YOUR PLAN, SHE IS JUST TRYING TO BUILD HER OWN WALL.
YOU ARE NOT OPEN TO HER, YOU DONT TELL HER TRUTH, SHE HAS DETECTED A LOT OF LIES FROM YOU. YOU HAVE HIDDEN A LOT OF THINGS FROM HER AND SHE HAS FOUND OUT.

YOU TELL HER LIES A LOT, SO SHE DOESN'T TRUST YOU. SHE HATES LAIRER.

JUST TRY TO CHANGE

SHE IS HARD WORKING
You must be the wife your response is a pointer to my observation.

1 Like

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

I have actually suggested d house maid issue she totally oppose it
And me I dey fear make she no go kill person pikin

Omo. Same reason I may never have a house help. Even if I must, it must never be a small girl. She must be matured, so that if my wife wan wicked or maltreat her, she fit carry frying pan, break my wife head one day grin

1 Like

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by neonly: 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I concur! undecided

Neonly, I agree with this poster as there seems to be something you are not telling us... undecided

Like I said in other post yes they are a lot of other issues I didn't mention just said basically what transpired it very deep yes very deep
But atleast I have been trying g to make it work and it very frustrating
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
Gaddafih001:

I have been married for 10 years and will be divorced by this weekend.
My mother Inlaw is the one trying to decide my fate in this marriage.
My wife goes out by 5:30 daily and comes home by 9:00pm.
What the kids eat or wears is not her concern.
I have tried to shout and beat her but she wan use dagger kill me.
I reported to the mum and she’s threatening my life.
I was sick for 8 months and she never gave me water to drink,gave me food nor even said sorry.
She was busy telling people that she’s waiting for me to die so she can wear white and move on.
She no send me.
For me,it’s better I stay far and be looking at her than to die in silence because I don’t want people to know I am having problem.
I can shout it anywhere say my madam wan kpai me ooooo.
Women no dey see your face.
Know this and know peace.
You might not survive the next 5 years.
Discharge her and build up yourself again.
You only have your life to save.

I never expected this line. Sorry bro, but sometimes, divorce is the only way out

1 Like

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by neonly: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
ityP:

Omo. Same reason I may never have a house help. Even if I must, it must never be a small girl. She must be matured, so that if my wife wan wicked or maltreat her, she fit carry frying pan, break my wife head one day grin

1 Like

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Alphafarms(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
Albertone:

I had to re-read to know If OP is the wife or husband.
Omooo OP na the husband oo.

If she is not the breadwinner of the house and she is doing this,you have not been the man of the house.Being a man is not just by having dick o.It is by being able to control the home.

You have sense
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
Prettychild:

Lol! Your wife is calm, if you jam babe wey tear, na the two of you go dey cheat at the same time, nothing go happen

Well, na me be man for the house. The moment I find out, she's out of my home. Men who like cheating wives, go marry am after sad
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Aurelius1(m): 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

40"s
Bros your wife is only exhibiting the traits of women who are in their 40s and approaching menopause. They become very independent and bossy. In the home, they are the mummy of the house ( to both the children and the man). Her opinion stands in terms of decorations, food, clothes for the kids and other little things. They only thing she expects from her man is to provide money for the home and to assist in one two things. At this age, they feel they've gotten most of what any woman wants in life ( kids, a husband and a home) and as such nothing fazes them. At this age also, they tend to be more religious. Most of them experience a decreased sex drive, while a few tends to experience the opposite.
Just see her as a mother and your problem is solved. If you want exert you authority on her at that age, you would end up breaking your home.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Here's what a marriage like that looks like..

We are waiting for the other man. We will hear his story for this same nairaland. Na so e dey start. Eye go soon clear am
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

Like I said in other post yes they are a lot of other issues I didn't mention just said basically what transpired it very deep yes very deep
But atleast I have been trying g to make it work and it very frustrating
So you know the possible reason why your wife has been acting the way she has been acting towards you? undecided

Does she act the same way with the kids? undecided
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2021
ityP:
We are waiting for the other man. We will hear his story for this same nairaland. Na so e dey start. Eye go soon clear am
Don't hold your breath though undecided
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2021
Chinny024:

If that's the only issue, it can be amended.. Get a house girl or boy..When she's at work,the person would be doing one or two things while you both are at work...
Apart from infidelity, I don't think you have a valid reason for a divorce here.. Or you want a house wife?....Your marriage lack proper communication..Two of you should plan together..
Oga,get a helper for her and have your peace..Shalom!!!!
She's your wife and deserve the Best in her career!!!
Period!!!!
If she's a house wife,you will still complain of having too many load on your back,head,and stomach... Nawa for men sef.....

There should be a law in naija to mitigate this. Why will someone carry a boy or a girl to be house help? And from what you said, the boy or girl no go dey go school? Chai. If my wife even thinks of this, she go hear am. If we must have a help, it must be someone who is through with school or a matured woman
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:37pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

Bro's I even told her d Bible say love yur husband has you love him
Just imagine she just got home now since 7am to 5,05pm not even a greet just straight to her room as it nothing is happing
Well Anger don dey build up now make I just waka go my friends place

If you don't want to divorce or separate, can't you find one sweet, sexy lady to be giving you joy? You want to die before your time abi? Continue
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Kennyprince: 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
siofra:
Na mumu dey marry.

Your parents are all mumu.

Nonsense!!!
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
theamazonguru:

Nice article.
Beautiful theory.
Let me ask, are you married?

If you answer yes.
Then honestly I applaud you, because that simply means you are speaking from experience and mostly what you do too.
But if you are not, bros forget it all these you wrote is beautiful only on paper.

Yes I agree, you and your wife are solely responsible for the success of your marriage. But if woman ever show you their true color sorry is your case.

Even if you are rich so to say and you settle all the bills to the last Kobo,but for one reason or the other you can't afford something as little as N500, woman can make you look like you are highly irresponsible and not fit to be a husband. Only GRACE will help you not to be depressed.
This is coming from a man with about 12 years marriage experience. Yet we still never understand what exactly those breeds called "women" want.

Op come here let's talk.
For me come rain come shine
I have decided never to be moved. No retreat,no surrender.
I always tell her, we both signed up for better for worse so no one is going nowhere.
Hahahahahahahaha.
I make it work.

So what am I saying, do what you can do to make that marriage work.
Do what makes you happy in the marriage.

I dey the same compound with one couple , I admire the wife so much, so respectful and all. But the day I hear say she dey show her husband pepper any time they have a misunderstanding, na to enter the kitchen carry knife flash am for husband. The oga go just run enter him room lock door,na till the next day oga go show face.
Is yours this bad?

Another couple in the same compound, I hear say oga's wife no sabi cook soup , so na only indomie she dey serve oga chidi.
So to avoid wahala and too much shout every day, oga Chidi go branch bar and some nice kitchen , settle himself before he enter house.
If madam serve am the normal indomie he go just use style eat small unto say he is not too hungry.

So is your wife an indomie wife too?

See, every marriage has its own perculiar challenges.
You will never know what's happening in the other family until it degenerates so much to the point where both party will begin to shalaye for the whole to hear and know how bad the other partner is.

Boss,my advice is this:
Hold your ground .
Be the man.
Take it to God in prayers.
Be determined the marriage will work, hence you have the responsibility to make it work.
And lastly, DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY as an individual. But don't sin against God in the process.
Even if it means staying back late at work, coming in late.
Taking vacations and all that to make yourself happy.
Whatever you can do, please do.

Like you rightly asked, what will be the fate of those kids?
Don't expose them to lion and leopard of this world.
Sacrifice for their sake.

The only ground I would suggest you divorce is the same ground for which the bible permits it - infidelity.
I will also add this, DIVORCE her if and only if your life is threatened.
Anything outside this, baba na for better for worse oh.

Peace.

No be problem be this abeg. If my wife's only issue is that she can't cook soup, I will also be frequenting one Calabar restaurant downtown. I will also reduce the money for food I leave at home. As for the children, they should manage the indomie. It contains essential vitamins for their daily nutritional needs. Man cannot come and kill himself

1 Like

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Look, no two marriages are created the same and no two individuals in a marriage are exact copies of themselves. You and your wife are meant to design your own marriage in a way that works for you, not go around comparing yourselves to others out there. undecided

Die to your ego if you must and learn to grow rather than destroy your marriage over petty things such as what you listed here. undecided

If your wife can't cook, you do the cooking. You walk into marriage with your pride first, you will eventually exit the same way. undecided

If my wife can't cook, she should buy data, enter YouTube and learn. If she doesn't, Calabar restaurant go tire for my face
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by neonly: 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So you know the possible reason why your wife has been acting the way she has been acting towards you? undecided

Does she act the same way with the kids? undecided

Yes d one that is very close to me
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
duality:

Do you ever advise ladies?

Your pattern reveals so much about you.

LoL. No mind am. Na men wey dey listen to her advice I dey pity

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
ityP:
If my wife can't cook, she should buy data, enter YouTube and learn. If she doesn't, Calabar restaurant go tire for my face
How old are you? undecided
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
theamazonguru:

Lol. Leave that guy.
I can infer 100 things about him already.

We know their types.
They think marriage is theory and hence they can easily sit behind their keyboard and dish out advice. Awon chief adviser of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Hahahahaha.

Nonsense and Buhari.

I hear say na woman be that. I doubt say na man sef
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:
Yes d one that is very close to me
If you are saying she treats your child the way she treats you, then I hope you will please seek professional counseling soonest, at least for the kids sake, look to resolve the communication issue and hopefully the marriage as well. undecided
Ofcourse also for the sake of your mental health undecided
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
Prettychild:

Lol! That means you have issues with your wife cheating. If you don’t have issues with your wife cheating, then she should be able to to cheat anywhere, be it in your home or her father’s house. Most guys can’t take 20% of what they dish to others smh

Na guys dey marry, na why
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

grin grin grin
I quite understand this was the home you came from. You father is/was the "alpha and the omega". Hahaha. Fortunately for him, the society suppressed your mother, and she was over used. No wahala. The same mentality, you have. Do not worry.

Unfortunately for you now, women have woken up. Oga, congrats. Please, do not change. I need you do exactly like your papa. Continue. And be the "Lord Luggard" of your house...and say...oh well, she can bring advice too. Lol. I have nothing to say to you.

One thing I am sure of. You will spend your old age alone. Take it. You will definitely be a lonely man. Dont worry. Continue. And let me tell you another issue...you will definitely have children with many women. You will be FFK. You see how that man is living a reckless life? A man who should concentrate on his first set of daughters and be their rock is busy holding fixing to a set of triplets diapers. Lol. That is exactly how your life will soon be. Dont worry.

Continue. Be the alpha and the omega of your home. And keep saying it that it is the way God made it. Na the woman who sees you and didnt notice it go suffer am. But mark my words, you will pay times 10.

Now , let us talk about the way God made it in the garden of Eden. God is not wicked. He gave them food in the garden. He did not give the woman a work. Just to comfort the man. It is not good for a man to be alone is what the Bible says. She is a companion first before being a helper. The woman no dey wash clothes in the garden. Abi she dey wash? The woman no dey hustle round hine things. In fact, Adam was taking care of the home, and the business. God did not give Eve a job to do. He gave it to Adam. And God did not say Eve should be a dummie to Adam. Cos if she was a dummie, she wouldn't talk to the serpent. She made decision also. So, oga, you can see that God's way was freedom. He didn't say the man is alpha and the omega. I dont know where you saw that in your Bible. But you guys twisted the Bible. And I dont blame you. You saw it in your papa, and you automatically think it is the right way. This is exactly your father. I think you need to visit a psychiatric to help you.

Goodluck!

Goan read the book of Proverbs chapter 31 and see the duties God wants women to take care of in the home. Stop capping abeg
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by emmyyoung688: 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
omooba969:

With separation, both will definitely feel differently about their marriage after the short separation. Whether or not there was a solid foundation may not help.

It's helpful to engage husband and wife in talking about their problems rather than trying to run away from their shadows...in the guise of temporary separation.
but temporal separation will make the both parties think straight and search their concience to see if they had things the right way and also to weigh the pros and cons of letting go.....in summary every body eye go see clear...it's a good recipe to treat constant reoccurring disagreement in marriage....
bro .no matter how tight you hold something..you may still loose it so let it slide,if it's for you it has a way of coming back..... marriage no by force...
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by AnonymousBabaa: 9:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
Op,Firstly I need to commend you for taking your time to share your story on this platform. Secondly,I really feel sorry for you ! I hardly comment on this platform but some comments (both good and bad) from some readers made me.

I'm so touched by your story,I could feel you deeply, I could even feel things you couldn't mention,I even felt some happenings right before you later mention them on another page. I have read all the pages of the comments written by everyone,i learned one or two things from the commentators even though I already knew the best solution to your issue.

I appreciate your temperament all though,it says one or few things about you psychologically.
I'm a happily married man,blessed with 3 grown-up kids,living in my own house (not an average Duplex house).

Op and other readers should be wary of comments from @Kobojunkie,@gayman99,@Amanda4life,@EJEHSON and their likes ! Something is not right about them,if you were to know them well enough,then you will know they are not living right,they are with their own issues,issues greater than yours !

And Kudos to good minded commentators,countless of them,I will like to mention @Somblaq ,@SimplyFacts,@ityP,@generalwo,@grandlexuz,@Angeldemon,@mazizitonene ,@Mayflowa ,they have got the brains and the good minds needed to render a healthy advice.
Also,@tempex88 made a good point when he said "I experienced something similar but didn't get that complex ''. Indeed yours is complex simply because you didn't act like a real man and because you didn't act timely ! These are two different things !! And it is now even beyond professional counseling and all that,because you have been there and it didn't work. It is just too late right now. The writing is on the wall,so open your mind to the reality and the eventuality !

@pappilo also made a sensible point when he said "Your children will be perfectly fine. I held on too long to something that was finished for the sake of my children but it eventually fell apart at great financial, emotional and liberty cost." Indeed eventually down the line,that's what will eventually happen to you,whether you want it or not. Or in a worse scenario,it could be worse,I pray it doesn't lead to an early grave. AMEN !

I think you have lost the battle,hence quit the toxic marriage,because there are already many red flags coming from your wife. I would have loved to mention them all here right now,but i cant due to my time. By and large,to me,she is no longer your wife,she is already a stranger,you don't even know her again,if you think you still know her,then you are lying to yourself,deceiving yourself.

I think you didn't act like a real man while she began growing wings,you really condoned her lapses and excuses,and this brought you to this present stage.
If you were my friend,my brother,a friend's friend,or even a strange,based on your narrative and base on how i have been able to connect with you psychologically and spiritually,there is only one solution,the hard way the only way,Let her go off the hook because she is already a "goner" ! Open your mind,open your eyes,there are so many red flags you are not paying attention to ! I pray it doesn't cost you your life,I really pray !
I sent a nairaland email message request to you but you are yet to acknowledge it.
I wish I could have a private talk with you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
grandlexuz:

I have read a few of your posts on nairaland and do enjoy how insightful you are on a bunch of things. However I totally disagree at bolded. That society in general expects the man to toast the woman, propose, pay the bride price in our African context means the union the forging has roles.

I don't know about Nigeria but in Cameroon roles are spelt out at the civil registry. If a lady created a topic on nairaland with claims of paying the rents and feeding her home for two years while the husband occupies with work and church, bringing nothing home from his job you definitely will tag him as failing in his role.

I was married for over a decade and 60% of the time I ran market duties and laundry for the home. I did out of love to lessen the strain and burden at the time. I am certain at your home if you had friends coming over your wife will do the cooking. That's a role. I am sure monthly food planning at home is done by your wife too. That's a role.

As per the OP I see everything wrong when he returns from work to market, cook and do laundry while his wife leaves from work to church with earnings that do nothing to folster the wellfare of her home. I accept with you on the need for professional counselling and dialogue to save his marriage but that too is because the wife is lacking in her role to build her home.

This is just the truth abeg. I cannot be the one to pay bride price, use my life savings to marry, rent house, buy food, put woman inside, and she expects me to be the one to do house chores? Mbanu. It's not done

3 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by BESTScientist1: 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Typical akamu brain. They never ask reseanable questions about your progress, NEVER!!!

ufotty2001:
I have a girlfriend all what she think of is how she will collect money from me and career.. !!! She has never ask me how is business? How is life?? How are you managing... All are calls are complain that she need this or that..
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
generalwo:
.... Then sadly speaking senior bros, maybe it's time to let go for the sake of your kids.... It's better for kids to grow up in a broken home than for them to grow up seeing their parents constantly unhappy..... Since all avenues to make her see reasons have failed then maybe it's time to let go..... My baby's mum was just like that... We were not married though but since I had a good job and she got pregnant, I felt we could have the baby and get married later (which would have been the greatest mistake ever)...... Initially all was fine and rosy but some red flags came up wen she got pregnant..... She stopped doing stuff at home... Became seriously materialistic..... Drove me to multiple debts and depression... Denies me sex and most of all.... Disrespects me and my parents..... For Both of us to live long, we had to go our separate ways.... Now we have a good relationship... I take care oof my daughter and me and the mother are just like normal friends...... Both of you deserve peace and happiness..... No let any woman drive you to depression.......... I wish you all the best sir... For the sake of your kids....

I can't stress this enough
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
Mayflowa:

Kobojunkie, these are not about compromise or collaboration. The wife abhors those two words that would make a marriage work. She doesn't spend for the house and does not care for the household chores. What do you want him to salvage? Another thing that would make a man do home chores is appreciation. There are many way a wife can lure her husband into doing everything for her. It comes from appreciation, romance, praises and bedworks, not by challenge and rights. You must remember men grow up differently from women. There are things a husband would not watch a woman do at home. So also women should feel about men doing something. As good and understanding husband, we should endeavor to help but we shouldn't be mandated to do them, especially if we make provision for the household.

Omo. This talk don finish matter
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
ahnie:

You must be the wife your response is a pointer to my observation.

Your sense of deduction is second to none cheesy
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Don't hold your breath though undecided

Ok
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ityP(m): 10:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How old are you? undecided

Forget about my age. There's no delicacy in this world that can not be learnt. I never watched my mother cook since I was born. Everything I cook and eat at home,I learnt from YouTube. There's one Igbo lady's channel I learnt how to cook very sweet egusi soup. My mama came home and tasted my egusi soup and swore a lady cooked it. If my wife cannot learn how to cook, better still, she should become the husband in providing EVERYTHING materially for the home, while I cook and clean and watch film sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Man Turns slowpoke After Impregnating Daughter Twice (pics) / I Do What My Husband Wants, Because It Has Made Us Rich / Police In London Brought Out Yoruba Police Officer To Warn Yoruba Women. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.