Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,484 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London (51740 Views)

A Woman Brought 2 Spoons For My Husband At Work / Woman Divorced Her Husband For Buying A Car / Lady Receives The Shock Of Her Life 3 Years After She Divorced Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Tokotaya: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
Microsecondnews Reporter 5 mins read

Friends defend Nigerian lady who ‘divorced’ her husband at Airport in London upon arrival

The dramatic case of a Nigerian man, Henry Osah, who arrived in the United Kingdom with his kids to reunite with his wife but was dumped at the airport by the wife who only took the kids with her is continuing to generate reactions.

Even as the lady in question has spoken up to defend her actions, a number of her friends are also speaking up in her defence.

At least one of the friends, Peace Obule, felt so strongly about the case that he prayed that the man would be deported back to Nigeria, adding that even then it would not be enough for what he did to his wife when she was with him in Nigeria.

The story was broken on an online community for Nigerians in the UK by a lady with the Twitter handle @jayydubby.

She wrote:

“Hello everyone,

A family friend of mine is in urgent need of a job with sponsorship. Last month, he arrived in the UK with his children as dependents and his wife went to pick them up at the airport and asked to see their children’s passports, which he handed over without any suspicion. She then told him that their marriage was over and wanted nothing to do with him. She took their children and abandoned him at the airport. He just come to the UK for the first time to join his wife, who came last year to study. He helped pay her fees and sold off everything he had to join her.

Today, the Home Office sent him a letter saying that he has until 1st of January, to return to Nigeria. He has nothing to go back to and may never see his children again.

I am pleading with anyone who can help him with a job referral so that he can stay and fight for his children. If you know of any job openings or can put him in touch with someone who might be able to help, please reach out to me. I would be incredibly grateful. 🙏🏼😥.”

Letter from the Home Office to the estranged husband. He must leave by January next year unless he finds a job.
Many netizens reacted to the post with cynicism, insisting that the marriage must have broken down before now for a woman to take that action.

JayDubby responded:

“For those saying it’s unbelievable, these are some of their chats before he travelled. They never quarrelled. She feigned happiness and was even asking which soup he would like to eat.
A Twitter user with the handle @tiffanyibeh responded with some venom, accusing JayDubby of not telling the whole truth.

She wrote: “A family friend of yours ?? And you want to say you Donno how he beats up his wife back in Nigeria?? He’s been beating her up for years!! And coming to the UK was her chance of getting freedom! She did what she did just to be with her kids again!”

When JayyDubby tried to rubbish her version of events, @tiffanyibeh responded:

“Do u want to see evidence of bruises? Do you want to listen to some recordings?? Long before he came those evidences got to the police already! Are you also aware he tried to hurt her at the airport again too My dear you are no family friend if u donno this story.”

@Jayydubby again wrote: “Lol. So that idea of her going to the airport in clutches was because of this?”

@tiffanyibeh: “She broke her leg! Evidence dey!!! No dey cap!!!”

@tiffanyibeh: “If you say you are a family friend and you don’t know this story then you are a liar! If you are not married yet may you marry a man like him.

Everyone is very much aware of how he hits his wife, down to his siblings and parents and they keep saying he’d change for years now! My dear you’d do exactly what she did if you were in her shoes.

Another friend @peaceobule also spoke up. He wrote:

“This Family friend named Henry Osah is a serial wife-beater and a manipulative husband. I’m deliberately not getting involved with this but if I’m pushed I will share receipts of his wickedness. Your family friend deserves everything that came to him. I hope he is deported to Nigeria.

How can Henry Osah use the kids as a bargaining chip with his wife. She struggled to go to the UK and since then you have held her to ransom. You deprived her access to the kids because you said if she doesn’t also help you to the UK, she wouldn’t see her kids.

The matter long.
https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2023/11/04/friends-defend-nigerian-lady-who-divorced-her-husband-at-airport-in-london-upon-arrival/

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by wittywriter: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
Domestic Violence is a No No.

If you are in such relationship or marriage kindly leave by either separation or divorce.
Don't die before your time.
sonyad:

Which Kain k leg story be dis. She dey UK, he dey naija and she dey show us bruise as evidence.
Was the beating via phone??
It's whatsapp and she must have shared/sent it with a friend/family when it happened hence made it available for a defence case for abandoning the man in UK...no brainer.
sonyad:

I repeat, story get k leg. There are lots of missing pieces.

With time the full story will emerge.

Then I give an opinion, if I have one

Wittyness.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by ahnie: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
I said it on the other thread...women don't just dump their husbands like that,she must have endured his toxicity for years.

We masked our feelings n hatred alot and always wait for the right time to strike, underestimate a woman at your own peril.

Immediately I read the topic,I already knew our bobo was a toxic
Person who must have dealt massively with his wife...some naija men and toxicity.

When you start hitting on your wife she channels all atom of love she has for you to the kids and that ends it all,she may be giving you her body,and patiently waiting for you to slip then she strikes.

If it were me....I would do same to him no hard feelings.

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Nov 04, 2023
Those supporting the man should help him with accommodation so he can begin properly fighting his case there in the UK. The woman does not want him living with her and also filed for divorce — this is, of course, assuming their marriage is registered in the courts. So long as the marriage is registered in the courts — not traditional marriage — all he can work for is to be allowed to stay in the UK and maybe fight for custody of his kids. If their union was a traditional one, then he should probably find ways to get money from his supporters to return to Nigeria. undecided

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by ahnie: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2023
I think she perfectly went Tyla on this man...she serve the breakfast Wella.

The man feelam... hopefully he gets deported back to Nigeria make he learn his lessons.

His experience would be the one day in his existence he'll not forget.
Ssshhhhhh

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Jeon(f): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2023
Men are very stupid. They think the bad seeds which they planted can never be harvested.

But why are they so quick to cry and playing the victim if the Woman is no longer interested ?. And all the other fools will be blaming /insulting the woman without knowing the past events in the Marriage.

Modified : Shout the fuvk to all Men who mentioned me ,If I made this statement in reverse as a man all those comments below won't and will never pump out

maasoap:

I'm sure that you discovered this early in life by observing your father's stupidity

LegallyBlunt:
Are you sure you're not the stupid one? The comment under yours said 'the man'. You're here generalizing about 'men' instead of attacking the single entity.

scrupulousblog:

Women are very STUPID

jogojogo:

I guess the way you talk anyhow, calling men names is how your mother talks to your father because certainly, I see you are product of a home where the father bullies the mother. Gey out here
allinf

pirazo:
How can you just make a blanket statement because one what you just read. Are all men like that? Why didn't you just direct the insult to the man in question?
Clearly you ha e forgotten that you father and brothers are men also.

Don't try to school me about anything, school yourself first and learn how to live with a woman.Also don't forget to pass some senses on to ur gender.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Nazgul: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
The man is very foolish. How can you be brutalizing your wife and not expect any kind of reaction from her? Like you beat her every now and then, and you're planning to relocate to a country where the rights of women are seriously protected by the law, and your relocation doesn't give you goosebumps?

Even Joseph in the Bible whom his brother's sold into slavery, when they discovered that he was now a powerful ruler and invited them to Egypt, they still met him secretly and pleaded with him that their father's dying wish was for him to forgive them. They knew what they did to him, and quickly apologized so that if he nursed any plans to deal with them, he'll abort immediately.

This is what this man should have done man if he was wise, he should have called his wife privately and beg her for forgiveness before she travelled, if possible kneel down sef. Let her use her mouth and tell him that she has forgiven him. Cos when you treat people badly, and the tables change, don't expect them to overlook what you did to them.

Besides, I don't even know how some men feel beating up a woman who can't fight back. Like you'd just keep punching and punching her, until you're tired or she collapses? That's horrible.

Anyways he has until January to find something doing, if he has skills, he might get something. Once he's back on his feet, he and his wife can iron things out.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Nice2023(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
ahnie:
I said it in the other thread...women don't just dump their husbands like that.

We masked our feelings n hatred alot and always wait for the right time to strike, underestimate a woman at your own peril.

Immediately I read the topic,I already knew our bobo was a toxic
Person who must have dealt massively with his wife...some naija men and toxicity.

When you start hitting on your wife she channels all atom of love she has for you to the kids and that ends it all,she may be giving you her body,and patiently waiting for you to slip then she strikes.

If it were me....I would do same to him no hard feelings.

If u treat ur wife and children well,u will see the woman loving u like mad. The man na mumu.

He was lured and he truly fell for it.

He doesn't treat his wife well and he wants to live abroad.

That man na animal.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by NwaNimo1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2023
Two wrongs = Right?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by donpapa(m): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Nahunger(m): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
grin
Watin concern me

4 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Angelfrost(m): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
I don't know the full story, but there can be no smoke without fire.

For a woman to take such a drastic action or hatch such a move, she has certainly left the marriage a long time ago.

There are a lot of marriages in Nigeria today being held by pretense and limited options on the part of either couple, more often than not the women.

That's why they never hesitate to break free once they enter nations that allow women exhale!

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by DKM123: 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
Ofcourse I knew it was more than meet the eye. Nigerian women wey like marriage pass food.... Suffering and smiling marriages and Naija women are a match made in heaven.

No Nigerian married woman married to a good man (I am using the term "good" loosely here cos some Nigerian women call thier toxic cheating husbands good) will dump him for no concrete reason. Talkless of doing so in a country where the earning of two adults will help the family to navigate the new territory.

She must have seen shege banza before she made that decision.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Judolisco(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
Make dem call 2 elderly people 4 their house settle d matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Luckysbab: 4:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
ahnie:
I think she perfectly went Tyla on this man...she serve the breakfast Wella.

The man feelam... hopefully he gets deported back to Nigeria make he learn his lessons.

I know you will relate perfectly with the situation. Make I no talk pass like that.

4 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
Judolisco:
Make dem call 2 elderly people 4 their house settle d matter
Settle what again? The man and the woman have both settled themselves already undecided

8 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
Jeon:
Men are very stupid. They think the bad seeds which they planted can never be harvested.

But why are they so quick to cry and playing the victim if the Woman is no longer interested ?. And all the other fools will be blaming /insulting the woman without knowing the past events in the Marriage.

Be like say your papa na woman

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Luckysbab: 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
Angelfrost:
I don't know the full story, but there can be no smoke without fire.

For a woman to take such a drastic action or hatch such a move, she has certainly left the marriage a long time ago.

If the reverse was the case, I'm sure you will talk down on the man. There's a name for that "women can do no wrong" syndrome.

He "enslaved and brutalized" her but somehow still allowed her to japa to a brighter future abi?

It's a good Nollywood script, I admit.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by funsho75(m): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by GloriousGbola: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
Only the man and the woman know the true story.

As a naija matter it is easy to make up stories after the fact.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by ahnie: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
Na alpha male....I nor pity ham one bit.
Nice2023:

If u treat ur wife and children well,u will see the woman loving u like mad. The man na mumu.

That man na animal.
cheesy
He was even using their kids as a bargaining chips

6 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Luckysbab: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nahunger:
grin
Watin concern me

Abi.

I tell you. Anybody wey dey find love from woman, anything him eye see, make he take am.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Sharpsharp00123: 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
A

1 Like

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by CodingSoft: 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

1 Like

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by chris4gold(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
London for women, kon try ham for Naija.

3 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by TruthsFM: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hmm Nawaoooo. I don’t understand this generation again seriously 😐

9 Likes

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Luckysbab: 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nice2023:

That man na animal.

So someone will be mumu enough to think the woman he allegedly beats will forgo everything and invite him to keep beating her in the UK?

You're dull, no apologies.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by 1Sharon(f): 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
Some men are anti-japa so they can have the freedom to beat their wives.

To add insult to injury, I'm certain he was beating his wife in front of the kids.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by Luckysbab: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

No kidding.

1 Like

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by ahnie: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
E be like say you dey craze abii ...I think your UseleSS sisters would relate perfectly with the situation.
Luckysbab:

I know you will relate perfectly with the situation. Make I no talk pass like that.
Anu-pama,I HAVE BN NOTICING YOUR STUPIDITY FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW.

Fvckterd now you have my attention. Any derogatory word you use on me,I would return the energy back to your mother and fuu-lish sisters.

Be like you want make Ogun kill you like the gutter rat you're this afternoon.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Friends Defend Nigerian Lady Who ‘divorced’ Her Husband At Airport In London by merrymike47(m): 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
It's a relationship matter, e no concern me

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Two Balls Have Suffered In The Hands Of My Wife, Man Cries Out / My Elder Brother's Wife Beat My Mum (Picture) / Lost Young Girl Found In Abeokuta, Ogun State. Please Let's Locate Her Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.