Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage (51892 Views)

My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age / After 15yrs, I'm Still Haunted, Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

Not abt sex or calming nerves it abt our behavior in front of d kids it very unhealthy

Stop replying Kobojunkie, she's a Die-hard NL feminist. She has no value to add to your home. Her words would make you feel that's how all women behave,,,, which isn't the fact. You need the help of a counsellor & not a feminist.

7 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Shokoloko(f): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

D Gods must have reveal dis to u
I swear any time am out of Lagos
I come back looking heather fresher happier
But before u know again depression come it and I being to loose weight
Dat not even d issue I can sacrifice anything to my family happiness but dis days is getting worst as if she know my weak point

It is not totally right to sacrifice yourself for family happiness. If anything happens to you family will adjust in less than 6 months.

If you leave are you planning to leave with the kids? They might be happier with you. Age is not on your side, I believe that after 40 people should try to make themselves happy.
At this point you need to either cling to your partner like never before or take a break from the relationship.
Your mental health is key.
You can only cling to your partner if she realises that this marriage is about to break and is willing to cling to you until the storm passes.

So you have to talk with your spouse? Ask her if she is tired? Let her know that you are tired as well. Ask her if she is willing to communicate and cross this stage. Then tell her what you do not like that she is doing and LISTEN to her reasons why she is doing it. If there is a stalemate, both of you should still come together and discuss how you plan to separate temporarily amicably.

4 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by RightToReject(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
From the connotation of your submission, your demeanor shows that you've always been a wannabe kind and wannabe libertarian man. On the other hand, the vices you enable from the inception of your relationship with her or the once you meted out against her have reared their ugly heads.

The solution to your marital problem glaringly lies in your hand.

4 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by 88natzy(m): 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=106218202] undecided
Look, no two marriages are created the same and no two individuals in a marriage are exact copies of themselves. You and your wife are meant to design your own marriage in a way that works for you, not go around comparing yourselves to others out there. undecided
You are wise. The highlighted, will never be taught anywhere for free.
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by jericco1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
ufotty2001:
I have a girlfriend all what she think of is how she will collect money from me and career.. !!! She has never ask me how is business? How is life?? How are you managing... All are calls are complain that she need this or that..

That's a leech
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by omooba969(m): 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
AlphaAlex:
Your situation is pathetic but anyway this is not the time to be emotional. You have to be very practical and put your foot down . If she’s not helping the marriage move forward call her to order and address the issue if she’s still disobedient then you kick her ass out and get A professional maid or something else. No allow any woman stress you with wahala you’re already providing for your kids the least she can do is make sure you’re okay too .

Very practical I must say !!!

1 Like

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Rubbiish(m): 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
ahnie:
Forget I love you in marriage.marriage is hard,forget being married to your best friend, marriage is hard!hard!!and hard!!!

I think marriage should be scrapped completely coz it's an unending pit....
Haba @ the bolded words
No be u cook sweet looking rice for hubby on a thread few days ago wey all of us con dey envy? Why u con dey yarn like this? I saw somewhere u stated u wan be feminist? Hope all is well sha...Abeg no let women like Kobojunkie mislead u o

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by neonly: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
wonderr:
Am sorry to ask this question hope she is not the one taking care of the most responsibilities at home?

Nope I do 99% on me
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by royalfly(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=106218202] undecided
So, you want to ruin your 15-year old marriage for the sake of your ego? undecided
■ You go to market
■ Cook
■ clean the house
■ wash the children uniform
So you do these things in your own home and you expect what, a medal? The person that used to do them before, I am guessing your wife, she no be human being like you? undecided

So your wife is interested in her career, and you are what? Against your "friend" doing well in her career or what? And let me guess, communication has degraded between you two and probably between your egos are butting heads at this point and rather than working on that, you are instead thinking of ways to end your relationship? undecided

Look, no two marriages are created the same and no two individuals in a marriage are exact copies of themselves. You and your wife are meant to design your own marriage in a way that works for you, not go around comparing yourselves to others out there. undecided
Die to your ego if you must and learn to grow rather than destroy your marriage over petty things such as what you listed here. undecided[/quo

Abeg,, u never marry am sure of that.. u dey try wan make sense but u are saying nothing.. there is a problem here don't try to twist it..
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by omooba969(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
Rubbiish:

Haba @ the bolded words
No be u cook sweet looking rice for hubby on a thread few days ago wey all of us con dey envy? Why u con dey yarn like this? I saw somewhere u stated u wan be feminist? Hope all is well sha...Abeg no let women like Kobojunkie mislead u o

Lol cheesy
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Gentlerespect76: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
okoroemeka:
when I told my father that I want to marry,he laughed and sat me down and asked me if I have seen him and my mother fight,I said no,he asked again if I have ever seen people come to settle dispute for them,I said no,he told me so long I have decided to get married I will be responsible for whatever happens,that I will never call him if we have problems obviously he will not come ,that it is me that will settle the dispute, asking strangers on nnairaland what you will do in your marriage is wrong,take the bull by the horns,talk to your wife,allow her to vent her anger so you might understand what went wrong,she is a woman,you can easily control her if you know how.

Wrong? How? Did he divulge their Identities (his own wife and children)? He has done nothing wrong here. He is only looking for a platform to get help. Well, you've ended up helping him yourself with your advice, exactly the reason why he came online.
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Octopusssy(f): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kestolove:
Divorce and marry another, responsible girls full area no husband
For your mind you don give advice, shey?
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Tinyemeka(m): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Op has yet to respond to those questions.. still waiting to read from him. undecided
Unless he opens up even more, there's no way of really telling. undecided

So how did you conclude that the reason OP was complaining about doing the house chores, groceries purchase, taking care of the kids and on top of all that, being the breadwinner, was because of his ego?

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by neonly: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
Shokoloko:

It is not totally right to sacrifice yourself for family happiness. If anything happens to you family will adjust in less than 6 months.

If you leave are you planning to leave with the kids? They might be happier with you. Age is not on your side, I believe that after 40 people should try to make themselves happy.
At this point you need to either cling to your partner like never before or take a break from the relationship.
You can only cling to your partner if she realises that this marriage is about to break and is willing to cling to you until the storm passes.

So you have to talk with your spouse? Ask her if she is tired? Let her know that you are tired as well. Ask her if she is willing to communicate and cross this stage. Then tell her what you do not like that she is doing and LISTEN to her reasons why she is doing it. If there is a stalemate, both of you should still come together and discuss how you plan to separate temporarily amicably.

On d contrary I have ask her if she tired abt d relationship and she said no with a smile on her face I can never forget d evening dat was one of d reason dat gave me hope abt us
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Amumaigwe: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:
Am not good writer please trying to make it short

Everything just falling apart in my house
Sometimes I hear some folks saying I will tolerate rubbish in marriage but honestly it easier say than done if it actually happen to you
Where did I get it wrong sef
We use to be good friends before church matter enter
Now she does nothing in the house
I go to work come back to go to market and cook clean the house wash the children uniforms for the younger ones

All she is interested now is her own career
What my fate when I grow old
Is this not a red flag for me
What will be the fate of my wonderful innocent children how will they feel not growing up with their mother and father together all these are pounding in my head
the issues are too much I can't type it all am really depressed but sha life goes on
But my children what will be their fate

That's the fate that befalls all so called "good" husbands. You take up domestic duties abandoned by your wife instead of reining her in as a real man, only to come online to threaten us with ending your marriage. It is men like you that demonize other men that insist on putting their wives in their place. Ironically, their own marriages flourish but that of wussies crumble.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by cobsol(m): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
Homeboiy:
The worst of it all be say the children go first buy their mama motor if they grow

Your own go be schnapps

No go kill your self o

Not any more
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by vickydevoka(m): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

Sometimes I hear some folks saying I will tolerate rubbish in marriage but honestly it easier say than done if it actually happen to you
I go to work come back to go to market and cook clean the house wash the children uniforms for the younger ones

What will be the fate of my wonderful innocent children how will theyj feel not growing up with their mother and father together all these are pounding in my head
the issues are too much I can't type it all am really depressed but sha life goes on
Divorce her fast. Emeka Ike did sane thing wen her wife chose pastor Chris okotie over their marriage
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Rubbiish(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
Somblaq:
One thing I understand with women is that women are tree, There grow based on how there are nutured.
Some men over pamper women and with that they can do rubbish and you will still beg them at last. Most of all these depends on the hand you gave her during ur early dating and marriage life. She may be doing some little rubbish that instead being bold to say I don't like this u were thinking she will change with time.
Bro just keep praying for her, there's nothing God can not do. I don't support divorce unless on the basis of adultery.
The bold is the major foundation cause of most marital issues people post here. A lot of men over pamper women in the early stage of marriage & during courtship, when they can no longer continue with the pampering, then problem set in, because the women are already used to it. Men should learn to be real
& be their true self from the on set.

4 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by gabicon: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

What will be the fate of my wonderful innocent children how will they feel not growing up with their mother and father together all these are pounding in my head

The problem here is not really the chores or church or career, the problem is break in communication. A home is a system of different components working together, to achieve success every component needs to be clearly defined as to how they will function. As a result of lack of communication the parties responsible for each component are doing what they deem right. I will advise you get professional help from a counsellor quickly, there is already resentment in the air, should this metamorphose to the next level, the marriage will be irredeemable. Get help soonest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
Tinyemeka:

So how did you conclude that the reason OP was complaining about doing the house chores, groceries purchase, taking care of the kids and on top of all that, being the breadwinner, was because of his ego?
The house is his and the children are also his. The only reason anyone would believe his/herself too big to do chores in his/her own home is the ego. undecided

1 Like

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by tbarrister(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bro this Is bitter but its the best advise.

You gotta let her go bro. You've totally lost the battle and somehow she knows you can't do anything about it and thats why she's acting this way. Its either you can't provide for the family or you're too weak but the best thing to do is to divorce and find a younger wife to marry . Think about your future bro. A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by neonly: 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Stop replying Kobojunkie, she's a Die-hard NL feminist. She has no value to add to your home. Her words would make you feel that's how all women behave,,,, which isn't the fact. You need the help of a counsellor & not a feminist.

I can handle anybody idea or yans bro's no bi me bring my yarsh come out side
Thks sha
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Shokoloko(f): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

On d contrary I have ask her if she tired abt d relationship and she said no with a smile on her face I can never forget d evening dat was one of d reason dat gave me hope abt us
So it is weird that she is answering such a serious question with a smile. She is supposed to be worried and curious: that question is pregnant.
But lets assume she is someone that smiles all the time
In that case you need to tell her that you are tired and unhappy. When people are about to lose something they either grab and hold it tight or they turn away. If you tell her. That will give her an opportunity to express herself.

I also feel that you are overwhelmed by the chores at home. You might need a househelp

3 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Gaddafih001(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na wa oh......May thunder never forget to fire anybody wey say marriage institution no hard pass normal higher institution shocked

Op,calm down first....In fact take a chili pill cool. It's definitely gonna be alright.......

Sometimes when I come across stories like this,I begin to wonder what really compels people to change after getting so close to each other...... People who are supposed to be the better halves of each other now becoming a bone in one partner's throat....No be so e suppose be na angry

Op,be a gentle man....Call her and sit her down.....Na you be the chairman of that family undecided. No dey mumu around simply because say your Banny get better hustling ground pass you undecided. Ginger up,be a man here bro undecided. Clear her all her fvck up and if she try jump up jump up,make sure say you treat her fvck up accordingly undecided
Na man you be.
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by vickydevoka(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kestolove:
Girls are always nice and good b4 marriage. As I'm talking to your my neighbor cooks n clean the house ever since the wife got a job of 50k. She contributes nothing, Even wen she receives the salary.

Buh na de sane man way de hail him wife b4 marriage. So sister , watin i understand for this life be say, if lion no chop goat, goat go chop grass. If husband is harsh now, de wive will be calm, if de wife is harsh de husband will be calm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kestolove:
They will turn irresponsible at the end
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided
[s]So, you want to ruin your 15-year old marriage for the sake of your ego? undecided
■ You go to market
■ Cook
■ clean the house
So you do these things in your own home and you expect what, a medal? The person that used to do them before, I am guessing your wife, she no be human being like you? undecided

So your wife is interested in her career, and you are what? Against your "friend" doing well in her career or what? And let me guess, communication has degraded between you two and probably between your egos are butting heads at this point and rather than working on that, you are instead thinking of ways to end your relationship? undecided

Die to your ego if you must and learn to grow rather than destroy your marriage over petty things such as what you listed here[/s]. undecided

Very useless comment full of assumptions!

3 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Gaddafih001(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
okoroemeka:
when I told my father that I want to marry,he laughed and sat me down and asked me if I have seen him and my mother fight,I said no,he asked again if I have ever seen people come to settle dispute for them,I said no,he told me so long I have decided to get married I will be responsible for whatever happens,that I will never call him if we have problems obviously he will not come ,that it is me that will settle the dispute, asking strangers on nnairaland what you will do in your marriage is wrong,take the bull by the horns,talk to your wife,allow her to vent her anger so you might understand what went wrong,she is a woman,you can easily control her if you know how.
Una never see movie...
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by omooba969(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Shokoloko:

@bolded, is often a recipe for disaster coz as interim separation helps to figure out if we indeed love/miss our partner, it also has the tendency to create a vacuum; presenting us with the chance to ponder better on reasons we don't need our partners anymore.

Very dicey!

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ravensckar(m): 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided
So, you want to ruin your 15-year old marriage for the sake of your ego? undecided
■ You go to market
■ Cook
■ clean the house

Die to your ego if you must and learn to grow rather than destroy your marriage over petty things such as what you listed here. undecided
The way I dey look you so, e no be like sey your head correct. angry angry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Dies Six Weeks After Her Wedding (photos) / My Husband Cannot Satisfy Me In Bed - 25-Year-Old Woman Divorces Husband / When Your Wife Says " I Hate You And I Regret Marrying You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.