Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage (51890 Views)

My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years / Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age / After 15yrs, I'm Still Haunted, Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
Shokoloko:
I was going to ask question about this: Her objection to the hiring of a maid . Seems strange that a working class woman would refuse help
It is indeed. OP and his wife need to communicate in order to understand what it is they are doing and where the ship is headed. undecided
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Amhappy(f): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2021
If you divorce na who go come take care of the children? Start from no more church except Sundays. Call the elders if necessary. Stamp your feet down
neonly:

I accept all u just said it OK part of advice
Hope u read my post well for the past 10yrs she been working no support to house welfare
Marriage is part of helping each other flaws but when the other person see it in a different way and start capitalise on it then wahala go dey
Why won't I wash my children cloths and cook for my wife be a complain no u getting wrong
This no dey gree do anything again na work and church be her poragative u right no communication again I have tried honestly but all talks and gist fall on deaf ears
My 2nd son seems to understand what is really going on and am afraid our issues don't him at school he woke early today and said he didn't want to go to school ask him y he said nothing with a sad face
They are reason am still putting on d relationship to make it work but honestly now am just tired
It better to have a broken home and be alive to see yur children grow than to be death
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Gaddafih001(m): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

I accept all u just said it OK part of advice
Hope u read my post well for the past 10yrs she been working no support to house welfare
Marriage is part of helping each other flaws but when the other person see it in a different way and start capitalise on it then wahala go dey
Why won't I wash my children cloths and cook for my wife be a complain no u getting wrong
This no dey gree do anything again na work and church be her poragative u right no communication again I have tried honestly but all talks and gist fall on deaf ears
My 2nd son seems to understand what is really going on and am afraid our issues don't him at school he woke early today and said he didn't want to go to school ask him y he said nothing with a sad face
They are reason am still putting on d relationship to make it work but honestly now am just tired
It better to have a broken home and be alive to see yur children grow than to be death
Now you are talking
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Shokoloko(f): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
omooba969:

With the prescription of separation, both will definitely feel differently about their marriage.

It's helpful to engage husband and wife in talking about their problems rather than trying to run away from their shadows...in the guise of temporary separation.

I agree. And that was why I said if they talk and come to a stalemate then they can separate temporarily.
Only one person cannot save a marriage

1 Like

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by SarkinYarki: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
ufotty2001:
I have a girlfriend all what she think of is how she will collect money from me and career.. !!! She has never ask me how is business? How is life?? How are you managing... All are calls are complain that she need this or that..

Cut off any lady that always call to complain of her problems ..E getvwhy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
BestJay:
The devil is really out against marriages now, please pray, talk with her and settle these things. It pains me when I hear of things like this.
Jesus Christ told you that marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 - so what makes you believe the devil is responsible for your the issues in marriages? undecided
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:
Am not good writer please trying to make it short

Everything just falling apart in my house
Sometimes I hear some folks saying I will tolerate rubbish in marriage but honestly it easier say than done if it actually happen to you
Where did I get it wrong sef
We use to be good friends before church matter enter
Now she does nothing in the house
I go to work come back to go to market and cook clean the house wash the children uniforms for the younger ones

All she is interested now is her own career

What my fate when I grow old
Is this not a red flag for me
What will be the fate of my wonderful innocent children how will they feel not growing up with their mother and father together all these are pounding in my head
the issues are too much I can't type it all am really depressed but sha life goes on
But my children what will be their fate
The questions are:

1. We was/were doing the highlighted part initially?
2 When did you take over?

Bro, if she had previously done it for 10 years or more before saying NO and a resounding capital NO to you; then, she is not at fault.

You asked what will be your future for doing the activities? The same question she had asked herself most likely before she said NO. She decided she was not going to take it again.

But then, you said she works and she makes money for herself. I do not not know if she had been working all the while before this trouble, and just being selfish.

Talk to yourself first before talking to your wife. If she had been doing it all, and her career was on the line; then, it is you who was selfish when she was doing it alone. But if you evaluate it all, and she has just been exactly like this all along; then, she is selfish. The other possibility is that the two of you are being flexing muscle against each other in the house. In this case, you are the one who asked for advice here, and you will be the one to first call her, and you both have a heart to heart talk where you share all responsibilities and activities 50 - 50.

If you cannot do 50 - 50, then, oga, I have no suggestion for you.

Goodluck!
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Awoleesu(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kestolove:
Divorce and marry another, responsible girls full area no husband

You deliberately decided to mislead the OP...
How do you define "responsible girls"?
And PS... Whatever your definition is, I can grant you in advance that it fits the character OP's wife used to have....

Moral of the instruction
:

They ( your ilk of " responsible girls" ), in their bid to desperately get a husband pretend to be willing and ready to slave it out for a man. Once they get the naive guy to sign and seal the deal, story line becomes "I'M NOT YOUR SLAVE, I'M YOUR WIFE"! shocked
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by omooba969(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
Shokoloko:

I agree. And that was why I said if they talk and come to a stalemate then they can separate temporarily.
Only one person cannot save a marriage

Unless one of them specifically states that they want out, I will favour 'meaningful engagement' on the problems over temporary separation.
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ahnie: 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
The number of marriages wey go crash this weekend ehn,may God airpus.
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Burgerlomo: 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Homeboiy:
The worst of it all be say the children go first buy their mama motor if they grow

Your own go be schnapps

No go kill your self o

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Gaddafih001(m): 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
[quote author=neonly post=106219589][/quote]
I was sick for 8 months and mine never said sorry,nor even give me just water to drink.
She took the pot from the kitchen to her room including the plates. I have to buy another pot so my sister that came to take care of me can cook for me.
I bought a new plate and she was still complaining that they should let me starve to death.
You are lucky you saw food sef.
I have seen things........

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Shokoloko(f): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
Amhappy:
If you divorce na who go come take care of the children? Start from no more church except Sundays. Call the elders if necessary. Stamp your feet down

That woman goes to church only twice a week. two times a week to go to church is not bad. What if she derives happiness from the church; It is risky for her spouse to take away her happiness as a punishment. It will not make the marriage better.

I believe this man here is overwhelmed with chores. They need a househelp. The woman needs to accept that they bring in someone to do chores weekly
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Chigold101(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
ahnie:
Forget I love you in marriage.marriage is hard,forget being married to your best friend, marriage is hard!hard!!and hard!!!

I think marriage should be scrapped completely coz it's an unending pit....
Marriage is hard for the person that wants it to be hard for him/her.

Marriage is so easy and sweet if both parties decide to grow and evolve in their marriage relationship.

1 Like

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Timoleon(m): 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
Succinct
ahnie:
Forget I love you in marriage.marriage is hard,forget being married to your best friend, marriage is hard!hard!!and hard!!!

I think marriage should be scrapped completely coz it's an unending pit....
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ahnie: 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
Chigold101:

Marriage is so easy and sweet if both parties decide to grow and evolve in their marriage relationship.
Ohkay sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
Chigold101:

I concur! undecided
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by ahnie: 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timoleon:
Succinct
Thanks!!!
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by SenatorInNigeria(m): 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
Don't get tired of sitting her down and talking. It's the only way (just like recharging your electricity whenever unit finishes).
I quarrel and disagree with my wife sometimes but I man up the pain and still talk to her like we didn't disagree minutes ago.
She tells me a piece of her mind and I just listen till she's done talking, thereafter, I do the wisdom talk (makes her see me like a wise man). You don't get tired of your wife, just like you don't get tired of paying bills. The very day you stop it means you want to end your marriage mind you "no responsible girl wanna take another woman's husband.
OP pray alot it helps
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
I was in the same shoe with you at some point. I almost went the divorce route. But my kids are too young and sweet to be in a broken home.
We had us a long conversation and i believe we are back on track. Been married for about 17 years ad well. Shoot me a message if you need someone to talk to before you make a major decision.
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by neonly: 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

The questions are:

Bro, if she had previously done it for 10 years or more before saying NO and a resounding capital NO to you; then, she is not at fault.

You asked what will be your future for doing the activities? The same question she had asked herself most likely before she said NO. She decided she was not going to take it again.

But then, you said she works and she makes money for herself. I do not not know if she had been working all the while before this trouble, and just being selfish.

Talk to yourself first before talking to your wife. If she had been doing it all, and her career was on the line; then, it is you who was selfish when she was doing it alone. But if you evaluate it all, and she has just been exactly like this all along; then, she is selfish. The other possibility is that the two of you are being flexing muscle against each other in the house. In this case, you are the one who asked for advice here, and you will be the one to first call her, and you both have a heart to heart talk where you share all responsibilities and activities 50 - 50.

Goodluck!

Bro's how much do think they pay in private school not much I have four of them in different school like dat and I can tell you every term I spend nothing less than 550k just school fees alone no books dat one is optional because they have to choose d books they want
So to tell her to share expenditure 50/50 Na impossible mission bi dat
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by cliqtips: 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
lol...
how you come dey do ahm ?
I mean how you dey manage the situation
ufotty2001:
I have a girlfriend all what she think of is how she will collect money from me and career.. !!! She has never ask me how is business? How is life?? How are you managing... All are calls are complain that she need this or that..
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Rogerss(m): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

Sometimes I hear some folks saying I will tolerate rubbish in marriage but honestly it easier say than done if it actually happen to you
I go to work come back to go to market and cook clean the house wash the children uniforms for the younger ones

What will be the fate of my wonderful innocent children how will they feel not growing up with their mother and father together all these are pounding in my head
the issues are too much I can't type it all am really depressed but sha life goes on

Please have a conversation with her and understand what she wants in the way of careers.
I too was going to the Market and washing cloths, but understanding what you both want and compromising is the Key.
Sit her down and discuss your issues. If you do not see a way out, visit a marriage counselor to figure things out.
You guy may compromise doing the chores weekly, or assign various task at home to each other.
She needs her own career too to feel secure make man no carry her do shege.
My Dad use to cook for us and he was an AGM in a bank when he was cooking. They are going on 40 year next year.
It is rough outside to just throw issues that can be resolved.

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Mrsoft3(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kestolove:
Divorce and marry another, responsible girls full area no husband

Really?
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by brownemmanuel43(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

No marriage is perfect dis I
know talking to her has become a ritual daily reoccurance
Some are just lucky when it comes to marriage guess u one of them
Just posting dis to know if other people out der are going tru what am going tru at least share opinion like you doing
Thks
Don't mind that nonsense preacher, see life is too small for one to be depressed.
I hv someone thats facing the same challenge right now, I mean yours is even better, u are working.
This bros when it was going on well, instead of bros to invest or set up a business, rather baba trying to pleased his wife bought car for her. After every-every, baba lost his job, things started turning upside. After a while, madam bought a car for cruising while oga is jobless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by bjcole(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

The questions are:

Goodluck!

There is nothing like 50/50. Marriage is God's laid down procedures, and we must follow his procedures for it to be successful. The husband is the head of the home, he dictates the tunes the wife supports and follows suit, the woman can bring advice too, but it's still subject to the man final approval. Responsible men always give some of these controlling roles to their wives, willingly and guides her if she falling out and it helps their family in a great deal.

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
So what's the marriage again if the man will be turned to a domestic partner ? And you defined it as ego . A man married a woman as a helper not the other way round . If your husband cooks for you ,go to market for you ,takes care of the children and on all these still cater for the family ,you are not in marriage . A girl child is trained and groomed for domestic chores right from onset in view of marriage in future, is not the work of the man, and where a man comes in is to help the wife once in awhile or if she is not in position to do so and not a total responsibility of a man. Marriage is dead when you turned your husband to the wife .
Kobojunkie:
undecided
So, you want to ruin your 15-year old marriage for the sake of your ego? undecided
â–  You go to market
â–  Cook
â–  clean the house
â–  wash the children uniform
So you do these things in your own home and you expect what, a medal? The person that used to do them before, I am guessing your wife, she no be human being like you? undecided

So your wife is interested in her career, and you are what? Against your "friend" doing well in her career or what? And let me guess, communication has degraded between you two and probably between your egos are butting heads at this point and rather than working on that, you are instead thinking of ways to end your relationship? undecided

Look, no two marriages are created the same and no two individuals in a marriage are exact copies of themselves. You and your wife are meant to design your own marriage in a way that works for you, not go around comparing yourselves to others out there. undecided
Die to your ego if you must and learn to grow rather than destroy your marriage over petty things such as what you listed here. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by poiZon: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Forget the gloss, those who you think are lucky have had to let go of many things to make even their relationships work the way it appears. undecided

Sacrifice whatever you have to, in order to make your marriage work, that seems to be the general rule. I have seen men sacrifice even their ego so they can have a good marriage. A friend of mine does the cooking and cleaning in the house, even parks a lunch box every morning for his kids and wife because he says he is better at it than she is. His family is "tight" for it too. undecided

Marriage is work and there are no roles in marriage at all - forget the meaningless lies folks spew about these things. Anyone who can do it should. Simple! undecided
The issue with the guy isnt about doing the chores, but u r doing something that ur wife should do, but she is working yet u don't see where her money is going.
That is one red flag.
A woman that loves a man and accept a man must be SUBMISSIVE to him, let him know what u earn and all that. Why being secretive in ur finance, u don't contribute a dime in the project.
Marriage is a project that involves 2people and once the kids enters, they too join in making the project work.
I can't marry a lady that will hide her financial details from, not that i will ask u for ur money.

2 Likes

Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by mocipe: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

This is someone dat work and her pay is for her alone honestly I don't even know much she earn ast salary
If u are lucky to marry a good person just thank Jehovah
Too much pressure to guild her and let her see reason will be consider sexual violent so am very careful it has easy has u think bro's am just heart broken right now if I can have my way Na to just relocate go another country
Her pay maybe higher than yours.
Women love one mind. Just ask her to choose between her marriage or job if she can't leave up to her marital responsibility. She may reset or pack.
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Allwell96: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
What were u thinking when your pastor/reverend siad "for better for worse" and u said "I do"? Deal with it, don't end it pls. There's a solution to every problem, and in this case, divorce is not the solution.
If u are a Christian, earnestly pray to God for wisdom, He'll show up for you.
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by bjcole(m): 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
neonly:

If you don't mind we can talk. There is no marriage that can't work if the parties are willing.
Re: Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage by Shokoloko(f): 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
omooba969:

Unless one of them specifically states that they want out, I will favour 'meaningful engagement' on the problems over temporary separation.

Oh my brother/sister., you have not seen wicked people. Some people will never say they want out o. They have no plans to change, they like status quo, they just do not want their spouse to move on. I counselled a couple and the lady was very depressed. Her spouse was quite critical and she felt like she was walking on egg shells. The young man used to call his wife "you people". The man told me that he didn't see a need to stop comparing his wife to his girlfriends because he wanted her to maintain that diva standard and look good. He said he was satisfied in the marriage and didn't want out. But he felt his style of relationship was good and in the long run his wife would see that he meant the best for her.
I really felt that lady needed a temporary break. (At least to start eating 3 times daily: she was eating only twice to maintain her figure)

Anyways, in some cases I agree that meaningful engagement definitely is a great option as long as both are genuinely seeking solutions.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Baby Found In Moremi Female Hostel Toilet In OAU / Nigerian Woman Dies Six Weeks After Her Wedding (photos) / My Husband Cannot Satisfy Me In Bed - 25-Year-Old Woman Divorces Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.