Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,807 members, 7,831,634 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! (8249 Views)

I Caught My Best Man With My Wife Two Weeks To Our Wedding. / He Ran Away And Never Came Back After Our Wedding Introduction, Help! / He Ended Our Relationship Few Days To Our Wedding.......... Lady Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by monkeyleg: 1:40pm On May 28, 2011
lashontae:

^
point of correction, not all the money for the wedding was spent. Just the one he sent her to weave aso-oke!
Overblowing, much?
I dont support what the lady in question did, but lets not pour oil on fire.

I am not over blowing anything. What will eventually happen is that he will marry her, she will then spend the monthly food dispensation buying bleaching cream and Tiro. She has got her priorities wrong, and if you read through his comments, it looks like this is an pngoing thing, probably not the first time.

Ol Boy, look before you jump enter fire oh
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Dyt(f): 1:45pm On May 28, 2011
Buhahahahahahaaha
cant stop lavin
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by cold(m): 1:48pm On May 28, 2011
This marriage is an accident waiting to happen. There's no way she can go frm a spendrift to thrifty person,that's the way she was raised. Anyways we all get what's coming to us. You threw away a honey for a dummy *smh
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by cutiebabe: 1:48pm On May 28, 2011
Tmoni:

not read other peoples comments but if its a joint account, i want to believe it will need joint signatures in order for mone to be withdrawn from the account??

i stand to be corrected

@Tmoni
Joint account doesn't necessarily mean both signatories must sign. It depends on the signing instruction agreed upon on opening the account wich could be 'either to sign' or 'both to sign'. So the posters story is still in order.

@poster, you wear the shoes and know where it hurts most. I'll just advice that you look well before you leap.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 28, 2011
dude, pls do urslf a favor and call d marriage quits bfor u hate urslf foreva. U mustnt marry nw. Free dis babe & start on a fresh page. And karma has notin to do it. Dt gurl dts tellin u u shld marry ha wen u av notin ll b d same gurl dt ll b fuckin up wen d goin gets really tough. Free evrythin.give ur self sum mnths off and get another lady to marry. As for d curent one, u dnt nid all d peeps on nairaland to tell bfor u knw she's scam babe. Enjoi
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by koolkamzzy(m): 1:52pm On May 28, 2011
Dyt:

Buhahahahahahaaha
cant stop lavin

why are u laffing hen   , hope you are not planning to do my bros like dis o, cos if you try it oo ni duro wo tan.

@ OP IMO, i think a broken relationship is better than a broken home, Dont be afraid of what the family will say and get yourself into serious trouble, I pray God directs you.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by CzarChris(m): 1:52pm On May 28, 2011
SMH @poster: what else can I say MAN PICK UP YOUR LEGS AND RUN FOR IT dat chic will be the end of you. BTW is dis your chic related to BABE , The way she jumps to her rescue shows she has a lot in common with dis chic grin grin grin Men beware of the likes of BABE!!! copy to 190 grin
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by BABE3: 2:00pm On May 28, 2011
Czar-Chris:

SMH @poster: what else can I say MAN PICK UP YOUR LEGS AND RUN FOR IT dat chic will be the end of you. BTW is dis your chic related to BABE , The way she jumps to her rescue shows she has a lot in common with dis chic grin grin grin Men beware of the likes of BABE!!! copy to 190 grin

lol-- you dis guy---you're still after me ehn? E don do now---e don do abeg.

Anyways, I didn't jump to her rescue, I was just using style to laugh at my guy.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by axk745: 2:12pm On May 28, 2011
I wouldn't rush to say you should dump sha.  This is mostly just a difference in priorities. I would say that both of you draw up a detailed budget and plan in detail how and plan which one comes first. If she continues then,

Every woman flaws, it's your maturity in handling disagreements and commitment to make changes that matters more. If she's a committed christian and she's growing then there's hope she can change. Marriage is a commitment to lifetime growth, this is just the beginning.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Basics007: 2:26pm On May 28, 2011
finn:

Free dis babe & start on a fresh page. And karma has notin to do it. Dt gurl dts tellin u u shld marry ha wen u av notin ll b d same gurl dt ll b fuckin up wen d goin gets really tough.
U make sense die! I dont c what karma has got to do about it. U didnt marry then cos u had nada in hand. Even now d dosh is still not overflowin as can be seen from ur post.
I dont see which decision is difficult to make here. If u could be cold blooded enough to dump a good girl "who was makin u look fresh" so why cant u give the same treatment to this spoilt chick?
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Amjustme: 2:33pm On May 28, 2011
So you want to eat your cake and have it?? common!!!!! Good women are not used tissue,
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by tEsLim(m): 2:38pm On May 28, 2011
Well its very wrong to misappropriate funds and a lot of women do this a lot. Its good you kow now before she uses the children school fees for owambe party, or before she uses the house rent savings for jewels
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by CzarChris(m): 2:51pm On May 28, 2011
BABE!:

lol-- you dis guy---you're still after me ehn? E don do now---e don do abeg.

Anyways, I didn't jump to her rescue, I was just using style to laugh at my guy.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Apologize to NL brodas
Then agree to go on a dinner date with me wink , 190 must not tag along ooo
grin grin grin
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by agabaI23(m): 2:53pm On May 28, 2011
Boy run now!

Go and make peace with the first lady. She will accept you if she is not married yet
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by VIPICO(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2011
High_Chief:

Men back out if you cant tolerate her behaviour. You should just thank God you were able to find out before walking down the aisle with her

Period!
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Abali1(m): 3:17pm On May 28, 2011
Tmoni:

not read other peoples comments but if its a joint account, i want to believe it will need joint signatures in order for mone to be withdrawn from the account??

i stand to be corrected

Tmoni, you don't need both signatures to withdraw money from a joint account, unless it is explicitly stated. I run a joint acct with my aged mum and am the only one who makes withdrawals from it.(i.e. only my signature on the cheque)

@topic, think well and deep about ur 'fiancée'. if you can't cope with her spending habit pls don't dig your own grave by marrying her.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 28, 2011
old boy burst her as she won't change. Your case is almost like mine. In your case u can still move out but in mine i can't. u can't move forward in life with a spend freek. she land u in bankcruptcy. a word is enogh for the wise.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 28, 2011
OP

The worst thing that can happen to anybody is REGRET. Your ex is your past and you need to let her go. You made a choice and no matter how bad it seems now, you made it for a reason.

Like your said ur fiancée is young, probably doesn't know any better. Its your responsibility to teach her how to do the right thing. You are a man and this is the time to take complete charge of your home.

Please don't let go of her . . . You'll regret it later. In any case, you already made a commitment to her and her family and the responsible thing is to see it tru. The grass doesn't get any greener.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Dyt(f): 3:43pm On May 28, 2011
Oludyke
tehehehehehehehehehehehe
so u in one
tataatatatatatatatataatatatata
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by MMM3(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2011
op
is she from a rich family?
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by glowithdan(m): 3:57pm On May 28, 2011
, not all women will eventually become a wife material, as not all men can be called "men" in the quoting!

My brother, you are quite lucky to have noticed this before settling down with her. But, come to think of it, what actually attracted you to her in the first place?
Don't tell me you never noticed this characters during courtship; or is it because the new situation you find your self (which involve the spending of your own money) that opened your eyes?

To be frank, you can tell that to every one here, you noticed these "childish behaviours" only recently. But to me, it has been there right from the unset; either you were too blind to see it, or immature to read the hand writing on the wall.

Its a fact that you are reaping what you sow, I still sympathise with your situation. I would rather advice you to involve the parents of the lady involved, before it's too late! Mind you, this is not friendship, but marriage!!

All the best,
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 28, 2011
@Heavy G first of all LOL @ your name!  grin

second, this is definitely your karma. glad you learned your lesson early.
if you miss your ex that bad then make it right with her or if you plan to stick it
out with this new one, then make sure you keep a separate account for yourself
from now on.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by 190: 4:03pm On May 28, 2011
Czar-Chris:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Apologize to NL brodas
Then agree to go on a dinner date with me wink , 190 must not tag along ooo
grin grin grin

You must be silly to think u can ask my own babe out for dinner angry angry
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by agabaI23(m): 4:04pm On May 28, 2011
Ujujoan:

OP

The worst thing that can happen to anybody is REGRET. Your ex is your past and you need to let her go. You made a choice and no matter how bad it seems now, you made it for a reason.

Like your said your fiancée is young, probably doesn't know any better. Its your responsibility to teach her how to do the right thing. You are a man and this is the time to take complete charge of your home.

Please don't let go of her . . .  You'll regret it later. In any case, you already made a commitment to her and her family and the responsible thing is to see it tru. The grass doesn't get any greener.
If he is your brother or son you will tell him to let through? I na-anwa
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by tolu001: 4:38pm On May 28, 2011
@ OP    

Firstly, stop all these regret nonsense, it wont do u any good but cause u more pains.

Secondly, u need to know there is no perfect match (either man/woman), we all have our flaws, but our decision to get married depends on our ability to tolerate the other party's flaws without subjecting oneself to an unbearable eternal pains.

Now to my advice,

Search ur heart very well and answer the following questions with sincerity,

Do u really love her? If YES,

Can u tolerate her bad-side (wasteful spending) financially and morally, If YES then problem solved and enjoy ur life but

if NO which I presumed is the answer according to your post then u ask urself the next question,

Do you want to make an attempt on correcting and shaping her to ur taste or standard? (Please note: this is a possibility, not a guarantee and should not be expected to produce a 100% result no matter how hard u try)  If YES,

I will advice u make use of the following tips:

i.   NEVER disclose ur true financial status to her, for instance if ur monthly income is 100k tell her its just 50k

ii. Never make her a sole signatory on ur joint account if you must open one with her or if you already have one, then it's time to change that

iii. Don't let her handle any monetary project alone henceforth, it's either u get a trusted third party or u simply handle it urself

iii. Have a one on one talk with her and let her know how u feel about her actions

Meanwhile, postpone the wedding plans for the meantime, while u try the above tips with close monitoring. . . 

I need to go know, the decision is urs to make, wish u good luck

BUT NEVER START WHAT U ALREADY KNOW U CANT FINISH
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by guess1109(f): 4:46pm On May 28, 2011
What goes around comes around undecided
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by lasm: 4:51pm On May 28, 2011
@poster But my candid opinion is that you need to back out now. A broken courtship is better than a broken marriage. Pray about it for God's leading on this & God will surely give you your own life partner. It's good this is happening now. Understand one thing, marriage is all about living with & continuing to know your partner & not trying to change her deficiencies that you can't cope with. Follow your heart pls. I was there b4 & I had to let go, let go now no matter how hard it is. Time will heal things. Things will be a lot better when God orders your step.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by heavyg(m): 5:06pm On May 28, 2011
@all
This same girl when I told her to write a list of the things she would need in school, gave me a bill of 80k with the intention of using the money to buy brazilian human hair, which she hid from me but I found out. Yes, it was her money to do as she liked, but I hate when people don't know whats important. WHY WOULD YOU BUY 80k HAIR WHEN GOD GAVE YOU YOUR OWN? What values will she be teaching our kids?
This wedding aso-oke money is more than 200k, it was meant for us and our parents. She has used it on creams, lotions, oils, herbal supplements, gnld products, forever living bla bla bla, contact lenses and so on. The rest, she cannot account for. She claims she sent for some 'kitchen things' from Dubai (which I don't believe), as it will be too late to get them when she gets the dough her dad is giving her.
And she has promised to get the cloths done from the daddy's money.
I think I have a right to be mad at her!
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by 190: 5:09pm On May 28, 2011
^please just tell me what state is this girl from?
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 28, 2011
heavy g:

@all
This same girl when I told her to write a list of the things she would need in school, gave me a bill of 80k with the intention of using the money to buy brazilian human hair, which she hid from me but I found out. Yes, it was her money to do as she liked, but I hate when people don't know whats important. WHY WOULD YOU BUY 80k HAIR WHEN GOD GAVE YOU YOUR OWN? What values will she be teaching our kids?
This wedding aso-oke money is more than 200k, it was meant for us and our parents. She has used it on creams, lotions, oils, herbal supplements, gnld products, forever living bla bla bla, contact lenses and so on. The rest, she cannot account for. She claims she sent for some 'kitchen things' from Dubai (which I don't believe), as it will be too late to get them when she gets the dough her dad is giving her.
And she has promised to get the cloths done from the daddy's money.
I think I have a right to be mad at her!

hmmmmm. this is serious!

you need to give her an ultimatum bro.
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by marcus1234: 5:11pm On May 28, 2011
Re: She Squandered The Money In Our Joint Account That Was Meant For Our Wedding! by heavyg(m): 5:18pm On May 28, 2011
@190
north central!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Lover? / She Wears Bids Around Her Waste: Wats The Meaning? / Make GOD Bless MMM For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.