Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? (30231 Views)

Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / The 10 Typical Causes Of Tyre Wear / 8 Common Causes Of Tyre Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Timagex(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
dadebayo1:

Nice seeing you here sir grin small world ooo

Good evening sir. May I know you, sir? cool cheesy
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by charlo3410: 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
I'm surprised that most people didn't know that tires do have locked screws. They are there for security purposes. The key usually comes with cars but can only be destroyed Incase the key can't be found.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Yankee101: 9:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
Insert a metal
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Bobxin: 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
RedEnergy:
In an emergency situation without adequate tools, find a rugged stone to hit your screwdriver on the nut at a slanted angle in the direction to loosen it until the nut turns a few threads till you can loosen it with your wheel spanner. That's why it is important to have a toolbox in your car permanently, but if you don't have, at least you should have something basic like a screwdriver and spanners. But if you are the type that won't keep a single tool in your car like a screwdriver, then you are screwed in an emergency situation. God help you if your tyre bursts in the middle of nowhere along interstate forests and you can't loosen your tire grin

You're making sense, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by webgenius234(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
How did the vulcanizer that u called remove it?

Meanwhile check this...
https://www.bizinfoideas.com/2021/09/10-coins-to-keep-till-december-2020.html?m=1
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by AvalonSpace(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timagex:
Hello car lovers! Hope Monday was good? cool
So, I had to change a Tyre in an emergency situation today and I encountered a problem. After unscrewing two wheel bolts from the Tyre, the third one was not coming off as the wheel spanner could not grip it. Taking a closer look, I discovered that the edges around the wheel bolt has no friction. It was almost round. shocked It took the intervention of a vulcanizer before the bolt could be unscrewed.

My question is, incase of situations where the service of professionals cannot be reached, how can such an issue be handled? Please move to the front page for wider views..
In my case, it was a welder that used his electric file to pieces the bolt before it was removed. I bought a new one. It's cheap.

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Timagex:
So, I had to change a Tyre in an emergency situation today and I encountered a problem. After unscrewing two wheel bolts from the Tyre, the third one was not coming off as the wheel spanner could not grip it. Taking a closer look, I discovered that the edges around the wheel bolt has no friction. It was almost round. shocked It took the intervention of a vulcanizer before the bolt could be unscrewed.

My question is, incase of situations where the service of professionals cannot be reached, how can such an issue be handled? Please move to the front page for wider views..

Hitting a strong screw driver (flat) or a chisel tangential to the bolt .it will get slacked .

You can also try using a spanner 1m smaller than the worn bolt ,hammer it in and try turning

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by ak22(m): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
EyezofGod120:
grin this news na for people wey get car,,

Are you not pray to get one in the nearest future?
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Maconstruct(m): 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
heybeebugatty:
I will use my teeth to loose it...
I come in peace grin
Basketmouth!!! yu funny sha grin
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by litaninja(m): 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
Get some thread or thin cloth to wrap around the nut. Put the wheel spanner on and you should have a better grip.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by adanny01(m): 12:56am On Sep 28, 2021
Timagex:

Buy a 21mm black hex socket wrench and handle. It works like a charm.

I have experienced same thing with same car, Pontiac Vibe. A lot of Toyota people change the lug nuts to Honda nuts but i guess its not recommended. I wouldn't do it.

I had to buy and replace all the worn out nuts before I had peace.

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by doczero: 1:05am On Sep 28, 2021
Had the same issue some few days ago. I observed that some of my nuts are of size 17 while others are of a different size. Try and get a four-headed wheel spanner or change the bolts to the same size of your wheel spanner. Thanks.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Terna110: 2:23am On Sep 28, 2021
Look for a tick paper like carton, tire it and rap it round the screw then carefully insect the spanner in the screw. This action will cause a firm grip between the spanner and the screw thereby allowing it to lose easier.
Timagex:

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by megayinks: 3:20am On Sep 28, 2021
I once saw at the mechanic workshop, a rim with 4 regular bolts and a fifth one which is different.

When i asked why, I was told the fifth odd bolt is like a security put in place.

However, it has a socket which fits in perfectly into the wheel spanner and when place in the bolt fits properly and can be used to loosen it.

I was told it's put in place to guide against theft.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by CXLVII: 3:43am On Sep 28, 2021
Just change your wind shield wipers.
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by femi4: 4:39am On Sep 28, 2021
Timagex:

Welder handle such. Never use that bolt again. Always use original wheel spanner to avoid such in the future
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by dadebayo1(m): 5:20am On Sep 28, 2021
Timagex:

Good evening sir. May I know you, sir? cool cheesy

Ibadan connect... Lets just leave it like that oo... Nice seeing you sir.. grin grin
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by EyezofGod120: 6:35am On Sep 28, 2021
ak22:

Are you not pray to get one in the nearest future?
. Lols,,I get two,,I just dey catch cruise ni

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Rekyz(m): 6:37am On Sep 28, 2021
Timagex:

That's a special bolt, designed to curb Tyre theft, with each Tyre having that particular bolt. The car usually comes with a special wheel spanner for that particular bolt so there's no need replacing it. If you live in rugged area, niggas may attempt getting your tyres off but with that, they'll find it a lot difficult
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Peaceworld(m): 7:34am On Sep 28, 2021
Timagex:

Use WD40. Spray it on the stubborn bolt and it will unscrew easily. www.wd40.com

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by just2endowed: 7:35am On Sep 28, 2021
RedEnergy:
In an emergency situation without adequate tools, find a rugged stone to hit your screwdriver on the nut at a slanted angle in the direction to loosen it until the nut turns a few threads till you can loosen it with your wheel spanner. That's why it is important to have a toolbox in your car permanently, but if you don't have, at least you should have something basic like a screwdriver and spanners. But if you are the type that won't keep a single tool in your car like a screwdriver, then you are screwed in an emergency situation. God help you if your tyre bursts in the middle of nowhere along interstate forests and you can't loosen your tire grin

Buhari boys go visit am be that grin grin grin
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Vonwolf(m): 9:21am On Sep 28, 2021
Your wheel spanner socket should also be changed, whenever you encounter such look for a new socket it will loose
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by Pootle: 9:54am On Sep 28, 2021
add sharp sand just a little to the wheel spanner it add more grip to the bolt
Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
Timagex:

D solution is to prevent it from happening. If u notice ur bolt is bad change it asap

1 Like

Re: Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? by paix(m): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
Bayaar02:
Burn the fvcking car and get a new one.

God bless our darling president.
Indeed, and you're thinking just like him. Burn the country and fly to Niger republic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured / Top Current Car Brands And Their Country Of Origin / Understanding Fifth Wheels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.