Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process - Properties (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process (41092 Views)

Can ₦2M Finish The Construction Of A 2-Bedroom Flat? / Construction Process Of Our Bungalow Apartments. / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS FOR A 3000 SEATER EVENT CENTRE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 5:21am On Mar 12, 2023
We have bought plastic tanks for water storage for each flat.............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 5:22am On Mar 12, 2023
We have started digging this well in Enugu, people call this the "manual borehole"

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Badgers14: 6:11am On Mar 12, 2023
spyder880:
We have started digging this well in Enugu, people call this the "manual borehole"

Mr Spyder, why chosing this method of drilling borehole? I thought there is a drilling machine for this?

Just curious-
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:15am On Mar 12, 2023
Badgers14:

Mr Spyder, why chosing this method of drilling borehole? I thought there is a drilling machine for this?

Just curious-

In this environment, its almost impossible to get water with a drilling rig as done in other places. Enugu urban has a different type of land which makes it difficult to do the type of borehole you suggested.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Badgers14: 6:23am On Mar 12, 2023
spyder880:

In this environment, its almost impossible to get water with a drilling rig as done in other places. Enugu urban has a different type of land which makes it difficult to do the type of borehole you suggested.

Ok, thanks for your clarification.

I was just wondering if the bare knuckle drilling is best practice.

Thanks again
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 6:57am On Mar 12, 2023
Badgers14:

Ok, thanks for your clarification.

I was just wondering if the bare knuckle drilling is best practice.

Thanks again

Enugu has a very deep water table, the depth one has to dig to get water is too deep. We can get good ground water after doing 90 feet in Awka, 70 feet in Owerri or Aba, 70 feet in PH, but Enugu may take up to 800 feet before you get that type of water. To add to the problem, Enugu has a lot of lump stones and hard ground, clay and shale mixtures that makes digging with a mounted drill a nightmare.

Many people who can afford to spend good money to do the type of borehole we usually do in Owerri has not succeeded in doing so in Enugu, because the chances of getting good water after drling to such depth is very low. That's why we have resorted to this type, we expect to get to 150 feet depth, then cast the well with concrete before installing a submersible pump and connecting same to the tanks.

Happy Sunday everyone.

4 Likes

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by michlins(m): 9:22am On Mar 12, 2023
800ft of digging out coal and stuff
spyder880:

Enugu has a very deep water table, the depth one has to dig to get water is too deep. We can get good ground water after doing 90 feet in Awka, 70 feet in Owerri or Aba, 70 feet in PH, but Enugu may take up to 800 feet before you get that type of water. To add to the problem, Enugu has a lot of lump stones and hard ground, clay and shale mixtures that makes digging with a mounted drill a nightmare.

Many people who can afford to spend good money to do the type of borehole we usually do in Owerri has not succeeded in doing so in Enugu, because the chances of getting good water after drling to such depth is very low. That's why we have resorted to this type, we expect to get to 150 feet depth, then cast the well with concrete before installing a submersible pump and connecting same to the tanks.

Happy Sunday everyone.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 10:47am On Mar 12, 2023
spyder880:

Happy Sunday everyone.

Happy Sunday to you too Sir... So, what is the estimated cost of digging a borehole in Enugu

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 1:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
redgem:

Happy Sunday to you too Sir... So, what is the estimated cost of digging a borehole in Enugu

For a motorised drilling rig, you may spend up to 6 to 7 million naira, but you are not guaranteed to get good water, apart from Ninth mile, and a few pockets of lands around Enugu Urban, especially around streams and lakes, you may never strike good water for all your efforts.

For the manual borehole which I am currently doing, the average cost is N2 million naira. We are doing this for N1.9m, I got quotes for as high as 2.4m from other people who do this same work.

Thanks.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2023
spyder880:

For a motorised drilling rig, you may spend up to 6 to 7 million naira, but you are not guaranteed to get good water, apart from Ninth mile, and a few pockets of lands around Enugu Urban, especially around streams and lakes, you may never strike good water for all your efforts.

For the manual borehole which I am currently doing, the average cost is N2 million naira. We are doing this for N1.9m, I got quotes for as high as 2.4m from other people who do this same work.

Thanks.

Wow....one really need to be wealthy to be able to afford water in Enugu...
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2023
redgem:

Wow....one really need to be wealthy to be able to afford water in Enugu...

Not necessarily, I spent only about 200k or less to have steady water from my shallow 40 foot well, clean water for 7 months in every year. That's the one most people use in Enugu. When you see people doing this deep manual type, then it must be for a residential house. I have also seen single families do this deep type in my neighborhood.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by kopell: 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
spyder880:

Not necessarily, I spent only about 200k or less to have steady water from my shallow 40 foot well, clean water for 7 months in every year. That's the one most people use in Enugu. When you see people doing this deep manual type, then it must be for a residential house. I have also seen single families do this deep type in my neighborhood.
Oga sypder well-done ooo. I kwon understand this 7 months thing in a year, what happens to the remaining months of the year? does this mean the well dry up for those months

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Rany4all(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2023
spyder880:

Thanks.
Na wa oh...borehole that we drill for just 60k in my neck of the woods, others are spending millions for. We are really privileged down here with regards to water, I swear.
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 6:01pm On Mar 12, 2023
spyder880:

Meaning you pay 200k for water every 7 months...like they pump into a well for you? Or how is it done?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
kopell:
Oga sypder well-done ooo. I kwon understand this 7 months thing in a year, what happens to the remaining months of the year? does this mean the well dry up for those months

redgem:

Meaning you pay 200k for water every 7 months...like they pump into a well for you? Or how is it done?

Nooooo grin

I paid 70k to dig a well since 2016, bought submersible pump with 45k, paid well diggers for plastering, bought cement, sand and well cover, paid for pipes and plumbing, altogether, about N200,000. Then I haven't spent any other money on the maintenance of the well since 2016 that I moved into the house.

Since then I haven't spent a dime on the well, but I get steady water supply pumped up my overhead tank for 7 months out of 12 months in a year. I only buy water from January till March each year when the well dried up. Enugu water is not costly.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:52am On Mar 13, 2023
We have hoisted all the tanks up on the tank stand.

We are still working on the manual borehole.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Chidimercy: 7:53am On Mar 13, 2023
spyder880:
We have hoisted all the tanks up on the tank stand.

We are still working on the manual borehole.

Please what's the size of this tank and what is the cost of each one?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 7:55am On Mar 13, 2023
Chidimercy:

Please what's the size of this tank and what is the cost of each one?

500 gallons, GP brands costs N90,000 each, apart from the accessories.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by redgem(f): 5:30pm On Mar 13, 2023
spyder880:

Nooooo grin

I paid 70k to dig a well since 2016, bought submersible pump with 45k, paid well diggers for plastering, bought cement, sand and well cover, paid for pipes and plumbing, altogether, about N200,000. Then I haven't spent any other money on the maintenance of the well since 2016 that I moved into the house.

Since then I haven't spent a dime on the well, but I get steady water supply pumped up my overhead tank for 7 months out of 12 months in a year. I only buy water from January till March each year when the well dried up. Enugu water is not costly.

Oh... I understand now... Lol...

2 Likes

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by Chidimercy: 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
spyder880:

Please regarding this well, is there any Technology to know the waterline? Where one could easily get water?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
Chidimercy:

Please regarding this well, is there any Technology to know the waterline? Where one could easily get water?

Yes, we did a Geophysical survey of the land to ascertain the level of water, and the most likely place in the compound 2here we can get good water.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 12:00am On Mar 14, 2023
Using an electric drill to get some speed on the well excavation..............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by PotatoSalad(m): 4:25am On Mar 14, 2023
spyder880:
Using an electric drill to get some speed on the well excavation..............
Enugu soil hard like poor man life 😩

2 Likes

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:03am On Mar 20, 2023
Using the mechanised hand operated rig to pull out the soil from the well as we dig further.....

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:19am On Mar 20, 2023
More pictures as we dig deeper............

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:21am On Mar 20, 2023
Completing the BQ works, and painting the insides.........

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 11:23am On Mar 20, 2023
More updates from this house later today..........
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
We have hit shale inside the ground, digging right through it............

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by kennethfranc(m): 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
spyder880:
This should be good news right?
Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by kennethfranc(m): 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
kennethfranc:

Great work sir... Are these shale of any importance to you?
spyder880:

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
[quote author=kennethfranc post=121926507][/quote]

No, they are not important, we just use it as filling sand on the compound floor.

1 Like

Re: The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process by michlins(m): 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
spyder880:
how about digging this well first and use the earth to fill the foundation while still building?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) / Man Singlehandedly Saved A Filling Station From Burning Down. Photos And Video. / New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.