Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman (40600 Views)

My Choleric Sister's Action Pushed Me To Start Sleeping With Her Husband. / I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed / I'm About To Lose My Fiancee, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Modernizer: 11:14am On Sep 28, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You've based your life around so much temperament jargon. Who are you, really? Who do you need to be?

Who told you there's anything like a choleric? People are blends. But you seem to revel in your antisocial tendencies as a badge of honor for cholerics. You're probably more of an introvert than a choleric.

Being highly cerebral isn't an excuse to be a douchebag without empathy, or to use it as an excuse to be high on volatile temperament. The rest of the world is also highly cerebral and volatile tempered. How do the rest of us learn to live with a partner peacefully?

You are looking for temperaments, but unless you work on yourself you will still split from anyone you're with.

Everyone can change positively. And if they can't, they need drugs for it. Or behavioral therapy.

Reduce your judgmental introvers

ion. People learn empathy.

thanks
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by obowunmi(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:
I won't bore you all with a long write up.

I'm ready to settle down, actually I needed to settle down like yesterday. Problem is, I don't make friends easily and hooking up is even tougher. I don't trust easily.

So I'm talking with this girl that checks all my boxes ( quite a rare feat for my high expectations), but for one thing...she is evidently a choleric. I know because I'm one myself.

The hot temper, impetuousness, some bossy-ness, independent mindedness, low empathy, high ambition...all those tell tale choleric features give it away.

Now I know cholerics are advised to get their opposites say phlegmatic for relationship purposes, but I want to ask the house: can I a hot tempered man cope with a hot tempered woman?
Any people with experience on this here?
Can both of us with low empathy really be compatible?

The adverse statistics coming out of marriage these days scares the sh..t out of me. I don't want any of it.

Should I drop this girl? Or can it work?

Sorry oo...it may sound small but that's my own challenge.

Cc newbornmacho, Ahnie, kestolove

Hope you won’t kill yourselves. [b][/b]
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by amazingspiderma: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2021
The beauty of temperament is the ability to know your strengths and weaknesses. I really hope she also understand her temperament.

You both could have the same primary temperament but different secondary temperament.

Then learn the rules of marriage on submission leadership respect etc.

There is nothing that two people who understand themselves cannot do.

Two choleric is a great combination of activity and achievement.

Have you considered that you could marry someother temperament that has nothing to add to your life?

1 Like

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Modernizer: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2021
newbornmacho:

Even though you say it with some disrespect, you're actually right. He is not necessarily fun to be with. He's a workaholic, highly cerebral, always thinking about solutions to difficult problems, hate parties, rarely hang out, hate company, prefer news for TV relaxation, play very hardball to make money....classic choleric.

Will any other temperament cope?

Is it not a choleric he needs?

Very confused man modernizer my G grin
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by BRATISLAVA: 11:17am On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

thanks

Stick to one moniker or you may have to face a ban/deactivation.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Modernizer: 11:23am On Sep 28, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Stick to one moniker or you may have to face a ban/deactivation.

two different people actually ...believe it or not.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by newbornmacho(m): 11:25am On Sep 28, 2021
blozzynonny:

My own is who's the op here? Is it Modernizer or NewbornMacho. How come NewbornMacho is answering personal questions thrown at Modernizer the op in first person tense.

Confuse dimakwa

Two different people but my G. Left phone with him ,

1 Like

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2021
mastermaestro:

That's not correct. Maybe you are secondarily choleric. Maybe I should have added that he should go for a melancholic whose secondary temperament is sanguine. Melancholics are the best for cholerics.
Why?
Properly developed melancholics are very organized, intelligent and very diligent. They give their best. And they avoid confrontations. These few traits are what cholerics crave for.
You may want to suggest phlegmatic. Phlegmatics are best managed by sanguine.
I would have to write an epistle for you to understand me perfectly.

All temperaments have their weaknesses. However these weaknesses can be managed by a correct coming together.
Maybe I will outline their strengths and weaknesses, but not now.

And please don't mix up the meaning of the concept of melancholic as a temperament and as a mere English word. They totally mean different things.
Please keep the discussion refined.

Cholerics and melancholics could work if BOTH of them have secondary temperaments as well.

I will never recommend a phlegmatic female to a choleric male because we both know who will be opressed in that situationship.

Its a good thing you know all temperaments have their weaknesses so you should know melancholics can be moody. Now imagine a choleric throwing tantrums at a moody person. Melancholics also follow well defined and guided rules/principles. A choleric who just loves to dominate or give orders outside the norm just for the fun of it will have a hard time with melancholics because they question things alot. They will never bend.

I cancelled out that trait you pointed out because you understood it with a different context order than what it really is. A melancholic isn't quarrelsome because they prefer to work on solutions and not argue...it's physically exhausting. They would rather not want to share the same space with any one that makes them talk or argue too much. They pay attention to details and this is one of the reasons why they can be emotional and sensitive....something that cholerics lack which is why they can never be a good match except the choleric partner has another significant temperament trait.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 28, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

I just knew it's a red pill guy.

Once you hear guys that claim they are rigid and strict, just know they want to control women. Meanwhile they cannot change or be better people. Rather the person who they want to enter into a relationship must become a footrag and let it be their way alone, or the relationship isn't worth it to them.

People are poorly socialized and it's reflecting in relationships and offices.

Yet, look at the kind of lady he fell for. Nemesis at work. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by InvertedHammer: 11:29am On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

I'm ready to settle down, actually I needed to settle down like yesterday. Problem is, I don't make friends easily and hooking up is even tougher. I don't trust easily.

So I'm talking with this girl that checks all my boxes ( quite a rare feat for my high expectations), but for one thing...she is evidently a choleric. I know because I'm one myself.

The hot temper, impetuousness, some bossy-ness, independent mindedness, low empathy, high ambition...all those tell tale choleric features give it away.

Now I know cholerics are advised to get their opposites say phlegmatic for relationship purposes, but I want to ask the house: can I a hot tempered man cope with a hot tempered woman?

The adverse statistics coming out of marriage these days scares the sh..t out of me. I don't want any of it.

/
Choleric vs phlegmatic?

I believe you just learned those words and wanted to use them in a sentence. grin grin. Otherwise you would have just said "hot-tempered" cool

/
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 28, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

I just knew it's a red pill guy.

Once you hear guys that claim they are rigid and strict, just know they want to control women. Meanwhile they cannot change or be better people. Rather the person who they want to enter into a relationship must become a footrag and let it be their way alone, or the relationship isn't worth it to them.

People are poorly socialized and it's reflecting in relationships and offices.

Women submit, men commit
Women are Sexual objects and men are success objects

PERIOD!!!!!!!
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by EmptyGarden(m): 11:32am On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

Bro ...they're on my neck
No use shame swallow blade o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Killermamba: 11:34am On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

U dey ask if you fit pour fuel inside fire? Una house Go turn boxing ring everyday.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Esteem08: 11:41am On Sep 28, 2021
OP, you need to ask yourself what you really want.
You both should sit and have a talk, choleric or not, if you both want it and can learn to tolerate each other (be sure to date a while longer before marriage) then it may work.
I've met a choleric woman who dated and eventually married a melancholic man; e no tey after dem begin live together, the man started to show his choleric side. Now the lady has automatically calmed down!
But my brother, marriage isn't what you rush into. You need to be very sure and most importantly pray hard about it.
God bless you.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by SeriouslySense(m): 11:46am On Sep 28, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy
9japride:
I don't know if all these stories is just for catching cruise, simply logic should tell you immediately if there are known fears in any situation best bet is to back off. Will you be the one to be calming down in the relationship? Because most ladies with that attributes won't calm down for any man. Marriage suppose not to be a steady fighting ground. Find someone that will give you peace. After all the Buhari government issues plus stress at work, home should be a relaxation place and not a battle ground. The choice is yours.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by babadee1(m): 11:53am On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

You have to search your own heart for the answers you are seeking because you know yourself and your fiancee better than anybody else. The only thing I will tell you is this, remember a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. Search your heart and make your final decision. All the best.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by ekitimanalways(m): 11:59am On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

Choleric men and women are not drawn to each other, but there is no dislike either. There is a slight difference between men and women: Choleric males feel a little more positive about Choleric females than vice-versa. Nevertheless, they can fall in love and when they do, they thrill each other.

1 Like

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by ekitimanalways(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

Both of you are more likely to trip over obstacles both of you are blind to.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Ezonman(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2021
If you are hot tempered go for some one who is not hot tempered, that's how you can match. If both of you are hot tempered it can never work, there will be no peace in that family.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by bayulll011(m): 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

Nope. I do.

for peace of mind RUN.
from experience this is an insecure woman and you will constantly proven your love for her.

if you can manage continue,but nothing beat Peace of mind in relationships.
i once had a lady that clone my whatssap just to monitor my activities just RUN
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by IbrahimSkiba(f): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

You've met your match tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by mastermaestro(m): 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
koyyes:

Cholerics and melancholics could work if BOTH of them have secondary temperaments as well.

I will never recommend a phlegmatic female to a choleric male because we both know who will be opressed in that situationship.

Its a good thing you know all temperaments have their weaknesses so you should know melancholics can be moody. Now imagine a choleric throwing tantrums at a moody person. Melancholics also follow well defined and guided rules/principles. A choleric who just loves to dominate or give orders outside the norm just for the fun of it will have a hard time with melancholics because they question things alot. They will never bend.

I cancelled out that trait you pointed out because you understood it with a different context order than what it really is. A melancholic isn't quarrelsome because they prefer to work on solutions and not argue...it's physically exhausting. They would rather not want to share the same space with any one that makes them talk or argue too much. They pay attention to details and this is one of the reasons why they can be emotional and sensitive....something that cholerics lack which is why they can never be a good match except the choleric partner has another significant temperament trait.

The part you struck is the most dominant aspect of a melancholic. Melancholics are only sometimes confrontational if they are secondarily choleric. And especially when this secondary part has matured.

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Pegi23(f): 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
Wow I'm a choleric.and also a melancholic.. I'm bossy and I also overthink.. I'm not agressive tho..and I get emotional alot..so everyone should stop saying hurtful words towards me.

1 Like

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by BamBamK: 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

Now I know cholerics are advised to get their opposites say phlegmatic for relationship purposes, but I want to ask the house: c[b]an I a hot tempered man cope with a hot tempered woman?[/b]

DON'T OOO!!!!!!!!!

na fire u dey play with so

one person go mud d other one day
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2021
NapoleonHill:

In marriage, love fades away. A lot more has to be in place to sustain the marriage. If she subdues her ego because of love, what happens when the love is not there anymore?

Food for thought
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Davesaves(m): 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
my man no think am ooo.. I take God beg u.. no just think am. dead that relationship immediately
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by annyz: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
What kind of Children with you birth?
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by suffering: 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
If you don’t already know the answer to your query I’ll write this off as trolling.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
mastermaestro:

The part you struck is the most dominant aspect of a melancholic. Melancholics are only sometimes confrontational if they are secondarily choleric. And especially when this secondary part has matured.

That is not true. You should read broadly on melancholics.
And no, melancholics are not confrontational....but they have a hard time controlling their anger if pushed too far and too long. So using their non confrontational trait as an excuse to match them up with cholerics is a bad idea because melancholics do not like to be pushed around. They bottle up anger till it explodes on the trouble maker's face. Melancholics hold grudges.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Imustreturn(m): 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Modernizer:

marry your type before you use your dirty smelling temper and kill someone's child biko

1 Like

Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by Modernizer: 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
Imustreturn:
marry your type before you use your dirty smelling temper and kill someone's child biko

Thanks for your help.
Re: Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman by OJEEMAH(m): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
newbornmacho:

If money can solve the problem, then it's all good. I'm not poor. But will money keep her under? If I provide Will she accept to be a housewife?
Good to know you are not poor. Money may not keep her under completely but knowing you are doing well and can have any woman you desire will tame her feministic attributes. However, should you go ahead with the marriage, encourage her career pursuit as long as it doesn't affect family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Leave Nude Videos And Pics Of Themselves In Thier Phone? / Things A Lady Shouldn’t Do In The Presence Of A Man [ladies Zone] / Think Twice Before You Follow Him To The Hotel: My Personal Encounter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.