Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos (30822 Views)

My Brother Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed In Lagos On His Way To Work / Woman Gang-Raped And Robbed Of N30,000 In Edo & Killed (Photo) / "I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Kfady: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2021
So sorry bro,avoid private cars henceforth

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2021
very pathetic mhen... hope he's much better now?
SirbobbyDgreat:
Same thing happened to someone I know but this time it was around dopemu and the vehicle was a sienna bus.
They put pepper and robb in his eyes and collected his laptop, took him to the atm withdrew all his savings with enough dirty slap, they collected his phone too and actually it happened last month too
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by OhiOfIhima: 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
Klass99:

Precisely why I asked how he intends to track them.
There must be something he knows, that we don't. But, I wish him success in the tracking exercise, finding them is not impossible.
I hope your colleague is okay now and they didn't sexually assault her, for the brief moment they held her.

A lady in my church testified about her own ordeal and said while they held her in the car and one person went to the ATM with her card, another was squeezing her boobs painfully and talking about raping her before they let her go.

I think it's better to be late for work, than to jam these bastards. Just tell your office there has been a high incidence of kidnappings and robberies along your route, especially now that we are in the ember months.

So, you cannot risk your life by leaving home too early around the times they are usually known to operate. We were doing 9 - 3pm at my office, post covid lockdowns and the sky didn't fall, people were still productive. Employers in Lagos are not very reasonable, not all of us need to be on the road at the same time to resume work @ 8am.

Some offices can open at 9am, while some staff can do morning shift of 6 hours and another set takes over at 2pm for afternoon shift. Most employers no dey reason well for this Lagos.

This ATM of a tin, everybody should get a bank app on his or her phone, whenever you doesn't use ur ATM, deactivate it from the app.. it render any transaction concern atm invalid. If you are read to use it, just activate within secs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by dazzlingd(m): 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:
happened on the 24th of August 2021.

I was heading to work as usual, 6.00am, 6.05am, 6.10am that's my time frame almost everyday except for rainy days.

So, I got to Ogugu Bustop waiting for the next available car heading to Lekki, about 5 minutes later an Honda Pilot drove in calling Lekki with just the driver and a passenger unknown to me that these guys are four well dressed like bankers, so the two other guys were standing in crowd with others and they entered the vehicle so I did as well.

There's no way you could have noticed that these guys are criminals.
The car moved about 5 minutes away from the bus stop and they pointed gun at me immediately my spirit left and came back, they collected my bag, collected my phones, I was beaten blue black, one guy was busy hitting my knees with wheel spanner, the other was giving formatting slaps and knocks, he then massed robb and sand in my eyes........ Mhen the pain was unbearable...... They collected my ATMs, Phones, Laptop, The cash I had on me, Wallet, Wrist watch, ID cards and they moved 100k out of my account, as at that time I could barely see anything again but the driver was telling the guys at the back to kill me and throw me off the road..... In there I was saying my last prayers....... Only for them to stop and push me down the vehicle, peeps came to my rescue and I narrated my ordeal to them. Dropped me off at Ilupeju
It took me a week to recover my vision. As I speak I still feel pains mhennnn

This Is My Testimony!!!!

I'll update you guys how I was helped by the police and the amount I'll pay to track those guys....... E go shock you too

Stay Safe Guys!!!...

This country is filled with animals.
And the system is corrupt, here in nigeria, police will start extorting the victims for money for recharge card, money for transport, money to track the criminals...useless barbaric citizens

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
that was the exact thing that happened..... plant them in the crown. there's no way you would have noticed them
Klass99:

Thank you for saying this. The hardship Buahri/APC has brought upon the land is so bad, a lot of folks now use their private vehicles for town service to supplement their income.

I have seen a woman using her Sienna to pick passengers along the road in VI on her way home, after work hours. Interestingly, I saw the same woman on a different day picking up passengers in the morning on my way to work. Every now and then, I see her in traffic or at bus-stops picking up passengers and I think to myself the hustle is real.

One Uber ride I used last week blew my mind to pieces, it was a very clean and neat Venza. So, fresh and clean I was even afraid to enter I looked at the car description on my app, to make sure the plate number matched the vehicle in front of me and it did. In the course of my trip the driver and I started gisting due to a radio programme we were listening to. Then I found out he had lost his job with Chevron and was using his vehicle for Uber to hold things down.

The people saying he should have known better than to enter a private car are so naive and clueless about the realities on ground now. That robbery incident was well planned, such that, even if you claim to be street smart and an alaye, they would have still scammed you. Planting part of the crew in the crowd of passengers awaiting a ride to work, would never have alerted anyone to the danger lurking round the corner nah!

I dey taya for people ITK on these streets, I swear !
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Zainabthegirl1(f): 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sorry dear

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by HajiaNotu: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
I havent entered a private SUV as kabukabu no matter where I am going.

But I have been a victim of cars...
Red flaags include;;

Faint Plate Number (you can hardly see it

They usually whine up either the front glass door or back door.

They are always eager to take you, some cars may even reverse back.....

They come out early in tje morning or when the sun is scorching to the body...

In all, I think commercial buses are tje best.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by HajiaNotu: 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2021
Klass99:

Thank you for saying this. The hardship Buahri/APC has brought upon the land is so bad, a lot of folks now use their private vehicles for town service to supplement their income.

I have seen a woman using her Sienna to pick passengers along the road in VI on her way home, after work hours. Interestingly, I saw the same woman on a different day picking up passengers in the morning on my way to work. Every now and then, I see her in traffic or at bus-stops picking up passengers and I think to myself the hustle is real.

One Uber ride I used last week blew my mind to pieces, it was a very clean and neat Venza. So, fresh and clean I was even afraid to enter I looked at the car description on my app, to make sure the plate number matched the vehicle in front of me and it did. In the course of my trip the driver and I started gisting due to a radio programme we were listening to. Then I found out he had lost his job with Chevron and was using his vehicle for Uber to hold things down.

The people saying he should have known better than to enter a private car are so naive and clueless about the realities on ground now. That robbery incident was well planned, such that, even if you claim to be street smart and an alaye, they would have still scammed you. Planting part of the crew in the crowd of passengers awaiting a ride to work, would never have alerted anyone to the danger lurking round the corner nah!

Some never stayed in Lagos.. ...
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by SirbobbyDgreat: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2021
Sirpaul:
very pathetic mhen... hope he's much better now?
Yes it’s over a month now
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by HajiaNotu: 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
Klass99:

Precisely why I asked how he intends to track them.
There must be something he knows, that we don't. But, I wish him success in the tracking exercise, finding them is not impossible.
I hope your colleague is okay now and they didn't sexually assault her, for the brief moment they held her.

A lady in my church testified about her own ordeal and said while they held her in the car and one person went to the ATM with her card, another was squeezing her boobs painfully and talking about raping her before they let her go.

I think it's better to be late for work, than to jam these bastards. Just tell your office there has been a high incidence of kidnappings and robberies along your route, especially now that we are in the ember months.

So, you cannot risk your life by leaving home too early around the times they are usually known to operate. We were doing 9 - 3pm at my office, post covid lockdowns and the sky didn't fall, people were still productive. Employers in Lagos are not very reasonable, not all of us need to be on the road at the same time to resume work @ 8am.

Some offices can open at 9am, while some staff can do morning shift of 6 hours and another set takes over at 2pm for afternoon shift. Most employers no dey reason well for this Lagos.
What if you work in a bank..You must be in the office by 7am -7.15...

Where is the job outside to complain about the rules and régulations.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by blackgold2018(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
bigpicture001:

We know one wen we see their comment! Guess ur mum is the cause of ur problems, go get paternity test... U belong to ur landlord!
kid
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by MARX77(m): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
Thank God you're alive OP. I was attacked by two guys at Ajah area 3 days ago while returning from work around 10pm. One grabbed me from behind and the other from the front dragging my phone, a Samsung A22 I just got last month. I made a mistake by holding it in my hands out of fear of pick pockets. Fam, everyone stood at a distance watching me struggle with two guys, I guess they were all scared. Lagos and Nigeria as a whole ain't safe, na God de protect person. Thankfully they didn't succeed in collecting anything from me.

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by buJu234: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
stop joining private cars early in the morning and evening till late at night..

also, don't join them when the roads are free..

incase u joined them during traffic, and the driver wants to pass link road,, please come down immediately..

these are some of the safety tips that I use when going and coming from work.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Rastaramsey(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
Damnnnn niggarr
We men dey waka for place wey rough pass Lagos x 10 still we dey dey okkk......
Na God dey protect pesin...m

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Pinkyposh(f): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2021
ADude:
how is 6am early pls?
Ok let me put it this way, leave when the sky is becoming bright at least from 6:40 to 7am
I don't mind going to work late these days cos of what my colleagues has gone through on that same route

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by eagleonearth(m): 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Viking07:
This is why I will always support mob lynching. Because when these criminals get you, they have zero empahty.
sometimes even innocent people get lynched. It's a dilemma we're facing in this country simply because our police force and other security outfit has been terribly bastardised.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Pinkyposh(f): 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
TheWolfen:
How can one beat Lagos hectic morning traffic if one don't leave home early for work?

For the sake of safety I leave my house at 7am from Ajah to Ikoyi, I don't mind going late.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Klass99(f): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by kachistone: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2021
RichThugg:

i Wonder why op go enter private suv as taxi
undecided

It seems like you haven't been to Abuja. Even Mercedes Benz SUV dey carry passengers for Abuja self. Abuja doesn't have a mass transit scheme as the popular El Rufai buses are no longer functional.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by horlafact(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
Those guys are very weaked. You just have to be grateful to God that you have a reasonable amount in your account.

Be ready to spend even more if you really want the police to track them. However if you have a strong person in the force, you might spend less.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by HajiaNotu: 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2021
Klass99:

As far as I know, most banks (if not all) provide staff bus for their people which ply major routes in Lagos.
In the absence of a staff bus, most provide staff/car loans for their people at low interest rates.
So, you cannot be making excuses like the one I suggested because the chances of being caught up in a dilemma like the OP are very slim.
I don't like cynical talk like - where are the jobs outside to complain about the rules and regulations. Your thoughts become things.

Staff bus in a bank?

Do you stay in Lagos before I continue?

Do you consider contract staffs in a bank for provision of bank loans or car loans...

I am not making excuses for anything..

I am saying if you stay in Lagos especially working on Island and staying on the Mainland...

Its almost impossible not to experience all these notorious people if you are taking public transport unless you are using Uber or personal vehicles or you are self -employed..

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by OmoManU: 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
Klass99:

The people saying he should have known better than to enter a private car, are so naive and clueless about the realities on ground now. Moreover, that robbery incident was well planned, such that, even if you claim to be street smart or an alaye, they would have still scammed you. Planting part of the crew in a crowd of passengers awaiting a ride to work, would never have alerted anyone to the danger lurking round the corner nah!

Even the plan of planting crew amongst passengers would work if not private vehicle but danfo because someone would have easily believe it's just the regular ones, may God just keep guiding us all

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 4:41pm On Sep 28, 2021
tradepunter:
Security awareness

This is an old age tactics used by this criminals. They are now evolving by in cooperating a different look.

What people must understand is that you can never tell who's who... So taking an all out precaution is some what impossible.

What you can within your own capacity is always look to sit close to the windows be it at the back, middle and front.

Insist on having the windows down for your own convience, this act will throw the plans of the criminals into some sought of disarray because it's a new development.

If you are entering a private vehicle physically carry out inspection on the booth of the car, and doors and windows... Other passengers might be acting impatient but they will support silently with this act.

Situations requires some sought of evolution as the environment demands. Most of these car snatchers or car robbers operates by boxing the victim in the middle.

Also you study the rate at which vehicles are heading towards a destination... Therefore passengers have a limited time period they can stand.

So if you realize a passenger is standing beyond a standard time frame, walk away towards another bus stop that's outside his line of sight. Reason for this is to put him off from keep surveillance on you.

My years in the security field have made me realize majority of day to day people doesn't have any form of situation awareness. They live life the way it comes, which is not bad

But what they should realize is that Nigeria is in a bad state of security.... Just staring or looking apprehensive alone will put off the one Chance guys.

One Chance guys target those who are seriously absent minded...

Gee questions for u.

Do u reside in Lagos?
Do u work in Lagos?
Do u work on the island?
Do u take public transport to the office everyday?
How far is ur place of work to the office?
What is ur resumption time?

My questions above would know how to respond to ur safety tips.

Many of those things would not really work cos there re days u get to bus stop and u see large crowd u will not even rmba to check the color of the veh u re entering when u strt rushing to get a space in it cos u re raising against time to get to the office.
Let me just rest here

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by avrilwisedata: 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2021
tradepunter:
Security awareness

This is an old age tactics used by this criminals. They are now evolving by in cooperating a different look.

What people must understand is that you can never tell who's who... So taking an all out precaution is some what impossible.

What you can within your own capacity is always look to sit close to the windows be it at the back, middle and front.

Insist on having the windows down for your own convience, this act will throw the plans of the criminals into some sought of disarray because it's a new development.

If you are entering a private vehicle physically carry out inspection on the booth of the car, and doors and windows... Other passengers might be acting impatient but they will support silently with this act.

Situations requires some sought of evolution as the environment demands. Most of these car snatchers or car robbers operates by boxing the victim in the middle.

Also you study the rate at which vehicles are heading towards a destination... Therefore passengers have a limited time period they can stand.

So if you realize a passenger is standing beyond a standard time frame, walk away towards another bus stop that's outside his line of sight. Reason for this is to put him off from keep surveillance on you.

My years in the security field have made me realize majority of day to day people doesn't have any form of situation awareness. They live life the way it comes, which is not bad

But what they should realize is that Nigeria is in a bad state of security.... Just staring or looking apprehensive alone will put off the one Chance guys.

One Chance guys target those who are seriously absent minded...
These are text book and not practicable tips smiley

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sunsets: 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2021
Just last week in Port Harcourt, a clean and sound Toyota Venza pulled up for Kabukabu from Rukpokwu to Air force, yours truly joined but shining eye like rat. It turned out to be a genuine and safe journey. So, there are genuine ones. But anything like this kidnap and beating could have happened. I remember some persons refused to enter. I didn't blame them. I won't do it again cos those who entered with him could have been conspirators.
SoftP:
Thank God u came out alive’

Honda Pilot for a commercial vehicle!
Sounds suspicious & u should have known better.

This country is just a shadow of its former self
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Ajixegun: 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
But 6 am is not to early now. Sorry @OP

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Iamagoodgirll: 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2021
Things are happening these days one should be extremely careful. So sorry for your lose and thank God they didn't kill you, you will recover all you have lost and they will keep loosing

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
Thank You
Zainabthegirl1:
Sorry dear

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
Amen!

Thank You.
Iamagoodgirll:
Things are happening these days one should be extremely careful. So sorry for your lose and thank God they didn't kill you, you will recover all you have lost and they will keep loosing
Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by avrilwisedata: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
tradepunter:

The plan is never perfect because they run the risk of having other passengers outsmart or outmaneuver them to enter.

This is the opening you would use in getting out... If you gonna go past dozens of passengers and pick up pockets of guys along the same way then you should open your eyes.

If in an event your sense something and jump out they won't wanna risk blowing their cover because the process of getting another route and vehicle for their operations will significantly.

Passengers should learn the act of disrupting potential criminal operations by acting irrationally.... Like jumping out to say abge I wan piss, I wan piss... Or my belly dy pain me oo... It's a tradecraft that can save you.
You're not being realistic. When a robbery incident begins with you as a victim and a gun pointed at you, are u saying you would tell the robber that u want to take a piss? You have somewhere u want to be and after boarding a vehicle heading in that direction, you cannot say if you have boarded a 'once chance' vehicle or not until they start operating. You mentioned earlier that when u plan to board a vehicle, u tell everyone to wait so u can inspect the booth... Seriously? Do u go to the office everyday and ply the 3rd mainland bridge? If yes, have u seen crowds at these bus stops? Seems these tips you're dishing out are excerpts from one foreign security book. Lol. The safest means starting from the highest safety in my opinion still remain :

Your Vehicle or that of a colleague
BRT
Yellow buses/Uber

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos by Sirpaul(m): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
hope you were not injured?
MARX77:
Thank God you're alive OP. I was attacked by two guys at Ajah area 3 days ago while returning from work around 10pm. One grabbed me from behind and the other from the front dragging my phone, a Samsung A22 I just got last month. I made a mistake by holding it in my hands out of fear of pick pockets. Fam, everyone stood at a distance watching me struggle with two guys, I guess they were all scared. Lagos and Nigeria as a whole ain't safe, na God de protect person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill BDC Man After Snatching $80,000 (photo) / Lady Killed By Ogun Cherubim & Seraphim Prophet Buried Amid Tears (Photos) / 'Lawyer' Kills Woman In Arochukwu Abia, In Presence Of Her Daughter & Grandkids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.